Trinity Universe: Trinity Exploration Force

ProfPotts

Shaz listens to Meyers' disciplining with a blank expression on her face. To the more perceptive she seems to be almost biting her lip to hold back an answer or two, but she remains at attention until the commander is finished.

She takes a breath to speak, but is momentarily cut off by

"Dismissed ensign"

Standing still for a second or two, she then turns around and moves over to the pilot sim while bringing up the keyboard interface of her minicomp, quickly typing a message as she walks.

To: LCDR Meyers

Subject: An explanation

Sir,

I feel the reprimand you gave me regarding my addressing LT Red was undeserved, and would like the opportunity to explain myself.

ENS Brooks, Sharon

She then kills the keyboard interface and sends the message, standard priority.

Still with a badly concealed frown on her brow she walks over to Marina and Alexander, smiles a slightly crooked smile and says in a low voice with a brief glance over her shoulder

"Mind if I join you? Seems I'm expected to limit my company to those of my own rank..." ::confused

Suddenly seeing Lt Logan as well, she blushes ::blush , salutes and adds

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant. I didn't see you at first..." ::lookaround

"Ensign Brooks, ma'am. Pilot branch."

Having introduced herself to the lieutenant she offers a suntanned but smooth and feminine hand to the two ensigns as well.

"I'm Shaz. Hi. Suvorov... I think I've seen you around the academy, didn't I? Not much of a party animal, if I remember correctly..." ::wink

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Mind if I join you? Seems I'm expected to limit my company to those of my own rank..."

Sidling back a little, Marina smiles gently. "Of course not. Friendly faces are always welcome."

Shaking her hand when offered she merely offers, "Marina, security." Still easing away from the crowd, a slight smile tugs at her lips as tries to slip away quietly.

Suddenly seeing Lt Logan as well, she blushes  , salutes and adds

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant. I didn't see you at first..." 

"Ensign Brooks, ma'am. Pilot branch."

Rhi profesionaly returns the salute, "Lt. Logan, Science/Sensors. My first order is for you to stand at ease, grab a drink, and enjoy your self............ ::biggrin . My next order is for you to salute and refer to me as LT. only while we are on duty, the rest of the time please call me 'Rhianna', or Rhi for short ::bigsmile " and the little Lt. puts her had out for a shake.
Still easing away from the crowd, a slight smile tugs at her lips as tries to slip away quietly.
Noticing her Best Friend's discomfort, Lt. Logan whispers up to her--- "If you're ready to leave, I'll cover for you ::wink . But first, let's go introduce you to the senior staff and the Qin, Captains orders... ::devilangel "

Freezing, she stares at the Rhianna. "Couldn't just let me slip out?" ::crazy

Glaring, Ensign Soto puts a hand on her hip and starts complaining quietly. "I am going to meet them on ship, Rhi. There's no need to annoy them today. I would much rather..." trailing off she looks around frustratedly. "They will come to us when they wish to be introduced. I've met the captain, isn't that enough?"

"Well, in terms of protocol, you can't leave with out permission. So, You could go over and ask the Captain for permission to leave, You could pick a fight with some one, loose, and get carried out on a streacher." Looking thoughtful, Rhi goes on, "Also, you could leave with out permission and risk the ire of the Commander. But if you thought the L.C. was strict with Shaz.....He's a pussy cat compaired to her. Or you could go over there with me right now, get introduced, and let me do all the talking. That is what I'm good at, after all ::devil "

But after looking in to Marina's eyes she adds "If you really need to go, I'll cover for you with the Captain ::thumbsup ."

Staring at her feet morosely, Marina shakes her head. "No. No, I don't need to go. But lets do something. I can not stand to just gawke at the others. Of course... if you are offering to let me beat you up, then I guess that'll cover things."

Nervously running her baseball up and down her leg with her left hand, the brunette roughly runs her hand through her shoulder-length hair. "I hate these things. They always seem too long. I'd rather be punching a bag or something."

Putting her hand up in the universal signal to stop, she grimaces. "I know I'm just antsy and its only been like ten minutes. I was only kidding, Rhianna. I need to be doing something. ::sly And meeting the head honchos isn't it. Five card draw?"

Having introduced herself to the lieutenant she offers a suntanned but smooth and feminine hand to the two ensigns as well.

"I'm Shaz. Hi. Suvorov... I think I've seen you around the academy, didn't I? Not much of a party animal, if I remember correctly..."

