Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal OOC

Heritage

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so now that the piss has hit the fan, I have no free internet access - well, obviously we pay somebody...y'know what, never mind that.

No proper posting 'til Monday = a long weekend soaked in urine. Isn't that pleasant?

I might pop in quickly before then, but Kinko's ain't cheap!

Edit: Internet is fixed! I'll be back later tonight to settle things properly. Of course on the negative side, I'm still out ten bucks from my Kinko's visit last night - if only I'd been more patient....(sigh)

I'd say no cause whatever caused the smell is no longer there...some physical effects might linger...Say a book soaked in urine for example... ::rolleyes If the pee washed away drawings, they wouldn't come back. If the pages ruffled and crimpled, the won't straighten. Will there still be a smell? Maybe, but not of urine.

There might still be some psychosomatic effects though...I imagine that if you were buried in crap one moment and suddenly you were in a room full of roses, you'd still be gagging a bit for a while...

That's my take on it anyway...

edit: that's for Matter Creation, Q-Construct is something totally different. Long term effects would depend on the construct and its powers, if any.

Technically (strict-rules-wise that is - in the end it's a ST call ::wink ) it depends on the special effects choosen for the power in question. Lingering effects that have no direct game / dice effect are perfectly allowable (says so in the APG, if no-where else ::tongue ).

Since it's ezekiel's character, I imagine that what he says, goes (unless over-ruled by Heritage).

Is there any chance we could have an updated post listing all the characters at the base (PCs & NPCs), along with brief descriptions (appearance, known powers, service branch, rank, etc.)? I'm getting pretty confused with all the recent changes to the roster.

Is there any chance we could have an updated post listing all the characters at the base (PCs & NPCs), along with brief descriptions (appearance, known powers, service branch, rank, etc.)? I'm getting pretty confused with all the recent changes to the roster.

Yeah, no shit, me too! I'll have one up by tomorrow night, if not sooner ::thumbsup

I just went down the list* (nothined to do at the moment):

NPC's

Capt. Delacroix - The Commanding one.

Spec. Chambers - The Com. Spec. one.

Spec. Mortimer - The Com. Spec. two.

Sgt. Daniels - The commanding assistant one.

Srn Spec. Juberski - The Com Spec boss one.

2nd grade Epstein - The Hot brownie that has everyone by the you-know-whats one.

1st Sgt. Marena Colby - The interesting one.

Julia - The little childrens underage one.

PC's

SSO. Rex - The humaine Barney-esque One.

SSO. Damien Mackenzie - The Dark, Gothie, Teenage One.

SSO. Raphael (Lastname) - The Angelic Terat one.

Lt. Lobe - The Medical One.

Lt. Ernold Ficklestein - The toon one.

Lt Emma Majors - The spooky one.

Lt. R Griffin - The unknown one.

Lt. Mike - The Uber-cloning, bombish one.

Lt. Walter O'Reilley - The paper pushing one.

Sgt. Jamie Jennings - The... LEvinwurth one.

*Note - This is done in "Friends" episode name format.

If any of this is incorrect (like names *coughLOBEcough*) just say so we can upate it.

UPDATE HISTORY:

Forgot Levinwurths char

I am not sure about that alcohol thing. Griff is dormed. So he should be able to drink quite some stuff, but only like any other human with his stamina and Resistance 3. He would get drunk. At least until he ends Dormation and gets as sobber as a church mouse again in some moments. Or am I wrong?

::ninja ::tongue ::wacko

I'm thinking yeah - sorry to cut the snowball fight short, tooho ::biggrin We can always due another mindsuck session later.

I'll be back online tonight, and we'll do the time jump then. Also there's gonna be a new set of orders coming in soon for our less stealthy temamates. ::thumbsup

I am not sure about that alcohol thing. Griff is dormed. So he should be able to drink quite some stuff, but only like any other human with his stamina and Resistance 3. He would get drunk. At least until he ends Dormation and gets as sobber as a church mouse again in some moments. Or am I wrong?

That's sort of my understanding of it - you won't be able to get as drunk as a baseline when you dormed down, but I figure you could at least get a good mild buzz. I don't think a nova can get truly shit-faced at all anymore, unless you buy two levels of the Healthy enhancement from APG, which gives you complete control over how drugs and alcohol affect you

Nova's can get drunk...but it takes *massive* stuff. Im talking a gallon of pure grain alcahol...strait. Amp Wells (with their special brand of nova derived chemcials) can do it. Im sure that mega-intelligent novas could cook up something else given time (mabey through use of trace amounts Mox to lower a persons resistance to the alcahol).

Thats for your average No/Low M-stm nova (as in only 1 M-stm). Someone with an enhanced M-stm and enhancements (Adaptability, Health, Regeneration, and im sure there is more) it will take a lot more to get them as far as the tipsey stage. Especially when you get to Mstm 3. Your resistance pool will be a base of 7 with 3 m-dice. Even with the difficulty of 2 for nova derived chemicals, it will be rare that it would affect you.

