Hanging up my guns

Heritage

I got a PM from Tooho asking where I'd been recently. To be honest, I've been sort of hiding out, and here's why: my gut tells me I want to stop running games, and I feel really bad about it. Both my games are so popular - I still get PMs from people wanting to join Trans-D, even though I sometimes think it has too many players already.

But the last week or so, when I haven't been working on the games, has been so stress-free and relaxing; of course, I feel horribly guilty about this, and I don't want to let anyone down, but that doesn't change how I feel. I wish there were more games running on EON - I feel like I'm supporting the whole site, which is of course ridiculous and self-centered, but that's me in a nutshell ::tongue I've been avoiding the site for weeks, afraid of people asking me more ST questions, and I don't want to be a coward anymore.

I need to start working on other things - my teacher wants me to audition for a Star Trek-themed improv show he's developing, and one of my co-workers wants me to adapt one of my short stories into a script for a short independant film. I really feel like things are starting to happen for me creatively in relation to my career goals, and I want to spend less time online in my basement, and more interacting with the world around me.

I don't plan on leaving EON entirely - I'm very keen on playing in more games, and if someone wanted to take over the WJverse, I would happily share all I have and be available as a sort of 'silent partner', or help develop it into an E-book as a setting.

So this is by no means good-bye - this is a great site, and I love being here, but I just want to cut back a little...okay, maybe it's a lot, but still. Believe me, I'm probably as sick of writing these heart-felt posts as you are of reading them, but I really need this change. I hope you're all okay with this very tough decison.

God bless.

Bob Karcher, aka Heritage

I am sorry to see you go H!

Congratulations on your new endeavours though! I hope that they work out for you!

If you dont mind, I would like a copy of what you have for WJ to at least compile into a mini-suppliment. I dont know about taking over STing for the games though.

::smile

I definitely know how you feel, its been hard for me to get back to things here. I'm glad things are working out for you H. While its sad for us, its good that you're making the right choice and taking care of yourself, doing things. Perhaps eventually the pace of things will settle and you'll be able to pick up a game again. Until then, take it easy and live life to the fullest, it sucks when you do nothing.

::beer30 Cheers! ::beer30

P.S. Thanks for telling us, you coulda just disappeared... ::thumbs

Heritage you've done an awesome job ST'ing, something we're all very apreciative of, but you have to do what makes you comfortable and if that includes progressing with life in general then all the better.

We'll be seeing you around anyway so I won't make it sound like a goodbye, so keep us up to date with how things are going behind the scenes with you, who knows we might be talking to a star and don't even know it (though we all suspected it ::wink ).

Fred.

• 1 month later...

Arrgghhh! Just back & missed all Heritage's games! ::brick

Seriously - you've done a great job & we all appreciate it. Best of luck with all your creative wonders ::biggrin .

P.S. Thanks for telling us, you coulda just disappeared...

*coughProfcough*

Yeah - I felt (& feel) guilty too... ::wah

Has anyone heard from Heritage?  I tried PM'ing him over a week ago, and have gotten no response back.

Here I am! ::pimpin

Sorry to be so completely absent from EON of late - the reasons are many:

1. My computer is a hateful piece of shit (on my nephew's PC now - thanks, Mike!)

2. My usual low-grade depression sapping me of creative energy (boo-frickin'-hoo!)

3. Cheating on EON with another website (www.rpol.net, the filthy slag)

4. Laziness (always a big factor)

5. And a bad chest cold that's kept me out of the musty basement where my piece of shit PC lives (hack! wheeze!)

But da Prof is back!

:jumping40:

And to celebrate this auspicious occasion, I shall try to hang about here more often.

On the issue of handing over the reins of my universe to another....well, I guess I'm like any proud papa (or absentee dad, more accurately), reluctant to let my babies go. Maybe sometime in ther future I'll be up for it, but right now it's too soon. Sorry, BN ::sad

Archived