Trinity Universe: New Guardians OOC

Heritage

Hey Heritage - what does the inside of the space station actually look like? Is it just interconnected corridors & rooms (like one big building), or is it more like an enclosed city?

The reason I'm asking is to find out if there's anywhere to fly - could Maria catch the squid by jumping out of a window, or are there no windows & no open spaces in the first place?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Heritage - what does the inside of the space station actually look like? Is it just interconnected corridors & rooms (like one big building), or is it more like an enclosed city?

The reason I'm asking is to find out if there's anywhere to fly - could Maria catch the squid by jumping out of a window, or are there no windows & no open spaces in the first place?

Here's a bit from what I sent to Tooho, but I'll add some more afterward, too.

The Aberrant, which is pretty damn easy to track with it's power up and being all tainty and such, is making a beeline for the greater Commerical District, sort of a combination mall and office complex. The corridors here would be about 4 meters wide, but be fairly packed with miners going shopping for supplies, call girls and petty theives on the prowl, and Nihonjin businessmen seeking out work and/or pleasure. In wider areas the district is two stories high, with artifical sunlight, potted plastic palms, and birdsongs on tape.

I see A-Z as being mostly corridors of various widths and heights, with occasionally areas that open up wider and taller to somewhat relieve the clautrophobia - other than some of the more industrial sectors, I don't imagine there are any open spaces taller than two stories. There's also an open 'upscale' area known as 'Park Sector' converted from some of the hydroponic gardens where most of the bigwigs (including Edana's sister and brother-in-law) live, but that's a few levels up.

Now all I have to do is wait and see if the Prof kills our S-K contact, and we all have no reason for meeting each other... ::tongue

Provisions will be made and Contacts can be adjusted - Leah has a very capable assistant in the form of Ditra, who I assume would take over her responsibilities, at least temporarily. ::thumbsup

Cool ::cool, but... er... 'could Maria catch the squid by jumping out of a window'? ::confused 

Right, sorry! ::blush

Not as such - well, the entrance to Sunset-Kalkay is floor-to-ceiling plate glass with glass doors that faces onto one of the commercial corridor, so you could jump through that if you chose, but you're still on 'ground level' so to speak. The Abbie is up in the air vents, pumping out taint like a mo-fo, so the real trick is to keep up with it and not lose it. Flying would definitly be faster than walking, but some finese is involved to dodge all the riff-raff and 'sararimen' in the corridors, most of which are only about ten feet high. And the Abbie is moving damn fast (close to 30 mph!) but making a ton of noise at it slams around inside the vent.

Cool - if corridor flying is possible, then I guess she'll go for that (not being able to run at 30 mph - & what's with the Imperial measurements all of a sudden - the future is metric, dammit! ::wink ). Hopefully a well-placed telekinetic shield will help to 'snow-plow' the suits out of the way... ::halo

Cool - if corridor flying is possible, then I guess she'll go for that (not being able to run at 30 mph - & what's with the Imperial measurements all of a sudden - the future is metric, dammit! ::wink). Hopefully a well-placed telekinetic shield will help to 'snow-plow' the suits out of the way... ::halo

IC measurements will be metric, lazy OOC ST posts might occasionally be olde fashioned, including references to pecks and gills ::tongue

Gonna do a quickie post in NG, with major posts planned for WJ tonight/tomorrow ::thumbsup

You know what, to make all our lives easier, I think I'm going to give all PCs access to any local cellular networks through their mini-comps. In canon, they go on about how expensive links and calls are, but how the hell else is everyone going to stay in touch? ::sly You all make good enough money (I think) to cover service, and this way it's like not checking off every copper piece when you buy iron rations at Ye Olde Adventurer's Inne.

So as of right now, you guys will all be able to contact each other pretty much at any time, unless you're a mile under polar ice or something - it's just easier this way, and I get to be all dramatic on those occasions when you are cut off.

