Aberrant: Into the Demons Heart - OOC: Into the Demons Heart

Bahamut810

Samantha quickened her step. It has been 4 hours, 12 minutes and thirteen seconds since the revelation...and the awakening.

She looked over her shoulder. She didnt see anyone following. More importantly she didn't see any *thing* following her. Now that she had awakened, they would know. Their own oracle would be awakened any day now if she wasent already awakened.

She breathed heavily. She had been keeping this hectic pace for at least ten minutes. She had finally gotten everything taken care of, all her bases are covered. Money, titles, credit cards...every thing changed to a new name, sold or canceled. She knew it was a huge risk staying *this* long. She had already had encounters with them two times since the awakening...each time she had to stop them in order to save 'civilians'. They don't care about life. They only care about domination. Thats all they have ever cared about. The only reason they waited this long was to make sure that it was her. There is no use in bringing attension to themselves needlessly, after all.

She walked into a large building, through a huge set of double doors. Its time to leave. Its time to set up shop in a new place. Its time to gather...them. Hopefully they had awakened, or will awaken soon.

Walking up to the ticket master, she purchased a one way ticket to a place where no one would ever suspect. She looked again. One can never be too careful. Scanning the croud she made sure they werent there. Good.

"This time," she thinks. "This time it will end. We will save the world."

She looks at her watch again. 4 hours, 30 minutes exactly. She gets on the train, and enters her box. She sighs slightly. To think she was actually planning to settle down eventually. Much must be done before that can happen. Before any of us can. They should all be awake soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Into the Demon's Heart

Genre: Hero Team/Supernatural

Category: Action/Drama

Theme: Saving humanity

The players are teenagers (16~20) who one day wake to find they have amazing powers. They also find that they have the ability to see monsters!

(I would flesh this out more, but I want to keep an element of suprise)

Character Creation:

Allegence: You can ignore this. Most of you will start independant, but will find yourself with the group. More detail when the time arrives.

Eruption: Ignore this. You dont know why you have your powers yet.

Attributes/Abilities/Backgrounds/BP: Normal, Even though you are young, your roughtly the equivelent of 'pre-nova's

Nova Points: 40

Taint: One of the reasons I am giving more points then usual is to try to keep this low taint. Im not saying that you cant *take* taint...but I would like you to keep it pretty low. How are people going to react to someone who has sparks coming out of his pores? Also, Im going to be pretty lax on gaining taint throughout the game.

Restrictions: No one can use an oracle/mentalist type character, there is already an NPC like that. Telekenesis is ok though. I am a bit weary on domination, but I will probably allow it to a character. Because of the background I have so far on this I can only accept 6 PCs. The reasons for this will all become clear in time. Any slots not taken will be given to NPC's.

NOTES:

Campaign: We will not be using the AEon timeline for this. We will be using a 'real world' type scenario. This is my jaunt into bringing this wonder we call the Aberrant system into different settings to see how it will work. Once I have all the character sheets in, I will figure out how you are all brought together, and bring you together (This depends on character history). If you want to set up for some of the characters to already know each other, post it on the thread or PM me and we will see what we can do.

Characters: There will be certian spiritual links between you guys that will give you guys free advantages (powers) and disadvantages (flaws). I would like you guys to make a variety of characters. I would also like 'themes' to your powers. It dosent have to be anything specific, just a general statement (Fire Fist) and you can work from there.

Creation: Please include a costs list (per da prof)! I dont want to have to count everything manually. Any questions should be directed to this thread. Character sheets should be PMed to me. Eufiber is right out on this one. No creator, no eufiber.

Future: I may (keyword may) use this at some point to test some optional rules for an EON book that I will be announcing my intentions of making after the release of the Mega-social book. You might want to take a hard think into taking Specialties for some of your *coughCOMBATcough* skills.

Edit: What kind of common background should the characters have? Any? Lots? Should they at least be from the same city, or what?

Really whatever you want. Just make sure you can speak the language ::biggrin

If you want to be from the same place as someone else, just talk to the person about it and figure out the link.

