Aberrant RPG - New power idea

sanicon

That's more or less what the existing power Entropy Control does. I suggest you take advantage of that - even if the nova's power is defined as "power over probability" instead of "power over entropy", you could use a lot of the sweet suite powers given for that instead of writing a whole new category. ::thumbsup

For that, there's the level 3 suite power in the APG Information Manipulation. Deals with manipulating the informational content of communication, which is about as close as you're going to get to manipulating the 'truth' without the level 6 power Planck Scaling. If you're just looking to lie well and detect falsehoods though, I'd look into the Mega-Wits enhancement Lie Detector, and the various Mega-Manipulation enhancements that deal with that stuf.

One more question. The information manipulation power cannot make the information so it is actually true. What power does that (If it is Planck Scaling, wat does it do?)?

You want a power where you could say, "Pigs can fly" and it would become True?

Planck Scaling lets you control reality within a certain range. Universe Creation lets you create new realities. Both are level 6, Q10 min, powers.

lol, I am not saying that I want to make things true with new powers, I just want to know about what can manpulate truth. Anyways, thanks.

I think that's what we're trying to figure out. A statement is "true" when it corresponds to an external state of affairs. If someone says that his car is blue, but his car is actually red, the statement is untrue. To make that a true statement, one of two things has to happen: 1) the car color changes to match the statement or 2) the statement changes to match reality.

What are you looking for?

A power that causes reality to change to make a given statement true? Example: If the speaker says "pigs can fly" and invokes the power, then pigs can really fly.

A power that causes the statement to change to become true? Example: The speaker tries to say "pigs can fly" under the influence of the power, but since the statement is untrue, the speaker either cannot say it, is compelled to tell the truth (as he knows it), or the statement is changed somewhere between the speaking and the hearing to become true.

A power that makes one able to speak the truth without prior knowledge or research? Example: Having never seen a pig, the speaker is asked to say something about pigs. Using his power, he draws on the collective unconscious or God's knowledge or some other kind of infinite database and produces the utterance "pigs cannot fly."

Something else? Can you provide an example?

lol, I am not saying that I want to make things true with new powers, I just want to know about what can manpulate truth. Anyways, thanks.

As Arcanum_V said, 'truth' refers to an external state of affairs, and can't be changed without a power that can manipulate reality itself, i.e. Planck Scaling and Universe Creation. Now, if you want to be able to manipulate what everyone believes to be true, that requires the level 5, q-min 8 power Consciousness Supremacy. By combining the Mental Block and Muse techniques it would be possible, with enough successes, to make everyone on the planet believe something other than the actual truth was the truth, for Q+Power Rating months, after which the Mental Block would have to be reimposed. Now, if you're just looking to fool individuals, like I said before, Mega-Manip's the way to go. That plus the memory editing feature of Telepathy ought to allow you to convince a single person just about anything is true.

Let's go back to the power thing, because I just came up with two more Ideas. One of them is to shape laws, constants (i.e plancks constant), effects (i.e photoelectric effect), paradoxes (i.e twin paradox), principles, etc.

And the other one is the ability to shape nothingness, if you know what I mean. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Let's go back to the power thing, because I just came up with two more Ideas. One of them is to shape laws, constants (i.e plancks constant), effects (i.e photoelectric effect), paradoxes (i.e twin paradox), principles, etc.
All abbies can do this. You should focus less on how you do what you do, and more on what you want to do.

Break all kinds of natural laws if you want. But you still have to pay for the effect you actually want to cause. If ignoring the conservation of energy means generating electrical blasts, then that's a Q-Bolt (Electrical) with a Q-Min of 1. If it means converting other characters into energy, then you probably want to buy "Disintegration" Q-Min 5.

Unless your ST has specifically said otherwise, you probably shouldn't bother looking at effects that have a Q-Min of 6+.

And the other one is the ability to shape nothingness, if you know what I mean. If you have any ideas please let me know.
1) Elemental Mastery: Nothing (or vacuum).

1a) Bolt (lethal or bashing or one of each),

1b) Elemental Shield (the two soak per dot one),

1c) Decrease (Air) - as per Elemental Mastery: Air (four succ create a hard vacuum),

1d) Flight (by destroying the air in front of you pulling you up),

1e) and perhaps even Movement (Tunneling).

2) Mega-App (Mr. Nobody)

3) Mega-Stamina (Adaptation).

Um. What's different from what you were saying before? Planck Scaling and Universe Creation are the only powers able to effect universal constants to such an extent as to actually change on a wholescale basis. With Planck Scaling, you're basically changing Planck's Constant, making it much bigger over the area affected by the power. Universe Creation creates a seperate universe in which you can set the physical parameters and constants to your liking. Now, that's not saying that your character's powers can't be based on mainpulating these things, just that those powers would function as per the books' rules. In other words, these ideas sound more like special effects for powers than powers in and of themselves unless they're q-min 10 level 6 powers. If by 'shaping nothingness' you mean manipulating space and/or time there are two, maybe three powers to look at: Temporal Manipulation (level 3, q-min 5, core book p.226), Spatial Manipulation (level 3, q-min 5, Teragen p.128), and maybe Gravity Control (level 3, q-min 4, core book p. 199). If you're looking to actually manipulate vaccum or vaccum energy, you might want to think about Elemental Anima/Mastery (Vaccum). Anything else you might want to do should be covered by some book-listed power.

Honestly, there are very few new powers that people want to make that aren't covered in some way by powers already listed in the books. I suggest that before you go and make a suggestion for a new power that you look through the books for appropriate powers/techniques/enhancements that might cover the area you're looking for, and to compare power levels. Also, it would be nice if you actually did a preliminary write up so we could all see how your new power differs from and compares to the spectrum of already existing powers.

Huh? Oh. You mean to say that you're looking for help with your ideas for how your character's power profile works? Meaning you get an idea for how you want your character's powers to work, and we suggest appropriate powers? Or am I missing the point entirely? I mean, what kind of advice are you looking for here?

Sorry, I mean its now that and help with powers.

Back with planck sacling, information manipulation, etc., I was actually going to use it for things like making 2+2=3, you are not responsible for your own actions, the other guy is, you can always get what you want and nothing can go wrong, one simple, not so big thing and you'll be popular, etc. Would planck scaling/information manipulation do that?

Planck Scaling could do it over a very limited are and time, Universe Creation could do it for a whole seperate universe. Nothing else is even close to powerful enough. You wanna be popular, or get others blamed for you actions, I suggest you look at the mega-socials.

Archived