Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ: Nova Philes

Alex Green

Nova Philes:

I thought I’d start off and give rules that I think are close to what the book uses. Note that there are going to be exceptions and anomalies. For example, Core has a Strength of 6, even though he has M-Str 3 which can be pumped to 5, presumably this is because his Strength changed between the time the phile was written and the Character sheet was created.

In General:

1) All Ratings range from 1 (low) to 10 (high).

2) Divis has the only 10 in every category.

3) If something pumps (easily and at your command) then it should be included, after all it is there when you need it. Thus even though Divis may normally only walk around with Mega-Strength 3, it pumps to 8 when he arm wrestles.

4) All ratings cover a range (well, except for the “10”). Thus Mega-Strength 6 and 7 both are “9’s” even though one is much stronger than the other.

5) A number of powers add to multiple categories. For example: Mega-Strength can add to Strength and Offense.

6) There is a lot of subjectivity to all this and there is a lot of room for reasonable people to disagree.

Rating Levels: General (Strength and Intellect)

1: Less than baseline average. This is very rare for novas or even baselines. (1 or 0 dots)

2: Baseline average (2 dots)

3: Above baseline average (3 dots)

4: Far above baseline average (4 dots)

5: Baseline Max (5 dots)

6: Above Baseline Maximum (Mega-Stat 1 or 2)

7: Good for a Nova (Mega-Stat 3 or 4)

8: Normal Limit for Q5 Nova (Mega-Stat 5)

9: Above normal limit for Q5 (Mega-Stat 6 or 7)

10: Nova Maximum (Divis Mal)

The above table works with Strength and Intellect (Intelligence), although there is room for modification. Example: A nova with a two dot Int but who also has 5 dots in every Int skill is probably has an Intellect of 4.

The other four categories are much less defined and much more subjective.

Speed: In general, speed is a measure of how fast you are. This means reaction time and/or raw movement. Any nova with a movement power should have at least a 6.

Offense: How effective you are offensively in combat. For a quick guide, how many dice does someone do in ranged combat. As a rule of thumb, this rating can’t be more than two lower than a nova’s strength rating, and if the nova has a movement power it can’t be more than one less. Examples: With presumably 6 or 7 dots of Elemental Control: Light + Mastery (i.e. a 24[24] or 28[28] attack) Scripture has a 9. With a 42 die ranged attack, Core has a 8. With lots of Magnetic Manipulation, Skew has a 7.

Defense: Opposite of Offense. Normally this is a measure of raw soak, but lots of novas have special defenses (dodge, Density Decrease, etc). If your only defense is not getting hit, it is worth pointing out that with no effective body, Synapse has a 5. Multiple types of defenses do lend to a higher rating. With lots of soak (high 20’s to low 30’s) Core has a 7.

Versatility is a measure of how useful you are in a wide range of situations. Since the average baseline has a two, most novas have at least a three.

Example: Count Oraiz has 5’s in every stat, 6 mega-stats, great skills, and unreal connections, money, and influence. There are very few problems that he can’t fix with just a phone call. He has an 8.

Core is little more than a combat machine (although Mega-Strength does have a few other uses). But he also is a national icon and has a great deal of influence. He has a 5. (As only a combat machine, probably a 3 or 4).

Suite powers tend to give you at least a 5.

Ghost

Strength 3

Intellect 3

Speed 7

Offense 2

Defense 2

Versatility 7

[A little unsure on your offense guidelines, Alex. Do you mean Strength-2 maximum or minimum?]

Blaze

Strength 6

Intellect 3

Speed 6

Offense 6

Defense 6

Versatility 4

Do you really think backgrounds like contacts, resources and influence should affect the versatility rating? I don't think the target group for this information - the novaphiles - care much about how important people each nova have on their speed dial list. I think it would be better to base it purely on how varied their powers and abilities are. Megastats above 1, how many 'fields' their powers affect, and so on. DMD would get an extra point for being pretty smart, quantum imprint people would have a high rating by definition, Alloy would score low for only being big and strong, with maybe an extra point for his speed... Blaze would be low on that one, since he's only good for flying and frying things. ::confused

Link (aka, Ian Jacobs)

Strength: 2

Speed: 2

Intelligence: 6

Offense: 3

Defense: 2

Versatility: 7 (okay Alex.. I agree)

Ian may not be superman but he's flexible. I'd elaborate more but nobody has really seen it and until you do it's my special weaponry...

