Trinity Universe: Lethal Experiments

madcat82

The Soviet grins as the discussion continues into who will command.

"Do none of the rest of you have any command experience?"

"Well, back home I am a Major, although that was more due to my connections than actualy training..." The slight russian blushes slightly at this.

"Nicely volunteered, that man!"

"I guess that means command has been delegated...? That being the case or not, I think we need to really understand what everyone is capable of before we get in a bad situation. So let me tell ya what I've garnered and pose a few questions.

First, as I said before, I'm a soldier, pure and simple. I've had extensive training in parachuting, survival, land nav, small arms and guerrilla tactics.

Captain Beckham is also militarily trained, primarily small unit tactics and can pilot aircraft. As far as your other 'talents', I realize that they are currently 'Top Secret' but are you authorized to use them if the situation dictates, and then debrief us later?

Private Thomas here is a marksman and possibly forward scout.

Cassie (he looks in her direction and smiles) is an anthropologist and likes to fight with knives... My guess is you were brought along to help us with the 'strangeness' that the nazi's are involved in. Just a couple of questions, how good are you with a gun, and are you willing to use your feminine wiles on the enemy if necessary?

Comrade Ivan, again how good are you with a gun, and what another skills do you bring to the fight?

Doctor, you said before that you're not good with a gun, but does that mean you refuse to use one? We just need to know whether you're going to be able lay down fire with us or not. I'm assuming you're here to provide medical services, anything else?

I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers here, but if we're going into a potential combat situation, we need to know what everyone is capable of."

"... Captain Beckham is also militarily trained, primarily small unit tactics and can pilot aircraft. As far as your other 'talents', I realize that they are currently 'Top Secret' but are you authorized to use them if the situation dictates, and then debrief us later?.."

Beckham sighs,

"Between you & me I hate all the cloak & dagger rubbish. My background information is right out, but - presuming that all present here are cleared for the mission - I guess I'm allowed to reveal my 'talents'..."

The Cap' glances around, then focuses on Cassie's knife. Suddenly the blade leaps across the plane, seemingly of it's own volition, & Brick neatly catches it. Holding the knife flat on his palm he looks at it, & the blade rises a few inches into the air & rotates - unsupported. Beckham shrugs,

"It's called 'Psychokinesis', but it means 'moving things with the mind'. Small stuff is no effort at all, larger things take a bit of work."

With another glance, the knife returns to Cassie, gently floating through the air. The Cap nods at the young lady,

"Thanks for the loan." ::wink

Seeming to ponder something for a moment, the Englishman then draws his unusual sidearm. The pistol is all smooth curves, with the trigger guard extended to the base of the grip so that the whole thing has a roughly triangular profile. There's no real muzzle on the gun, but in it's place is a thin rectangular strip that wraps horizontally around the front of the weapon & seems to be a lens of some kind. The Cap holds the gun up,

"I'll not demonstate this, but it's a bio-las'... er... a 'ray gun'. It hits with about as much force as your best pistol, maybe a little more, but can shoot the hairs off a gnat's ass at half a klick. Battery's good for around thirty standard shots, although spray fire really reduces that & can drain the charge in about three seconds. Its format'... um... 'customised' for me, so no one else try to use it, okay?"

Holstering the gun, Brick pulls open the shirt of the German uniform he's put on, & indicates his own strange uniform beneath,

"My uniform is a monofibre weave with polyalloy inserts..."

The Cap glances around at the uncomprehending faces of his teammates ::lookaround ,

"... That is to say, it's bulletproof. Not that I'd want to test just how bulletproof you understand, but it's saved my bacon a few times, I can tell you... Or rather, I can't, since I've been ordered not to..." ::rolleyes

The Englishman glances at one of the strange boxes on his belt, saying,

"Then there's Chris; but I don't think you need to know about her for the mission."

Doing the German shirt back up Brick glances around the others,

"Right, that's me done. Who's next?"

::biggrin

The Cap' glances around, then focuses on Cassie's knife. Suddenly the blade leaps across the plane, seemingly of it's own volition, & Brick neatly catches it. Holding the knife flat on his palm he looks at it, & the blade rises a few inches into the air & rotates - unsupported. Beckham shrugs,

"It's called 'Psychokinesis', but it means 'moving things with the mind'. Small stuff is no effort at all, larger things take a bit of work."

