Where is everybody?

Ayre el KaBeer

Over the last 3 weeks posts on these forums have slowed from roughly 15 to 5 posts per day. I realise that people are busy (myself included) with school, work, family, etc. it's just that I've never seen it this slow before.

I've decided to start this thread as another of the "getting to know you" types, just let us know what you've been up to of late even if it's something as small as hearing a new joke (don't forget to share the joke ::rolleyes ), I'll start...

Over the last few weeks I've been going to various universities and other tertiary schools to try to get back to school this semester, though I'm not having too much success, I'm still holding out hopes.

I started an excercise program ever since I found out that heart disease runs in the family and realised I have one of the trade mark symptoms of blue fingertips and lips (due to vascullar constricition). I'm happy to say that 3 weeks of morning walks/jogs and moderate weight training has gotten my fingertips back to a nice pink ::wink and as a nice side effect I've lost about 4 kilograms.

I've been going out with a bunch of friends I've known for at least 10 years and 2 I've known for 17 (not bad for a 22 year old huh?). Unfortunatley one of these friends' father just passed last week in a car accident, one of the main reasons I've been away from the boards this past week.

There's more but I really can't think of anything else just yet. Now it's your turn, that's right YOU! and YOU! know who YOU! are so get typing ::tongue

Yikes...what can I say?

I've been working, playing Star Wars Galaxies(it's the new crack, dontcha know?), getting re-involved with a local LARP, trying to spend more time with my fiancee'(Wish, for those who don't know already), giving my uncle advice on life, thanking the stars my little brother isn't in prison, dodging my mother's phone calls, more work, adding to my knife collection(yay!)...whew!

And of course, I spend at least a little while everyday coming here to oversee my kingdom. ::biggrin

How about the rest of ya?

Well, I've been working on new songs and getting shows with Isaac's College Fund, a punk/ska band I play trumpet for, and trying to cope with incredible boredom due to Feb. break with no homework and, as you say, slow EON.

Looking forward to a trip to Boston in a week or so, and hopefully getting my license this Friday! I took the test earlier but failed on the road for silly silly reasons.

Well, I'm still as active as can be on the boards since for the first time in ages, I'm doing absolutely nothing. I'm waiting for my diploma to arrive since I need it for my work visa which is a lot like waiting for the grass to grow. My faculty told me that I'm on the 28th of February diplomee list which means I'll probably be getting it next week. The suckiest part is that I can't rightly get a job since I'm leaving. I also can't give clear arrival dates to employment prospects in Taiwan since I need my diploma before leaving. On the bright side, I have a firm year-contract offer starting end of july and I could just go now and teach part-time on a student visa until then...I could even learn some chinese that way. I'll see how things go.

Repeat Mantras:

"The road of someday leads to nowhere"

"No guts, no glory"

Anyway, my friends are all still studying or working and those that aren't are abroad somewhere since, like me, they're mostly globetrotters. I finished working with the CIPPIC (www.cippic.ca) last week so after hectic semesters of overwork this means that I'm now dying of boredom. Basically my days are spent reading on Tech law so as to not forget what I know and transferring the log I kept while sailing this summer to a word document to put it up on the web. I'm translating it in English (since I wrote it in French) as I go along and I'm nearly finished having now written Day 54 out of 86 days of sailing this summer. That and scanning the EON boards every five minutes in the hopes that prof posted in QZ or DoD (though somehow Prof managed to create a game where the players almost don't need him in DoD.)

Well, like everybody else, I've been busy too. Studies, trying to find a job, organizing 2-3 larps and trying to have a life as well. There are just too few hours these days.

I said to myself yesterday that I'd take some time looking over the EON forums today and get my posts up to speed, so hopefully this won't be the only one today.

Hey, Archer...

What kind of larp are we talking about here? The classic american vampire thing? Or something a little more interesting? ::wink

Well, I have been busy with school, TFR: Martial arts, and a special little project of mine for all you Trinity fans out there, ::biggrin

as well as too many chronicles/series... BTW, does anyone know if the Orpheus series is any good, im thinking of buying the dang thing, but I dont know. The main book seems good, but I havent had the oportunity too look at the series...

Alright, my turn.

For those that don't know, I'm a Captain in the US Air Force and just recently got stationed in Stuttgart, Germany (I was in San Antonio, Texas until about a week and a half ago). For those that have never dealt with it, the paperwork it takes to 'inprocess' a base is horrendous and has been eating up much of my time. I'm finally at work most of the time now, having gotten the lion's share behind me.

I just got my permanent living quarters here on base so I'm in the process of moving in and don't have a telephone or internet access (I'M DYING!!!). So, every day after work I head on over to the base library (as I am now) and check to see what's going on. This is my only chance for roleplaying right now, so I'm always hopeful to see new posts.

The only other saving grace is my laptop and a new freeware JAVA version of Blood Bowl (a fantasy footbal/rugby game from Games Workshop), so I've been running an entire season playing against myself.

Well, that's probably more than any of you wanted to know so, next...

Basically my days are spent reading on Tech law so as to not forget what I know and transferring the log I kept while sailing this summer to a word document to put it up on the web. I'm translating it in English (since I wrote it in French) as I go along and I'm nearly finished having now written Day 54 out of 86 days of sailing this summer.

You wrote it in French? Is that your first language, or is English?

Yeah... I had noticed that too and was rather beginning to dread the end of all things good... Otherwise busy wasting my time of SW:Galaxies, toying with my Harnmaster character for my twice monthly (Hah!) reminder of tabletop gaming and trying to get going on my third larp (where I play (once a year) LARPs use bespoke or some rpg setting and run about 3hrs with ten to twenty characters and with each character having between two and six pages worth of character sheet (though mine tend to be around ten))... oh yeah, more mundanely i'm also trying to take over from my boss who has just fscked off to work for a gambling .com as chief code god guru thingymabobby.

Hmm, let's see.

I'm toiling away at my crappy shift manager position at Blockbuster here in Lombard, IL (though I'm actually typing this at Sulzer Public Library on Chicago's North Side, killing time until my doctor's appointment). I want to get a new job, but having employment, even bad employment, somehow makes it hard to focus on finding work. Add to that the appalling job market here in the States (I'm sure it's bad everywhere else, too), and now I'm starting to think about going for assistant manager and a store transfer (groan!).

My personal finances are in a shambles, and I'm giving serious thought to declaring bankruptcy ::cry

I'm playing in two fun D&D campaigns and running my Aberrant War campaign (with mixed results) and constantly popping in to EON see if we're at Aeon yet in CC, and to read all the QZ: Elites backposts (up to page 53!), wondering if I can somehow weasel my way into that story ::wink Sporadically writing Aeonverse fiction, which might finally make it to this site. And I'm trying to come up with more ideas for my Aeonverse events at GenCon Indy this year, both of which are coming along very slowly.

If I ever get my money situation together, I plan on taking classes at Second City, one of the world's greatest schools for comedy, in hopes of someday getting to play a 'wacky neighbor' on a sitcom or some such thing.

I also need to lose weight, but living in the 'House of Starch' isn't making it easy! Plus I'm a lazy bugger, which ain't helping either ::sly

Let's see...

I'm a crazy guy who does too much sometimes. Lately my real life has been filled with hospitals, job hunting, and in general a bit of everything. I play in two RL Aberrant games run by the same guy (kinda fun when the storylines are intertwined) and looking for some other stuff to do.

As far as online stuff, I've been busily trying to sort out the downtime for CC when I've had freetime and trying to keep up with what's going on. As well as watching QZ:E for some activity.

I've also been fighting with Sprint to get a cell phone fixed, fighting with the cable company to get my internet straightened out (not getting proper speeds)... bore bore bore.

Archived