(edited Versatility, added Nova Name)

Let's pick on Ghost for a moment.

Ghost

Strength 3

Intellect 3

Speed 7

Offense 2

Defense 2

Versatility 7

Ghost is an instantanous teleport, and is backed up by a number of mega-stats. His Speed, Intellect, Strength, and Versatility look about right.

Defense: Ghost is almost impossible to hit, or fight on any terms but his own. He should have at least a 5 (but with out significant soak or another way to avoid damage that is all he has). A "2" would be baseline average (no soak, must stand there and take it).

Offense: His Strength is 3, that gives him at least a min of 2. Without any offensive combat powers (to my knowledge at the time of this writting ::halo ), he isn't going to have more than a 5 (baseline max without heavy weapons). On the other hand, he uses guns and uses them well. He obviously has lots of training, skill, and willingness to use them (meaning that he is far better than the man-off-the-street baseline). I would give him a 4.

Do you really think backgrounds like contacts, resources and influence should affect the versatility rating? I don't think the target group for this information - the novaphiles - care much about how important people each nova have on their speed dial list. I think it would be better to base it purely on how varied their powers and abilities are.
The problem is that lots of novas powers are social abilities. Count O is probably the best example. I would give him a versatility of 7 without his backgrounds, which means it would take a lot of background stuff to go higher. But he can easily summon up a team of terrorists on a moments notice (or lawyers, or spies, or reporters, or, or,). For the Count, his backgrounds are such a part of the character that I would include them. And anyone not including them is due for a surprise if you go up against him, especially since with his powers he will likely see you comming and be prepaired.

Defense:  Ghost is almost impossible to hit, or fight on any terms but his own.  He should have at least a 5 (but with out significant soak or another way to avoid damage that is all he has).  A "2" would be baseline average (no soak, must stand there and take it).

Offense: His Strength is 3, that gives him at least a min of 2.  Without any offensive combat powers (to my knowledge at the time of this writting  ::halo ), he isn't going to have more than a 5 (baseline max without heavy weapons).  On the other hand, he uses guns and uses them well.  He obviously has lots of training, skill, and willingness to use them (meaning that he is far better than the man-off-the-street baseline).  I would give him a 4.

Just goes to show that these two categories are the hardest to quantify, doesn't it? Regarding Offense, I don't think strength really matters much. Unless you've got Megastrength, you're gonna have to rely on something else to hurt people. Even with a strength of 5 you're not gonna be noticeably more dangerous than a guy with 3. In these cases I'd say skills and resources matter more.

Like in Ghost's case: How high his brawl total is or how much he can lift has nothing to do with how dangerous he is. The fact that he knows his way around weapons, and has more than enough resources to get his hands on whatever weapon he wants is a lot more important.

How about using half your skill total for best combat skill for us below the magic 6+ levels?

For example: Arnold has dex 3, firearms 5. Offense rating: (3+5)/2=4

In the spirit of getting people started actually writing things about thier characters here, I'm including a Nova Philes type power description here with Verse's stats.

Verse

Intellect: 6

Speed: 3

Offense: 7

Defense: 7

Versatility: 9

Powers:

Verse's powers revolve around his ability to directly control, channel, reshape, and mainpulate raw quantum forces. In addition to the aspects of this ability which enable him to interefere with other novas' quantum in various ways, he is also able to emulate, and sometimes even improve upon, almost any other nova's powers. Although the full extent of the 'vocabulary' of powers and abilities he is able to manifest is unknown, he has thus far demonstrated what even the most conservative estimate would call a large variety.

Edited to switch stats around to match everyone elses'

Thank you all.

Dark Matter Destroyer (Alex Green)

8 Strength

5 Intelligence

4 Speed

6 Offense

8 Defense

4 Versatility

Strength is obvious. Ditto Intelligence.

Speed: Although his speed is really good by baseline standards (even inhumanly good), all he can do is hoof it. He doesn't have any movement abilities at all, so I'll call that a 4.

