Adventure! RPG - I Need Heroes and Villains!

Arcanum_V

So I've finally sold a new group of gamers on Adventure!. . . .

Now we need some heroes. This is where EON Online comes in.

The players have decided that they like a Mystery Men kind of world: our modern world — only more heroic — populated with action-adventure types. They want to be located in a largish coastal city that already has an Important Team and they want to be the up-and-comers trying to make it big. They want to be heroes-for-hire, sort of like the A-Team and sort of like the Mystery Men. When we start, they'll be hanging out in a bar they know, waiting for someone to hire their services. So far, our brainstorming has produced a Native American high steel worker brawler (think Luke Cage, only Mohawk), an ex-cop with a cybernetic arm and a voice-activated pistol like Judge Dredd's, and a mad scientist orangutan cab driver as player characters. The ex-cop may have a Sam Spade kind of thing going on, with trenchcoats, fedoras, cigarettes, and narrating.

What I need are ideas for the Important Team and a wide array of villains. The major villain will be an emperor-of-the-air Robur the Conqueror/Czar Vargo/Totenkopf/Doctor Zorbo kind of foe with an army of airborne soldiers and an arsenal of flying wings and dirigibles, but he's not coming on the scene quite yet. They need to work up to that. What I need are the kinds of foes that even Aquaman probably wouldn't take on since they're beneath his radar.

I also need the Important Team. This is the group that everyone in the city knows. It's the JLA or the Avengers, only at an Adventure! power level. Without getting too rulesy, that's approximately Batman and lower, with models like Tarzan, Doc Savage, Sherlock Holmes, and the Phantom as typical. I need five to seven members for this team with a variety of themes and interests. The default model is a scaled-back version of the JLA or the Avengers, but I'm open to inspiration here.

Any ideas? Don't worry about listing Knacks or dots or anything. I just need some themes and hooks to get things going.

Straight from the cerebellum, free for the plucking...

Well any Adventure team should have a variety of heroes...something like...

the West Coast Wonders!

Adventure Ace -- master pilot and daredevil, leader and heart of the West Coast Wonders.

Kung Tong - Master of Mystic secrets of the Orient. (martialartist or Mentalist)

Avery McDowell - Philanthropist and inventor. He designed and supervised the construction of the WCW's HQ.

Colonal Jack Argent - Master of military arts, and crack pugilist. He is also the City's and government's liason with the team.

Amy Slone aka Amy Stone - the iron jacketed woman. Victim of a mad scientist's attempt to create a "perfect" woman, instead made her a living statue. She now uses her invulnerbility to battle crime.

Darrel "Mac" Powell - Mechanic and rough and lovable sidekick of Adventre Ace.

Of course this is just off the top of my head. You will have to create a fan club and one reporter that is "gifted" with up-to-date stories of the WCW's adventures. This reporter could also be a hook to the new team....perhaps they have a little brother who is trying to get his "big break" into the reporting business, and so starts to leak his older sibling's leads to the PC team...Imagine how suspicious the Established team might be if the new heroes start to show up at "their" cases... ::cool

Hope this inspires.

Me likey, especially the sidekick duo. A hero-sidekick team with a rocky relationship between them is full of potential. The sidekick might be a good liaison between the PC heroes and the Important Team, as the Sidekick strains on his leash and strives to becomes a Hero.

For a touch of exotica:

The League of Lahanadoor - a group of Indian heroes who are hell-bent on proving themselves to the world. Could be allies one story and mild antagonists the next.

Arjuna Narjantan - A devotee of the war-god Indra and a Hindu of the Brahmin caste, Arjuna is superhumanly strong, fast and durable, with a pair of enchanted swords that make him India's greatest swordsman. (Stalwart with maxed Physical Attributes, the Knacks Blazing Speed, Blindfighter, Body of Bronze, Piledriver, Reptilian Regeneration, Superhuman Reflexes and Threat Awareness, and a pair of 5-dot Gadgets with One Man Army, Enhanced Impact and big adds to Melee... Which he already has Mastery in. ::smile )

Sudevi Narjantan - Arjuna's wife and a priestess of Agni, the fire-god, she is capable of conjuring fire and healing with but a thought. (Mentalist with Command Voice, Flame Conjuration, Thermal Resistance and Touch of Life.)

Imran O'Donell - Half-caste Hindu who handles the team's legal and administrative business as their lawyer. Incredibly smart and tough. (Stalwart with maxed Mentals and Socials, the Knacks Body of Bronze, Indisputable Analysis, Sex Symbol and Sun Tzu's Blessing, and Mastery in Investigation, Academics (Law) and Bureaucracy.)

Sashan Chilaskar - Kashmiri Buddhist who is also a deadly martial artist, having studied his art in ancient Tibet. (Daredevil with Fists of Stone, Indomitable Will, Lightning Reflexes, One Man Army, Perfect Poise, Resilient, Universally Deadly and Untouchable, with Mastery in Athletics, Martial Arts and Melee.)

Rama Tendulkar - The team's transportation and science expert and thoroughly modernised Hindu. (Daredevil with Gadgeteer, Navigation Hazard, and Wheelman/Sea Dog/Trick Rider/Barnstormer, and Mastery in Pilot, Engineering and Navigation, and 5 dots in Science. This guy can have whatever Innovative Gadgets you can think of, courtesy of a 5-Dot Gadget (notes and tools) that give him Mad Scientist and adds to Intelligence, Science and Engineering).

I will admit that I love exotic characters and am going through an Indian stage at the moment, so feel free to keep, reject or make changes to these guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a one-off import from an Adventure adventure I'm running right now:

Dr. Gorgus--The vicisous last survivor of a hidden city of super-intelligent apes, Dr. Gorgus' drive to complete his hideous experiments--intended to create a new super-race--is only matched by his contempt for humankind and his bestial desires...

Archived