Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal OOC

Heritage

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And suddenly a pile of paperwork appears in front of Damien with a voice going, "Red tape of equiptment transfers.  We'll talk to you sometime next year when you finish this first set of paperwork."

Woulden't it be worth it though? I mean...a 16 year old kid takining a large gun from a large lizard man? ::biggrin

I think it's safe to assume that some forty years later, materials may well be somewhat lighter.
I wouldn't assume that. Those guns weight as much as they do because that's as much weight as the thing that carries them can deal with.

If men were twice as strong, the guns would be twice as heavy, but they would have more ammo, do more damage, or otherwise be better.

That really depends Alex...some of the parts could be electronic now, or something a whole lot different. If this gun is going to do the same damage as whats in elites (a good 50 yrs earlier) you have to account for M-Int nova's messing wiht design and everything.

It may also do well to just make new stats for it for this game. Wont take much time, but Heritage can customise the gun how he thinks it should work.

BTW, does that M-11 still weigh those 8 kg like that old Railgun, too?

Yeah, weight is the same, and one pound for a grenade sounds about right, too. Glucose packs for a Path are what they call 'neglible' in D&D - 10 would weigh a pound.

CD was working on a mini-Bulldog concept, which I think I might call the 'Pug' ::tongue - even if we do go for nixing encubrance, I'm still intrigued to see what he comes up with, and might include them in the game anyway.

I wouldn't assume that. Those guns weight as much as they do because that's as much weight as the thing that carries them can deal with.

If men were twice as strong, the guns would be twice as heavy, but they would have more ammo, do more damage, or otherwise be better.

Good point. I'm gonna look at the Pug, see if I like it, and we'll go from there. As I said, if people aren't crazy about it (i.e. 'Za Pug is a little girly gun!'), we'll modify encumbrance slightly, but the Pug might still be available, possibly even for non-Cobras. Hmm, I'm really starting to like this idea! ::biggrin

That really depends Alex...some of the parts could be electronic now, or something a whole lot different. If this gun is going to do the same damage as whats in elites (a good 50 yrs earlier) you have to account for M-Int nova's messing wiht design and everything.

I see your point, dude, but I think a gun like that would have few if any electronic parts - the fewer parts, the less chance of breaking down. I imagine that the Bulldog is a classic MG design, the kind first developed by the Germans during WWII and modified into the US M-60 (see any of the Rambo films for a visual). Well, actually now that I think about it, it's probably more like the six-barreled Minigun they the put on swivel mounts of helicopters. Anywho, the strain on the mechanism from firing such heavy rounds would be extreme, so a classic design made out of much heavier materials makes the most sense to me. The Minigun does use a motor to spin the barrels, but otherwise I see a mostly mechanical design.

Here's CD's redesign of the Bulldog - what do people think?

BULLDOG

Barrels--5(30 mm)

RPS--120

Burst--20 rounds

FA--360

Useable range--200m

Length--1.4m

Dia.--.75

Gun weight--333Kg

Ammo weight--250Kg

Ammo rounds--500

Round size--30mm DSDU (23mm)

Acc--0 (-2)

Damage--12d10L[13]

The 'Bulldog' is essentially the same as the 'BFG' except with these modifications:

5 barrels instead of 7

Action is rotated 180deg. into a bullpup design, decreasing the length and increasing maneuverability.

Action is made of Amorphous Aluminum, reducing weight and increasing heat dispersion.

Ammo is changed to a Discarding Sabot with a 23mm penetrator, reducing recoil, mass and armor penetration while increasing velocity, thus increasing damage to soft targets.

Because of the recoil suppression devices and the gyroscopic effect from the rotating barrels, characters with 1 dot Mega-Str. who change targets while firing (autofire, strafe) incur a cumulative penalty of +1 difficulty per additional target after the first. This is due to the fact that they have to 'Bulldog' the nose of the gun into position, hence the name.

The 'Bulldog' can be disassembled or re-assembled with 5 actions, into 3 parts, for ease of transport and lowering encumbrance.

P.S. I still like the idea of a 'Pug', a sawed-off three barrel version or something - send your ideas in now!

What about this one? ::devil ::devil

Boxer

Barrels--5(30 mm)

RPS--120

Burst--20 rounds

FA--360

Medium range--50m

Length--1.1m

Dia.--.75

Gun weight--300Kg

Ammo weight--250Kg

Ammo rounds--500

Round size--30mm Flechette Canister Rounds

Acc—(+6)

Damage--25d10L

Actually just a sawed –off version of a Bulldog. No big Range but devastating against soft targets

With Rex's Bulldog I was kinda' presuming that it'd be custom-fitted as a one-handed 'pistol', to use when full-sized (considering the weight issues when he's not 'big') - although it's not actually cropped-up until now.