Offense: All he has is strength and throwing things at people. Not having the ability to close with people is a significant problem, so he gets the worse case Strength -2 rating. A movement power would pump that to 7.

Defense: His soak is really good, and he has misc defenses that extend across multiple catagories. But he doesn't have mastery or anyway to avoid damage. An 8 (and it would take a lot to raise him to 9 but it could be done).

Versatility: Really good inside his chosen field, but his chosen field is very narrow. He is almost a one shot wonder. No dorm, can't pass for baseline, doesn't have a lot of social skills. His three mega-attributes don't do much to expand his versatility. He gets a strong 4. As always with the weaker numbers, it wouldn't take a lot to increase this rating. One social mega-att, one movement power, etc.

How about using half your skill total for best combat skill for us below the magic 6+ levels?

For example: Arnold has dex 3, firearms 5. Offense rating: (3+5)/2=4

The problem with that is two fold:

1) Str=2, Dex=5, Martial Arts = 5 => Offense rating: 5

Problem: He does 4 dice of bashing. I lean towards giving him a "3".

2) Dex = 5, Firearms = 5, Offense rating: 5 (max baseline).

Max baseline without heavy weapons is a highly trained and armed baseline elite solider. Not only are his skills the best of the best, but his tools are as well. Even people with this training don't typically walk around with this kind of gear, meaning that most "5"'s you run into will be novas (although Alex is currently dealing with a large number of 5 baselines).

Ghost typically uses hand guns. {Note that I'm using him as an example and making assumptions about his stats}. Yes, he has the skills, and sometimes he even has the gear, but that is very much the exception. Although perhaps inhumanly good with firearms, I lean to giving him a strong "4" because he is limited to his tools.

[sorry for butting in...]

What about someone like Iron Man? Or Reed Richards? Or even Forge? Basically, what if a nova's ability comes from an ability to manipulate/generate tools rather than even a small number of powers? Somewhat akin to mega-socials question, can the toys a character bring to the situation significantly affect his numbers, or even generate a second set of numbers?

This would apply even for heroes like Spidey, who, although powerful in their own right, can get even more powerful with the right tools (Spidey's web-slingers and chemistry/electronics background would definitely apply here). Basically, I'm looking at characters that have an advantage far above one that simply having the right guns and b-p vest. Would this add to offense, defense or just versatility?

Another question is: What about characters who have a noted ability to demoralize the mooks or rally their own troops? Obviously I'm thinking of Captain America, but even Cyclops or Bruce Banner would apply here. More than just mega-socials, how would these abilities translate? It's worth noting that these leadership abilities are definitely a factor (Cap has been included on a number of rosters simply because his leadership skill is a factor in and of itself). Anoither Versatility modifier maybe, but about a minor plus to Intelligence (Tactics use), Offensive (for adding to the ability to coordinate attacks) or Defensive (coordinating defenses), or even all three?

Going back to the mega-socials, why not add them depending on what they are. Those that disguise the character (such as Copy Cat) would add a +1 or +2 to Defense, whereas those that demoralize or hynotize the target add to Offense (such as Dreadful Mein). Those that expand abilities (such as Almost Live) or give you advantages to leadership should add to Versatility.

Just my two cents...

FR

Yup and as you say, they would add a bit to Versatility and Intelligence or wherever they make sense - you gotta remember though that Nova Philes are for exactly that - fan-boy collectables - that also happen to be a nice way to flesh out a world. they are very much based on what a character is seen doing - not on what others are seen doing for that character for cash.

Somewhat akin to mega-socials question, can the toys a character bring to the situation significantly affect his numbers, or even generate a second set of numbers?

For most of those cases, devices would add to versatility. In Iron Man's case, they would add to his Strength, Offense, & Defense. Most of this comes down to how often are the devices available and what affect do they have?

Since Spiderman (almost) always has his webshooters, they add to his offense, defense, and versatility.

However, "adding" to someone's score might not increase it. Spiderman has an incredible dodge, danger sense, and some mega-stamina. If we call that a defense of 6, then the web shooters change that from a weak 6 to a strong 6. The webshooters do increase his offense from 5 to 6 (I think. I haven't read Spiderman recently).

