Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Elites: Bodycount

knave

Basilisk [the screen reveals a lithe woman with grey reptilian skin firing a bright energy beam from her eyes. The camera shot pans after the continuous beam, to focus on where it blasts through a reinforced concrete building several hundred meters away]

Black Dagger [an aerial shot shows several baseline troops falling dead with slit throats - seemingly for no reason. When the whole group is dead, a male figure in military fatigues & a full-head grey hood with a sillhouette of a black, Arabic style, dagger over the face shimmers into visibility, dagger in each hand]

Decay [the footage of the DeVries Elite is a blur, then slows to a single captured image of the man - silver oval mask over his face featureless apart from the hourglass design etched into it, wearing a rather ragged duster & with a large SMG in either hand]

Djinn [some blurred footage of a sandstorm appears - but Jefferies explains that they haven't got any decent pictures of this Elite newcomer]

Eblis [a man made of fire swoops down towards a US tank in some Arabic country. Bullets from the tank crew pass right through him, but the bolt of fire he flings in return explodes violently - blowing the crew to little flaming chunks. Landing on the tank itself a sword of fire appears in his hands, with which he proceeds to slice the vehicle open]

Epoch [the DeVries number two killer's footage shows him in an all-black eufiber bodysuit, with matching long black cloak, & a featureless white mask over his face, hovering in the air. With a simple gesture another masked Elite - a heavily muscled & bare-chested guy - is lifted into the air. Moments later the guy convulses, then twists, as his body is crushed]

Gunslinger [the man on the screen looks like he should be in an old Clint Eastwood film - stetson, duster, spurs, & a kerchief over his face. He fast-draws a pair of antique-looking Colts, with which he perforates an Armoured Personnel Carrier]

Hannibal [jet black skin, long stark white hair, & all-white eyes make this guy unmistakable as he rises into the air, in the centre of a hurricane, lightning crackling around him]

Maelfius [some recognise the twisting, warped, space & strange bubbles of distortion that surround the rookie DeVries Elite]

Magda [a translucent golden glow surrounds this attractive Arabic woman, as similar fields of force are seen to surround & lift the vehicles & men of an entire military convoy]

One Man Army [at first glance the footage appears to show a squad of musclebound US Marine types - but closer inspection reveals that each bald bodybuilder has the same face, just different markings on their gear. Several of the 'squad' are firing BFGs...]

Swarm [a huge cloud of insects swirls together in a vortex, forming into the giant figure of a man - which proceeds to stomp on some military-looking buildings]

Tank [the large Mongolian is clad in a steel-grey eufiber bodysuit & hood, with equipment & weapon belts strung over his big frame. There's an explosion as an artillery shell bursts - with little effect - across his chest]

Wasp [the footage is the same as that for Swarm, but focuses in to a tiny blur by the big guy's head. Several digital filters are applied, & the blur becomes the figure of a tiny, insect-winged, black & yellow woman]

Zayid al-Shaali [a man with a massively muscled chest & arms, flaming halo, & wings of fire swoops over a battlefield, lobbing blasts of flame as he goes]

Against

Alloy,

Dark Matter,

Evil Twin,

Jetstream,

Jolt,

Lodestone,

The Major,

Mojo,

Samurai,

Shockwave,

Thor,

Thuderbolt,

Tötentanz,

Verse,

Zombie.

So far they're down Djinn, and we're down The Major.

Contacts have been between:

Samurai and Djinn

Alloy, Samurai, DMD, Lodestone, Verse and Djinn

Djinn taken prisoner

The Major and Black Dagger

The Major killed

DMD, Verse, Shockwave, Jetstream and Basilisk?

Thunderbolt and Magda

In my considered opinion - so far we're basically being 0wn3d by these guys.

1) We got their rookie - but that rookie created a distraction that lost us our best tactician. So they basically grabbed the initiative there. Not to mention that that rookie nearly killed at least one more of us.

2) 3 out in 1 hit from basilisk... and the fall may actually kill two of them.

3) Thunderbolt v Magda. Sorry mate, but isn't she supposed to be one of their top Novas? ::crazy Specializing in Force Fields no less!

I guess we just have to hope Totentanz helps us out a bit here and there... ::tongue

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Our Loses: The Major.

Their Loses: Djinn.

Samurai vs. Djinn

Alloy, Samurai, DMD, Lodestone, Verse, & Thor vs. Djinn

Djinn taken prisoner

The Major vs. Black Dagger

The Major killed

DMD, Verse, Shockwave, & Jetstream vs. Basilisk & OMArmy

Thunderbolt vs. Magda

Evil Twin & Mojo vs. Zayid al-Shaali

Update

Our Loses:

The Major.

DMD

Verse

Jetstream

Shockwave

Their Loses: Djinn.

Samurai vs. Djinn

Djinn taken prisoner

The Major killed

DMD, Verse, Shockwave & Jetstream... defeated and unmasked

Alloy, Samurai, DMD, Lodestone & Zombie vs. Basilisk & OMArmy

Thunderbolt vs. Magda, Tank, Eblis

Evil Twin & Mojo vs. Zayid al-Shaali, Wasp, Swarm

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Our Loses:

The Major.

DMD

Verse

Jetstream

Shockwave

Their Loses:

Djinn,

Basilisk

Samurai vs. Djinn

Djinn taken prisoner

The Major killed

Alloy, Samurai, Lodestone & Zombie vs. Basilisk & OMArmy

Basilisk unmasked

3 by OMA squished and vapourised

No Combat

Alloy, Lodestone & Zombie vs. Gunslinger & OMArmy

• 1 month later...

Update

Our Loses:

The Major R.I.P.

Evil Twin R.I.P.

Mojo R.I.P.

DMD

Verse

Jetstream

Shockwave

Their Loses:

Djinn

Basilisk

Samurai vs. Djinn

Djinn taken prisoner

The Major killed

Basilisk unmasked

No Combat

al-Shaali leaves

Evil Twin and Mojo killed

Alloy, Lodestone and Zombie retreat to protect unconscious DMD, Verse, Jetstream and Shockwave

• 3 months later...

Updates:

Alloy & Samurai defeated by Decay.

Alloy: Unmasked

Samurai: Unknown

Thor: Probably defeated by Hannibal & others, fate unknown.

Jolt: Perhaps defeated, fate unknown.

This leaves as known effectives still in the field;

Lodestone, Thunderbolt, Zombie, & Tötentanz

• 5 months later...

I may have to steal the name of this thread for the title of the post-war news report after all! ::wink

'Tonight on N!tv a Gaal and Najarian exclusive pay-per-view event:

Elites: Bodycount

The Battle for Chad

Followed at elven by live coverage of the all-night vigil being held at the Kamisama Buddhist shrine in Tokyo by fans of The Samurai, listed as Missing In Action since the war; and a studio interview with renowned temporal physicist Doctor Hu about the implications of Decay's powers and the possible fate of The Samurai...

... Over on N!tertainment we feature an examination of the fashions sported by the Elites of the conflict and ask the question: Lodestone - is purple the new black?'

Final Update

Our Loses:

The Major R.I.P.

Evil Twin R.I.P.

Mojo R.I.P.

Samurai M.I.A.

Jetstream

DMD

Verse

Shockwave

Jolt

Thor

Alloy

Their Loses:

Djinn

Basilisk

Three OMA Clone's R.I.P.

Samurai vs. Djinn

Djinn taken prisoner

The Major killed

Basilisk unmasked

No Combat

Zayid al-Shaali leaves

Evil Twin and Mojo killed

Alloy, Lodestone and Zombie retreat to protect unconscious DMD, Verse, Jetstream and Shockwave

Jolt vs. Unknown.

Jolt captured.

Thor vs. Hannibal & Perhaps others

Thor defeated.

Alloy & Samurai vs. Decay

Samurai removed from the timestream. Status MIA

Alloy unmasked

Thunderstrike vs. Hannibal

No Combat

Other Losses:

Jetstream's Eufiber.

Verse's Eufiber.

Basilisk's Eufiber.

Jolt not returned.

Maelfius quit DVNTS.

Just to make sure, I'd like to clarify something. Do the other Elites even know what happened to Samurai?

The only ones there were Alloy, Samurai and Decay. Alloy hasn't told any Elites about it, and unless pressed, he's not going to tell his handlers either; he assumes Decay told the DVNTS chain of command already.

I imagine DVNTS upper crust wouldn't want that kind of story getting around either, even in their own camp. Gossip is bad for business.

And, I didn't see anything in Prof's news posts about footage or stories indicating Alloy supposedly killing Samurai, which supports my assumption about DVNTS keeping it quiet.

I'm assuming that Alex knows that Alloy & Samuria went out, and Decay and Alloy came back with the latter unmasked. Further, Samuria is MIA.

From there Alex jumps to one or more of the following assumptions:

1) Alloy saw Decay kill or almost kill Samuria (perhaps Samuria leaped in front of a death beam, perhaps it was more outright, perhaps Alloy surendered and then Samuria refused and was put down).

2) Samuria might have gone AWOL rather than be defeated (he seemed to care more than was healthy about this).

3) Samuria might have raped Bask and might have fled rather than face sanctions and dishonor (I don't know whether or not Bask is/was a DVNTS member).

4) Alloy and Samuria go out, they get seperated, no one really knows.

5) After that we get into the really weird. Accident, interfearance by outside force (Teragen, something else), Taint overload, Warp gate appears and Samuria goes through, etc.

The most likely is some varient on #1, with Decay not wanting Samuria on his record for some reason, or perhaps the body was not recovered (he's zapped and goes over a cliff).

Archived