How much do Cobras get to customise those things in any case - we get issued a personal one, right? Would a 'giant's handgun' version for Rex be okay?

What about this one?

Ooh, I like it! I'm gonna be a jerk here and call it a Pug anyway - yes, a Boxer makes more sense, but ah want mah Pug!

Dern...layin' it on thick for the paper pusher? Glad im not there...

Yes, Epstein is being a brat, as she is currently suffering from massive eufiber envy. She was designed when this campaign was originally going to be 'eufiber-free', but since I caved on that one everyone seems to have it ::wink I think it's not surprising that a young shapeshifter would feel kind of left out in this area, hence her request; I did not expect her to get 11 successes on her Style roll, which is why I layed it on kinda thick. ::biggrin I wasn't going to do it this way at first, but then I thought: she's nineteen years old, she knows she's frickin' beautiful, and she's going through Advanced Infiltrator Training (AIT), so she knows what she's capable of, and she really would be able to use the eufiber to good effect. I do feel bad for poor Walter, though ::confused

actually B.. you went to the Armoury.. (unless you changed it)... Which is where this conversation is taking place (well Walter is on one side of "the cage" and epstein on the other.. but it's all in the armoury...
I figured she would have waited till everyone leaves...she was acting all conspiratorial and stuff.

Heritage? Are we all there when she does this?

Hmm, missed that Damein was going into the armory/supply room/whatever-we're-gonna-call-it-this-week - probably 'cause it happened like 20 posts earlier! ::laugh Can we just say she did this quickly before you came in, dude? It only took like thirty seconds, and then you could come in on Walter looking all goey as Epstein scurried off ::biggrin You couldn't have gotten inside anyway, since Walter keeps it locked.

With Rex's Bulldog I was kinda' presuming that it'd be custom-fitted as a one-handed 'pistol', to use when full-sized (considering the weight issues when he's not 'big') - although it's not actually cropped-up until now.

How much do Cobras get to customise those things in any case - we get issued a personal one, right? Would a 'giant's handgun' version for Rex be okay?

Yes, Cobras are allowed and sometimes even encouraged to customize their weapons - there are several Engineers that have excellent reputations for custom work, and they typically do it for free, since it's a wonderful opportunity to be both artistic and get to work on a sweet gun like a Bulldog ::cool

Okay, I want to start both of these missions before the weekend is over I have to type up some more stuff for Grizzly, which I will PM to him as soon as it's finished. Does anyone else have anything fun or intertesting to do before final preparations are made? OOC or PM me with any additional questions.

And remember, the current time is 6pm in mid-September, so it's gonna be dark soon, and the weather is crisp and pleasant.

Awww...comon! Its just pull and toss! How hard can it be?

So hard that it could kill you very fast. (At least if you are baseline human) ::devil

The trick is not to get that grenade as far away as you can, but to hit close enough with it. After all, they aren´t designed as precision weapons ::tongue

Never had been an expert with them, (have thrown a life one only once). But you get a lot of respect even for those training grenades when a newbie botches it with one of them and that thing goes up about 5 feet in front of you.

Well...Damien is mad at *THE WORLD*.

So...since your 'God' of WarJournal...uhhh...you.

Gotcha ::biggrin Don't worry, you'll be killin' stuff with your bare hands in no time ::thumbsup And you can imagine the bad guys are all bratty little novas ::tongue

Okay, sunset on September 16 in Washington State is 6:20pm, so we're pretty much there right now, seeing as the orders came in at 1800 hours (6pm). It seems reasonable to me that the recon team might wait until it's a bit darker to move out, but that is up to their team leader, MS Jennings. What say you, Levinwurth - move out now or wait?

Did you account for the new tilt on the axis? Huh? Didja? It could be earlier or later in the year 2056! Didja? didja? hehe... 

Just messing with ya 

::Me flies away before he is Mauled:: 

Y'know I've been dying to try out my orbital kinetic railgun on someone... ::devil

We wait for dark. No sense in hurrying now when we can have plenty of natural cover a little later, eh?

Yeah, I figured - Scouts have a little bit of time to get ready then, whereas the Badlanders (ooh, cool name!) have to get going sooner, since they've got a bit of prep to do at Hole 23 ::thumbsup

Archived