With another glance, the knife returns to Cassie, gently floating through the air. The Cap nods at the young lady,

"Thanks for the loan."

"Ooh, your welcome. Quite entertaining, and highly interesting." She stares at him with alot of calculation and interest.

"Right, that's me done. Who's next?"

"I'd be happy to share."

Cassie (he looks in her direction and smiles) is an anthropologist and likes to fight with knives... My guess is you were brought along to help us with the 'strangeness' that the nazi's are involved in. Just a couple of questions, how good are you with a gun, and are you willing to use your feminine wiles on the enemy if necessary?

Coy smile "I've never used a gun. Ever. Men tend to not mind if I get close, so I just pull Bessie, or the 'Pearls.'"

She slides her helmet off, reaches for her hair, and deftly removes two porcelan balls connected by a long black silk string. Snaps her wrist, starting it in a slow circle above her head, whips it down around her body then uses a kick to send it to within an inch of Brick's chest and casually snaps it back wrapping it around her forearm as it whips back.

"But, yes, I like knives. Men underestimate a woman in silk."

Shares a smile with everyone, turns to the group, removes her weapons. Facing the Doc, the Private, Beckam and Ivan, she smiles sweetly as she orders them. [COMMAND VOICE] "Seems I'm unarmed boys, why don't you TOSS me your WEAPONS."

[since madcat's busy I rolled, got four successes. Any of you four with less then four wits just does it, any of the rest resist]

Looks at the ground in front of her, winks at the gentlemen, and grins back at Brian. "To answer your question, No. I don't mind using my feminine wiles. Why else would I have them?"

::devilangel

The smiles dies from her eyes. "Then of course there is the back up plan."

She looks at everyone carefully. "I hope it's understood this doesn't leave the group."

She fiddles with her uniform, digs a few fingers into a hidden pocket, pulls out four small diamonds the size of her pinky nail, and tosses them to the gentlemen used in her demonstration. "Merely in apology," and she nods politely.

::rolleyes

"Oh, I forgot."

She raises her hand, shows both sides to everyone, then takes her knife and slashes harshly into the skin of her palm. She waits till everyone has seen that it's bleeding. [touch of life] As she stares at the others the wound seals without a scar.

"It amazes me what you can learn from a gypsy," she mutters, then casually, tosses guns back, and sits gingerly back down, wrapping her hair back up with the porcelan balls.

"Next?"

"Thanks for the loan." 

::nervous

Shares a smile with everyone, turns to the group, removes her weapons. Facing the Doc, the Private, Beckam and Ivan, she smiles sweetly as she orders them. [COMMAND VOICE] "Seems I'm unarmed boys, why don't you TOSS me your WEAPONS."

[since madcat's busy I rolled, got four successes. Any of you four with less then four wits just does it, any of the rest resist]

The doctor shrugs

"Which ones would you like?"

[Witty and determined...you didn't think Lupin would fall for that did you? ;)]

Looks at the ground in front of her, winks at the gentlemen, and grins back at Brian. "To answer your question, No. I don't mind using my feminine wiles. Why else would I have them?"

The doctor speaks in perfect Manchester English, breaking with his use of german for the first time

"Well in that case could I be the enemy?" ::wink

She raises her hand, shows both sides to everyone, then takes her knife and slashes harshly into the skin of her palm. She waits till everyone has seen that it's bleeding. [touch of life] As she stares at the others the wound seals without a scar.

"It amazes me what you can learn from a gypsy," she mutters, then casually, tosses guns back, and sits gingerly back down, wrapping her hair back up with the porcelan balls.

"Next?"

"Ok, well, ah, I'm still only human see? I don't use firearms and throughout my life I've refused to kill anyone. I thought I could remain true to these standards but I've seen the nazis invade my homeland and I'm now commited to do what I can to put a term to the rise of the 3rd Reich. If you must know what I can do well ah... I know more languages than you've fingers and toes, perfectly. I'm a doctor and I'm a lawyer, sometimes I'm an appraiser or a chaplain, perhaps even a police officer or captain of the army, whichever army, doesn't matter. I can do it all and be any of these things. The impregnable opens its gates to my presence and I've oftentimes accomplished what was claimed to be impossible. I've yet to find the surface I couldn't climb and I'm sure I could teach private Thomas a thing or two about sneaking around unless he's even humbler than I thought. Even if I'm caught, convincing people that I belong is what I do best...but enough about me, who else wants to share?"