And because I havent used this yet:

:toxban:

They're teenagers - will "the universal language" suffice? ::wink ::tongue

For some reason I dont think that "Dude!" will suffice ::biggrin ::laugh

For the other universal language...you best have some domination. NO ONE GETS LAID IN MY CAMPAIGNS!! MEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!...

errr.... ::blush

OK, some chargen stuff.

1. I'm still wobbling between an electric teleporter type guy and a fighter, maybe with Shapeshift or some neat body mods. I'm leaning towards the EK, but what do the rest of you think? What kind of character themes are you all planning? I can have fun either way.

Actually I guess that's just one thing.

You've said that this isn't Aberrant. To what degree are the characters still novas and not just supers with nova powers?

Specifically, is Node on the menu? Do we still get the free 3 Resistance and Endurance? Do we still have to eat a ridiculous amount of food? Are we obviously nonhuman like novas?

Specifically, is Node on the menu? Do we still get the free 3 Resistance and Endurance? Do we still have to eat a ridiculous amount of food? Are we obviously nonhuman like novas?

Yes, you can still have node. It will be considered how much power you can push rather a larger node (if that makes sense).

You do get the extra Resistance/Endurance.

In normal play you will be just like normal people. The only way that normal people will be able to determine the difference is through aberrations and power use (how many normal people can bench tanks?).

The source of your guys' powers will be more spiritual bent then from a lump of grey matter ::biggrin .

Hey Bahamut, I sort of want to write a prologue for my character (I always get all feisty before new games ::blush ). Will there be a period after he develops his powers but before he starts "seeing monsters"? Or should I just write it about his pre-"eruption" life? Or should I just settle down for a while? ::rolleyes

Hm.. I count 6 players...

Absolutely no way you can make room for one more?  Pretty please?  Pretty please with a cherry on top?

(dont ask where i got the cherry)

Mr Ben

Unfortunatly there is a reason that there is as many of you are there are. The only other people that will have powers will be the 'bad guys'...possibly some allies as well...but no one that will be able to get to the world and be on the 'good side'. I actually had this capped at 5 origonally...but I thought that at least 6 would want to join.

Hey Bahamut, I sort of want to write a prologue for my character (I always get all feisty before new games ::blush ). Will there be a period after he develops his powers but before he starts "seeing monsters"? Or should I just write it about his pre-"eruption" life? Or should I just settle down for a while? ::rolleyes

What I will do is I will take it from the day after you see your first 'monster'. If you choose to confront it (for some reason) it will quickly vacate and get away.

What backgrounds will be appropriate?  If we are 21, conceivably we could be out of college and have a real job.  We could even be with the FBI or the police.

you will be about 16~20. If you really wanna be 21 I'll let it go if you really want that degree.

Were I one of the older players (you know who you are) I'd try to make room for the new...especially considering you can also play in the new guy's (Mr. Ben) game as well...

Point taken.. ::blush

hmm, Zeke already said it, so now I don't look all chivalrous and such...

I'll give up my slot... but only for one of the newbies.

I'm definitely one of the veterans in the crowd, so mine's up for grabs to anyone else that's got a hankering to play. In fact, P.o.B., if you'd rather stay in, there's sure no cause for you to give up your spot before me. ::what

Our cast so far...

Alex Green - Benedict ‘Ben’ Fernández, Unseen Spanish Presence

Codex - Michelle Robinson, Partially deaf empath

Phoenix - Tobias Connolly, Toughman with no history as of yet

Still 3 spots open. So far Alex and Codex are approved, and as soon as Phoenix can get me a history I can see about approving him ::wink .

Still 3 spots open. So far Alex and Codex are approved, and as soon as Phoenix can get me a history I can see about approving him  .

Well, I'm sort of waiting to find out if someone's going to take my spot or not. But I was basically planning on having him be a normal kid with powers.. What's with all this partially deaf, mute, unseen business? ::huh ::blink ::blush

Archived