Since a Dormed Nova loses access to any of his Nova characteristics I'd say that a Dormed Nova is exactly as susceptable to getting drunk as any other baseline with the same Stamina + Resistance pool.

But doesn't the APG say that you still keep your Soak while dormed down? Doesn't that indicate...

Oh, fine, your drunk off your ass! ::angry ::biggrin Hope you don't upchuck during the time jump, which will be happening.....now!

(edit: I have no idea what I'm talking about - you keep the three dots in End. and Resist., but not soak ::blush)

There was talk in the chats about roommates and such, and here's what I remember being discussed:

1. Rex gets his own room. 'Nuff said ::biggrin

2. Ficklestein gets his own room. Also 'nuff said. ::laugh

3. Epstein and Julia share a room - awww....

4. Colby and Emma share a room, to allow for more freaky telepathic bonding. ::tongue

These were the ones I remember - who else want to team up? There are six big rooms and eight small rooms - in theory all officers should have their own rooms, but crowding is bound to occur, at least until the tunnel rats show up for the expansion.

Since a Dormed Nova loses access to any of his Nova characteristics I'd say that a Dormed Nova is exactly as susceptable to getting drunk as any other baseline with the same Stamina + Resistance pool.

Oh, and dormed novas don't lose all of their nova characterists. They keep their attributes, skills, & willpower.

That Stam+Resis is what an undormed nova without mega-stamina would be using. Lots of nova don't have Mega-Stamina, and they aren't affected by alcohol all that much either.

Translation: Baselines don't normally have 3 dots in Resistance.

As for bunks, same as for Damien. Griffin doesn´t need very much space. He could take one of the small rooms or double up eith somebody else. Walter already invited him (as far as I have understood that ::unsure )

As for that drinking stuff: Many different explanations, but which one do we use? ::wacko Your decision please, Heritage.

As for that drinking stuff: Many different explanations, but which one do we use?  Your decision please, Heritage.

Just fess up, you're screwed...

You either don't get drunk and reveil your novahood

or...

you start singing on tables and In Vino Veritas kicks in...where you'll merrily tell your drinking buddy all about how cool it is to fly/run fast/teleport/fart q-bolts/etc.

just choose one... ::wink

Oh, and dormed novas don't lose all of their nova characterists.

::ahem::

Read 'Dormancy' on page 141 of the core book...

'... While dormant, the nova has no access to any of her nova characteristics...'

I don't just form these opinions off the top of my head - I go & check the books first. I was just repeating what WW tell us about Dormancy - of course, in this game, it's up to Heritage to make a ruling.

After all, Attributes, Abilities, Willpower, et al, are not 'nova characteristics' - even though some Novas may gain more of each when they erupt. The ability to be immune to alcohol & other toxins / drugs is most definately a 'nova characteristic', since it's a bonus only Novas get.

Seems pretty simple to me.

[bTW - do the BFGs the Cobra's are issued still weigh as much as the ones from the Elite's book? If they do, Rex can't actually carry one (just lift it & stagger about) unless he's gigantic at the time - which makes the thing a little inappropriate for him to take on all but direct-assault missions.]

You need a M-Str of 1 to carry and use it I believe. If you want 2 you will need a M-Str of 3. Thats what frenchie was gonna do (with the immovable enhancement thatwould have roxxored).

At 1 dot of Mega-Strength you can carry 100 kg without being encumbered. A BFG, from Elites, weighs 1,000 kg. At double your normal carrying capacity, you can't move (encumbrance, p.233 to 234).

Mega-Strength carrying capacity increases at 100 kg per dot or, at the ST's option, more at higher levels. The BFG bit in Elites seems to indicate that they're using 10% of lifting weight as a Mega-Strength character's carrying capacity - which would mean you could carry one at Mega-Strength 2.

The Elites BFG takes Mega-Strength 2 & Mega-Dexterity 1 to effectively use.

This is kinda' why I'm asking about it now, before we get into combat. Rex has Mega-Strength 1 (before growth), but no Mega-Dexterity. If the gun is the same as in Elites, then he's better off not using it at all.

Whoops, answered this one in the IC thread ::blush Let's do the math - is a 750 kg gun all that much more manageable than a 1000 kg at M-Str 1? Aw, crimminy, it doesn't really help at all! ::confused See, this is why math and me will never be friends - it's far too logical. Great, the signiture weapon of the Cobras can't actually be picked up by any of the Cobra PCs ::angry Well, Damien can....

And, and Mega-Strength is all screwy, too! ::tongue

Give me a bit of time, we'll figure this all out... ::unsure

Okay, CDragon suggested a compromise, some sort of Bulldog carbine - I'm thinking 250 kg, smaller magazine, smaller over all, designed for the M-STr 1 crowd. I'm gonna work on some stats, and we'll see how they turn out.

Next game I run, I'm hiring a fact checker ::rolleyes

No, no...I think I like it better this way ::devilangel

Rex grunts under the weight of the large machine gun

Damien: "Need some help, lightweight?"

Damien snaps the shoulder strap, grabs the gun and effortlessley slings it over his shoulder.

Damien: "You can have this back when you can use it"

hhehehehehe... ::damien

Archived