Trinity Universe: Lethal Experiments: Prelude

madcat82

Yikes! I've been off-line for a few days, and now I see everyone has already started playing!

Madcat, I don't want to jump in until you give me the okay - I also realize I forgot to add Linguistics- 1(German) to my sheet. Any other last minute changes you need me to make? I'm going to PM you with an idea I had for a Gadget I can actually use, too.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On women in the armed forces during WW2..(dunno if you knew this or not Prof, playing FutureCap, but you actually had me wondering)

http://www.soldat.com/soldat_rotekreuz_helferin.htm

"Kirche, Kindern, und Kuche"

No women in the German armed forces...'course I read in some forum post elsewhere that there were some women in non frontline military duty (like artillery and such) but it didn't cite any sources or anything. Americans had the Womens Army Corps (WAC) but that was also limited to non-combat positions:

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/brochures/wac/wac.htm

Only WW2 fighting women I saw (there might be more since I was only looking for German fighting women) were soviet women. From patriot gunmen to flying aces:

http://pratt.edu/~rsilva/index.htm

Anyway, its logical for Cassie to try to pass herself off as a man if she's to walk in an armed german patrol...as for our jump going unnoticed...well..lets hope there's a plan..:)

I'm pretty sure there were women in the German military, & there were definately women in the SS - not combat troops, but admin' & similar roles (for the most part). No one's yet told us that we're meant to be front-line troops or anything, which was the point that the Cap' was really making. If we were infiltrating a town or a headquarters or something similar, then it'd be slightly insane to issue Cassie a male uniform when she could pass for a female officer with ease. The only reason to issue her with a male uniform would seem to be if we're expected to drop into a front-line combat situation (in which we're likely to be shot by our own side if we're not careful), or something similar.

The point about wearing uniforms when parachuting behind enemy lines is actually correct - spies wore military uniforms of their own side, not a 'disguise', when making the actual drop, because there was a high risk of being spotted & captured (or the enemy finding out about the operation beforehand & being ready for you to drop in) & if you were in your own uniform you had to be teated as a POW. If you were caught in a 'disguise' of any kind, then you were treated as a spy & had no rights. Being questioned then placed in a POW camp wasn't nice, but it was a Hell of a lot better than being tortured & executed.

Just done some checking: Operation Barbarossa (the German invasion of the Soviet Union) started on June 22nd 1941, so I guess we're now in September 1941, right? Events this month include the compulsory wearing of the yellow star by Jews living in German becoming law on September 1st (along with the general deportation of Jews to concentration camps commencing); & Heydrich being appointed Neurath's successor as Protector of Bohemia & Moravia on September 3rd.

Actually, I'm not sure how close to actual history madcat82 want's to play things, but I for one had to go & look up what 'Operation Barbarossa' (named after a medieval German emperor nicknamed "Redbeard" apparantly) actually was, & when it occured, so I thought I'd share... ::smile

Oh, & there were women serving as concentration camp guards & helping direct the Luftwaffe (i.e. radio operators) at the very least, 'cos I just found references to both those things. In any case, what about Helga on 'Allo 'Allo? ::wink

I wondered when it would be that somebody brought up 'Allo 'Allo. Brilliant series that gives everybody in europe the chance to laugh at bloody foriegners and themselves at the same time.

Actualy. I can just see the Charecters as Inspired.

Le'Claire - "It is I, Le Claire" with his artifact pair of glasses that have the man of many faces dynamic knack

Who's willing to do the others? - ::tongue

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've got to say that playing a game that you don't really know the rules for is actually quite fun. I truly have no idea what knacks exist other than a very brief overview of the DD knacks (and obviously more info about the one(s) I chose).

It definately makes it more fun to see what everyone else can do because I truly am surprised...

• 2 weeks later...
"A hole opens in the heavens and a light shines down on Tohoos body. She wakes up"

Oh, thank God! Phew, that was close. ::wacko

I'll be careful from now on. No more knowing ANYTHING.

::tongue

Woohooo!! Let's get ready to kill some Nazi's!!

NAZI's!! Woohoo, I'll second that.

::rolleyes

We're waiting patiently, Madcat. Can't you tell? ::wink

::thumbsup

Archived