SORRY

ConcreteDragon

UPDATE

The fence is up to 10 feet high (been meaning to do that for a few years now) and I am VERY tired of half sleeping in the barn...

Whatever it was got our $250.00 kid goat (yes, it got my goat ::tongue ).

If it comes back in to the barnyard, it HAS to be a moutain lion. I can then get a permit to hunt it down, and not just shoot it on our property....

I'll prob read and respond to the forums this week after my brain-fog clears...

EPILOG

It turned out to be a young adult male Black Bear. He was just over 4 feet long from tail to snout, and too heavy for me to drag by my self (I'm 230 lbs) more than 2-3 feet at a time!

It turns out that he had learned to open the bar latch on the barn door. When he heard me coming down to the barn at 4:00 this morning, he tried to climb the fence on the other side of the barn yard. I shot him with 2 slugs and a 0000 buck shot from 100 feet away, then he climbed a fir tree. I shot him with one more slug and buck. The fell about 30 feet and charged me, trailing intestines that had got hooked on some branches at the base of the tree. I pulled out my "Cannon" and emptied all 6 shots into him, although the last 3 were after he stopped about 20 feet away, and into the head...(I was pissed ::nuclear , so sue me ::tongue )

I was at no time in much danger...I was on the other side of the 10' high chainlink fence I had just installed ::cool

So, life is back to normal at the ranch now.

We will return you to your regularly scheduled gaming ::wink

Unfortunately, It is against federal law to have any Bear body parts in your possession with out a special permit....

So I turned the body in to the Dept. of Fish and Game along with some photos, just to stay out of trouble.

p.s. one of the shotgun rounds blew his belly open, hence the trailing intestines.............................................................................

Extensive cosmetic damage to the hide is just an excuse to make it even cooler by sticking in tubes and wires and other faux cyber parts until it ends up looking like Robot Chicken or Ro-Man! Lots of hunters have bear trophies, but how many have a RoBear in their living room? ::biggrin

Archived