RE: Captain America and skills.

His social mods (etc) do add to his stats. But I doubt they increase them. Cap already is pretty versatile, and has great defenses. If DMD buys one more level of Armor, it won't increase him from 8 to 9.

RE: Cyclops and skills.

Cyclops is a one trick wonder. His skills add significantly to his versatility.

Going back to the mega-socials, why not add them depending on what they are.

We do.

...Those that disguise the character (such as Copy Cat) would add a +1 or +2 to Defense...

Copycat doesn't add to your Defense. Avoiding combat isn't a defense. It add to Versatility.

The question is, how much of an addition it is?

Copy cat (especially with Perform) can easily increase a 2 to a 6.

It is a lot harder to go from 7 to 8.

Thunderbolt

Strength: 6

Speed: 7

Intelligence: 3

Offense: 6

Versatility: 5

Speed: His speed is clearly at least a 6 based on his flight, I figured with a flight of 3 and mega-dex, 7 would be about right, however I'm open to suggestions.

Offense: Well, his primary attack is aerial slam (with immolation damage) with a mega-str addition. Wasn't sure exactly how to figure it, but tried to compare with other pc's (I'm fairly certain that Alloy can dish out more damage, and Lodestone can deal damage in an area effect).

Defense: Here, looking at the fact that he has mega-dex, armor, force field (when 'morphed) and electrical invulnerability. Definately not as good as DMD but I figure relatively impressive none the less.

Versatility: Well, gotta figure that flight makes you pretty versatile out of the shoot. And while his powers pretty much make him a one trick pony, he is a world-class art thief, and you never know when that might come in handy.

I'm definately looking for input, as this is the first game of Aberrant that I've ever played in, and am definately not as good at comparing various novas yet.

RE: Thunderbolt

Looks good to me.

Speed: Right on the money. Basic one dot flight is “6” right out of the box.

Offense: Your Str attack is pretty darn close to a ranged attack, and you have extras for versatility.

Defense: A combination of several types of defenses. Soak, not getting hit, and specific INV.

Versatility: Good movement power, Bodymorph, good skills, etc. You take a hit here because of your Taint (not that it actually changes your rating).

Note also that it might take a lot of work to increase either of your 6’s or 7’s. Not to say it can't be done, just that it might be hard.

[i wasn't really sure how much to write here, but since I don't have any cypher I figure the trading card manufacturers and media will be able to dig up at least this much... Unless being a DV employee automatically gives you a cypher rating, that is. So: Unless I buy some cypher later on, this is approximately what the cards would say when Vinnie becomes famous...]

The Ghost

Strength 3

Intellect 3

Speed 7

Offense 4

Defense 5

Versatility 7

Birth name: Vincenzo Gigante

Date of Birth: August 13th 1983

Place of Origin: New York City, USA

Powers: Little is known about this elite's powers, except that he is a teleporter, and is known to be using relatively standard weaponry in his missions. He is believed to be physically, mentally and socially beyond human levels, but there is no footage or documentation to support these claims.

Background: The Ghost is the grandson of Don Gino Genovese, the suspected head of one of the NY crime families. He himself has no record of criminal activity, and has been unavailable for comment about his involvement with organized crime. He does, however, use the mafia hitman stereotype in his work. His costume and mask is a tribute to the faceless, trenchcoatclad killer seen in every gangster movie of the last century.

Relatively unknown before he joined the DeVries agency, it remains to be seen if he will break with the anonymity his family seems to prefer or not.

Blaze

Strength 6

Intellect 3

Speed 6

Offense 6

Defense 6

Versatility 4

Birth Name: Nathan Wade

Date of Birth: May 21st 1988

Place of Origin: Illinois, USA

Powers: The name 'Blaze' says it all. His forcefield and plasmabolts light up the sky when in action, and his eyes glow even when relaxed. He can fly, and is faster and much stronger than any baseline human.

Background: Blaze erupted when he got caught in the crossfire between two battling novas, one of which had powers similar to Blaze's. Although this event did make the news, he wasn't in the public eye before the 'Manhattan Sunrise' incident, where he along with gravity-controlling celebrity Terry Nathanson and others fought the Dark Matter Destroyer and an unknown nova who trapped the whole city under a dome of fire.