The doctor shrugs

"Which ones would you like?"

[Witty and determined...you didn't think Lupin would fall for that did you? ;)]

Cassie just laughs lightly. "None, thank you, sir. Some are more...susceptible to my wiles. You must not be one."

::wink

"Now why would I want you for an enemy when you are so much more useful as an ally?"

::halo

(after the exhibitions by Beckham and Cassie)

"WOW!! Uh, I feel like I've stepped into a movie or somethin'. Seriously, those are just tricks or something, right? I mean, people can't really do that... can they? I'm beginning to wonder exactly what it is that I bring to this group...

"Why there's no question, Esteemed Commander."

She smiles at Brick. "Tricks, yes, that's the word." ::wink

::rolleyes ::rolleyes

Cassie turns back to Brian. "Just consider them a special ability, Sir."

"Seems I'm unarmed boys, why don't you TOSS me your WEAPONS."

Brick tosses over the German MP 38 sub-machinegun he's been issued (often called a 'Schmeisser', despite the fact the Hugo Schmeisser had nothing to do with design), & is unpacking his combat knife, when he pauses [3 seconds being up & all], then turns to stare at Cassie. The thought to give up his ray gun never seems to enter his mind. For a moment the Captain looks confused, then pleased, then he starts to say to the young lady,

"Hey, Psychbending - that means you're a... no... no, that can't be right. You must be a... hmmm..."

... As she stares at the others the wound seals without a scar...

"Iatrosis too..."

After a moment of thought the Englishman smiles at Cassie & asks,

"I know I'm not in much of a position to ask for people's backgrounds, but any chance you'd be willing to share on how you developed such... talents?" ::smile

"WOW!! Uh, I feel like I've stepped into a movie or somethin'. Seriously, those are just tricks or something, right? I mean, people can't really do that... can they? I'm beginning to wonder exactly what it is that I bring to this group..."

Without thinking the Captain starts to answer,

"Not all people, no; only those born with a higher than average genetic potential for psionic talent who then have that potential awakened in some..."

Again Brick trails off as he realises what he's saying & glances around the group,

"Er... That is to say... um... it's a trick... yeah, that's it..." ::lookaround

As the words whisper their way into his brain Ivan reaches forward and holds our the German Bolt action rifle without realising, extenting the butt towards Cassie.

As a few seconds pass his shakes his head, confusion crossing his eyes.

"Um... Vot in Lenin's name just happened?"

Still puzzle he watches as the other member of the group display their talents, waiting for his turn to show and tell.

He mearly nods as cassie's wounds close and grins as he watches the floating knife. "Da... I once saw a experiment based on research by Comrade Tesla that did something very similar with magnets, although they must have much finesse not to affect the rest of the metal in the fusilage"

As the demonstration finishes he looks up at the group. "My name is Ivan, Captain of the People's Army and former Military attache to the Soviet Embassy in Berlin. I'm here to liase with the People's Army and to effectively act as your quatermaster. If the need should arrise that we require something for this mission, it is my job to find it for you."

"Also..." he says as he rolls up his sleave, revealing a criss cross of scars that run all the way along his skin "I do have other abilities that may be usefull..." With this he takes one of the metalic wrapping pappers from the chewing gum and spits on it, rubbing it along his arm. As the saliva from the paper gets absorbed the slimp spasms slightly, hair growing in think spurts and the muscles under the skin gaining mass. With such a small dosage his arm quickly returns to normal, much to the relief of the Russian Captain.

Briefly he swears in russian, turning to look at the group again. "That hurts every single time I do it so please do not ask me to do this as a party peice."

Along with everyone else, Richard presents his rifle to the lady.....

And looks quite alarmed at the general shenanigans.

"Um...... Sirs. I just shoot stuff. I'm afraid I don't do magic like the rest of you lot.

"I mean, I've had the basic training, but I'm just a soldier..... I think maybe someone made a mistake........ Sirs."

Richard is starting to look quite forlorn.

"Um...... Sirs. I just shoot stuff. I'm afraid I don't do magic like the rest of you lot.

"It is hardly magic. There is no such thing, merely highly applied science, Da?"

He reaches over and pats Richard on the shoulder with his still exposed arm.

"I mean, I've had the basic training, but I'm just a soldier..... I think maybe someone made a mistake........ Sirs."

"I Vould not worry about such things. You are here now and dat is what is important, no?"

he leans over gently and grins "Besides Britain has a long an glorious history of producing heroes. I doubt you will disappoint."

"Also..." he says as he rolls up his sleave, revealing a criss cross of scars that run all the way along his skin "I do have other abilities that may be usefull..." With this he takes one of the metalic wrapping pappers from the chewing gum and spits on it, rubbing it along his arm. As the saliva from the paper gets absorbed the slimp spasms slightly, hair growing in think spurts and the muscles under the skin gaining mass. With such a small dosage his arm quickly returns to normal, much to the relief of the Russian Captain.

::nervous

"Ahh, you're not reacting to water are you? What if it rains while we're down there?"

"Hey, Psychbending - that means you're a... no... no, that can't be right. You must be a... hmmm..."

... As she stares at the others the wound seals without a scar...

"Iatrosis too..."

Cassie moves to sit next to Brick and asks quietly "Psychbending? I've never heard of such a thing. Iatrosis? From the Greek 'iatros,' right, the physician? Interesting. Hmmm. Have you ever been to Chicago, Sir?"

As a few seconds pass his shakes his head, confusion crossing his eyes.

"Um... Vot in Lenin's name just happened?"

"Sorry, won't do it again, I promise." Nods to Ivan. "It does take a lot out of me as well."

Richard is starting to look quite forlorn.

She smiles reassuringly at the Private. "That is definitely something you do much better than me. I can't shoot worth a dang, Private. Seems I'm the one who should feel out of place. You are by no means inferior. We will obviously be well served in your presence. Not all of us are such well trained, militarily inclined heroes. My book learning will only take me so far. Yours will keep you alive to fight another day."

::wink ::satisfied

The Cap' grins as Cassie sits next to him, actually seeming really excited & interested for the first time since they all boarded the plane.

"Psychbending? I've never heard of such a thing. Iatrosis? From the Greek 'iatros,' right, the physician? Interesting. Hmmm. Have you ever been to Chicago, Sir?"

"Chicago? No... I'm sorry to say that I try to avoid the States if at all possible. I guess you're right about the origin of Iatrosis - I wouldn't really know, that's just what they called it back in basic. I... damnit! There's so much I'd like to tell you right now, but those bloody orders say otherwise."

Brick looks frustrated, as if he's trying to make a difficult choice,

"Look, you appear to possess psychic abilities, like me, although obviously of a different 'flavour'. Until just now I thought I was alone - apart from the Chameleon that is. I... I can't tell you too much about me, but it would really help if you could explain how these powers of your first manifested. There's often an emotional trigger - maybe a reaction to danger or something? I'm no tech', I just know what they taught in high school & basic, but what you've shown us has just put a whole new spin on my visit here."

::unsure "Well, I guess it was when I was about ten. My parents were at the dig, and they had left me in the care of Elea, a muslim guide. We were in the Sahara I believe. A desert tribe attacked. There was fighting...screams in languages I couldn't understand. Some how I got seperated from Elea. I stood there in the middle of the camp terrified. I looked up and realized a man was snarling curses at me. I was so scared, trembling like a leaf in a storm. I felt this tingling all over and I realized I could understand him. I'd never heard his language before that I know, but I understood perfectly. He raised his sword, and I wanted so badly for him to put it down. So I told him to. He just dropped it. He looked so shocked. *shakes head* He started shouting about demons and ran for his horse."

Shakes out of her rememberance and smiles. "My parents came running back soon after that. They apologized profusely and swore to never leave me in a non-English speaking camp again. Oddly, it was never a problem. I almost always understand strangers now, as long as I can observe them for a moment."

Cheeky grin, "Commanding my nanny over the years improved my talents I believe. I never told my parents about how I survived the attack, but when I got older I heard of the Aeon Society for Gentlemen. I attended some of their lectures. I...well...I read some of their files. Dr. Primoris's studies helped me better understand why I am "inspired" but no real reason why I have the specific abilities I've developed. I learned the healing bit from a Gypsy woman who wanted funding home to mother Russia."

"It seems we aren't prolific, but neither are we horrible hidden. People don't like to accept the unusual. It's easier if they just think its luck they didn't get attacked by the charging bull, and its mesmerism or a moment of dizziness if your knife flies out of your hand into the hands of your opponent. Truthfully, this is the first time I've discussed outside of the lectures and demonstrations I sometimes attend at the Chicago Chapter House. One in my position has to be careful who I tell personal things about though money soothes most peoples fear. Oddly, I've found amazingly 'talented' people all over the world. They just call it folk knowledge or magic."

She looks sheepish, "Now I wish I had read more deeply of the files Aeon keeps. I hadn't realized there were names for the different talents. Truthfully, science isn't my forte necessarily and studies on telluric energy can get confusing so I bipassed alot of the scientific explanation."

She smiles hopefully, "You wouldn't care to explain in more detail? If you have a greater understanding, I would appreciate anything you are able to share. I have a weakeness for knowledge. Part of the reason I study passed cultures. I have a theory that some of the tall tales and old legends were true, so I'm very open to larger than life explanations, but don't feel pressured. I understand needs for secrecy. Trust me there are somethings of this world that I've told no one. They would never have believed me. But if the Chameleon has similar powers, it would be beneficial to know. Know thy enemy as thy knows thy friend."

::blush ::blush "I'm sorry, am I talking your ear off? I'm feeling kind of lonely without Eo. This is my first trip without him."

(OOC- I'm assuming the conversation between Cassie and Brick is being held rather quietly such that Brian wouldn't have heard)

After checking over all of his equipment, Brian looks up at everyone.

"Alright, since we still have a few minutes before we reach our objective, I'd like to recommend that we work through some tactical organization. While it may not be the best arrangement, I can foresee the need for us to have to split up into two combat teams, so I think we should talk about that. My recommendation is that when necessary Captain Beckham here take Alpha team consisting of Private Thomas and the Doctor, or whatever you are. Bravo will consist of me, Cassie, and Comrade Ivan. This should ensure we've got some military experience on both squads as well as some 'special talent' on each. Does any one have any issues with these arrangements?"

(no one should pay any attention to the fact that he made sure Cassie was in his squad, it's just a coincidence... ::devilangel )

Bravo will consist of me, Cassie, and Comrade Ivan. This should ensure we've got some military experience on both squads as well as some 'special talent' on each. Does any one have any issues with these arrangements?"

::thumbsup "None at all, sir." *winks at Ivan* "I like that arrangement."

Whispers quietly to Brick, "Though I really would have liked to smuggled more information out of you. It's probably best we're on dfferent squads. Any hints you can give me to help identify the Chameleon? I'd like to be a help, but if we are seperated it won't be easy to identify him if WE *nods to Brian and Ivan* should run across him." ::tongue

(no one should pay any attention to the fact that he made sure Cassie was in his squad, it's just a coincidence...  )

(pfft, uhhuh, sure. ::rolleyes )

"You wouldn't care to explain in more detail? If you have a greater understanding, I would appreciate anything you are able to share. I have a weakeness for knowledge. Part of the reason I study passed cultures. I have a theory that some of the tall tales and old legends were true, so I'm very open to larger than life explanations, but don't feel pressured. I understand needs for secrecy. Trust me there are somethings of this world that I've told no one. They would never have believed me. But if the Chameleon has similar powers, it would be beneficial to know. Know thy enemy as thy knows thy friend."

The Cap' seems entranced all through Cassie's story, nodding thoughtfully to himself once or twice. At her questions he smiles,

"Hey - I'm with you on the whole 'science' thing; I'm afraid I don't know much beyond the basics. Your experiences seem to match a natural triggering of psionic potential: I've heard that it's possible, but never met anyone who triggered that way before. It sounds like your talents are primarily telepathic in nature which, again, isn't my forté, although you've obviously developed your vitakinetic talents as well. I'll have to admit you lost me when you started talking about 'telluric energy', but then again I was never too good on psions & all that subquatum physics stuff either. Let's face it, I couldn't even grasp that whole 'virtual particle' concept at high school..."

