Eberron for d20

Heritage

Yes, I know that Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro is the 'evil empire' ::devil, but I just came back from GenCon where I got my first look at Eberron, the new campaign setting created by Keith Baker. It seems to incorperate elements of noir, pulp and fantastic technology in really cool ways; other fun things include non-fixed alignments for monsters (traditionally good monsters like silver dragons can now be evil, and the reverse is also true) a new interest in investigation, criminal secret socities and post-war diplomacy and intrigue.

Maybe I'm a huge dork, but flipping through this book (which I'll admit is way too expensive, but I'm still gonna buy one ::rolleyes) has got me excited about D&D in a way I didn't think was still possible.

Here's the link, so y'all can see it for yourselves - enjoy! (Or not, it's a mostly-free world ::tongue)

Y'know, even though I'm not much of a DnD fan... I still go and look at the pages once in a while for inspiration. When I first saw about eberron I was all ears... strange really... I dunno, maybe WotC is Pentex in disguise... ::crazy

I haven't really checked recently, but now you've brought it up, I'll go have a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've not read it cover to cover, but it does indeed look interesting.

Great production values, the art is top caliber, and the maps are also very well done, in the same style as the Forgotten Realms maps.

It has some specific rules to it to make it a bit more 'swashbuckling' than normal D&D, and the setting invokes images of high-tech Final Fantasy worlds (say, from 7 or 8) and Arcanum (great PC RPG).

I will probalby get a copy eventually, but not right now. Once it's supported by RPGA (either a living or regular campaign) I'll get it for sure, cause the Forgotten Realms RPGA campaign is getting a bit... predictable.

Archived