Aberrant: In Pax We Trust - In Pax We Trust

ezekiel

AAaaaaaaaauuuuuuggggghh!

Slag quickly stands up...in the middle of the road a man was on his knees, screaming at the sky in despair...

The man kneeling in the street screaming is dressed in green surgical scrubs, and his short brown hair is messy, sticking out at strange angles, as if he'd only just gotten out of bed. In his late twenties, he'd be rather handsome were it not for his current state. His eyes are red and puffy from crying, and tears glisten on his cheeks. As he finishes screaming, he slumps down, his shoulders shaking with emotions running out of control, fresh tears running down his face and dripping onto the asphalt.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F

rank still couldn't get over the way he felt. Oil pumped through his gears, fire in his belly, fueled by petrol...he could even lift individual wheels with but a thought thanks to the electronic suspension. As Frank thought of those inside him suddenly he could see them, his view being from above the windshield on the inside, looking in. The weirdest thing was that he was seeing this as he was seeing forward at the same time...Their lips moved but no sound came...Delois seemed scared...Sten put a hand on her shoulders as he leaned forward, talking to the driver. Suddenly he looks around...and Frank hears...

"Looks like we're slowing down..."

Something catches Sten's eye, he turns and looks directly at 'Frank'

"Wait a minute...there's a small camera lens sticking out here...that wasn't there before..."

Reveling in the new sensations and abilties he's experiencing, it takes him a second or two to adjust to the dual viewpoints.

As a reflex, 'Frank' tries to wave at Sten, indicating he can see him. Unsure of the results, he tries to talk, wanting to let them know he just wants to stop for some food. "You guys hungry? Cuz' I'm starved all of a sudden, and there's a donut place right over there." As he's trying to speak, he idly steers towards the parking lot, being careful not to bump any other vehicles.

Falling to pieces

Defeated, Lynn just closes her eyes only to pop them open when she hears the scream. Quieting, she looks to the crying man but fearing she'll fall apart if she moves, she'll just watch from afar. ::wacko

"Was he here before?" She mutters softly as she watches him despair. ::lookaround

Looking up to Slag as well as she can she'll glare at him. "Why are you standing here when the poor man obviously needs some help! Go! I can fall apart all on my own. Stick me in a darned ambulance or something after you find out what tortures the man so." ::angry

Sniffling she blinks her eyes some. "Anyone ever thought about cleaning these streets? They smell horrible." Wrinkling her nose, she sighs and starts eyeing her body.

"You could atleast try to put me back on.. What am I saying? Definitely a whole new experience. I can do this.. stop whining. Pull yourself together Lynn. Literally."

Rolling her eyes, she looks to Tink. "Do you think you could help me reattach my head, Tink? I don't feel like taking a part as Marie Antoinette today. I want my body back in ONE piece." ::confused

"One more.. just one more calamity today.. and I'm going postal." ::crazy

Movie Making

"Ok, then let us get this started  please, just do not ask me to 'break a leg' again. "and the two of them head to the set.

Ron slaps the "Hero"'s shoulder

"'Course not Schenk! Not since that last..uh..last time..."

The duo walk out of the trailer and into a big warehouse. A big jimmy jib crane is holding up a camera (Wow! This IS bigger budget!) overlooking a big three walled blue room (actually green). A few people walk to and thro, generally looking busy. A few attractive women walk by Schenk in tight miniskirts and tanktops written B.I.M.B.O on them. In a corner is a mock stone sign written Buzz Institute for Moral Betterment and Observation on it.

"Yeah, I forgot to tell you, you're Principal Thorn this time! This time you get to where a suit! I'm telling you Schenk, this time we're making you respectable!"

A cute woman with small round rimmed glasses and a pen holding up her auburn hair and a clipboard in her hands walks up to Schenk and Goldman

"Bonjour! My name is Eeza..Robert is taking a call at ze moment. Would you like a cup of cuffee?"

Meet Joe Rock

With a glance to see that Sanchez stays put, Joe walks over to what is left of his clothes and rummages through to find his gun, wallet, and cell phone. Hopefully he could use a pen or something to press the phone keys.

Joe indeed finds a pen and dials Alice's phone number

"Hello?"

Exorcising a car

Reveling in the new sensations and abilties he's experiencing, it takes him a second or two to adjust to the dual viewpoints.

As a reflex, 'Frank' tries to wave at Sten, indicating he can see him. Unsure of the results, he tries to talk, wanting to let them know he just wants to stop for some food. "You guys hungry? Cuz' I'm starved all of a sudden, and there's a donut place right over there." As he's trying to speak, he idly steers towards the parking lot, being careful not to bump any other vehicles.

As Frank "waves" the van shakes left and right upon itself. The passengers grip their seats and sound blares out of the radio speakers

"You guys hungry? Cuz' I'm starved all of a sudden, and there's a donut place right over there."

The grating metallic voice surprises the passengers but they seem to relax as the van slows down. Sten talks while looking at the radio.

"I don't mean to pry kid, but where exactly do you want us to put the doughnut? In your exhaust pipe? It might be best if we kept on going...for everyone's safety."

The accident

The man kneeling in the street screaming is dressed in green surgical scrubs, and his short brown hair is messy, sticking out at strange angles, as if he'd only just gotten out of bed. In his late twenties, he'd be rather handsome were it not for his current state. His eyes are red and puffy from crying, and tears glisten on his cheeks. As he finishes screaming, he slumps down, his shoulders shaking with emotions running out of control, fresh tears running down his face and dripping onto the asphalt.
"Was he here before?" She mutters softly as she watches him despair. 

Looking up to Slag as well as she can she'll glare at him. "Why are you standing here when the poor man obviously needs some help! Go! I can fall apart all on my own. Stick me in a darned ambulance or something after you find out what tortures the man so."

Slag mutters to himself as he looks at the screaming man. Glancing to Lynn at his feet he nods and runs over to the doctor.

"What is it? Are you hurt? Can you hear me?"

He lays his arms over his shoulders and tries to calm him.

Rolling her eyes, she looks to Tink. "Do you think you could help me reattach my head, Tink? I don't feel like taking a part as Marie Antoinette today. I want my body back in ONE piece." 

"One more.. just one more calamity today.. and I'm going postal." 

"Of course madam!"

Tink Nods, grabs Lynn by her cheeks and walks up to the body

"Would you mind kneeling down? Thank you! There, I'll just hop on your shoulders and...ah..."

Lynn's body kneel down and Tink climbs onto its shoulders while holding on to Lynn's head. As Lynn gets up Tink is sitting on her shoulders holding her head in place. He tries to screw her head in, then just bops her on the head hoping it'll stick in. With a sigh he just holds her in place

"Just tell me if you wish to nod or look somewhere..."

Meet Joe Rock

Joe indeed finds a pen and dials Alice's phone number
As he dials and talks Joe drags what is left of his pockets closer to the prisoner. He glances at the crowd wondering if the press would be showing up before his backup.
"Hello?"
Joe mentally rehearses what he is going to say, ::nervous

*"Hi honey, I hope you're pregnant from last night because I've turned to stone and lost my thing. ::wacko But hey, it's not all bad news, I can control cockroaches now. ::crazy " ... No, bad idea. Maybe a more gradual approach would be better...*

Joe says,

"Hi honey, it's Joe. If you turn on the local news I think I'll be on it soon. I'm pretty sure I've erupted. *Now there is an understatement.* ::shocked

Slag mutters to himself as he looks at the screaming man. Glancing to Lynn at his feet he nods and runs over to the doctor.

"What is it? Are you hurt? Can you hear me?"

The Doc, stuck so deep in his own private hell that he doesn't believe anyone could be talking to him, doesn't answer at first.

He lays his arms over his shoulders and tries to calm him.

The Doc flinches violently at the unexpected contact. His head snaps up and he looks directly at Slag, his piercing blue eyes burning with emotional pain so profound it's almost physical, "You... You can see me!? Wha-- My son! You have to help! They have my son! You have to help me find him, rescue him!"

The accident

"Thank you, Tink. Let's see... Hmm. What to do.. what to do." Determinedly (assuming her body moves ::wink) *Ah to hell with it* Walking over quickly, Lynn stands behind Slag keeping him between her and the distraught man. Whispering, "Is there anything I can do to help? If not I think I'll just go home." ::confused

Movie Making

In a corner is a mock stone sign written:

Buzz Institute for Moral Betterment and Observation

"Yeah, I forgot to tell you, you're Principal Thorn this time!

Whaaa???

"Ron......."Schenk shakes his head and smiles.

"Who is going to play Ilsa, the Shower monitor, since Sum-jung Ho had that operation?"

A cute woman with small round rimmed glasses and a pen holding up her auburn hair and a clipboard in her hands walks up to Schenk and Goldman

"Bonjour! My name is Eeza..Robert is taking a call at ze moment. Would you like a cup of cuffee?"

Christian shakes her hand. "Sure, I would love some ::biggrin "

After she leaves, "Ron, where do I know her from, and why is she here?"

NYC:

Josh asks Barb' to check the local gang unit's database on these jokers - as well as any info' on local gang activities (e.g. anything drugs-related, since that is the usual cause for 'turf' disputes, as well as the area's recent history of gang-related violence - any locations or suspected locations of drug dens or other hang-outs would be a bonus).

The grating metallic voice surprises the passengers but they seem to relax as the van slows down. Sten talks while looking at the radio.

"I don't mean to pry kid, but where exactly do you want us to put the doughnut? In your exhaust pipe? It might be best if we kept on going...for everyone's safety."

"Uhh...good point. Sorry." A trace of sheepishness enters the metallic voice. "Not really used to this yet. I'm not really sure I've any idea how to stop what I'm doing, so if you can give me directions, I'll go where you need me to."

Meet Joe Rock

"Hi honey, it's Joe. If you turn on the local news I think I'll be on it soon. I'm pretty sure I've erupted. "

Alice answers nonchalantly, as if she was doing something else at the same time, which she probably is.

"That's nice dear..btw, don't wait up tonight. I think I'll be working late."

Accident

The Doc flinches violently at the unexpected contact. His head snaps up and he looks directly at Slag, his piercing blue eyes burning with emotional pain so profound it's almost physical, "You... You can see me!? Wha-- My son! You have to help! They have my son! You have to help me find him, rescue him!"

"Don't worry, I'm here, Team Tomorrow is here to help...calm down...just tell me what happened?"

Confidence suffuses the doctor and eases somewhat his pain...

"Thank you, Tink. Let's see... Hmm. What to do.. what to do." Determinedly (assuming her body moves ) *Ah to hell with it* Walking over quickly, Lynn stands behind Slag keeping him between her and the distraught man.

At first Lynn walks a bit to the left causing Tink to exhale sharply

"Oh!"

and he turns her head to point straight forward allowing her to get her bearings and walk determinedly up to Slag.

Whispering, "Is there anything I can do to help? If not I think I'll just go home." 

Slag turns around and looks at her, head wobbling in Tink's arms and raises an eyebrow...

"You 'must' be joking...just wait a second, transport's on the way..ahh, there she is!"

Slag looks up at a speeding blur that lands behind Lynn.

"Hi Slag..."

Tink does a 180 and Lynn's head is suddenly positioned backwards. Before (behind?) her stands a stunning, dark skinned woman with raven black hair. A small red Bindi jewel enhances her forehead and a string of pearls rests gently around her perfect neck. Wearing a beautiful black leather jacket and red ochre dress underneath, it seems Pratima has been caught off the job. Her eyes widen at the sight of Lynn.

"Oh! You must be why Slag called me in...uhh...are you okay?"

Slag looks back to the doctor on the ground

"Don't worry, we're going to do everything we can for your son. Pratima here is going to take you to headquarters. You can then tell us everything you know."

He helps Derek up to his feet and addresses Lynn

"Your arm is already on its way to our laboratories, hopefully we can find a better solution than that."

He indicates Tink with a nod as the creature quaffs

"Hey!"

Pratima laughs despite herself

"I don't mean to be rude, but you definitely win the prize for the weirdest eruption I've ever heard of...I'll try to make this as comfortable as possible for both of you." ::biggrin

A gentle warm breeze picks up around the two doctors and picks up speed. The wind gains power and soon both rise in the air. Both are terrified at this most unnatural means of flight but soon relish in the comfort of it all as the warm wind pushes them over a few blocks of the towards the T2M HeadQuarters in central Manhattan. The couple gently land on top of a building...

"Is everyone okay?"

Pratima steps up to the two...

Movie Making

After she leaves, "Ron, where do I know her from, and why is she here?"

Ron shrugs and, not one to mince words, replies

"She's Robert's wife...Don't fvck her."

"Hello, again, Robert.  looks like we have another movie to make. So how do you want me to start, with the 'super suit' on or off?"

A thin man in his forties with a black beret and a stuble raises his arms.

"Vat, yeur not in yeur custume yet?"

He then looks at everyone in the studio and screams out loud

"Vat is it I pay you feur anyway? Is it too hard to ask you to keep ze leads infeurmed? Today we're shooting Buzz on Planet Bug 'R'. Middle of ze movie, when he arrives on it using ze Insect-o-Portal..."

Gangland

Barb answers after a few seconds

Josh asks Barb' to check the local gang unit's database on these jokers - as well as any info' on local gang activities (e.g. anything drugs-related, since that is the usual cause for 'turf' disputes, as well as the area's recent history of gang-related violence - any locations or suspected locations of drug dens or other hang-outs would be a bonus).

"Well, apparently there're over 300 street gangs in New York but the major...someone's just put a call to the cops by the way...the major ones are the Latin Kings, the Crips and the Bloods. The latter ones actually moved over from LA recently. Its hard to tell whether these are actual members or wannabes. If you gave me their names that might help..."

Be the car...

"Uhh...good point. Sorry." A trace of sheepishness enters the metallic voice. "Not really used to this yet. I'm not really sure I've any idea how to stop what I'm doing, so if you can give me directions, I'll go where you need me to."

Delois answers this time

"Ideally we're going to New York to PU headquarters...gonna be a long ride though."