I'm not getting anything from Edana - do you think she's....? *choke!* ::tongue

Anyone not yet active in the game can show up an anytime, as far as I'm concerned, either walking into the barely-controled chaos of the S-K office, or wandering the corridors on their way over. Remember that you were all hired by S-K in some capacity, so there are no innocent bystanders here ::wink

Heritage, please fill in the rest of the info that Baba-Lou gives Mississippi (color=brown) at your earlyest convenience  .

Dude, I'm not an Admin, so I can't edit your post, but I'll include Baba-lou's comments here for you to edit in yourself:

Quickstraw, it seems there is a mucho grande mal hombre (a very great bad man), an Aberrant, and he is coming this waaay. He is just coming through the air vents now, and will be here shortly. He's a big one, that's for sure!

Just for fun, let's say the intercept point Watson gave to Maria is going to bring her out of the ducts pretty much where Mississippi is standing, but from the side, not the one that Wagner is tearing down, since Maria is trying to 'head her off at the pass' as they used to say in old cowboy movies ::tongue

• 2 weeks later...

A Modest Proposal

Okay gang, here's the deal:

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep the New Guardians game going, for a number of reasons. It looks I'm going to become the full-time DM for one of our two tabletop D&D games, as opposed to rotating duty as we've done in the past, and it looks like it's gonna be a doozy. Combining this with my starting classes at Second City Theater in January (yay, I'm in!) and my planned return to school in spring or summer plus running War Journal here at EON, I don't think it's going to work out. There are still a lot of mammoth-sized plot holes in NG that need developing, and I don't know if I'm going to have the time to do so now - I won't rule out a possible relaunch completely, but for the immediate future it seems highly unlikely.

So here's what I'm thinking - splitting the WJ campaign into two games, much like QZ and QZ: E, one focused on stealth, the other focused on combat (yes, I know this is now technically off-topic in this area of the forum, but bear with me ::smile). A third campaign under the War Journal 'imprint', with a more science fictional bent (::blink) is also a possibility, and it will offer special challenges that might appeal to folks less concerned with fighting a war. WJ was in development for years before I brought it here, so this branching will be relatively easy, and will actually (IMHO) make for a more coherent set of campaigns and allow me to use planned elements that otherwise might take years to incorporate.

I bring this up here because I'm offering first dibs on the 'expansion' slots to folks who have characters in NG but not currently in WJ, seeing as you put so much work into characters that will most likely not a have a home anymore. I realize this is small consolation if you have no interest in Aberrant and/or WJ, but I thought I'd offer it anyway and see what you thought.

I know this little Trinity game has barely had a chance to break out of its shell and ruffle its feathers, and I hate to pull the plug on it so quickly, but I think it's better to do this now than to have us all get more engrossed in it and it starts to suck big time due to lack of development, sort of like the last seasons of X-Files if they happened in the first season after a promising start.

Go to the WJ OOC thread for further details; again, I'm sorry to do this, but I'd rather lose one young game than both my online settings altogether.

Peace be with you!

p.s. Yes, players currently in WJ can have additional PCs in the other games, as long as expansion slots remain.

Arrgghh! This is heartbreaking - I was really looking forward to this game, & really liked my character for it... Even brought a Spanish phrase book & everything... ::tongue ::wink

Still, I do understand the ol' time-management issues.

Sad to see it go, but many thanks for what you did manage to run of the game, Heritage - I really liked experiencing someone else's take on the Trinity setting ::thumbsup . It's a pity we don't have more people on-site interested in running games as well as playing them (big hint all round ::halo ).

RIP New Guardians (sniff, sniff). ::smiley4

Yeah, I loved the PCs, too, and we never even got to the freaky-ass sexbot ::sad

I'm not throwing away this stuff - maybe in six months or something I can try a relaunch, so don't hold your breath ('cause you might, y'know, die), but don't give up hope altogether. I would like to try it again sometime when it's actually developed, and not just a few notes scribbled in a notepad ::tongue

The setting is fine, but my meta-plot is currently for crap, and too much like one of those bad WW storylines where there are far too many powerful NPCs floating around getting in the way.