Nodding to himself, the big man takes her hand in his own calloused one. "Yes. I remember you." Suvorov shares a small grin at her comment. "I did not feel comfortable at many parties, too much noise I think. But I also remember you seemed very happy at them." ::blush

"I know I'm just antsy and its only been like ten minutes. I was only kidding, Rhianna. I need to be doing something.  And meeting the head honchos isn't it. Five card draw?"

With years of learning to listen behind him, the Russian's ear easily picks up the conversation between Rhianna and Marina. Letting go of Shaz's hand with a polite nod, he turns his head slightly to address the pair of unlikely friends. "That is slang, da? A game of poker? I would like to join, if it is acceptable."

Looking supremely grateful, the brunette positively beams at the russian. "You, my friend, are a godsend." Patting Lt. Logan on the shoulder, she grins impishly. "That's definitely enough introductions, Rhi. A couple hands of cards and we'll meet some more, deal?" Not even waiting for a response, Ensign Soto rushes off to grab a deck of cards. "You'll join us right?" Patting Shaz on the shoulder she gently pushes her towards an empty table. Ushering Suvorov into a seat, she curls into one herself and shuffles the deck quickly.

Nodding to himself, the big man takes her hand in his own calloused one. "Yes. I  remember you." Suvorov shares a small grin at her comment. "I did not feel comfortable at many parties, too much noise I think. But I also remember you seemed very happy at them."  ::blush

"...and not quite as happy the morning after..." ::biggrin

Shaz had indeed been popular at both the official and unofficial parties through her education, the busy schedule of the academy not allowing for many other arenas for the eternal game between the sexes. Lots of her fellow students were interested in the australian beauty - understandably - and Alexander probably remembers her as something of a wild girl, with a - perhaps undeserved ::wink - less than virginal reputation.

With years of learning to listen behind him, the Russian's ear easily picks up the conversation between Rhianna and Marina. Letting go of Shaz's hand with a polite nod, he turns his head slightly to address the pair of unlikely friends. "That is slang, da? A game of poker? I would like to join, if it is acceptable."

"Not slang, mate. It's a kind of poker. The regular kind, but still..."

"You'll join us right?" Patting Shaz on the shoulder she gently pushes her towards an empty table. Ushering Suvorov into a seat, she curls into one herself and shuffles the deck quickly.

Shaz laughs at the physical interruption and lets herself be handled towards the seat, sitting down opposite Marina.

"Sure, I'm in. So what's the ante? No fun in playing strip with only one bloke at the table, so we'll have to think of something else..." ::sly ::tongue

The young blonde picks up her cards, rearranges them and looks around at her fellow players.

"Bet? I hadn't really considered.." Marina murmurs as she readjusts her cards. "Doesn't matter to me, though I wouldn't suggest any naughty behavior in front of the parental types." Nodding absentmindedly towards the senior officers. ::sly

"Sure, I'm in. So what's the ante? No fun in playing strip with only one bloke at the table, so we'll have to think of something else..."

Folding his long frame into the chair between Shaz and Marina, the admittedly naive' Suvorov takes a moment before he realizes what the Aussie's talking about. His dark green eyes widen before he catches himself, covering his startlement by responding to Marina.

"Bet? I hadn't really considered.." Marina murmurs as she readjusts her cards. "Doesn't matter to me, though I wouldn't suggest any naughty behavior in front of the parental types." Nodding absentmindedly towards the senior officers.

"In my village," he says carefully, still trying not to goggle at Shaz's brazen reference to strip poker, "we would sometimes wager stories, or favors."

"In my village," he says carefully, still trying not to goggle at Shaz's brazen reference to strip poker, "we would sometimes wager stories, or favors."

Noticing the big russian's discomfort at her comment, Shaz laughs and replies

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that sounds like truth or dare, Alexander..." ::sly ::wink

For a moment she holds Alex's eyes, giving him a teasing look and a smile playing on her lovely lips. Then she breaks out laughing, reaches out and pats his shoulder and adds

"No worries, mate. I think that's a great idea! Swapping stories like that is a good way to get to know each other."

::blink "Okay, sure, that sounds fine to me. I guess."  ::unsure "Favors can get sticky, if you don't know the people well, so I'll agree to a story."  ::confused "Who's going to keep track?"

"Well, wouldn't that have to be the most reliable and responsible of us...?" , Shaz looks sideways at the lieutenant and smiles

The resident Clair turns to glare---"Hey, I can be responsible!.............Just look how many times I've been responsible for getting you out of trouble ::angry ::hmmm ::bored ::smile ::bigsmile ::biggrin ::laugh "

With that, Rhianna puts her minicomp on the table (so all can see the tally), and sets up a quick spread sheet .

"Doesn't count if I can't see it coming!" ::tongue

"Actually, Lt. Logan is a very upstanding and mature officer. She's reliable and hardworking and ever such a good friend... when she isn't torturing you of course!" ::bigsmile

Smiling at Shaz and Alexander, she winks. "But then what do expect of a brain?" ::halo

Once Lieutenant Commander Meyers has finished his reprimand & seated himself, Azure glides over to stand before the three senior officers - following orders, Red trails behind her...

The blue alien smiles gently in response to Meyers' greeting. In a soft, melodic, tone she speaks to him,

"Thankyou for your concern, Lieutenant Commander."

Turning back to face Captain O'Malley she nods,

"Lieutenant Azure reporting for duty, Sir." Theres a friendly, almost gently teasing, tone to her words that matches the smile playing on her lips. ::smile

The alien doctor then switches to the smooth, sibilant, tones which - together with a focused mind - form the basis of the Qin's own strange language,

"<You do recall how I tought you to use your tongue, Bryan? Human languages are so very like your 'hard' technology - all rough edges & angles - in many ways they suit your people>..."

As she speaks, her thoughts convey a more complex message to the Captain,

*Brian here doesn't fully trust non-humans - I can understand why, of course - but I feel he's overcompensating for those emotional responses he sees as failings. Trust me - I've studied human psychology in quite some depth. Red & I are here to explore your culture, as well as any we may encounter on our mission - segregating us from the very start is not an ideal way for us to proceed towards achieving that goal. Perhaps you could find some way to permit my warrior companion to engage with his fellow crew-members which doesn't undermine Brian's authority?*

Across the room, Ensign Masters finds it impossible to resist being drawn towards the gambling that is promised. Heading over to the group he grins,

"Hi there - Shaz, Sov'," Alexander recalls Takashi's tendency to reduce everyone's name to some abbreviated nickname - for some reason he always seemed to think that calling a Russian guy called Suvorov 'Sov' was witty & clever ::rolleyes , "are you gonna' introduce me to the ladies?" He winks at Rhianna & Marina ::wink . Taking a seat, he looks at the set-up with feinted innocence,

"Oh - is this some sort of a game? It looks terribly complicated... but I'll see if I can struggle along & not make too much of a fool of myself in the process..." ::halo

Shaz's memory quickly flashes over the numerous gambling establishments she's visited with young Mr Masters... Even 'Sov' recalls that his fellow Ensign was reprimanded for hosting poker tournaments in his dorm when they were both Cadets...

Meanwhile... over the skies of Normandy...

Lieutenant Hawkes' green Royal Flying Corps Sopwith Camel banks left, then twists into a tight spiral dive, pulling up just before it impacts the tree-line.

Lieutenant Adair's red German Air Force Fokker Triplane starts to follow the move - baking left, but veers off from the impending trees a fraction of a second too soon...

... The crowd of onlookers hold their collective breath... ::nervous

... It's all the time Britt needs: the green biplane power-climbs up behind the red triplane, twin machineguns blazing away with their tiny holo-simulated bullets ::m60 - a line of holes is stitched along the fusilage of the red plane - & thick oily black smoke starts to pour from its engine. The biokinetic's face screws into a mask of concentration - but it's all over: the red plane can't be saved. As the Fokker disappears in a translucent fake explosive crash, its green counterpart barrel-rolls its victor over the site - before heading off into the sunset...

The simulated landscape vanishes to be replaced by the pilots' scores - floating in mid-air above the small games-table for all to see:

Adair, J. 74%

Hawke, B. 95%

The onlookers break into spontaneous applause - it's not often that they get to see such an intense, skillful, battle between two real combat pilots. Both officers are roundly praised for their performances. Britt (naturally) is registered as the game's new high score, although Jason isn't far behind with the number four slot on the top ten.

Adair, J. 74%

Hawke, B. 95%

The onlookers break into spontaneous applause - it's not often that they get to see such an intense, skillful, battle between two real combat pilots. Both officers are roundly praised for their performances. Britt (naturally) is registered as the game's new high score, although Jason isn't far behind with the number four slot on the top ten.

Britt looks over towards Lt. Adair with a wide smile on his face and a twinkle in his green eyes as the scores are flashed up. Then once the top ten scores come up, Britt thanks anybody giving him praise as he makes his way towards the defeated pilot.

"It was a good contest, Lt. Adair. Perhaps next time you won't underestimate my ability or your own skills. But, as an Irishman once said, 'There are good ships, there are wood ships, there are ships that sail the stars and sea. But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be.'"

Britt extends his hand to Lt. Adair in an open sign of friendship.

"are you gonna' introduce me to the ladies?" He winks at Rhianna & Marina  . Taking a seat, he looks at the set-up with feinted innocence,

"Oh - is this some sort of a game? It looks terribly complicated... but I'll see if I can struggle along & not make too much of a fool of myself in the process..." 

Shaking her head, Ensign Soto smiles at Alexander. "Have some interesting friends, doncha? Thought I was cursed." Smirking slightly, she rises quickly and mock-bows. "Ensign Marina Soto, at your service." Immediately curling back into the seat with her knees under her chin she idly looks at her cards for a moment before looking up innocently. ::halo

Raising her eyebrows she grins devilishly as she deals the cards just out of reach, holding her hand over them. "No name.. no cards. If you are going to fleece us, I have to know who I'll be indebted to." ::wink

"Thankyou for your concern, Lieutenant Commander."

The LT. Cmdr. nods

"I'm glad you came doctor, we were just discussing emergency crew positions on the ship. I was wondering if it would be possible for Red to format to one of the gun positions. If so, I'd be quite happy."

Meyers then frowns a bit

"You shouldn't have any problems with the crew. Make sure they address you as Doctor or Sir until you've given them permission to speak freely unless you've spoken to them first. That goes for you too Red. At least at first...We're to run a tight ship if we're to expect for things to run smoothly. Next thing you know we'll have cadets walking up to the captain and addressing him as Brian..."

Meyers expression seems to convey that this would be bad.

"It was a good contest, Lt. Adair. Perhaps next time you won't underestimate my ability or your own skills. But, as an Irishman once said, 'There are good ships, there are wood ships, there are ships that sail the stars and sea. But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be.'"

Britt extends his hand to Lt. Adair in an open sign of friendship.

Jason shakes Britt's hand, grinning heartily in return.

"Just like you say. It makes me feel pretty good to know those guns are gonna have my back if the shit hits the fan one of these days."

Cadet Singh reaches out and picks up the last bits of his study gear, slipping them into the comrotable pockets of his uniform.

With everything gathered he turns to start towards the officers as his reflection catches his eye in the polished bioglass of the observation window. With practiced but unfamiliar action he straightens the slipping turban on his head, rubbing his beard down to get himself looking "presentable" before turning towards the senior officers.

The cadet steps quietly towards the officers table, taking in more detail of the aliens stood there as he did so. Suprise rises on his face as he gazes more closely at the Diplomat, Azure, his appreciation of the elegance and grace of "her" form hidden but not deeply.

"<You do recall how I tought you to use your tongue, Bryan? Human languages are so very like your 'hard' technology - all rough edges & angles - in many ways they suit your people>..."

As he steps towards the two aliens it is like stepping towards a larger crowd, the noises that the neutrals hear mixing with the sensation of psi moving, passing between one place and another. A noise he had struggled for years to comprehend, that once stood at the edge of his preception now blazing away as if a third eye had been opened. With a Polite cough the Sikh stopped a respectful distance away, knowing that wether alien or human, to intrude unannouced is highly rude and such would be a bad start with these people who he would be spending a lot of time with.

Meyers then frowns a bit

"You shouldn't have any problems with the crew. Make sure they address you as Doctor or Sir until you've given them permission to speak freely unless you've spoken to them first. That goes for you too Red. At least at first...We're to run a tight ship if we're to expect for things to run smoothly. Next thing you know we'll have cadets walking up to the captain and addressing him as Brian..."

Meyers expression seems to convey that this would be bad.

A slightly pained expression crosses the young mans face, as if being forced to rethink what he had intended to say, but quickly disappears from his features.

The young cadet looks to the Qin Lt and addresses her in his mild toned english, having heard portions of her comments to the captain as he walked over"I have to agree Ma'am, The English language is much like a peice of 'hard' Technology. It has rough edges but it also has the benefit that it can be used equally effectively by everybody." ::blush ::nervous Realising that he may have spoken out of turn the young man quickly turns to talk to the other senior officers.

