----------------------------------------------------------

Command Station/Command/CAPT/Neutral/Bryan O'Malley- Prince of Boredom

Auxiliary Command Station/Command/CDR/Neutral/Elizabeth Sukuko - NPC

Pilot Station/Pilot/LT/Neutral/Britt Hawke - Malkboy

Locust Fighter/Pilot/LT/Biokinetic/Jason Adair - Phoenix

Locust Fighter/Pilot/ENS/Psychokinetic/Sharon 'Shaz' Brooks - Asbjørn

Primary Gunner Station/Security/ENS/Psychokinetic/Marina Soto - tooho

Primary Gunner Station/Security/LT/CLASSIFIED/Qin/Red - NPC

Secondary Gunner Station/Security(Second Officer)/LCDR/Neutral/Brian Meyers - Ezekiel

Secondary Gunner Station/Security/ENS/Neutral/Alexander Suvorov - Archer

Astrogation Station/Science/LT/Neutral/Robert Beckett - MadCat

Environmental Station/Engineer/CDT/Electrokinesis/Nu-Shan Chow - NPC

Damage Control Station/Engineer/ENS/Neutral/Takashi Masters - NPC

Sensor Station/Science/LT/Clairsentient/Rhianna Loraine Logan - ConcreteDragon

Engineering Station/Engineer/LT/Vitakinetic/Edgar Smith - Bahamut

Communications Station/Science/CDT/Telepath/Jamal Singh - Chieftain

Biotech Station/Medical/LT/CLASSIFIED/Qin/Azure - NPC

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha Shift:

Commander - CAPT O'Malley

Pilot/Astrogator -

Gunner -

Sensor/Comms - LT Logan

Systems -

Bravo Shift:

Commander - CDR Sukuko

Pilot/Astrogator -

Gunner -

Sensor/Comms - CDT Singh

Systems -

Charlie Shift:

Commander - LCDR Meyers

Pilot/Astrogator -

Gunner -

Sensor/Comms - LT Beckett

Systems -

PLANETSIDE

Alpha Team:

CAPT O'Malley

LT Azure

LT Red

LT Logan

LT Adair

ENS Brooks

ENS Suvorov

Bravo Team:

LCDR Meyers

LT Smith

LT Beckett

LT Hawke

ENS Soto

CDT Singh

SHIPSIDE

CDR Sukuko

ENS Masters

CDT Chow

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argh! Sorry, I didn't really make it clear before. I wasn't going for a security guy, more like a scout. I'd like to play a character from one of the lost colonies who survived and has now rejoined TEF. He'll more a jack-of-all-trades than anything else.

Sorry Archer.

Everyone, because I wasn't feeling anal enough before, I've edited the first post in this forum to better figure out who is doing what. There's a legend at the top of the post explaining how to read the entries. I've bolded the positions that have a player already assigned, but there are still question marks for most of them (ie. rank and Psi type). For Archer, Ezekiel and MadCat, you need to decide what position you want to fill.

Let me know if this is helpful, or just annoying.

So far I've got the following characters:

Captain Bryan O'Malley [Prince of Boredom] - command, neutral

Lt. Commander Brian Meyers [ezekial] - security / second officer, neutral

Lt. Robert Beckett [madcat82] - science, neutral

Lt. Jason Adair [phoenix] - pilot, biokinetic

As characters are completed I'll start to post TEF files for them. I think that writing such things myself, based on the information supplied by the characters, should simulate the fact that the characters themselves don't write their own files (& allow the players to see what the rest of the world thinks of their characters as well).

For those who haven't supplied one, a date of birth for your character (the year will be fine) will help.

As characters are completed I'll start to post TEF files for them. I think that writing such things myself, based on the information supplied by the characters, should simulate the fact that the characters themselves don't write their own files (& allow the players to see what the rest of the world thinks of their characters as well).

Having said this, now that I've posted the first datafile, players are free to send me their files for their own characters in a similar format - I just need to be able to edit them in places (which I couldn't do if they were posted directly onto the thread by the players). Of course, for characters who lack certain background details, I guess I'll just have to make stuff up... ::devil

These look really good so far, like they'll complement each other pretty well. I note with some chagrin that the Prof's description of my character is better than mine, and I created the guy..

However, O'Malley, Meyers, Beckett, and Adair? ::withbeer Scotty, beam some of us back down! We're all far too Irish for this ship to handle! ::crazy ::hehe

Edit: Oh yeah, and kudos to everyone so far except me for having the stones to create neutrals! ::thumbsup

Personly Phoenix, I think it is harder to play a psion...

When you are a neutral you only have to reason like you and me, when you are a psion you have a whole new outlook (something that nots the easiest thing to imagine ::biggrin ), not to mention a whole lot of responsability.

But thats just my humble opinion...

I'm not sure if Jason would want his emergency station to be flying the Scarab or a Locust.

When you are a neutral you only have to reason like you and me, when you are a psion you have a whole new outlook (something that nots the easiest thing to imagine  ), not to mention a whole lot of responsability.

Your character is second officer on a living starship, representing all of humanity to anything or anyone he may encounter, hostile or amiable. But at least he doesn't have any responsibility or change of environment, right Madcat? ::tongue ::wink

I'm not sure if Jason would want his emergency station to be flying the Scarab or a Locust.