"Someday, we'll meet again! Don't know where, don't know when!" ::smiley4

It's a pity we don't have more people on-site interested in running games as well as playing them (big hint all round  ).

Funny you should mention that... I have been thinking about bringing back a D&D campaign I had started a few years ago... though I know no one here would be interested in playing a dreaded D20 game... ::rolleyes

... I would like to try it again sometime when it's actually developed, and not just a few notes scribbled in a notepad...

Hey - notes scribbled in a pad would be a step-up from most of my develoment for games... ::lookaround ::tongue

The setting is fine, but my meta-plot is currently for crap...

You have your own meta-plot? Wow... ::blink I tend towards having a general idea of where things are going, but nothing that solid. To be honest I find that, after a point, these things tend to write themselves - a lot can be driven by interesting & well-played PCs, with just the occassional nudge by the ST. Having said that, I'd never claim it wasn't hard work - you have to at least know more about where the whole thing is going than the players do &, as you mention, the more detailed your planing of the setting, the better (in most cases).

Funny you should mention that... I have been thinking about bringing back a D&D campaign I had started a few years ago... though I know no one here would be interested in playing a dreaded D20 game... 

To be honest I'd be interested, but I doubt that this Trinity Universe-specific site would really be the right place to run a D&D game. If you were interested in running some D20 Trinity Universe stuff though... ::halo

Yeah, I loved the PCs, too, and we never even got to the freaky-ass sexbot.

It's so cool having another BtVS fan on the site - of course, if they're weren't, I'd just content myself by stealing lines and material from them all the time. ::closedeyes ::smile

To be honest I'd be interested, but I doubt that this Trinity Universe-specific site would really be the right place to run a D&D game. If you were interested in running some D20 Trinity Universe stuff though...

Actually, I'm thinking of running on the site that Zeke pointed us to for the online character sheets. Just thought I'd mention it here...

• 2 months later...

Now I'm not saying anything definite yet, but I might be willing to take another shot at running this game again, restarting in a month or so. There might have to be a bit of a timejump, which would be covered by some amazingly well-writen posts by moi ::tongue, but I just wanted to get an idea of who would still be interested in this thing.

So anyone still game out there?

I'm glad to see so much interest in reviving this poor little game, and I'm looking forward to doing so, and yes, I will take on new players, since as of now Potts is MIA, and I'm really not as hung up on the whole 'number of players' thing.

Zeke, if you don't want to commit now (and I certainly don't blame you), just know that a comfy chair will be waiting for you when you return from your travels ::biggrin

Kibwe is still waiting ::biggrin

The reasons I want to do a bit of a time jump (probably only a day or two after everyone's last posted actions) are two-fold:

1. Straighten out the continuity to explain the whole missing Potts/Maria issue - I have a plan that will take the firey Latina out of the action, while still allowing the Prof to jump back in if and when he makes his triumphant return to the forums.

2. Give Sunset-Kalkay a little time to get their collective shit together, in the aftermath of Leah Wagner's shocking metamorphosis. The operation you've all been hired for will still be the same, though certain aspects may well have changed in light of recent events, but the need for new blood allows a nice way for new players to join.

If this is okay with everyone, I may even be able to have NG up and running in two weeks or less - yay!

:jumping40:

I'm in! With all my heart (but maybe not all my back... ::rolleyes ) - Maria's one of those characters I really like the idea of playing, & the game was going really well (okay - apart from the whole 'kill the patron' bit... but generally, excellent stuff!).

I'm in! With all my heart (but maybe not all my back... ::rolleyes) - Maria's one of those characters I really like the idea of playing, & the game was going really well (okay - apart from the whole 'kill the patron' bit... but generally, excellent stuff!).

Glad to have you back, man! And this means no timejump and no cliched 'Maria's in a coma' scene, which is what I was planning until your much-hoped for return ::tongue This means we can be back playing again much sooner, and my long put-off anuerism can final occur! ::biggrin

Keep watching the skies - er, this thread!

Archived