Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal OOC

Heritage

Okay, I need to be honest with myself and all my players: I don't have the energy to run this game.

I thought I did when I was riding the high of having Prof come back to EON, which was the coolest thing, and I was giddy and I could do anything, but I was wrong, and I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that. I kept thinking I could find the energy and excitement to keep it going, and then the days and weeks went by and I still couldn't find it, and I kept all of you hanging, posting just often enough to keep a shred of hope alive, but you have no idea how hard it was to just type up those tantalizing fragments. And if I'm avoiding this website out of guilt and not posting in other people's games, it effects more than the players in my game.

As I said in a chat with John/Prince of Boredom today, I have a long history of dragging things out and making them worse by avoiding unpleasant issues because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, which is complete bullshit, because it really means I just don't want people to be mad at me, which is of course the exact opposite of what actually happens. If I am ever going to become a better person one day at a time, I need to face people I care about, especially when I have to say unpleasant things.

I screwed up; I shouldn't have relaunched this game if I didn't have the time and energy to run it, and I'm sorry for the effort everyone put into it, especially the folks who drew up new characters. I'm not the guy I was when I first started this game a few years back; there's a lot more going on in my life, a lot of stuff that I feel passionate about and it's not right to run a game like this powered by a 9-volt creative battery, hell, more like one of those tiny hearing aid batteries.

I hope you guys are cool with this, or as cool as you can be; I will still post in other games (more often, in fact), maybe even join a few more, since technically I guess I’m only in the one. I really hope this is the last melodramatic, Oscar-moment post I ever write; believe me, I am as tired of writing them as you are of reading them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm cool with it Heritage. And I want to let you know that I sincerely appreciate your honesty. You're a good ST, and you meant well. I applaud your recognition of your own faults and realizing when you know you won't be able to give a game the attention it deserves. Don't beat yourself up too much. ::smile

Well....I *am* dissapointed...

Everyone here is being so nice and I just feel sad, since this is the game I have been wanting to join since I found Eon...I labored for a few weeks getting my character just right. *sigh* But alas, I *do* understand. Lately my life has been picking up signifigantly and I have hardly had time for the current games so the recent lull has actually been a bit of a blessing. Among other things, I have been traveling, investigationg romance, quit one of my jobs (the crappy corporate one), am looking more into my opwn entreprenurealship and getting back to my artistic mission.

Some day Heritage...I hope to be around Eon for a good long time...maybe someday you will ressurect the grand tale of the War Journal...

• 1 month later...

Well...I s'pose someone oughta move this sub-forum to the inactive games category, I can't do it as a mod, apparently. It was your baby Heritage...best you do it.

:tombstone:

I actually sent a PM to Jackson Creed like a week ago to see if he could move it, because I've tried to move stuff and failed, and I don't want to delete all this stuff by mistake ::ohmy He never replied or moved it, not sure why; anyone else have the mad forum skillz to complete this task?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Heritage,

Just curious if you ever thought of turning your WJ notes into an Eon e-book about the Aberrant War? I realize that's a lot of work, but you made the WJ-era very alive for the characters.

I have, and it's still something I think about from time to time. I have pretty much no experience at desktop publishing, but I would actually be more than happy to work on this with someone (or ones) who are DP savvy.

As far as art goes, I know a few artists from the online comics community, and of course there's plenty of local talent here (Cotus, I'm looking at you ::wink)

Who all would like to work on this?

Archived