Trinity Universe: Into the Void: OOC

knave

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex - your 'intro' is good. For the rest of you guys - send me your character intro in pretty much the same format.

For those of you who haven't sent me point cost breakdowns on your sheets - please send me point cost breakdown versions. Many thanks! ::ninja ::biggrin

Re: Occasionally silly nicknames.

Any military unit will create nicknames for those without nicknames...  ::biggrin

Exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

But I have to say I'm less than pleased with this effort.

Does anyone have a name for mud that is forceful, bold, and/or elegant?

Mudslide

Clay fist

Landslide

Rubble

Any Earth gods or Earth Spirits out there?

I think "Landslide" works best of the options I have, although I wasn't able to find any nature gods that really worked either. Landslide's alternative meaning is "overwhelming" which isn't bad.

And Kelly is now "Delphi".

Why does she have a nickname?

MoistEarth

Merth (from the above), sounds like Mirth so if he's jolly it could fit

Terra Cotta

Claypot

Miremuck

Soilstorm

Compost Heap

Gravelmuck (he's hard 'n soft, right?)

Topsoil

Turf

ThunderPeat

FunkySoil

Argil

Brick / MudBrick

Dunno, this is me using a thesaurus and putting stuff together randomly...

Why does she have a nickname?

"Delphi" is short for "The Oracle at Delphi" or “Apollo's Oracle at Delphi.”

In RL, there was a time when Apollo's Oracle at Delphi was someone Kings paid attention to and disregarded at their great peril. It was more of a position than a person, but I think it was, at least sometimes, held by a young girl. If we assume Kelly joined the council within 6 months of her arrival, then she would have been 15 or 16 years old at that time.

It's kind of a funny image. All these powerful people and a kid. The big reason to have her on the council would be that if she says it's important to do something, or not to do something, then she is probably right and the council (or who ever is proposing the action) is probably wrong.

Kelly is indeed her first name. Really useful to all, true follower of none. From a military perspective she'd be a civilian advisor, we could even have her giving tactical advice.

It's worth noting Wycroff's cult was a front for the Harvesters, thus the survivor nature of baselines who came out of there.

- Suntanned people... I guess someone might have hooked up some sunbeds, or got some of the facs to produce some bronzer... otherwise you need to be outside the base...
Or have a power theme that leaves your skin browner. ::cool

In addition the human body really does need sunlight in order to function. That's one of the reasons we people stuck in the North with the snow get "bla" in the winter - no sunlight.

Jason was a rugged, physically impressive bear of a man. Six feet tall and two hundred pounds[...]

Not that I have a bad self-image, but... I'm taller, and about the same weight, and nobody I know would describe me as 'a bear of a man'... Now, before you say that's because I don't work out half as much as I should, remember that muscles weigh more. ::wink

Just thought I'd mention it, since my character probably would fit that description too, and I picture him at least four inches and 50 pounds bigger than how you present Jason. ::tongue

Yup.

I know that character 'Intros' are up in the intro thread, but that's because you're not really new to each other - it's background and a handy place to remember who's who.

This is to get the game rolling and to take up important time while the shuttles Warp out.

Not that I have a bad self-image, but... I'm taller, and about the same weight, and nobody I know would describe me as 'a bear of a man'... Now, before you say that's because I don't work out half as much as I should, remember that muscles weigh more.  ::wink
So I should shrink him by 3 inches or increase his weight?

Depends if you want him stocky or big, I guess... If he's supposed to be big and strong (4+ Str), I'd make him 20 pounds heavier at that height. Not that it's a big deal, but you'd be amazed how much big guys like wrestlers and weightlifters weigh...

A random search brought up this fanpage...

http://members.aol.com/boris71/stats.html

Ok, I don't know who these guys are, but if you look at height/weight ratio there's a certain picture forming in my mind, at least.

Into the Void: Roll Call

Player: Character: Theme

Bahamut810 : Kagejin : “Quickness” (Mega Martial Arts?)

Alex Green: Jason 'Landslide' Brown : Bodymorph Mud & Taint manipulation.

Asbjorn : Adam Hoyle : Control over nature (animals, plants, weather)

Levinwurth: Mikhail 'Bolshoi' Andreivich Rastov : TK, other mentals

???: Tania (Chadwick) : Novox. Illusion control.

Ezekiel : Symbiote : Telepathy, Parasitic domination, & Teleport

Nullifier : The Prophet : Bodymorph ???, ESP, Pretercognition

Prince of Bordom : John Stevens : Power Mimic

I ranked everyone in terms of how physical their powers were. Note that we have 4 mentalist types (although not much overlap)… and no warpers.

??? : Symbiote : Telepathy, Parasitic domination, & Teleport

??? : John Stevens : Power Mimic

Symbiote is 'Zeke and John Stevens is mine.

I ranked everyone in terms of how physical their powers were. Note that we have 4 mentalist types (although not much overlap)… and no warpers.

Note that John can be anything we need. As long as there's an NPC warper John can be too.

Thats one of the reasons we have NPC warpers.

If nothing else they can sit in a spacecraft while we 'do our thing'. That might be a good thing as well. If we can take a large spacecraft we dont have to take Adaptability as a MStm enhancement (technically), we can just land on the planet.

That may not be the most economical thing to do however (while it is the 'nice' thing for Knave to do for us ::sly ::wink ::biggrin ).

Thats does (of course) ignore the fact that the NPCs may well *have* adaptability.

Another thing that I wanted to ask about...

Gravity. If I remember correctly from all my Sci-fi shows rotation of colonies will produse an artifical gravity (thats why most space colonies are circular). If we start the colony rotating we can probably take Gravity-boy with us. Is that correct physics?

(before the OpNet crash there was something of a roaring trade in the display of pirated films)
Something I'll point out (and hope for) is that Olympus probably still has a somewhat functional Op-Net (presumably we'll take it with us). There may be nothing to link back to Earth, but we (presumably) came through it.

Consider:

The crash was caused by two Q6 (or even 8) Cyber type novas fighting in the Op-net. The impossible range of their powers and the interconnected-ness of everything would have fried everything… unless you were on the moon.

The moon is out of range for both of those guys, even if they were both at Q8. Further, this was in 2061 so Kelly would have seen it coming and issued a warning. Better still, the interconnected-ness of the Moon and the Earth would have been limited to one or more huge relay stations that could be taken down. In addition, the moon would have needed it’s own hardware, for political reasons if nothing else. I can’t see the Brigade tolerating the idea of “the baselines can turn off life support from Earth”.

The plan as outlined will have the Rock revolving like B5 using centrifugal force in place of gravity.

Graviton is going to open a warp tunnel and send you guys through in a ship...

He is a bit too valuable to risk sending out himself unless things are pretty dire.

Archived