After this incident he's been working for Masters International, presumably as a 'troubleshooter' since the company has experienced nova-related problems in the past. He was recently seen interrupting a nova fight that endangered several innocent bystanders in Ibiza airport. Experts disagree whether young Blaze's tendency to be at the right place at the right time is a masterfully executed PR-effort, or just a knack for heroism.

Derek Chalmers, aka Interface (aka The Beergod, aka The Barman ::wink)

Speed: 4

Defense: 5

Versatility: 6

Strength and speed are easy. Derek is a baseline with regards these two.

Intelligence: Derek is strong 6. MegaIntel 2, coupled with lots of Science, Computers, Medicine, and Engineering, plus Metal Prodigy: Engineering. As loathe as I to use the word "guarenteed", Derek is almost guarenteed to solve any engineering problem.

Offense: Derek has only demonstrated two powers in this area, manifestation of a cloud of acid (which seemed pretty damn nasty), and the molecular destruction of a piece of paper. In addition to that, Derek has managed to transform into Nerve Gas, Concrete, and (I think) Steel.

Defense: As standard, Derek is pretty vulnerable to anyone with a handgun. His nova physiology, plus his EuFibre does make him significantly tougher, but he's not going to be walking away from yer average quantuum bolt. Given that he can increase his defense with a thought, either by becoming the ground that he's walking on, or the air surrounding him, (or the Fireball engulfing him!), his defense jumps a fair bit. I would definitely not put him at a 6 (only a single dot in Matter Chameleon at the moment), but I'd say a strong 5 is fair.

Versatility: With the ability to make anything (even without materials to hand) in an incredibly short period of time (couple seconds), or become any material nearby, Derek's Strength, Offense, and Defense can fluctuate quite a bit (both up *and* down). Given time to reason things out, and make the appropriate tools for the job, I'd consider Derek quite versatile.

I don't think Derek would have that public a profile, due to being not-photogenic, and, well, shy.... ::wink.

Edit: increased versatility to a 6.

Edit: increased speed to 4 (walk across water, and through walls)

RE: Derek:

Defense: 5

I may be wrong, but I think you've underestimated Derek's stats. I'd give him a 7 Int, and a 7 Versatility... Just a thought.  ::bigsmile
RE: Int.

Mega-Int 8 is "10"

Mega-Int 6-7 is "9"

Mega-Int 5 is "8"

There has to be room for Mega-Int 3 & 4.

If we give him a "7" now, then what happens when he hits M-Int 3, or 4, or 5?

On the other hand, if he got "Boost(Int)" then he could claim an int of "8" (although this wouldn't increase his Versatility since it would all fall under Intelligence.

RE: Versatility

He can do anything with engineering, medicine, and physical objects. However, he can barely give or take a punch. His taint prevents him from running around unnoticed or talking a girl into bed. His movement power is very slow. His information gathering power is limited to physical objects.

Combat, social situations and mobility are pretty big gaps for a "7".

RE: Speed

I over looked this. Derek does have a movement power and he isn't the average baseline. He can walk on air or through walls. He maybe slow otherwise but those two little abilities have got to be worth at least a "4".

Terry Nathanson

Strength 3

Intellect 3

Speed 6

Offense 6

Defense 5

Versatility 6

Birth Name: Terry Nathanson

Date of Birth: February 15, 1982

Place of Origin: New York, USA

Powers: Terry has demonstrated control over gravity on numerous occasions ranging from dancing on the ceiling of a high-society charity bash (with lucky partner Susanne Chalmers) to the saving of passengers from a plane in the Ibiza Mephistofaleez v. Hog (available on N! pay-per-view!) airport brawl.

Background: Terry erupted while being shot out of an 8th story window while on the beat for the NYPD. Instead of falling "down" he fell "up" to orbit where he stayed for a few days until he learned how to control the gravitational forces keeping him in orbit. He has worked with NASA on a few occasions since as well as with Masters International. Terry Nathanson has become a household name since the Manhattan Sunrise scare as well as the Ibiza airport incident. His concern for people's well-being is well known though lately he has been seen dating known Teragen member Pathfinder in Tokyo.