"Excuse me, I'm forgetting protocol... " he says, stepping into the well know attention stance as he addressed O'Malley. "Cadet Singh reporting as ordered Sir." In his eyes a faint glimmer of pride appears as he speaks.

Shaking her head, Ensign Soto smiles at Alexander. "Have some interesting friends, doncha? Thought I was cursed." Smirking slightly, she rises quickly and mock-bows. "Ensign Marina Soto, at your service."

"Now you've done it..." , Shaz shakes her head and looks at Marina. "Tak always takes comments like that in a way you don't want..." ::rolleyes

Raising her eyebrows she grins devilishly as she deals the cards just out of reach, holding her hand over them. "No name.. no cards. If you are going to fleece us, I have to know who I'll be indebted to."  ::wink

"Girls, this is Takashi Masters. Tak, these are girls. Marina and Rhianna. Be nice."

Looking over at Marina she adds

"Besides, he's not really that good... He doesn't even want to play dice with me anymore..." ::wink The young blonde throws a knowing glance at the psychokinetic badge on Marina's uniform.

The alien doctor then switches to the smooth, sibilant, tones which - together with a focused mind - form the basis of the Qin's own strange language,

As she speaks, her thoughts convey a more complex message to the Captain,

*Brian here doesn't fully trust non-humans - I can understand why, of course - but I feel he's overcompensating for those emotional responses he sees as failings. Trust me - I've studied human psychology in quite some depth. Red & I are here to explore your culture, as well as any we may encounter on our mission - segregating us from the very start is not an ideal way for us to proceed towards achieving that goal. Perhaps you could find some way to permit my warrior companion to engage with his fellow crew-members which doesn't undermine Brian's authority?*

Bryan smiles, "<of course, and I have an idea>"

"Excuse me, I'm forgetting protocol... " he says, stepping into the well know attention stance as he addressed O'Malley. "Cadet Singh reporting as ordered Sir." In his eyes a faint glimmer of pride appears as he speaks.

Bryan looks down at the young cadet, "Ah, Cadet Singh, at ease. LT Azure and I are about to have a quick meeting with the senior staff. Perhaps you could escort LT Red here around and introduce him to the junior officers?"

"Now you've done it..." , Shaz shakes her head and looks at Marina. "Tak always takes comments like that in a way you don't want..."

"Like that wasn't already an issue?" Shaking her head, Marina rolls her eyes towards Lt. Logan.

"Besides, he's not really that good... He doesn't even want to play dice with me anymore..."  The young blonde throws a knowing glance at the psychokinetic badge on Marina's uniform.

Sliding her hand away from the cards, she looks to her own smiling knowingly. "Just because one can, doesn't mean one should. Nice to meet you, Ensign Masters." Buffing her nails she rubs them idly on her patch. ::sneaky2

Smiling politely during the introductions, Alexander waits for the cards to be dealt, then picks his up. Taking a moment to simply enjoy the camaraderie at the table, he pauses, then looks at Marina. He looks almost awkward squeezed into the one-size-fits-all chair; some might wonder how he fits into his bunk.

"Which game shall we play? I have heard there are many variants of this."

"Just like you say. It makes me feel pretty good to know those guns are gonna have my back if the shit hits the fan one of these days."

Britt grins widely at his new friend, "Who knows what's going to happen once we get on board... for all we know, I could end up driving the beast while Shaz and you drive the beauts. After all, you can interface to make the ship closer to being one with you. That's one feat, I can't duplicate with all the practice in the world. Speaking of going on board, I should probably *actually* report to the Captain. He looked sort of, busy, when I came in. Come with if you want, but it still looks pretty busy over there..."

Not waiting but a moment for a response, Britt starts across the room towards the captain. Masterfully navigating through the room to the table where the command staff has assembled, Britt waits until acknowledged before snapping a salute to the captain, "Lt. Britt Hawke, reporting for duty sir."

"Five card draw sound good to everyone?" Tapping her cards lightly in front of herself, she smiles gently up at Alexander.

"Everyone gets five cards. You look at your cards, everyone bets then you tell the dealer how many cards you need to draw, discarding the same number of cards that aren't useful in your hand. You can only draw four cards if you are holding an ace otherwise its three and down. After everyone draws from the deck, then another round of bets till everyone calls. Winner takes the pot. When ever you need you can ask what beats what if you don't already know." ::rolleyes

Leaning closer so that her long hair slides forward shielding her from the others at the table, she whispers to him, "I'd be careful about asking Ensign Masters or Shaz. I have a feeling they mean to fleece us of our hard earned stories." ::wink

Britt grins widely at his new friend, "Who knows what's going to happen once we get on board... for all we know, I could end up driving the beast while Shaz and you drive the beauts. After all, you can interface to make the ship closer to being one with you. That's one feat, I can't duplicate with all the practice in the world. Speaking of going on board, I should probably *actually* report to the Captain. He looked sort of, busy, when I came in. Come with if you want, but it still looks pretty busy over there..."

Jason nods.

"Yeah, we might as well."

He follows Brit across the room.

Britt waits until acknowledged before snapping a salute to the captain, "Lt. Britt Hawke, reporting for duty sir."

Immediately after Brit finishes, Jason flashes a crisp salute of his own, then stands at attention and says,

"Lt. Jason Adair, ditto. Sir."

"Uhh...Anyway. Izzat thin' doin' aight?"

Cadet Chow sends a couple of sparks of blue-white electricity into the link, before putting it back together & fixing it back into place. Having successfully programmed it to translate from 'Southern drawl' to English, she nods...

"I'm glad you came doctor, we were just discussing emergency crew positions on the ship. I was wondering if it would be possible for Red to format to one of the gun positions. If so, I'd be quite happy."

Red answers the question himself,

"Too primitive."

Whether he refers to himself or the ship is unclear - in either case the answer seems to be 'no'.

"I have to agree Ma'am, The English language is much like a peice of 'hard' Technology. It has rough edges but it also has the benefit that it can be used equally effectively by everybody."

Azure turns her pleasant gentle smile upon the young cadet, replying in the Qin tongue,

"<Well spoken, young Jamal. Your Mentor, although not of our house, spoke highly of your abilities.>"

"Besides, he's not really that good... He doesn't even want to play dice with me anymore..."

Takashi smiles all through Shaz's introduction, adding in way of reply to her last comment,

"What? Haven't you seen me naked enough already? Sheesh girl, you'll do anything to get a guy out of uniform, won't you?" ::sly ::devil

"I'd be careful about asking Ensign Masters or Shaz. I have a feeling they mean to fleece us of our hard earned stories."

Aparantly missing the whispered comment as he takes his seat, the young Masters glances about the assembled group then asks,

"So - is it Shaz's usual terms - minimum bid one article of clothing, pairs count as one item - dares to be allowed as substitute?" ::halo

"Five card draw sound good to everyone?" Tapping her cards lightly in front of herself, she smiles gently up at Alexander.

"Everyone gets five cards. You look at your cards, everyone bets then you tell the dealer how many cards you need to draw, discarding the same number of cards that aren't useful in your hand. You can only draw four cards if you are holding an ace otherwise its three and down. After everyone draws from the deck, then another round of bets till everyone calls. Winner takes the pot. When ever you need you can ask what beats what if you don't already know." 

The big Russian smiles and nods in understanding.

Leaning closer so that her long hair slides forward shielding her from the others at the table, she whispers to him, "I'd be careful about asking Ensign Masters or Shaz. I have a feeling they mean to fleece us of our hard earned stories."

A brief chuckle sounds deep in Suvorov's chest, cut off abruptly by Takashi's question.

"So - is it Shaz's usual terms - minimum bid one article of clothing, pairs count as one item - dares to be allowed as substitute?"

With a startled jolt, the dark-haired young security officer flushes, his skin turning a bit pink. ::blush Clearing his throat, he manages a strangled sound. "Stories or tasks, only, comrade." Studiously avoiding looking at either of the women, he glues his eyes to his cards.

Smiling sweetly, Marina shuffles through her own, studiously not looking up. Sliding forward in her chair a bit to rest her elbows on the table while she ponders her cards, she tries to steathily kick Takashi in the shin. ::rolleyes

Ignoring Takashi's comments Shaz looks around the table. Rechecking her cards briefly she says

"Well, then... The winner gets to ask any one of the losers - folds not included - for a personally experienced story involving some danger, not necessarily embarassing, and preferably suitable for children. How's that for a starting bet?"

Rhianna picks her cards up in a stack, spreads them enough to see just the upper left corner of each card, and quickly refolds them back into her hand.

The winner gets to ask any one of the losers - folds not included - for a personally experienced story involving some danger, not necessarily embarassing, and preferably suitable for children.
"You're bringing children on the mission? ::sarcasm ::tongue But seriously, who starts? Pair or better??"

while she's talking, the Lt. sets her cards face down on the table and types into her Mini-Comp.

Archived