Aberrant: Afterlife - The Lottery - ATL: The OOC Thread

malkboy

Okay... So once more.. we're starting this game...

Players please resend me your Character Sheets as I hadn't gotten them all onto paper before the unfriendly host swap...

A quick Primer on what you need to join (if you haven't already)...

1. Attributes, Abilities (you can spend your freebie points if you really want)

2. An idea of the character you want. (So you can tell me)

3. A desire to play.

A quick note about characters in ATL...

1. All characters will be stronger than average, but players will not have any knowledge of thier character's nova powers until they figure it out IC (comes with being erupted in a non traumatic or self aware fashion)

2. You'll have at least 21 NP and up to 39 NP to spend on your character after the lottery.

3. No, You won't have any backgrounds until the organization gives you some... you'll be taken care of and if you want to purchase Node or Attunement, then those will be the only exceptions.

4. And read this for any updates.. I'll be reposting what I can and updating THIS post with updates.

3. No, You won't have any backgrounds until the organization gives you some... you'll be taken care of and if you want to purchase Node, then that will be the one and only exception.

What about Attunement? Seeing as how.. ::unsure ::smile

I will be progressing with the game once Codex and levinwurth send me thier character's once more. If there is any intrest in joining, then you need to speak soon or you will have to wait until the next batch gets unthawed.

So, uh, hey, what exactly is going on with Joe and Hank? From what I'd gathered so far, based on the thread and PMs with Alex, in chronological order:

1. Joe became angry at being yanked into existence in a decrepit body

2. Hank steps over to him and tries to calm him down

3. Joe's annoyance triggers his eruption, causing him to create a frozen-time bubble around Hank and himself

4. Hank's presence in the bubble causes Joe to develop a mind-link, currently centered on Hank

5. The masked man ignores this development and asks the company into the next room for testing?

6. The time bubble lasts for about 30 hours outside the bubble, and a few seconds or less inside, and Joe emerges in his room with somebody else's arm?

::unsure

Let me just say.. the time bubble has not been ignored. At the same time, since (I suppose) that I misunderstood when something had occured I had to come to a snap decision on exactley what the powerful effect that Joe had was. In theory with the power I thought he believed was being used, there would have been no Hank going with him on the ride. As Joe responded to Hank before I got a real chance to realize what that meant, I decided to roll with what was going on rather than go back and say that couldn't be. And because what power I thought was being used had been nullified by the interaction, I had to come to a decision on what exactly happened that could fit within the confines of what I'd been informed of.

So from the perspective of Hank and Joe, everyone moved really slow for a few seconds. From the perspective of everyone else not centered on the event, Hank and Joe would have moved really fast had they actually moved. The rest of the world outside the horizon is still catching up to the original time stream, so there are still things that won't work correctly inside so long they still exist in the part of the event that is behind time (things that use electricity, hydraulics) and on the outside things are still occuring. (such as the whole.. we can't drill etc conversation) (Think Accelerate Time power with both the Halo and Lingering effects extras)

The whole "mind-link" which was an interaction I was unaware of and might have been useful knowledge. While I don't really mind, there are instances that perhaps I should at least know that a power is being used (after all.. you only know some of your powers, so each event like that is a missed opportunity) and perhaps (if important) the scope of the discussion in a shared mental link (mind you a short review is good.. I don't have to know everything)

Of course, we could always do the alternative and have Joe disappear, Hank stay in the normal time stream, and the rest of the group move into the next room...

Okay, let's just have Hank stick with the normal time stream and link with Joe when he wakes up, so I don't miss the action. That okay with you, Alex?

You won't miss anything.. you're caught up to the time stream in how I determined the time bubble formed.

6. The time bubble lasts for about 30 hours outside the bubble, and a few seconds or less inside, and Joe emerges in his room with somebody else's arm?

Joe can't see a mirror so all he can see is his arm. His arm's age just changed from 92 to 14.

RE: Time bubble, Mind Link, and information to the ST.

Sorry about that. Mostly this is a result of me getting RL slammed time-wise (multiple high level projects going nova at the same time; job was on the line). I wanted eruption to reflect Joe’s theme and halting time seemed like a good idea at the time. The mind link was unplanned (at least before hand). Joe has the power, Phoenix retro-edited himself into the scene, and it just made sense after the fact (meaning him being there during eruption was a better justification for the power than the one I’d come up with).

Okay, let's just have Hank stick with the normal time stream and link with Joe when he wakes up, so I don't miss the action. That okay with you, Alex?
I'm good with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived