X-Man: Legends

Aberrant

so a friend of mine got the new X-MAN: LEGENDS game, and me and him have pretty much been playing it non stop ever sense, its a really fun game. just seeing if anyone here has also played it yet, to see what they think. personally i really like the fight scenes and shit more then the stupid rpg down time crap.

on a similiar note: any one else here an X-Man fan in general? or any of the Marval universe characters? (and i soppose DC.)

Game's not out in blighty, but I'm a big fan... unfortunately never found anywhere that sold the comics, so I've had to stick with routing through info on the web... now I have money, and able to buy online, I can begin my collection! (albeit a bit late)

However, I did watch the animated series (not evolution... I'm still wary of that) when young, in fact, so much so that I now wish I had sky so I could still watch it on Fox Kids... ah well...

Basically, I know a lot, but it's research, not experience... *sniff* ::smiley4

Still looking forward to the game... itching for it, in fact.

[Edit] However, I read a few of the Ultimate series when Marvel started DotComics (when they had a downloadable viewer)

Console... all 3 though, so not too restrictive. And if you've played freedom force, it's appears to me something like that (except no custom characters), although I haven't played it, so I could be wrong. It's defined as an 'Action RPG'.

And as for the 3rd movie, I've got mixed feelings about it... I really wish they'd wait until Bryan Singer finishes superman... because a new director could destroy his vision for the 3rd. What worries me is, one of the writers also wrote alien: resurrection, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (movie, not tv), and toy story... perhaps buzz lightyear will make an appearance.

"Logan, what's wrong, and why are you wearing that costume?"

"To Infinity, and Beyond!"

But still... I'll wait and see on that score... *crawls to a corner and worries*

But back to the topic on hand- You control a team of upto 4 xmen out of a selection of 15, although you can unlock others (such as THE BLOB! WOO!) in a sparring mode. Graphics, although I personally see as awesome, are a rather aquired taste, being a mixture of cel shaded characters and 3d environments.

It's the x-men game thats gonna rock (and does, apparently)... x-men are my life. Yes I'm a geek.

Anyway, I have no doubts that it's gonna be worth getting.

Official Site- requires flash. Check out the Vault!

And as for the 3rd movie, I've got mixed feelings about it... I really wish they'd wait until Bryan Singer finishes superman... because a new director could destroy his vision for the 3rd.

Urgh.

A new director will just have to do something different. Just to put his mark on the thing. Like a new CEO. Centralise IT. Decentralise IT. repeat ad infinitum.

Urgh.

Sux. ::confused

However, I did watch the animated series (not evolution... I'm still wary of that)...

I'd heartily recommend X-Men: Evolution - it's about a zillion times better than the 'original' cartoon, & one of the best treatments of the subject matter that I've seen. To me that series really captured the essence of the X-Men concept - teenagers with teenager problems & a bunch of superpower problems on top of it all.

I don't know how many seasons they've made of X-Men: Evolution, but we've had three over here in the UK (on the Toonami channel) - each one better than the last. Season three, featuring Apocalypse, was the best version of the big 'A' that I've encountered yet - really drawing on his ancient Egyptian roots & giving a brilliant feel for the overall power of the guy. It also has a small tie-in with Rama Tut - who is a personal favourite Marvel character of mine. ::wink

To be honest, I absolutely loathed the artwork of evolution. I have watched it, and found it rather... strange. It seemed to throw away everything I knew about X-Men. Not to mention last time I watched it I couldn't stop laughing at it... and it wasn't at their attempt at humour. I mean, charlies angels? Not to my taste.

Archived