Happy April Fool's Day!

phoenix

Happy April Fool's, everyone! Hear any stories of good jokes?

I heard of a mother who got her kids up and told them that they had to get ready for school, got them dressed, fed, backpacks on, and then showed them a sign reading, "Ha ha, April Fool's! It's 3 AM" ::devil

Enjoy the day - if you can!

- Ayr- I mean, Phoenix ::ninja ::cool

P.S. Yes, it's freaking me out too..

Avril Poisson!

There's some interesting hoaxes on netscape.com...Gotta love the San Seriffe Islands ::bigsmile !

Also, did anyone catch the Cross & Lopez Show last night?

Basically, an official came on the air, announced that the Howard Stern Show was cancelled (to protect their stockholders and citing that he had bowed to government pressure), and that it would be replaced by a new show. Thus started the Cross & Lopez Show, the ultimate vanilla radio show.

However, phone calls came in...Some were condemming the new show, because Stern's shouldn't have been yanked, either because it was simply their favorite show, or because legislators weren't allowing Stern his rights to freedom of speech. Others were in support of the new show.

However, it was revealed that the radio show was an April's Fool Joke. Calls at that point shifted to support of the new show and "Howard, you rat ball!" However, there were still calls condemming the program change....

Just thought I'd share...

FR

its Poisson d'Avril

There was a report on local TV here claiming there were "pepperman" trees (dunno if that's what you call them...those pink mints every old geezer has) They stuck the mints to tree trunks and claimed new scientific/trangenic breakthroughs, blabla...anyway, it was quite obvious (they ended the interview saying its best to water the tree with goldfish water/ water from a fish tank...Poisson d'Avril means April's Fish. Most of our pranks here include fish in some way, dunno why. A few years ago I bought goldfish and dropped them in our toilet so they'd swim in it and surprise the heck out of anyone who took a dump...)

end of cultural lesson...

Archived