The Englishman shrugs,

"From my point of view I can just feel the flow of noetic energy around me. When I focus my psychokinetic abilities it's like causing ripples & eddies in that flow. When you, or another psychic, uses their abilities I can feel those ripples as well."

"I'm sorry, am I talking your ear off? I'm feeling kind of lonely without Eo. This is my first trip without him."

Brick grins,

"No problem! You don't know how good it is to be able to talk about this stuff with someone else who understands what it feels like. With the guys who debriefed me when I got here I practically had to throw them around the room before I could get them to believe what I was telling them..."

"Sorry, you were saying something about Eo? Have you mentioned him before? I must have missed it? Who is he?"

"Alright, since we still have a few minutes before we reach our objective, I'd like to recommend that we work through some tactical organization. While it may not be the best arrangement, I can foresee the need for us to have to split up into two combat teams, so I think we should talk about that. My recommendation is that when necessary Captain Beckham here take Alpha team consisting of Private Thomas and the Doctor, or whatever you are. Bravo will consist of me, Cassie, and Comrade Ivan. This should ensure we've got some military experience on both squads as well as some 'special talent' on each. Does any one have any issues with these arrangements?"

Brick looks up, obviously distracted by his conversation with Cassie,

"What? Right, fine - if it comes to that I guess Thomas, the Doc', & I can muddle through, right chaps? Or, more likely, just Thomas & I, since the Doc's going to be off doing his 'thing', if I'm not mistaken? How about it Thomas - you & me, two-man insertion team extrordinaire!" ::biggrin ::wink

"Though I really would have liked to smuggled more information out of you. It's probably best we're on dfferent squads. Any hints you can give me to help identify the Chameleon? I'd like to be a help, but if we are seperated it won't be easy to identify him if WE *nods to Brian and Ivan* should run across him."

Brick smiles,

"This flight's a couple of hours long - we have time for a chat. The Chameleon? That's a bit tricky. If we had a few weeks I could try to teach you how to attune... that is, how to 'feel' psychic forces around you. It's a basic ability of all psychically sensitive people, although it does require some training. I take it you haven't figured out how to read minds yet? That's a pity - it'd really help in locating The Chameleon. Last time I saw him he was a Nazi officer, but that's no reason to presume he'll still be in that guise. He's been trained as the perfect infiltrator - there's no reason he'd be a prominant or high ranking figure, he could just as easily be a local bartender or something, it's just not possible to know. Chances are he's a fine actor as well, so tricks to try & dupe him into revealing himself aren't much help either - unless we get really lucky. I guess the best advice is 'trust no-one' - the fact that we know him to be in the area is our best advantage right now, but beyond that it's anyone's guess. He may have some future tech'..."

Brick suddenly goes pale, looks around to see if anyone noticed his slip ::lookaround , then tries to cover it,

"... um... 'seemingly futuristic technology', that is... Like my sidearm & other gear. On the other hand, if he has such gear with him, he could also have passed it on to others, so that's not a 100% iron-clad indicator either. I just don't know. Besides my attunement, I don't know any way to get an absolutely positive ID."

On that thought, Brick glances up at Brian,

"Hey - maybe it's not such a good idea to split up after all - at least until the whole Chameleon issue is dealt with?"

"Hey - maybe it's not such a good idea to split up after all - at least until the whole Chameleon issue is dealt with?"

"Captain Beckham, I'm in violent agreement with you. I just want to take into account any possibility. For example, if we have to storm a building, it may make sense tyo hit it from two sides..."

"From my point of view I can just feel the flow of noetic energy around me. When I focus my psychokinetic abilities it's like causing ripples & eddies in that flow. When you, or another psychic, uses their abilities I can feel those ripples as well."

::crazy "Figures it wouldn't be something easy, eh? *sigh* looks like I've futher issues to study. Interesting. So you plan to 'feel' him out?" ::wink

Brick grins,

"No problem! You don't know how good it is to be able to talk about this stuff with someone else who understands what it feels like. With the guys who debriefed me when I got here I practically had to throw them around the room before I could get them to believe what I was telling them..."

