Trinity Universe: Lethal Experiments: Prelude

madcat82

This is the start of the Lethal experiments series.

The series is centered around the second world war and, more precisly, the allied Special Operations Divisions. The players (YOU!!!) play an agent in a team of eight that is a part of the Special Operations Divisions, namely a team that is centered around the investigation of paranormal activity in enemy territory, or more precisly, the occult stuff that the nazis are doing.

The series will be about 50% combat, 50% mystery. The characters is created using standard Adventure rules, and it will start in Special Operations Divisions HQ on the Island of Isleey, off the west coast of England.

The characters may come from any of the following countries:

Australian

England

Sovjet Union

France

USA

The first story will (given out as a teaser) be an covert insertion in Germany, a few months after the start of the german operation barbarossa in recognition to intel showing that a battle harden veteran regiment (about a 100 souls strong) of paratroppers have been taken from the Russian front to form the guard of a small Austrich town named Nurmberg and that a troupe of SS scientists as well as some occultists have been sent there.

The mission, code named Nightingale is to land by air, infiltrate Nurmberg and find out what is going on as well as disrupt the SS operation. A secondary task would be to eliminate the commanding SS officer, Captain Stefan Klietmann.

For Queen and Country.

Pleas report your interest here in this thread.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bahamut, you may be that rugged colonial daredevil if you so wishes... I expect an exellent performance from you thou.

Tohoo, female American mesmerist works so far...

Oh, a thing I forgot to mention, you get an automatic dot in linguistics (german)... Stopid me...

k, I think I may join...no concept yet, I've never played A! though I have the book. I'll read through it later. What year is it? Barbarossa is 1941, right? So France has already surrendered?

I'm thinking of playing a French Stalwart Spy (maybe the local contact for all the americans...) with more skills and backgrounds than knacks...

or a scientist..

or a jock..

or you could just give me a roleplaying challenge (that's the source of my Dreams of Dragons character and I think it turned out pretty well...)

Hey, I'm interested in playing (as always). Don't know about a character yet though, probably someone British.

By the way, is it really just England you want characters from, or Britain as a whole (I used to live in Scotland & those lads get a bit peeved if people refer to the whole of Britain as 'England')?

Also - which 'Queen & Country' are you refering to? I'm pretty sure that Britain still had a King during the War (Queen Elizabeth II's coronation was in 1952, during WW II the reigning monarch was George VI - Elizabeth's father & George V's son, who succeeded to the throne after his brother, Edward VIII abdicated).

I'd like to play, but I don't have the Adventure rules and have never played it, so I'd need some help building a character. I was thinking an American member of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS, the predecessor of modern-day CIA covert ops and Army Green Berets). They had extensive working relationships with the British Special Operations Executive (SOE). If you're interested here is some info about them: The Office of Strategic Services

Maybe a link here between my character and the good Prof's...

Profpotts, Queen Anastasia, the true heir of the russian throne of course ::biggrin ::biggrin ::biggrin

Well, thats six people on board, two missing.

Ayre, i might make an exeption to a mysterious arab, just for you ::biggrin

Prince of Boredom, your character seems well thought out, but I advise you too look adventure up if you havent already.

So, do you want characters & backgrounds? Any limits or house rules we need to know about? There's that free dot of Linguistics, right - anything else? Are all the usual Adventure! groups around for us to take Backing in, or have you got an employer in mind for everybody (i.e. do we all have to be complete S.O.D.s ::biggrin )? Would me taking 'Backing 6 - In Charge [Nazi Germany]' put a crimp in the scenario or not? ::tongue ::wink

Ok, my enthusiasm sometimes leaps in front of my brain. I thought it might be good to let you know that I'm moving in a couple of weeks (Friday the 13th actually) to Germany (that's right I'm in the US Air Force) so will likely be without internet connectivity for at least a week, maybe more. I would very much like to play, but I'll understand if that puts a crimp in your plans.

Thanks.

Well, here is my personal rules:

Make the character and the background, if anyone wannt help, send me a message.

You get one free dot in linguistics, as stated above, and it is automaticly allocated to german.

Each dot in linguistics dubbles the number of additional languages that you know.

(One dot, one lang, two dots, two lang, three dots, four lang and so on).

No merits or flaws. Period.

Backing cap of three, no in charge here (thanks for pointing that out to me ProffPots). I personaly recommend against background heavy characters for this series as they will have to leave almost everything at home.

All the normal adventure groups, exept the Air circus, is still alive and kicking, although the Aeon Society is somewhat weekend with the disappearance of doctor Primoris and Maxwell Mercer. You may also choose the SOD (I realy have to come up with a better name ::biggrin ) as a group and then your background choice is between Gadget (military equipment, such as ir-goggles or costumized weapons) and Contacts (Mainly in the schoolar, reaserch and german circles).

I wannt a minimum of one page of background, i think is quiet resonable.

Well, thats all for now.

Oh, and ezekiel, I havnt forget about you... my thoughts are comming soon...

Uhh, when I said a roleplaying challenge I meant something interesting to play in the campaign as well, right? Not the bitter paraplegic scientist slowly transforming into an intelligent gorilla... ::unsure ::tongue

actually I'm thinking more and more of playing someone from the French resistance but I'll definitely listen to what you have in mind. The only thing I'm not too sure about playing is a soviet since I know next to nothing about their culture (other than Vodka and Ivan Rebroff, so I could play a drunken Russkie who sings Kalinka Malinka while dancing around the baddies and kicking their arses.. ::biggrin actually I kinda like that idea. ::wink His knack could be that accompanying music mysteriously plays when he sings and he's untouchable...)

Well, I've sent the ST my character... Captain Future! Here's hoping he's acceptable... ::thumbsup

Oh, & he does have a pocket laser that can cut people in two (although we prefer the term 'ray gun', thank you very much) - what's your point Bahamut? ::sly

::ohcrap

::devil

Any particular reasons for not allowing characters from other European countries? The allies didn't exactly turn away volunteers from occupied Europe...

The reason I'm asking is of course that it would be fun to play a norwegian character, for once. Maybe a scholartype who knows a bit about germanic occultism and the ludicrous ideas of the Thulegesellschaft and how they don't agree with traditional norse and germanic religion?

Just a thought...

Og så kan jeg komme med mystiske bannord og meldinger ingen andre forstår. ::cool

By the way: Have any of you played Pagan Publishing's Delta Green? They deal alot with occult nazis and it's the best Call of Cthulhu supplement and setting material ever written. If you haven't tried it, run to the store.

Captain Future lives! (Well, he's been approved in any case...). Let's go bash some Ratzis!

The French Ninja Resistance fighter and a chef to boot!..

... Single-handedly defeats a squad of heavily armed Nazi stormtroopers, then turns to the blonde he's protecting & says,

"I also cook..."

::tongue ::wink

Ok, got a question for you all for my charcter background...

Since the US didn't officially enter the until Dec '41 and Barbarossa happened in Jun '41, I need to figure out how my character is there.

Here's my thought:

The Office of Strategic Services (OSS) Special Operations (SO) division did not officially begin until 1942. However, there's no reason to speculate that they may have been doing covert collaboration with the Brits prior to this point. So essentially, my character would be an American OSS/SO agent who has been working with the British Special Operations Executive (SOE) to set up a good working relationship when the US finally enters the war.

Comments?

Well, the simplest explaination would be that he's an American volunteer who's joined the British army (the British accepted quite a few of them before the Yanks officially joined the war). Whether he volunteered independantly, or as part of a larger plan to provide 'covert' aid to the Allies would be up to your background.

Either that, or he could 'officially' be classed as an 'observer', who just happens to end up in a little more of the action than he's supposed to.

Its worth noteing that the US had observers on both sides of the war from an early date (around the start of 1940), so having you on board is no problem, the other tip by ProfPotts works well too.

Asbjørn, the reason I dont wannt any characters from any other than the stated countrys is becous of the risk of infiltration. While the UK needs the support of the other nations on the approved list (exept the USA, whom I have included for my own mystic reasons, and yes, there is a reason ::ninja ) and therefor have to "put up" with there observers they can easily redirect any other "volunters".

Og så kan jeg komme med mystiske bannord og meldinger ingen andre forstår.

Jag förstår. ::tongue

But, I somehow like the ide of a norwegian and it kind ofish fits into my plans... Send me a draft and there might be a chance that I will approve it.

Im not making any promises though.

Throw me a PM if you need assistance, Prince. If you haven't solved the problems already, that is...

And Madcat:

How over the top do you want your game to be? Aliens? Time Travelling superheroes? Glacier-frozen Vikings?

Or just your average Indy-style tough guys?

As for Asbjorn: Something in between, feel free to make them a little over the top but not overly so. I know its hard to say, but consider the movie the league. Thats about the level I wannt it (try to limit the supernatural elements, not delet them, just limit them).

To Prince: Ask befor. I might allow some of them, but dont develop your character around the knack...

Tohoo: ok, no problem.

Well that and I think I already counted 8 players.. (does the math) ya.. 8 players...

*double-checks*

D'oh.......

Typical, I only start reading the other forums, get a hankering for Adventure, spot a game starting up (woohoo!!!), and then find out it's full..... Damn. ::angry

Ah well. ::biggrin

Double-d'oh!

As much as I love playing Bethany in Asbjorn's game, I was hoping for a chance to play Johnny Atomo again. Oh well, maybe they'll do D20 Living Adventure! at GenCon, and I'll just convert him.

At least this time I can start reading at the begining - don't know if I'll ever have the patience to wade thru all the QZ posts...

I've got my popcorn - let the excitement begin! ::fencers

Hi there Madcat.

I've posted the background off to you, Hope it's okay as i was a bit rushed when I wrote it.

I forgot about the free points in linguistics so i'll have to sort out that and the additional languages.

I hope the Gadget background i've submitted is okay, although initially i thought it slightly over powered so i have included suggestions for "roleplay" hinderances on it.

Enjoy

Can I ask which charecters have been accepted so far, and a brief overview. One of the things i've very found of in games is not having too many chars with clashing areas of expertise. Also It will allow some of us players to work a little back story into the game before hand so our chars wont be treating each other like complete strangers from the outset.

Cheers

Chieftain,

Waiting to hear if my background got approved, then I'll post. I agree, by the way, I always liked games where at least some of the characters had background together. If it goes through he'll have worked in the US Army, French Foreign Legion, and finally the Office of Strategic Services as a liaison with the British Special Operations Executive. So, there are at least some possible places for him to meet the others...

Archived