Dark Matter Destroyer (Alex Green)

Strength: 8

Intelligence: 5

Speed: 4

Defense: 8

Versatility: 4

Birth Name: Alex Green

Date of Birth: October 21st 1984

Country of Origin: USA

Powers: Alex's primary ability is the power to transform into "Dark Matter". Alex is superhumanly strong, enduring, and resistant to injury, and transforming into the DMD multiplies these abilities considerably. Both forms can also manipulate Dark Matter in minor ways to form tools and such.

Background: Previous to his eruption, Alex was a chain smoking physics Grad student investigating dark matter for NYU. He erupted in his lab when he dropped a hammer on his foot during a blackout. Shortly afterwards he was captured by members of T2M, and then spent the next 4 months in a Project Utopia clinic. Less than a week after his release, he became involved in the 'Manhattan Sunrise' incident, where he fought an unknown nova who trapped the whole city under a dome of fire. He was heavily recruited by DeVries after he was observed to take minimal or no damage from being shot, stabbed, blown up, nerve gassed, and being hit by a power bolt that vaporized or liquefied much of a city block. Since joining DVNTS he has mainly worked in the Korean sector.

Dark Matter: Dark matter is a theoretically predicted substance that physicists believe balances the difference between the universe's observed mass and its gravitational pull. It is possible that 90% or more of the universe is made up of Dark Matter. Current theory says that Dark Matter is made up of Weakly Interacting Massive Particles ("WIMPs"). Even a small WIMP should be larger than a hydrogen atom (thus perhaps explaining DMD's increased size). These uncharged particles should not interact with conventional particles, or conventional forces (electricity, radiation, weak/strong force interactions etc), which makes it a little bazaar that quantum can manipulate WIMPs at all. There is no theory to predict what the macro-atomic properties of Dark Matter should be, and scientists at several research institutions regard Mr. Green's employment choice with horror.

I figured I would finish my file...And now we can see who has the best NOVA BACKGROUND EVER!!!111!1

Lodestone (Aka Andrew Brothers)

Strength - 2

Intellect - 6

Speed - 4

Offense - 7

Defense - 6

Versatility - 6

Powers: Andy has shown amazing powers in the use of magnetic fields. He has been known to be able to lift and even magnetically throw tanks. He has exibited enhanced stamina in more places then out in the field (*cough*). When in a more urban setting with metal withing his reach he has been known to start metallic tornatoes of death , and can even fly if he trys hard enough. Rumor has it he has super-social powers, but thoes are untrue as he dosent...he is just a really likable guy (right now ::devil )

Background:Everything was going ok in his life, he had a career as a translator pretty much in the bag. So-so love life (Serina is a fox ). Great friends...great (uninformed about certian aspects of his life) family.

Great oh-so-boring life, dontcha think? It was a nice...boring...life....Untill (damned untills!) one day when he was walking home from his first high profile interview at a local japanese factory. He was a happy boy! He walked past a large fence not noticing what was on the other side and then there was a *crack*...he looked up...and saw 4 large steel gerders (the steel beams that make up the frame of a building...you would have understood that but I cant spell). After a loud curse and throwing his arms up he heard some skidding and a crash as the beams were thrown into the base of the building frame. The rest of the building began to come down...and in a flash of inspiration Alex used his newfound powers to push the large construct to a safe place.

Alloy(Joseph Redfox)

Strength: 8

Intellect: 3

Speed: 6

Birth Name: Joseph Redfox

Date of Birth: March 27th, 1990

Powers: Alloy's most obvious power is his ability to transform into, well, an alloy. His body literally turns into an amalgam of different metals, such as iron, cobalt, and nickel, along with many others. When transformed, Alloy's physical height doubles, and his mass density increases dramatically. His metal form increases his strength, endurance, and resistance to injury to phenomenal levels; during his most recent mission, he hurled an attack helicopter the length of a military base, this after he was struck by one of the helicopters' air-to-surface missiles. Alloy has also demonstrated the ability to run at incredible speeds; his current maximum speed is unknown, though he has been clocked at over 200 kph.