"Sorry, you were saying something about Eo? Have you mentioned him before? I must have missed it? Who is he?"

Smiles mischeviously, "I understand. You should see the fun I have with the tribal children, getting their parents to do tricks, when I can't get the bargain I want. They love it, though their parents sometimes take offense. *rolls eyes* Humans are extremely dense even after confronted with extraordinary circumstances."

::blink "Oh, Eo's my 'shadow'. He wasn't cleared for the mission, so I left him back in London. He's probably eating me out of house and home grumbling that I left him in a 'bloody box'. He hates cities. He proclaimed himself my bodyguard five years ago, when I was on site in Africa. Long story short, he's my best friend who just happens to be a five foot African man that disappears into shadows on a whim. He's extremely annoyed that I left without him. He dislikes the Third Reich with a passion that scares even me."

I guess the best advice is 'trust no-one' - the fact that we know him to be in the area is our best advantage right now, but beyond that it's anyone's guess. He may have some future tech'..."

"I can do that...uhm, okay." Looks slightly confused and wary.

"I sure would appreciate that. I like my acquaintances breathing." She mutters quietly.

My recommendation is that when necessary Captain Beckham here take Alpha team consisting of Private Thomas and the Doctor, or whatever you are.

"I assure you I am a doctor. If there's trouble I'll patch you up better than any combat medic ever could..."

Or, more likely, just Thomas & I, since the Doc's going to be off doing his 'thing', if I'm not mistaken?

The doc shrugs

"I'll know once I'm down there...Actually with your help, I could probably sneak Cassie here in as a nurse..."

Jenz looks at the team

"So how about this password? We need something that could be used in a normal conversation. How about: "Man I'm tired of eating this ****." Answer: "Yeah, what I wouldn't give to be on the front in France." Counter: "Yeah, I'd sure love a bottle of Sauternes right about now...""

The doctor eyes the team

"So? Other suggestions? We might want to come up with another as well..."

The doc shrugs

"I'll know once I'm down there...Actually with your help, I could probably sneak Cassie here in as a nurse..."

Cassie nods thoughtfully. "A good plan, Herr Doctor." Looks to Brian for comfirmation. ::smile

Cassie nods thoughtfully. "A good plan, Herr Doctor." Looks to Brian for comfirmation.

Brian glances at Cassie, "I thought you didn't want to split up? Other than that it sounds good, although I'm still a little vague on exactly where you'd be sneaking her into... And I'm not sure if we want to just expose you two with absolutely no backup, but we'll have to make a tactical decision on the ground. It may turn up that that's the only way..."

Brian glances at Cassie, "I thought you didn't want to split up? Other than that it sounds good, although I'm still a little vague on exactly where you'd be sneaking her into... And I'm not sure if we want to just expose you two with absolutely no backup, but we'll have to make a tactical decision on the ground. It may turn up that that's the only way..."

"I don't want to split up, but I realize in all actuality we will need to eventually. I'm just not the best at lying, and I wouldn't want to jeopardize the mission, simply because I'm a woman that doesn't belong. I'll do what ever you decide, I was just being honest in admitting the thought of splitting up, what with the Chameleon, makes me excessively wary. I'll fill any role that's needed, when the time comes. For now, we're just shooting in the dark. No need borrowing trouble."

"Sounds good to me, sir."

Beckham grins back,

"That's the ticket - you take half, I take half - job's a good'un!" ::biggrin

"Captain Beckham, I'm in violent agreement with you. I just want to take into account any possibility. For example, if we have to storm a building, it may make sense to hit it from two sides..."

The Captain nods,

"Right you are - just trying to save on the mucking about when the situation crops up - gotcha'." ::thumbsup

"Figures it wouldn't be something easy, eh? *sigh* looks like I've futher issues to study. Interesting. So you plan to 'feel' him out?"

Brick smiles,

"Yes - something like that."

