Trinity Universe: Into the Void: OOC

knave

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One possibility is the Prophet might be able to use a “Warp” technique… but I assume that’s going to be weaker than standard Warp and thus more useful for “B” than for “A” or “D”.

Slightly weaker. +1 to diff. While it's unlikely that he could Warp extra-solar, he could provide the means to get around the solar system, though it'd be very draining for him.

One possibility is the Prophet might be able to use a “Warp” technique… but I assume that’s going to be weaker than standard Warp and thus more useful for “B” than for “A” or “D”.
Slightly weaker. +1 to diff. While it's unlikely that he could Warp extra-solar, he could provide the means to get around the solar system, though it'd be very draining for him.
+1 diff is just from it being unmastered. The suite power techniques are weaker than the powers they are based on, and that's with Level 2 powers (otherwise there'd be no point to buying Warp). It's very much an ST call, (but I love to speculate so...)

If TK is used as a guide, then the distance would still be figured on the Warp chart. Warp uses [Q]+Succ, the technique could use one of the following:

1) [Q]+Succ {same as Warp}

2) [Q]+Succ/2 {Prof's ruling for TK's tech, but that's a L2}

3) ([Q]+Succ) / 2

4) Succ {Probably too brutal a hair cut}

5) [Q]

Any of these but #4 would work for orbital jumps, at least when the ship was overhead. It's unlikely (unless Prophet has lots of M-Perc which is possible) that any of these would work for solar systems what with the +1 Diff and all that. Just getting to moon takes 7 succ. I think Mars is like 9 to 10.

------------------

On a different subject, the more I look at it, the more I suspect I'm the best candidate for Symbiote.

Oh! You mean as a spatial distortion technique? I thought he was using node spark or something...
Actually I don't know. I'm assuming a technique because that's the only place where you have +1 diff.
Note, prof's ruling was (Q+succ)/2 if I remember correctly.
[Q]+(succ/2). It was a big deal at the time we went into it. Personally I favor ([Q]+succ)/2 for Warp... if it's allowed at all. Spacial Manip already has several extremely strong techniques and that would be another.
Btw, Symbiote can port 2 novas and he's a pretty decent porter too...
That helps a great deal, but I'm not sure it's enough. We are going to have 7 novas, 6 if we don't count Symbiote. We are also going to have significant amounts of gear and samples and the like.

Ignoring gear, the juice used in teleporting a crowd is (P=Person for 2 or more): 3*(P-1)+2*(P-2)

3*(P-1) because taking someone requires attunement.

2*(P-2) because you have to go back for the next person.

So to take P=6 people would be (3+2)+(3+2)+(3+2)+(3+2)+3 or 23 juice.

If you assume we have 200 lbs of gear that becomes effectively P=7 and 28 juice.

No, (Q+Succ)/2. I know 'cause it concerned my character:

Telekinesis needs 10 successes (on the TK chart, p.224) to lift 50 tons. Magnetokinesis needs the same (Vs metal objects only), & Gravitokinesis needs double that, or 20 successes (Vs anything, but it's at half TK's strength). In each case Quantum is added as auto-successes, then Dex (+Mega-Dex) + power rating is rolled for the total number of successes. TK can throw objects '... as if the nova's successes were successes on a Might roll." (p.224). We have to presume this means we take the Nova's successes as if they were a Might skill pool (since Might is never rolled in throwing anyway), or, in other words, a TK can throw stuff a base distance of successes x 5 meters. Unfortunately this doesn't mean that TK gets the same bonuses as Mega-Str, so the distance reduction is still in effect. So, TK can't actually 'throw' a tan

That helps a great deal, but I'm not sure it's enough. We are going to have 7 novas, 6 if we don't count Symbiote. We are also going to have significant amounts of gear and samples and the like.

Ignoring gear, the juice used in teleporting a crowd is (P=Person for 2 or more): 3*(P-1)+2*(P-2)

3*(P-1) because taking someone requires attunement.

2*(P-2) because you have to go back for the next person.

So to take P=6 people would be (3+2)+(3+2)+(3+2)+(3+2)+3 or 23 juice.

If you assume we have 200 lbs of gear that becomes effectively P=7 and 28 juice.

Let them get to the planet on their own!

• 1 month later...

Archived