Frustrated at the prospect of following the roads in his new form for hours on end the van suddenly darts forward. A rumbling is heard as he realises that a jet engine is now spouting fire behind the truck. With gasps from the occupants inside the height of the van suddenly shrinks with a grinding, creaking, metallic noise. The van then widens and wings sprout from the side. It isn't long before Frank/the vehicle takes to the air with a roar! ::nervous

Truth or consequences...New Mexico

Moe sighed stepped up to beautiful woman collapsed on her dressing table and lifted her back to her seat by her shoulder.

"You don't need this shlt..."

Moe shoves away some bottles and pills lying haphazardly on the table

"Yer up in ten minutes, can you at least try to look like you give a damn.? Gotta talent scout in the crowd who was asking about you 'Mona'."

Moe picks up a guitar and puts it on the woman's lap.

"C'mon, I don't pay you to be a crackhead."

He slaps her gently across the face and tries to get a response...

NYC:

"Well, apparently there're over 300 street gangs in New York but the major...someone's just put a call to the cops by the way...the major ones are the Latin Kings, the Crips and the Bloods. The latter ones actually moved over from LA recently. Its hard to tell whether these are actual members or wannabes. If you gave me their names that might help..."

Josh checks the gangstas' wallets for ID - giving Barb' the names if he finds any, then leaves before the police arrive. He heads back to his car, takes off the 'suit', & returns to his 'disguised' identity, patroling the area unless he gets any useful information from Barb'.

Her eyes widen at the sight of Lynn.

"Oh! You must be why Slag called me in...uhh...are you okay?"

"Hunkey dory, thanks. I can't seem to help 'falling apart.'" ::rolleyes

He helps Derek up to his feet and addresses Lynn

"Your arm is already on its way to our laboratories, hopefully we can find a better solution than that."

He indicates Tink with a nod as the creature quaffs

"Hey!"

"It was a perfectly fine solution.. what else was I to do? I'd appreciate the help though."

The couple gently land on top of a building...

"Is everyone okay?"

Smiling dreamily, Lynn slowly opens her eyes. "And I'm thinking you have the coolest powers I've ever seen. ::lookaround We should hurry. This man's having a family crisis. Tink and I will be fine. Just point us to the rest of my body parts." Looking to the grieving doctor, she rubs her heart unconciously. "If there is anything I can do to help.. Just.. let me know." ::confused

Meet Joe Rock

"...If you turn on the local news I think I'll be on it soon. I'm pretty sure I've erupted. "
Alice answers nonchalantly, as if she was doing something else at the same time, which she probably is.

"That's nice dear..btw, don't wait up tonight. I think I'll be working late."

Joe smiles and replies, ::bigsmile

"I'm pretty sure I'm a nova because I weight a couple of tons and I'm made of stone" *I'll skip the part about the cockroaches* ::confused . "I suspect I'm off for the hospital real soon now."

If Joe spots a news van he'll tell Alice to turn to that channel.

Truth or consequences...New Mexico

Moe sighed stepped up to beautiful woman collapsed on her dressing table and lifted her back to her seat by her shoulder.

"You don't need this shlt..."

Moe shoves away some bottles and pills lying haphazardly on the table

"Yer up in ten minutes, can you at least try to look like you give a damn.? Gotta talent scout in the crowd who was asking about you 'Mona'."

Moe picks up a guitar and puts it on the woman's lap.

The barely-conscious woman wraps her arms around the battered acoustic, barely raising her head off the table.

"C'mon, I don't pay you to be a crackhead."

He slaps her gently across the face and tries to get a response...

And he gets one! With frightening speed, she's instantly alert, her hand shooting out to grasp Moe by the throat. Mona glares at him with murderous intent, blood-shot eyes otherwise marring her lovely face.

Don't you EVER touch me again! ::crazy

But just as quickly the rage is gone, her eyes go a little unfocused, and she blinks.

Right...sorry...let me just...get my set list...

Mona lowers Moe down to the floor just as his face starts to go purple, and starts rummaging around on the dressing table; at length, she finally finds a crumpled sheet of notebook paper and idly stuffs it into the back pocket of her jeans. She checks herself in the mirror - long tangled brown hair sticks out from under her black Stetson, her signature denim jacket dotted with pinhole burns. She smiles at her reflection, and the result is ghastly.

Awright, honey chile - time to rock and roll ::devil

Mona pats Moe on the back as he slouches in the corner, still gasping for breath. She manages to fumble her way out of the dressing room and onto the stage, almost tripping over some power chords as she goes. She winces up at the wobbly spotlight as an oily voice burbles over the PA.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Hangman's Daughter is proud to present our own beautiful song bird, Miss Mona Floss!

There is a smattering of half-hearted applause from around the darkened room; Mona can just make out a shadowy figure sitting at one of the back tables underneath the 'Exit' sign as she parks herself on the stool and checks the mike stand, leading to a few squawks from the amps.

Howdy.

She plugs in her acoustic and checks the tuning.

Boy, ah can't tell you how thrilled ah am to still be playin' here at the Hangman - it's like a second home for me now ::sly

Mona points to the figure at the back table.

How you doin' back there? Ah can buy you a drink if you need one - just tell Moe to put it on my tab ::wink

At last she picks up her guitar and strums it.

This is a song ah didn't write, but ah wish ah did.

She starts to sing, and it's horrible, and it's beautiful, and it's just plain raw.

I need you to pin me down

Just for one frozen moment.

I need someone to pin me down

So I can live in torment.

I need you to really feel

The twist of my back breaking

I need someone to listen

To the ecstasy I’m faking.

I need you you you

I need you to catch each breath

That issues from my lips

I need someone to crack my skull

I need someone to kiss.

So hold me now

And make pretend

That I won’t ever fall

Oh hold me down

I’m gonna be your baby doll

I need you you you...

Is it you I really need?

I do I do I do

I really do

I need you...

She trails off at the end, seemingly lost in the moment.

::whatsthat "She's Robert's wife...Don't fvck her."
Schenk frowns-"OK, but I am sure I know her from somewhere ::sneaky2 "

OCC

NYC - Movie making

In his trailer, as he put on his costume, Schenk reread the review of the original movie:

"Vat, yeur not in yeur custume yet?"

He then looks at everyone in the studio and screams out loud

"Vat is it I pay you feur anyway? Is it too hard to ask you to keep ze leads infeurmed? 

"Calm down, Robert. I have most of the suit on underneath the jacket, but the mask, gauntlets, and Stilt boots are so uncomfotable to wear that I left them outside the door with your Assistant. Do not worry, Ron and I are looking out for you ::bigsmile "
Today we're shooting Buzz on Planet Bug 'R'. Middle of ze movie, when he arrives on it using ze Insect-o-Portal..."

"OoooooooooooooK" Christian thinks, "now I have to guess the pre-story, too. This is enough to give me another Beshissenen headache..."::getsome

To hold off the head banging, Schenk decides to take charge of the situation."So, Robert, what has been happening at the School, and to the BIMBO's? How many of the girls are missing? And why am I going to Planet Bug 'R'? (Do you know what that means? I do not think it means what you think it means.)---Just so I can get into Character, you understand ::sarcasm

...By the way, who is going to play Ilsa, the Shower Monitor, now that Som-Jung Ho has had her/his Anatomical alteration operation? "

Delois answers this time

"Ideally we're going to New York to PU headquarters...gonna be a long ride though."

Frustrated at the prospect of following the roads in his new form for hours on end the van suddenly darts forward. A rumbling is heard as he realises that a jet engine is now spouting fire behind the truck. With gasps from the occupants inside the height of the van suddenly shrinks with a grinding, creaking, metallic noise. The van then widens and wings sprout from the side. It isn't long before Frank/the vehicle takes to the air with a roar!

"WOOOOOOOHAAAAA!!!!" The ear splitting yell from the speakers has most of the occupants clutching their heads before Frank realizes how loud that was. At a more tolerable level, the metallic voice continues. "Sorry everyone. Had a little "robots in disguise" moment there." The sound system of the van plays a small giggle.

"So, uhhhh, Dr. Sten? I imagine we'll be there sooner than you originally estimated. Where exactly in the city is the Utopia headquarters? Don't worry about directions, I grew up out there. Just the cross streets will be fine. Oh, and for everyone else...I am really really sorry if I'm scaring the crap out of you, that's not my intention at all." Eerie as it may be to listen to a vehicle speaking to them, the voice does seem sincerely apologetic.

"Don't worry, I'm here, Team Tomorrow is here to help...calm down...just tell me what happened?"

Confidence suffuses the doctor and eases somewhat his pain...

The Doc looks up at Slag, and seems as if he's about to say something, a number of conflicting emotions crossing his face in the space of a few moments. Slowly he stands up, and looks around, his eyes going wide at the sight of Lynn and Tink.

Slag looks back to the doctor on the ground

"Don't worry, we're going to do everything we can for your son. Pratima here is going to take you to headquarters. You can then tell us everything you know."

Shaking his head the quickly recovering doctor says, "Wait, you don't understand. I can't go with you. I have to find my son. You'd be just as bad as the cops, you'll get him killed!"

With that he starts to walk off...

A gentle warm breeze picks up around the two doctors and picks up speed. The wind gains power and soon both rise in the air. Both are terrified at this most unnatural means of flight but soon relish in the comfort of it all as the warm wind pushes them over a few blocks of the towards the T2M HeadQuarters in central Manhattan. The couple gently land on top of a building...

"Is everyone okay?"

Pratima steps up to the two...

The Doc swears under his breath, then fixes Pratima with an angry glare, "No, g*ddamnit, I'm not okay! I need to get back to my RV, and I need to find my son, and I can't either from this rooftop! My even being here could be putting my son in danger. Also, they're thousands of dollars of valuable medical equipment in my RV. It's in danger just sitting there in the street. Tak me back! Let me go and take care of my life! I'll come see you folks when I'm through, but I really do need to go back, right now. "

Patrolling gangland:

Josh checks the gangstas' wallets for ID - giving Barb' the names if he finds any, then leaves before the police arrive. He heads back to his car, takes off the 'suit', & returns to his 'disguised' identity, patroling the area unless he gets any useful information from Barb'.

As Josh steps into his battered car the woman's voice comes over his comm

"Okay, I got something on Bat-boy Tyrone. Tyrone Banks, 20, has served two six month terms for, surprise surprise, assault and battery. Doesn't mention anything on gang activities but he could've taken it up in the slammer. Either that or he's a wannabe. I don't have anything on the others."

She keeps typing as Josh starts patrolling

"Woah...what is it that you want exactly? I've got hangouts, I've got modus operandi, I've got numbers...Supposedly there're around eight to nine hundred Bloods in New York alone. They're apparently behind a lot of random slashings going on in the city. Initiation rite, they slash someone's face with box cutters...cute...You don't intend to just crash one of their places do you? I mean...uh...they sound dangerous, very dangerous. " ::lookaround

Meet Joe Rock

Joe smiles and replies, 

"I'm pretty sure I'm a nova because I weight a couple of tons and I'm made of stone" *I'll skip the part about the cockroaches*  . "I suspect I'm off for the hospital real soon now."

Indeed a Channel 12 Van seems to be setting up and a cameraman runs behind a cute brown haired woman in black dress and high heels.

"What?! You've gotta be shitting me! Ha!" ::laugh

Joe can hear Alice running around at the office then she gasps...

"Oh...my...god...Nono, wave at me!" ::nervous

Truth or consequences, New Mexico..at The Hangman's Daughter

She starts to sing, and it's horrible, and it's beautiful, and it's just plain raw.

I need you to pin me down

Just for one frozen moment.

I need someone to pin me down

So I can live in torment.

I need you to really feel

The twist of my back breaking

I need someone to listen

To the ecstasy I’m faking.

I need you you you

I need you to catch each breath

That issues from my lips

I need someone to crack my skull

I need someone to kiss.

So hold me now

And make pretend

That I won’t ever fall

Oh hold me down

I’m gonna be your baby doll

I need you you you...

Is it you I really need?

I do I do I do

I really do

I need you...

She trails off at the end, seemingly lost in the moment.

There's some polite applause at the end of the performance. Not much better than how she was greeted. As she kicks into her second song most of the audience has gone into conversation and simply ignores her. Only the lone figure in the back still listens...

After a few songs the lights turn up a bit and the club's stereo starts loudly churning out Johnny Cash classics...Moe walks up to the stage still rubbing his neck and with a angry, terrified glare he addresses her

"You...you're crazy! You're fired! Don't you bother coming back tomorrow!"

Movie Making

"Calm down, Robert. I have most of the suit on underneath the jacket, but the mask, gauntlets, and Stilt boots are so uncomfotable to wear that I left them outside the door with your Assistant. Do not worry, Ron and I are looking out for you  "

Roh-bear smiles an impish grin

"Ah, good, good! Here, stand here in front of ze green screen..."

To hold off the head banging, Schenk decides to take charge of the situation."So, Robert, what has been happening at the School, and to the BIMBO's? How many of the girls are missing? And why am I going to Planet Bug 'R'? (Do you know what that means? I do not think it means what you think it means.)---Just so I can get into Character, you understand 

...By the way, who is going to play Ilsa, the Shower Monitor, now that Som-Jung Ho has had her/his Anatomical alteration operation? "

"Ah, let's see, Natasha scene 1 in ze showeur. Diane at ze library. Bobbie in ze alleyway. Cynthia in ze parking lut....so five...Nancy's characteur has been kidnapped and taken to zis weurld. Bug "Eur", where you will face off ze queen bug...Oh, don't worry about Ilsa, we'll just use stock footage and make her die with Natasha..."

Inside the flying car..

So, uhhhh, Dr. Sten? I imagine we'll be there sooner than you originally estimated. Where exactly in the city is the Utopia headquarters? Don't worry about directions, I grew up out there. Just the cross streets will be fine. Oh, and for everyone else...I am really really sorry if I'm scaring the crap out of you, that's not my intention at all." Eerie as it may be to listen to a vehicle speaking to them, the voice does seem sincerely apologetic.

"Uh...no...not at all...uh..just concentrate on flying. It's near the UN building on Manhattan Island"

Everyone inside seems to be keeping eerily quiet...Frank imagines that its as to not jinx whatever it is that's keeping them in the air with a newly erupted doing the flying and all... ::lookaround

On top of the PU building

Smiling dreamily, Lynn slowly opens her eyes. "And I'm thinking you have the coolest powers I've ever seen.  We should hurry. This man's having a family crisis. Tink and I will be fine. Just point us to the rest of my body parts."

Pratima smiles at Lynn but is erupted by the other doctor

The Doc swears under his breath, then fixes Pratima with an angry glare, "No, g*ddamnit, I'm not okay! I need to get back to my RV, and I need to find my son, and I can't either from this rooftop! My even being here could be putting my son in danger. Also, they're thousands of dollars of valuable medical equipment in my RV. It's in danger just sitting there in the street. Tak me back! Let me go and take care of my life! I'll come see you folks when I'm through, but I really do need to go back, right now. "

Pratima steps up to Derek and grabs him firmly by the shoulders, her strength is impressive for her size though she doesn't hurt him.

"Look at me...look at me! You've erupted down there, you're a nova now, I know. I don't know what you can do and I'm pretty sure you don't know either. You could be a danger to yourself and to others. "

Pratima nods in Lynn's direction

"I'm not sure what happened but whatever you did, it probably would've killed her if she hadn't erupted. Slag is still at the crash site, taking care of everything. None of your stuff will be stolen..."

Pratima releases Derek and simply looks him in the eye

"Look, we'll do all we can for you, just follow me downstairs, tell us what's wrong. What happened to your son? What happened to you? We can help!"

I'm cold...dad? Mom? Can you hear me?

On top of the PU building

Lynn remains quiet as Pratima tries to reason with the doc.

"Maybe they can help you... if you just give them a chance." ::confused

Looking out over the city, she gives him time to respond before she continues.

"How else will you find him? You will get him back safe and sound, but I don't think you can do it all alone. Will you take a risk with his life, for your pride? Please, they have more resources.. why not utilize them to find your son more expediently?"

Meet Joe Rock

Joe smiles and replies, 

"I'm pretty sure I'm a nova because I weight a couple of tons and I'm made of stone"  *I'll skip the part about the cockroaches*.  "I suspect I'm off for the hospital real soon now."

Indeed a Channel 12 Van seems to be setting up and a cameraman runs behind a cute brown haired woman in black dress and high heels.

"What?! You've gotta be shitting me! Ha!"  ::laugh

Joe can hear Alice running around at the office then  she gasps...

"Oh...my...god...Nono, wave at me!"  ::nervous

Joe waves while keeping Sanchez in view.

*So much for going a little at a time.*

"I was chasing this guy..." Joe gestures to Sanchez with his foot

"...and, well, it just sort of happened. I guess, I always did want to be taller. ::unsure I think" *I hope* "there is an off switch." ::lookaround

Pratima steps up to Derek and grabs him firmly by the shoulders, her strength is impressive for her size though she doesn't hurt him.

"Look at me...look at me! You've erupted down there, you're a nova now, I know. I don't know what you can do and I'm pretty sure you don't know either. You could be a danger to yourself and to others. "

The Doc flinches at the grab, startled at first by Pratima's sudden intensity. Then as the shock wears off, he raises an eyebrow as she speaks, shock turning to anger, but colored by other, more subtle and obviously much deeper emotions.

Pratima nods in Lynn's direction

"I'm not sure what happened but whatever you did, it probably would've killed her if she hadn't erupted. Slag is still at the crash site, taking care of everything. None of your stuff will be stolen..."

The Doc glances over at Lynn, then back at Pratima, the anger draining from his face showing, perhaps for the first time, a glimpse of his true emotional state. He looks tired more than anything else, a deep sadness in his piericing blue eyes hinting at the reason.

*I did hit someone with the RV, didn't I? At least it's safe for now...*

Pratima releases Derek and simply looks him in the eye

"Look, we'll do all we can for you, just follow me downstairs, tell us what's wrong. What happened to your son? What happened to you? We can help!"

The Doc stares right back, a host of conflicting emotions playing over his face, twisting it into an angry glare, "You want to know what's wrong!? Everything's wrong! My whole life's just gone pear-shaped, and you want to know what's wrong!? My son! I haven't seen him in a decade, and now his life's in danger!"

Lynn remains quiet as Pratima tries to reason with the doc.

"Maybe they can help you... if you just give them a chance." 

Looking out over the city, she gives him time to respond before she continues.

"How else will you find him? You will get him back safe and sound, but I don't think you can do it all alone. Will you take a risk with his life, for your pride? Please, they have more resources.. why not utilize them to find your son more expediently?"

Turning to glare at Lynn, his anger seems to fade a little as his listens to her, finally replying, "You don't know what you're talking about. My son doesn't have the kind of time their way would require. Also, your assertion that I don't have the resources to do this myself is based on several erroneous assumptions. "

Looking back at Pratima, "Now, will you please take me back to my RV? I..." As he trails off his eyes shut and his features take on a look of intense concentration.

I'm cold...dad? Mom? Can you hear me?

I can hear you Jason. Just stay clam, and try to concentrate on my voice.

[He's doing everything he can to hold open the link, up to and including burning WP]

"Uh...no...not at all...uh..just concentrate on flying. It's near the UN building on Manhattan Island"

Everyone inside seems to be keeping eerily quiet...Frank imagines that its as to not jinx whatever it is that's keeping them in the air with a newly erupted doing the flying and all...

If he had a mouth, he'd be smiling. "No problem. If it makes you feel any better, I am actually a trained pilot. " *Of course, that was helicopters, not jet-powered passenger vans, but let's not mention that right now...*

Concentrating, Frank kicks the throttle up a notch or three. "We'll be there soon."

There's some polite applause at the end of the performance. Not much better than how she was greeted. As she kicks into her second song most of the audience has gone into conversation and simply ignores her. Only the lone figure in the back still listens...

After a few songs the lights turn up a bit and the club's stereo starts loudly churning out Johnny Cash classics...Moe walks up to the stage still rubbing his neck and with a angry, terrified glare he addresses her

"You...you're crazy! You're fired! Don't you bother coming back tomorrow!"

Mona simply shrugs.

Okay.

She switches off the mike and steps off the stage - once back in the dressing room, she sweeps the various pill bottles into her guitar case, slips the accoustic in on top, squeezes the lid shut and snaps down the latches. She glances around the room to see if there is any trace of her left - satisfied, she makes her way back out into the bar and out the front door, her boots crunching on the parking lot gravel as she heads for her red Chevy pick-up.

Movie Making

Roh-bear smiles an impish grin

"Ah, good, good! Here, stand here in front of ze green screen..."

Christian nods, and walks out the door to retrieve the rest of the suit. Back inside he starts puttung on the stilt boots, muttering to Ron, "Damit sehe ich wie eine Tunte aus(I am looking like a Drag Queen)." ::sarcasm Ron smiles and nods his head (not understanding a word he said). After puting on the Praying Mantis gauntlets and the mask, Schenk takes his mark in front of the Green Screen.
"Nancy's characteur has been kidnapped and taken to zis weurld. Bug "Eur", where you will face off ze queen bug...Oh, don't worry about Ilsa, we'll just use stock footage and make her die with Natasha..."
Verdammt, and I really liked those shower scenes with Ho. ::wink

Schenk mutters through the mask "I am ready when you are, Roh-bear...", then He thinks to him self Ok, four students and one faculty member are dead, and Nancy has been taken to Planet Bug "ur". I got it...ya, right. ::crazy

Turning to glare at Lynn, his anger seems to fade a little as his listens to her, finally replying, "You don't know what you're talking about. My son doesn't have the kind of time their way would require. Also, your assertion that I don't have the resources to do this myself is based on several erroneous assumptions. "

She freezes biting her lip before she opens her eyes and addresses him forcefully.

"Pardon me, I'm sorry then. You are correct. Of course you are bloody friggin All-knowing, all-seeing, and all-powerful. You can do everything alone, including mowing down innocent bystanders. Of course.. the few minutes it would take to tell PU the situation is just too much to ask. I understand fully, but then I'm only the person you PLOWED over! Are you even thinking? Don't you realize you are only ONE man? How in the hell do you plan on saving your son? You just know where he is? You know you alone can handle whatever situation he's in? You're POSITIVE that having a little BACKUP is worse for him in case you CAN'T handle what ever is going on? What if you get injured.. what if you can't find him? What if something happens to you in the meantime? Who will help him then? Would you THINK for a minute? If in FIFTEEN minutes we can't find a way for them to help you, then Pratima can return you to your RV. It'll take you longer to walk there from here. Give them a chance for chrissakes, for your SON."

Shaking, she's so angry, Lynn's head wobbles slightly. "Fifteen minutes. Just fifteen friggin minutes, please." ::crazy

Meet Joe Rock

Joe waves while keeping Sanchez in view.

*So much for going a little at a time.*

"I was chasing this guy..." Joe gestures to Sanchez with his foot

"...and, well, it just sort of happened. I guess, I always did want to be taller.  I think" *I hope* "there is an off switch." 

The sound of sirens catches Joes attention as backup arrives...five squad cars and two ambulances as well as a fire engine speed up Baker street and uniformed men and women, most faces Joe recognize, step out of the cars and start pushing back the crowd. An ambulance crew, running cautiously around the hulking Joe, make their way into the apartment building, closely followed by a couple of cops. Matt steps out and makes his way toward Joe...

The other end of the phone line is mute...

The PU building

The Doc stares right back, a host of conflicting emotions playing over his face, twisting it into an angry glare, "You want to know what's wrong!? Everything's wrong! My whole life's just gone pear-shaped, and you want to know what's wrong!? My son! I haven't seen him in a decade, and now his life's in danger!"

The beautiful nova purses her lips and frowns at the doctor before answering

"What happened? Why is he in danger?"

I can hear you Jason. Just stay clam, and try to concentrate on my voice.

[He's doing everything he can to hold open the link, up to and including burning WP]

"Dad? You can hear me?! How? Are you dead?...I'm scared...maybe I'm going crazy..."

A sharp pain spikes through the doctor's temples, as if someone were scooping out his brains with no aenesthetic (yes, I'm aware the brain has no nerve endings, its figurative...) . He clutches his head and through sheer will the doc only manages a brief response to his son before losing contact again...

The Doc doesn't even hear Lynn's little rant, his face a mask of pure concentration as he focuses on maintaining contact with his son.

As the pain subsides somewhat, he actually hears her quite clearly.

In the van

If he had a mouth, he'd be smiling. "No problem. If it makes you feel any better, I am actually a trained pilot. " *Of course, that was helicopters, not jet-powered passenger vans, but let's not mention that right now...*

Concentrating, Frank kicks the throttle up a notch or three. "We'll be there soon."

Frank soon sees NYC's easily recognizable skyline coming up over the horizon. Unable to make out exactly where he needs to go at this distance suddenly his view of New York grows much bigger and pixelated. The view then smooths out and he makes out where he needs to go with ease. The only thing bothering Frank as he comes up towards the PU building is how in the world he's going to slow down enough to land...

Back at the PU building

Pratima shakes her head angrily and looks at the doc

"Look, fine, you want to go back, I'll take you back..."

She raises her arms but holds herself as she hears something...a jet engine? Approaching? Looking up those on the PU building see the oddest flying vehicle they've ever seen. Stretched out PU letters can be made out on the wings as Huge Fans sprout under them and a pole grows out of its top and rotors unfold out of it. The "chopper" floats over the building and starts slowly to come down...

Truth or consequences, New Mexico

Mona simply shrugs.

Okay.

She switches off the mike and steps off the stage - once back in the dressing room, she sweeps the various pill bottles into her guitar case, slips the accoustic in on top, squeezes the lid shut and snaps down the latches. She glances around the room to see if there is any trace of her left - satisfied, she makes her way back out into the bar and out the front door, her boots crunching on the parking lot gravel as she heads for her red Chevy pick-up.

As she heads for the pick-up truck a distinctive smell of cheap after-shave and beer hits her nostrils. Turning around she sees the talent scout, a tall, thin man with curly brown hair and thick mustache. A rolex on his wrist and several rings try unsuccessfully to pry her attention from the flower motifed blue hawaiian t-shirt he's wearing. He tips his cowboy hat to her, probably bought at some cheap tourist spot around the place...and walks up to her.

"Running off somewhere? You're better than this Mona..."

He nods at the Hangman's Daughter and sticks out his hand

"Bill Goldman of the Goldman brothers, nice to meet you."

Movie Making

Schenk mutters through the mask "I am ready when you are, Roh-bear...", then He thinks to him self Ok, four students and one faculty member are dead, and Nancy has been taken to Planet Bug "ur". I got it...ya, right. 

Robert claps his hands and steps up to Schenk, describing the location to him

"Okay! Here there're going to be awesome mountains with lightning across gas clouds. Over there're are mounds like termite mounds. I want you to look around in wonder..act like an amazed bug. Every so often a bug flies by overhead, kinda like you but smaller. CGI's still working on them...You can do it, I trust you Schenk."

Robert sits in the director chair and call out

"Ready? Lights...camera...action!"

A boy clasps a clapper in front of the camera and all eyes are on Schenk in front of the green screen...

The beautiful nova purses her lips and frowns at the doctor before answering

"What happened? Why is he in danger?"

The Doc almost growls at her, "I don't know, and I can't find out from here!"

"Dad? You can hear me?! How? Are you dead?...I'm scared...maybe I'm going crazy..."

A sharp pain spikes through the doctor's temples, as if someone were scooping out his brains with no aenesthetic (yes, I'm aware the brain has no nerve endings, its figurative...) . He clutches his head and through sheer will the doc only manages a brief response to his son before losing contact again...

Not crazy. Think I erupted. Losing contact, talk again soon.

She freezes biting her lip before she opens her eyes and addresses him forcefully.

"Pardon me, I'm sorry then. You are correct. Of course you are bloody friggin All-knowing, all-seeing, and all-powerful. You can do everything alone, including mowing down innocent bystanders. Of course.. the few minutes it would take to tell PU the situation is just too much to ask. I understand fully, but then I'm only the person you PLOWED over! Are you even thinking? Don't you realize you are only ONE man? How in the hell do you plan on saving your son? You just know where he is? You know you alone can handle whatever situation he's in? You're POSITIVE that having a little BACKUP is worse for him in case you CAN'T handle what ever is going on? What if you get injured.. what if you can't find him? What if something happens to you in the meantime? Who will help him then? Would you THINK for a minute? If in FIFTEEN minutes we can't find a way for them to help you, then Pratima can return you to your RV. It'll take you longer to walk there from here. Give them a chance for chrissakes, for your SON."

Shaking, she's so angry, Lynn's head wobbles slightly. "Fifteen minutes. Just fifteen friggin minutes, please." 

The Doc is silent for a few moments as he massages his temples and opens his eyes. Looking at Lynn, his voice barely above a whisper, slowly getting louder as he speaks, "You don't understand anything at all, you stupid, self-righteous b*tch. I don't know what's happened. Until I find out, I can't risk being associated with Utopia, and I can't find out anything from here; even calling my ex-wife from here to find out what the hell's happened to him could get my son killed. You're right about one thing however, he's my son. Where the f*ck do you get off telling me how to go about keeping him safe?"

Pratima shakes her head angrily and looks at the doc

"Look, fine, you want to go back, I'll take you back..."

The Doc nods, "Good, let's get going."

She raises her arms but holds herself as she hears something...a jet engine? Approaching? Looking up those on the PU building see the oddest flying vehicle they've ever seen. Stretched out PU letters can be made out on the wings as Huge Fans sprout under them and a pole grows out of its top and rotors unfold out of it. The "chopper" floats over the building and starts slowly to come down...

Looking back at Pratima, a slightly annoyed expression on his face, "Yeah, that's weird, I'll grant you, but can we go now? My son's life is still in danger, and you're still wasting my time and his by keeping me here. "

Makin' Movies

"Ready? Lights...camera...action!"

A boy clasps a clapper in front of the camera and all eyes are on Schenk in front of the green screen...

Christian takes a deep breath, and then after a few hesitant 'Faux' steps, arches backwards (because the mask doesn't move up and down) in the direction that Roh-bear indicated the mountains would be. After a 3 count, He straightens up and turns toward the 'termite mounds'. Immediately, Schenk drops to a three point stance, hoping to not be seen, and then he does a few three point steps away from the mounds while still watching them.

(Assuming he thinks the suit can take it)He does a sudden sideways roll while watching something (?) fly over head. Christian comes up on all four's and makes some furtive movements as though looking around (still hindered by the suit). (OCC: athletics roll to make this look as natural as possible)

Then he waits for a "Cut" or further direction.

Meet Joe Rock

The other end of the phone line is mute...
Joe thinks,

*??? Outage? Or she hung up?*

Taking care not to crush it, Joe closes his cell phone, then he puts it back in what is left of his pants pocket. Then he turns to Matt...

The sound of sirens catches Joes attention as backup arrives...five squad cars and two ambulances as well as a fire engine speed up Baker street and uniformed men and women, most faces Joe recognize, step out of the cars and start pushing back the crowd. An ambulance crew, running cautiously around the hulking Joe, make their way into the apartment building, closely followed by a couple of cops. Matt steps out and makes his way toward Joe...
Joe nods to Matt and comments, "If that second ambulance is for me, I don't think I'll fit. Maybe it was that donut, but I think I've gained weight since the start of the shift. ::rolleyes "

As she heads for the pick-up truck a distinctive smell of cheap after-shave and beer hits her nostrils. Turning around she sees the talent scout, a tall, thin man with curly brown hair and thick mustache. A rolex on his wrist and several rings try unsuccessfully to pry her attention from the flower motifed blue hawaiian t-shirt he's wearing. He tips his cowboy hat to her, probably bought at some cheap tourist spot around the place...and walks up to her.

"Running off somewhere? You're better than this Mona..."

Mona stops and looks him up and down, and tries to keep from laughing.

Ah ain't better than nothin', 'cept maybe a dead dog.

He nods at the Hangman's Daughter and sticks out his hand

"Bill Goldman of the Goldman brothers, nice to meet you."

She grins a crooked grin.

Ah, Mister Scouty-Scout - didja like what ya heard in there? Ah was kinda off tonight, on account ah wasn't drunk enough.

She extends a hand to deliver a rather firm handshake.

Mona Floss, desperado and degenerate, at your service.

The Doc is silent for a few moments as he massages his temples and opens his eyes. Looking at Lynn, his voice barely above a whisper, slowly getting louder as he speaks, "You don't understand anything at all, you stupid, self-righteous b*tch. I don't know what's happened. Until I find out, I can't risk being associated with Utopia, and I can't find out anything from here; even calling my ex-wife from here to find out what the hell's happened to him could get my son killed. You're right about one thing however, he's my son. Where the f*ck do you get off telling me how to go about keeping him safe?"

Rolling her eyes, Lynn turns to walk away. "Of course. Your call. And when I read about you in the obituaries I'll be able to look back to this moment and remember why you don't try to talk sense to self-important know-it-all sob's. But to be fair.. you don't know that asking for help would get him killed.. You don't seem to know much of anything. It's your son.. your choice. I realize you don't want to take a risk with his life, but you are by letting whoever push you into being reckless. YOU are the one putting him in jeopardy."

Moving to the side, she lifts her arm to adjust her head so that she can look up at the craft. "Unique transport, Pratima. Seems you all have an interesting knack for surprise entrances." ::cool

Frank soon sees NYC's easily recognizable skyline coming up over the horizon. Unable to make out exactly where he needs to go at this distance suddenly his view of New York grows much bigger and pixelated. The view then smooths out and he makes out where he needs to go with ease. The only thing bothering Frank as he comes up towards the PU building is how in the world he's going to slow down enough to land...Stretched out PU letters can be made out on the wings as Huge Fans sprout under them and a pole grows out of its top and rotors unfold out of it. The "chopper" floats over the building and starts slowly to come down...

A wry voice filled with humor crackles to life over the van's speakers. "Ladies and gentlemen, we'll be making our landing soon. Please make sure your seatbelts are fastened, and your tray tables in their full upright and locked positions. The weather in the Big Apple is a balmy seventy-six degrees, we hope you enjoy your stay. Thank you for flying with Newly Erupted Airlines."

With a gentle bump, the odd craft settles onto the concrete top of the Project Utopia building.

Rolling her eyes, Lynn turns to walk away. "Of course. Your call. And when I read about you in the obituaries I'll be able to look back to this moment and remember why you don't try to talk sense to self-important know-it-all sob's. But to be fair.. you don't know that asking for help would get him killed.. You don't seem to know much of anything. It's your son.. your choice. I realize you don't want to take a risk with his life, but you are by letting whoever push you into being reckless. YOU are the one putting him in jeopardy."

Grabbing Lynn's arm angrily, the Doc looks her in the eyes and says in a dreadfully quiet voice, "Listen to me very carefully. Do not speak as if you could possibly understand what has happened and why. There are things about my life that you are unaware of, and probably couldn't even imagine, that may have a direct bearing on my son's current situation. It's a good bet that any hint of me being associated with Utopia could be percieved as me going to the authorities which, according to my ex, will get my son killed. I have resources and contacts in places Utopia's never even heard of, and that you couldn't even imagine. That being said, I don't have to justify myself to you, and if you ever suggest that I'd deliberately endanger my son again, I'll make you wish you were never born. " Releasing his grip on Lynn's arm, the Doc turns back to Pratima and says in a more normal tone of voice, "Can we go now? "

Lynn meets his eyes squarely as he blasts her a new one.

"Fair enough, but be so kind as to keep your hands off." Twisting away, she sits on the rooftop and crosses her legs. "I'll wait here if you don't mind. Need time to cool off. I'm sure your 'contacts' will be waiting anxiously." ::closedeyes

A fingers tap quietly on her leg as she looks up to the aircraft. *Who designed such a... unique craft?* ::confused

On top of the PU building...

Pratima purses her lips at the doctor's berating of Lynn...

Looking back at Pratima, a slightly annoyed expression on his face, "Yeah, that's weird, I'll grant you, but can we go now? My son's life is still in danger, and you're still wasting my time and his by keeping me here. "
That being said, I don't have to justify myself to you, and if you ever suggest that I'd deliberately endanger my son again, I'll make you wish you were never born. " Releasing his grip on Lynn's arm, the Doc turns back to Pratima and says in a more normal tone of voice, "Can we go now? "

The stunning nova shakes her head in disbelief and pointedly ignores him as she cautiously watches the vehicle land. The door across the roof on the far side of the vehicle (leading into the building) bursts open as men bearing armored jackets and automatic rifles circle the vehicle and point their weapons at it. Pratima steps protectively between the vehicle and the newly erupted novas...Her hair starts floating as wind rustles around her.

Inside the van

A wry voice filled with humor crackles to life over the van's speakers. "Ladies and gentlemen, we'll be making our landing soon. Please make sure your seatbelts are fastened, and your tray tables in their full upright and locked positions. The weather in the Big Apple is a balmy seventy-six degrees, we hope you enjoy your stay. Thank you for flying with Newly Erupted Airlines."

With a gentle bump, the odd craft settles onto the concrete top of the Project Utopia building.

Delois looks out the window and exclaims

"Shlt, he's sure to be here in no time!"

Sten nods

"You got that right...look kid, just stay still. Jaz and I will try to get things sorted as Mr. Sutherland and Jimmy (the driver) keep you company. Don't worry, everything's going to be alright...we just came in unannounced..."

Sten tries to open his door and finds it stuck closed due to the frame's deformation. He looks at the dashboard.

"Tell me if this hurts..."

Frank feels something odd, like having someone move an arm for you.

"All right? I just shifted the doors open on both sides, unfortunately I think they're fused like that for now..."

Sten steps out...

Back on the PU building

Openings appear over the wings of the vehicle as they melt upwards (think Flight of the Navigator, only upwards instead of downwards and no stairs..) and flaps of metal stay up over the opens. An attractive blond man steps out on Pratima's side and nods at her with a grin

"Well that sure beats flying coach!" ::cool

A woman's voice come's from the other side of the vehicle

"Hold your fire!"

Sten shakes his head and looks back at Pratima

"Everything alright Tima?"

"Yeah, just need to get to get some chores done...would you mind looking after the lady hear? She's just erupted and slowly falling apart..."

Sten's eyes widen

"Woah! Okay, uh...miss? What's your name? I'm Sten Johanssen, not officially a member of the Team but I work with them, from time to time..."

Pratima turns back to Derek with a stern look

"Okay, let's go..."

This time there's is no gentle accumulation of wind...a bone-chilling gust pushes him off the building and quickly towards where they came from...not one minute later they land back at the accident site. Firemen are going over the totalled camper truck as Slag directs a team of PU personnel...

Meet Joe Rock

Joe nods to Matt and comments, "If that second ambulance is for me, I don't think I'll fit. Maybe it was that donut, but I think I've gained weight since the start of the shift.  "

Matt smiles grimly

"Actually that second one is in case you hurt anybody...I think PU will be sending some people soon, dunno what's keeping them. You sure you're okay?"

Movie Making

Christian takes a deep breath, and then after a few hesitant 'Faux' steps, arches backwards (because the mask doesn't move up and down) in the direction that Roh-bear indicated the mountains would be. After a 3 count, He straightens up and turns toward the 'termite mounds'. Immediately, Schenk drops to a three point stance, hoping to not be seen, and then he does a few three point steps away from the mounds while still watching them.

(Assuming he thinks the suit can take it)He does a sudden sideways roll while watching something (?) fly over head. Christian comes up on all four's and makes some furtive movements as though looking around (still hindered by the suit). (OCC: athletics roll to make this look as natural as possible)

Then he waits for a "Cut" or further direction.

"Cut!"

Robert nods

"Good good, we'll fix that with with the computer effects..."

Robert steps up and points up at the crane camera

"Okay, now, its later in the movie, I want you to look up into the camera, clench your fist and say 'Gotcha suckas!'"

Truth or consequences, New Mexico

She grins a crooked grin.

Ah, Mister Scouty-Scout - didja like what ya heard in there? Ah was kinda off tonight, on account ah wasn't drunk enough.

Bill removes his big mirror sunglasses (didn't those go out of fashion when The Police split up?) and tucks them in the open collar of of his shirt. He replies as he eyes Mona's better "assets"

"Well I certainly liked what I saw..." ::smiley10

She extends a hand to deliver a rather firm handshake.

Mona Floss, desperado and degenerate, at your service.

Bill smiles and nods

"That's what I was hoping for! Y'see Mona, the Goldman brothers are in the movie business. Ain't no other business like it. We heard about you and big studios, a crying shame...With Goldman you're safe though, we make'em like no one else and we care for our people. Whadda you say? Come with me to New York, I've got a plane ticket with your name on it, a week of shooting and a return of Mona Floss in the lime light! Hell I'll even put you in touch with Goldman Records once we're done...so how about it? I'll even throw in free lodgings for the night, lotsa space in my motel room... ::wink "

NYC diner

Steven asked around at the various shelters, what he got wasn't much. Some dotcom millionaire's son got kidnapped. One of the guys 'caught a peek at the kid being dragged in a black minivan, supposedly a Voyager...and that's pretty much it. Police scanners showed no calls so they just deduced that they shouldn't call either. Mulling on this over his cup of coffee (generously donated by Molly, the waitress) Steven comes to as detective Mason walks up to his table and slides into the booth.

"How's it going Steve?"

He looks up at Molly as she arrives at the table.

"Two breakfast specials, overeasy."

As she leaves he lowers his voice and looks at Steven

"So what do you have for me?"

Archived