"Oh, Eo's my 'shadow'. He wasn't cleared for the mission, so I left him back in London. He's probably eating me out of house and home grumbling that I left him in a 'bloody box'. He hates cities. He proclaimed himself my bodyguard five years ago, when I was on site in Africa. Long story short, he's my best friend who just happens to be a five foot African man that disappears into shadows on a whim. He's extremely annoyed that I left without him. He dislikes the Third Reich with a passion that scares even me."

The Cap' looks fascinated,

"Do you speak any African dialects? I've been trying to learn Swahili as a basis, but there are so many different languages that it's hard to get a comprehensive understanding. Even Chinese & Hindi were easier to learn."

"So? Other suggestions? We might want to come up with another as well..."

Beckham nods,

"That sounds fine to me - I presume it'd go unnoticed in normal conversation, right? I have no ideas on any others - like I said, I'm not really up on the current modes of speech."

Taking a moment to listen to the conversation, Brick leans close to Cassie & asks in a whisper,

"Don't take offence or anything, but is there a reason that everyone wants you on their team? Is it just the novelty of having a woman along on a mission in this day & age, or have I missed something?" ::confused

"Do you speak any African dialects? I've been trying to learn Swahili as a basis, but there are so many different languages that it's hard to get a comprehensive understanding. Even Chinese & Hindi were easier to learn."

In Swahili, "But of course." Pharsee "But in the desert, pharsee proves more useful." Arabic..."around Egypt though I prefer Arabic." In following Chinese, "But any smaller dialects are easier to just feel your way through at the time. The tribes are so diverse it becomes difficult to remember all cultural no-no's and the present dialect, what with the changing political systems." English "If you like I am willing to help you work on any that I know."

*cocky grin*

Don't take offence or anything, but is there a reason that everyone wants you on their team? Is it just the novelty of having a woman along on a mission in this day & age, or have I missed something?"

::blush ::blush

"Maybe, though I think they just want to make sure I make it through safely. I'm the only one here with little to no military training. I'm the weak link. If something's going to go wrong, it'll probably be with me." ::sly

"I seem to have that kind of luck."

[Wait a minute...]

"This day and age?"

In Swahili, "But of course." Pharsee "But in the desert, pharsee proves more useful." Arabic..."around Egypt though I prefer Arabic." In following Chinese, "But any smaller dialects are easier to just feel your way through at the time. The tribes are so diverse it becomes difficult to remember all cultural no-no's and the present dialect, what with the changing political systems." English "If you like I am willing to help you work on any that I know."

The Cap again smiles,

"Well, I followed the Chinese okay... Some help would be good. Might as well do something constructive whilst I'm here, right?" ::wink

"Maybe, though I think they just want to make sure I make it through safely. I'm the only one here with little to no military training. I'm the weak link. If something's going to go wrong, it'll probably be with me."

Brick frowns,

"I don't see anything 'weak' about you, lady..." ::sly

"I seem to have that kind of luck."

"Hah! I've been told that there's no such thing - something to do with subconscious focus & stuff. Doesn't stop me hoping for it though..." ::biggrin ::wink

"This day and age?"

::lookaround

"Yeah... you know, um... nineteen forty-... er... whatever."

::lookaround

The Cap again smiles,

"Well, I followed the Chinese okay... Some help would be good. Might as well do something constructive whilst I'm here, right?" 

She repeats herself in English, so as not to be rude. ::wink

"Yeah... you know, um... nineteen forty-... er... whatever.",,

"Uhm, are you alright?" ::dontgetit

The Russian nods as all this goes on about him, sitting there chewing his gum as others do the talking.

(Sorry guys, I had a car accident recently which mean't that I was unable to post)

"I have no major problems working within a team, although the threat posed by this chameleon still troubles me." Turning to'Brick' he directs his next question to him.

"Tell me captain. you said that the Chameleon can diguise his features. How well can he hide his scent?"

"Yeah... you know, um... nineteen forty-... er... whatever."

The Russian grows sombre at this. "Do not worry, friend. I agree totaly that this war has gone of for too long. It seems like each day becomes a year and each year, a hundred... We will end this soon, but not before too many have passed from this world."

He looks to the the Englishman again. "They did not brief you, after you escaped from the prison, correct?" says the russian, jumping to the wrong conclusion. "When I was held I lost all the time. It is good to see another patriot freed."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived