Aberrant: In Pax We Trust - IPWeT - Mechanics thread

ezekiel

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Nulli, just wanted to be sure. Still waiting on Tooho and CD to post.

I have a law degree but there're two legal systems in Canada. Quebec uses code law (Le code civil du Québec, an evolution of the napoleonic code) whereas the rest of Canada uses common law, kinda like in the US. So right now I'm just doing a 2nd law degree, in the Common law system instead of Civil law / droit civil.

Quebec still has some Common Law in its system though since federal laws (Criminal law for instance, which is Federal in Canada) are governed by Common Law / the Canadian system. I won't be jumping in unknown waters or anything, 'cept for Torts and Trusts which aren't taught in Quebec since we just refer to the Code. Other than that I'll just have cool courses for my specialization in Intellectual Property and information technology law like "Entertainment Law" and "Privacy, technology and governmental surveillance"..:)

Anyway, I'll be posting some time this week though only the diner and Joe Rock bits if I'm still waiting on the others.

I know you said less than a month ago that you didn't want any new players in the game, zeke, but I'm asking anyway. Have your sense of control or charitable feelings increased?

Just asking since my last chances at aberrant playing disappeared out the window when Heritage came to his senses and started focusing on real life...

I know you said less than a month ago that you didn't want any new players in the game, zeke, but I'm asking anyway. Have your sense of control or charitable feelings increased?

Just asking since my last chances at aberrant playing disappeared out the window when Heritage came to his senses and started focusing on real life...

Honestly right now I get the feeling I'm prodding a corpse with a cattle prod, trying to revive it. Gimme a couple of weeks to check how busy I'll be and what my connection situation'll be. If its as slow as it is now I may allow a couple of players to join..

Btw, could all players send me their Character sheets, I "think" I might have them somewhere but so far all I found is how I spent nova points, I lost my big game file.

I'm glad you did, cause I couldn't find mine anywhere. ::blush K, I should sorta be back in business. I only have internet access once a week, but I think I've worked out a deal between me and my cousin for access to her connection since I've no internet connection at home. Please excuse my untimely posts!

I'm glad you did, cause I couldn't find mine anywhere.  ::blush  K, I should sorta be back in business. I only have internet access once a week, but I think I've worked out a deal between me and my cousin for access to her connection since I've no internet connection at home. Please excuse my untimely posts!

No that's fine...to be quite honest this game will have to be a bit slower than others (or as slow as it is now? ::unsure ) I'm going to be handling a few cases this semester as well as entering a moot competition this month, perhaps even competing in a negotiation competition if I'm mad enough. ::wacko

In other words...don't worry, once a week will be more than enough, I just hope to be able to keep pace, especially if I take the time to post in Prof's games (which I hope to be able to post in enough to not hold up anything)

:jumping40: :jumping40: ::beer30 :jumping40: :jumping40:

• 2 weeks later...

K, I think its going to be fair to say that I won't be able to keep this one going (THAT'S a surprise! Says you.. ::wink )

Just as a reference, two days ago I slept about 3 hours 'cause I was working on my factum for my moot competition next week. This morning I worked on it 'til 5am and got up at 7am for class...In class I basically ignored the teacher and kept working on the paper (magic of laptops)...printed it at 11h30 and gave it in in time for the noon deadline.

Gotta translate it into French for tomorrow 'cause I was mad enough to enter in the French division as well (I already won though, I just learned that the opposition dropped out when they learned I was a graduate from Quebec...sucks winning by default though) Now its 2pm and I'm working on the translation with no help from my partner since he's in Court today, sigh..Can't even blame him!

Can't sleep since I've got to interview a client tonight at 19h30, being evaluated on my interviewing skills. Tonight I'm finishing the translation and thankfully I can sleep in 'til about 9am. Gotta give the thing to the administration so they courrier the factums to the judges at 11am(while I've won, I still need to plead the case. Real opposition is the bench during an appeal, not the opposing party.) Then I've got to read the opposing party's factum for my monday moot in English. 13h30 I've a meeting with a criminal lawyer to discuss one of my clients (real client), gotta plead guilty for him in court in two weeks, wife beater. After my meeting I'll probably discuss the moot case again with my partner and try to trap him in logical contests that opposing parties may use (and vice versa)

Got another client file I haven't opened yet, received it on Wednesday, too busy. Its thicker than my Black's Law Dictionary! No synopsis by the previous case worker and at first glance the file seems to be in a total state of chaos! All I know is that its a civil case and their seem to be a gazillion small claims demands in it..Too scared to open it yet...gotta hurry though, I think I've got a court date at the end of October for that one...

Next week its gonna be the actual pleadings in front of judges. Hoping to do well though my International Commercial Litigation prof from 3years ago is insisting I enter a national competition that'll be held in February or March saying he knows I'm a good pleader and my being a French native speaker (as well as English) may give our team the edge we need to take the cup this year... ::thumbup1

SOoooo I've gotta clear something with administration since the national moot competition also happens to be a 4 credit january course and I'm already taking a january course that I really want to take (Privacy, technology and Govt. surveillance). Its also a necessary course for my area of concentration (Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law)

That means that next week I've gotta see the director of my concentration and discuss options (through brainstorming with my litigation prof I think I may audit the course, do the moot and write a paper in the spring on privacy law since I have another privacy law course this coming spring)as well as pleading for the moots (French and English) meeting clients, drafting letters for my clients, etc

Notice I haven't said anything about my classes this term? Well I gotta do my readings on those as well...and got 2 or 3 papers to write eventually. ::brick

So there ya have it, a typical week in the life of me! I'm hoping it'll calm down a bit in a couple of weeks, a month of weeks like this one'll kill me... ::brick ::nuclear

SO there ya have it, my attempt to defib the game has failed...thank shiva that Prof is back! Speaking of which I'll drop my candidature from the nippontai game, there's no way I can play in all games...I'll try to keep posting regularly, as you can see my week hasn't prevented me from posting in QZ.. ::raspberry ::wink

Take care Zeke, and try to have fun sometime. ::biggrin

Thanks! I actually like what I do though so I am having fun even if its a f8ckload of work...:) Couldn't be happier here, faculty's real work hard, play harder..(I did mention the jello wrestling a couple weeks ago, right? ::biggrin )

• 1 year later...

Players of IPWeT unite!

Now that I've just finished my thesis I actually have 'some' time off when I come back from work. I'm gonna wait a couple weeks to be sure that I have time but can I have a role call of interest and availability from players? I'm not sure yet if I'll be accepting new players but let me know if you're interested.

One more thing, Heritage has offered to help me keep this one alive. The theory is that two dysfuntional storytellers may be able to keep one story alive... ::wink

so so far we have

1. Mona Floss (Heritage)

K so that's

1. Mona Floss (Heritage)

2. Old Man Steven (PoB)

3. Joe MacArilla Rock (Alex)

4. Lynn 'n Pieces (Tooho)

Just missing Archer's metallic voiced genius and the Bugman™ ConcreteDragon

Phil, if we don't get one or more of these fine men back in the game, will you still feel comfortable running? Can we work around them somehow, at least temporarily?

and I was having my labour day long weekend...:)

Seems like we may be good to go. Bad news though, my email archive was corrupted during the transfer to new computer a year ago, that means that until further notice I don't have the character sheets. You'd think that'd be bad since you don't know the powers you have (necessarily) but I actually remember those. It's the basics behind that I need. If you can PM me your baseline sheets that'd be great and we'll be good to go, hopefully within a couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I thought I wrote here yesterday...

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that I won't be able to resurrect this game after all. I'm now the prime for a hearing in November before the CRTC (Canadian FCC) and am currently reading other party submissions and will be summarizing, strategizing and coordinating our panel preparations + response.

I'd like to say that I have hopes of resuming it later but I know that we're expecting 5 or 6 major decisions in February which will need our interpreting + either objecting or implementing them in a relatively short period of time. I just can't take the time to relearn who's who in the IPWeT era (not the same time as the Prof games or traditional Abbie). Even if I did, I don't think that I can take the time to consistently make quality posts (as opposed to two liners) and I don't want to leave Heritage with all the work.

I'll admit that I'm also a bit worried of killing the 'charm' of the Goldman brothers... ::wink

I'm sorry to get your hopes up, I wanted to let you know without just disappearing. If someone would like to step up to the plate and continue the game, let me know. I can perhaps send the PCs your way though you'd probably need to read the Project Utopia and Elites books to figure the timeline stuff...

I feel a great disturbance in the Forums, as if millions of NPCs suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. ::sad

Damn, I'm sorry to hear this, and sadly, I'm not the guy to run another Aberrant game. If I run another online game, it's going to be Ars Magica 5th edition or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, since I can't handle the headaches of Abbie anymore; sure, I'll play it until the cows come home, but I've come to the conclusion that my personal style of GMing really doesn't fit with the system.

Do we have any other takers, or do we put this one to bed?

Archived