Your character is second officer on a living starship, representing all of humanity to anything or anyone he may encounter, hostile or amiable. But at least he doesn't have any responsibility or change of environment, right Madcat? ::tongue  ::wink

What are you talking about Phoenix? of course he have no responsability (or at least no sense of responsability ::biggrin )

Now stop your fuss... ::biggrin

Okay - here's the updated PC list, although a few wrinkles are still being ironed-out on a few of the characters...

Captain Bryan O'Malley [Prince of Boredom] - command, neutral

Lt. Commander Brian Meyers [ezekial] - security / second officer, neutral

Lt. Robert Beckett [madcat82] - science, neutral

Lt. Jason Adair [phoenix] - pilot, biokinetic

Lt. Rhianna Loraine Logan [ConcreteDragon] - science, clairsentient

Ensign Alexander Suvorov [archer21] - security, neutral

Lt. Edgar Smith [bahamut810] - engineering, vitakinetic

Ensign / cadet 'Shaz' [Asbjørn] - pilot, psychokinetic

Is there any more interest in the game before I start assigning NPCs to the remaining crew positions?

Hey all, I'm back.

I've updated the first post of this forum to reflect what I currently know to be true. Please peruse and tell me what to fix.

As far as the three pilot positions, I just put people there as placeholders for now. Most likely, the ranking pilot will fly the Columbus in emergency and the others the Locusts, but everything is up for negotiation.

For Zeke and Archer, where do you want your emergency positions to be? My first thought is gunnery positions, since they're both trained in gunnery, but let me know if you have another idea.

Is there any more interest in the game before I start assigning NPCs to the remaining crew positions?

Prof, some time ago Malkboy posted interest in playing a pilot, don't know if he's still interested or not...

I'm putting out a general plea for anyone to play the First Officer. Personally, I think it's one of the most important positions to have a PC fill, since they are really the one that's running crew operations day-to-day. If I'd known no one was going to play it, I'd have taken that and let the Captain be an NPC, but it's too late for that now.

Mmm, well I could in a pinch, it'd fit the character's background Kinda since he led colonists to defend Karoo against the chromies and he has enough Command to fill the role...However I wouldn't want to redo a character, does he have to have the "Command" ability group background? Plus he's both scientifically and militarily minded which might be a good mix for 1st officer...

Is it really necessary? Will someone fill in the Security Officer's role? Would my character be both 1st officer and security officer (unlikely)? Is it like Star Trek where the 1st officer leads the "away team" while the Captain stays with the ship? ::wink

Oh, and would I have to write a gazillion reports/datafile thingies?

Is it really necessary? Will someone fill in the Security Officer's role? Would my character be both 1st officer and security officer (unlikely)? Is it like Star Trek where the 1st officer leads the "away team" while the Captain stays with the ship?

I suppose it's not strictly necessary, I'm just loathe to put too much crew operations stuff into the hands of an NPC, both because it just causes more work for the Prof, and because it takes some control away from the players. I don't think the command track is strictly necessary (though I could be wrong) and no I wouldn't see you as dual-hatted as a security officer. Truth be told, I kind of like your character as is, and regardless I was thinking of having your character lead the away teams simply based on his experience (command, security, medical...). I was sort of thinking as the first officer as the lead for crew ops aboard and your character as lead for planetside.

I suppose if we have an NPC I'll just be more hands-on as Captain and try to push more responsibility to the Second Officer (to give him some experience before his next promotion). You know it could be interesting to have one of the Qin as first officer. Maybe it was even a stipulation for their participation?

Truth be told, I kind of like your character as is

Thanks.. ::blush

You know it could be interesting to have one of the Qin as first officer. Maybe it was even a stipulation for their participation?

That's a pretty good idea actually...

I vote for some psion to max his/her gunnery (*cough* Asbjørn *cough*) My character is competent but can't quite castrate a spaceslug from a parsec away yet... ::wink

I imagine the biokinetic is already our prime pilot? Anyway, I'm still waiting for the characters files before calling dibs on a ship's position. I won't take Primary Gunnery if there're more qualified people. Actually, I'd be pretty happy with the auxiliary command position as a "Tactical station" but that may be reserved for the first officer...

Perhaps we should all take on two pcs???

Just a suggestion....

naah, there's nothing wrong with having NPCs...right? Its not tragic if no pc boosts his/her gunnery...we can have NPC gunners and my character isn't total crap, just not Godly like a formatted psion could be with maxed skills.

I think I'll leave that to someone else... I normally don't like maxxing one particular aspect of a character, and being the expert gunner doesn't really sound all that rewarding, roleplaying-wise...

Of course, she won't be totally green, and formatting obviously gives an edge, so I think we'll do ok. ::wink

Also remember that we're not supposed to be the military, so no one's expecting characters with unbelievable gunnery skills.

Makes you wish we were good enough to disable a vessel instead of destroying it, doesn't it... ::rolleyes ::tongue

Bah, I think my char can manage...one out of two times at least... ::wink

I wasnt thinking about the gunnery figure (of whom I dont care didily squat about  )

I was more thinking of all the extra job that Prof will have to go through...

I wasn't thinking only of gunnery either. Any game has NPCs, that's part of being a storyteller. Controlling more than one PC can lead to certain conflicts ex. PC A giving his Uber device to PC B, PC A killing himself for PC B, etc. or even the opposite: PC A avoiding PC B out of fear of creating "conflicts"

I think it'll much simpler one PC per player...course if we do go Troupe style I won't necessarily start crying...

Archived