I'm off

ezekiel

I'm off to Taiwan tomorrow (for a year) so I'll be off the boards 'til I get set up there. Might take a month before I get my own connection but I'll probably haunt the cyber-cafés if only to give some news. Anyway, here's hoping I jump back into the games soon! ::smiley5

Just a quick post to say I'm in Narita Airport, Tokyo and I think its pretty cool here (I never think that about an airport... ::wink)

Must be the japanese incessant intercom voices which does it for me and the nifty ads...

Anyway, must run!

Anyway, must run!

Guys, someone's chasing ezekiel! I think he might be in trouble with the law or something.

Dude, if you can read this, I'm going to wire you $10,000 - it will be waiting for you at the front desk of the Tokyo Hilton under the name 'Mr. Pedipalp.' ::wink

Have a great trip, and hope to hear from you soon! ::smiley5

K, I think I'm officially back on the air..I'm in Taiwan now (supposedly small village but to me its an urban sprawl..) If I can survive dying of black lung in the near future, I think I'll survive. I kinda feel like I'm in a Manga though, its crazy here. I can't understand diddly squat! Woohoo! That's pretty much what I was looking for though. Anyway, the reason I'm saying I'm officially back on the air is that about three minutes walk from where I live is a 24h internet cafe which costs about 4Cdn$ for 8 hours of use or a buck an hour...and its high speed! Dirt cheap..

Now if only I can get used to the Chinese OS and Internet Explorer here... ::tongue

One thing I have learned about any website is that all of the HTML tags are in English. Period. It doesn't matter what language the pull downs are. The reason is that the conference that standardized HTML tags was in the US. That may be a little bit of help. For other help, feel free to either E-mail me or PM me... I'll see what I can do, Pengyou.

I'm not surprised it looks like a manga by the way. Its pretty standard in both Japan and Taiwan (island living, go figure).

Just take it one day at a time. Hopefully you'll meet up with some people who can speak English (seems to be a sort of measure of status from what I understand). Otherwise, we're here for your sanity check!

---Min

Actually I'm sharing a house with five other teachers...decent house with cheap rent (yay!) so I'm not fearing for my sanity yet. AS for the OS, most of the stuff is in english but error messages or windows pop-ups (do you want to save this password, etc....) or all in Chinese. Luckily, I already know pretty much what those messages are so I know where to click...

Archived