Trinity Universe: TEF OOC

ProfPotts

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - I'm a paper guy really... too many computer-crashes or accidental 'oops I've wiped out my life's work' incidents around to make me want to keep too much stuff on computer... ::wink

... But mostly it's so that I can relax & read over notes without being stuck in front of a glowing monitor all day.

Attn PoB and 'Zek--

Mar 30 2005, 07:06 PM IP: 63.242.0.9 | Post #195|  

With the appearance of the local, Rhianna uses 'Dowse' to determine the the location of any other locals in the area. She then uses her Device to send the info to the ship and the minicomp of both team comanders.

and---

ProfPotts  Sep 11 2005, 09:46 AM IP: 213.166.30.37 | Post #196| 

Reaching out with her extra-senses Rhianna quickly 'feels' more of the natives, perhaps half-a-dozen, slipping quickly through the noetic ether & moving towards the team...

::halo

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting on replies from Malkboy in Beta team (but I am aware of his situation & will move on even he can't get to post), & archer, Concrete Dragon, phoenix & Asbjørn in Alpha team...

Guys - I'm guessing there's a bit of the old 'just stand here & follow orders' thinking going on, right? It's an issue which tends to crop up in any game with an official in-game command structure in place, but I'd pefer not to have that sort of thing restricting what people think they can do.

The TEF has always valued initiative - it's not meant to be as strict in it's command structure as a real military outfit. Just because the Captain is talking to aliens, doesn't mean everyone else should just wait around for his next lot of orders. Feel free to do stuff yourselves - in fact, it's the characters' duty to explore & experience new things.

Again think back to the old Star Trek model - characters tend to do their thing, & actual direct in-your-face orders are a rarity. I'm sure that Prince of Boredom isn't gonna' come down on anyone like a ton of bricks for actually doing something... ::wink Right now O'Malley's really just said 'don't anyone start shooting' - which is fair enough - that doesn't really mean 'do nothing'.

Try to think what your characters would want to do in the situation - first contact with a previously unknown alien species - stand there doing nothing? Well... not if they passed the TEF psych-evaluation they won't.

TEF officers are meant to all be explorers, not drones.

And please... try to have fun... ::wink

Edit: okay, so O'Malley did say 'nobody move a muscle' - try not to take it literally (& Prince - try to give 'em a bit more wiggle room in the ol' orders... ::sly ).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just been glancing back over some of my old games & this...

"If you loose this fight, Suvorov, you're cactus! If he doesn't finish you I promise I'll get you before these root rats get me in the nuddy! Get him! Shove that spear up his clacker!"
"Kick his ass, Alex!"

... made me laugh my ass off! It's so 'un-Star Trek' it's beautiful! ::lol

Kirk & Spock face off in the Vulcan arena when a yell comes from Doctor McCoy,

'Kick his ass, Jim!'

... Priceless... ::biggrin

Archived