Background: Joseph Redfox was born on a small Pauite reservation in the northern part of the state of Nevada. His parents were both killed in an automobile accident when he was very young, leaving Joe to be raised by his uncle Hank. Sadly, Uncle Hank was an alcoholic, and an angry one. Joe was frequently beaten, and therefore spent as much time as possible away from the tiny trailer he shared with Hank. One day, as Joe was down in an abandoned mine, the mine's entrance started to collapse. Desperate to escape, Joe erupted, and burst through through the massive boulders at a run. Realizing the potential for escaping his hellish life, he made his way cross-country to a Devries agency in New York, waiting only long enough to pass his 18th birthday before applying.

Verse

Intellect: 6

Speed: 3

Versatility: 9

Birth Name: Unknown

Date of Birth: Unknown

Powers: Verse's powers revolve around his ability to directly control, channel, reshape, and mainpulate raw quantum forces. In addition to the aspects of this ability which enable him to interefere with other novas' quantum in various ways, he is also able to emulate almost any other nova's powers. Displaying an uncommon ability to manipulate the eufiber suit which he wears at all times, it is speculated that this has something to due with the nature of his powers, although the exact relationships remain unknown.

Background: Little is known about this mysterious nova's origins. There is ample evidence, however, to indicate that he is orginally from the USA, and that he was recruited by DeVries after his involvement in the Manhattan Sunrise incident. There is some speculation that he may have some connection to the Teragen, although just how he may be connected to them remains a mystery, and Verse certainly isn't talking.

Well If Ian even HAD a nova Phile... He's not exactly advertised to many people what he is... It brings out uncomfortable questions..

Nova Name: Link

Offense: 3

Defense: 2

Versatility: 7

Birth Name: Publicly Unknown (Ian Jacobs)

Date of Birth: June 24th, 1984

Powers: Link's powers aren't as obvious or direct as your average nova, but are none the less just as effective. His abilities can allow him to disseminate down to the basics just about anything. And to a much more scary degree, he can use that information to assemble a strategy for any security related issue. He's also displayed a talent for reading people's mind, even finding them from thousands of miles away.

Background: Publicly Unknown (Ian's childhood story bears the signs of a conflicted youth. Not really left wanting for things, Ian pushed the limits all the way into high school where life caught up with him and he walked the straight path. His chosen profession however skirted on the side of the law as a security professional, because his job called for him to break into places. Despite being asked by many people, Ian refuses to disclose to anyone how he erupted exactly due to the sensitive nature of the incident.)

Nova Name: The Samurai

Speed: 6

Intellect: 4

Defense: 6

Birth Name: Guy Oshiro (Unpublished)

Date of Birth: 6 May 1988

Country of Origin: England

Powers: The Samurai's nova powers seem to be extensions of his martial arts training. He is quick, strong and resilient with the added ability to leap tall buildings and small towns in a single bound. What makes the Samurai dangerous is that his physical strengths are backed by expertese in kenjitsu, demolitions, engineering and soldiering.

Background: Few outside DVNTS know who the Samurai is. Those who do know that he was a young sapper in the British army assigned to mine and arms clearing duties in the middle east. The base at which he was stationed came under attack by a Nova called Iblis while Guy was checking the 'dangerous evidence' lockup. His eruption saved his life, but it was still many months before he awoke in a military hospital and opted for an honourable discharge from the army.

Thunderbolt

Intelligence: 3

Birth Name: Aaron

Date of Birth: Unknown

Powers:

Thunderbolt has exhibited superhuman strength, agility and resistance to physcal harm. His most obvious and signature power is his ability to turn into pure electricity. This affords him increased physical protection, as well as an electrifying touch. When Thunderbolt combines this with his ability to fly, it can't be too long before he brings the ThunderSlam™ down on someone.

Background:

Thunderbolt erupted while being totured by electric shock on a military base in North Korea. His eruption caught several elites employed by DeVries Nova Tactical Solutions by surprise as he burst from his underground prison and proceeded to destroy two NK attack helicopters. He was offered a job shortly thereafter. Little is known about Thunderbolt's past prior to his eruption and why he was a captive of the North Korean military. Rumors abound about this nova's past, but the most reliable seem to imply that he was a high paid thief prior to his current proffesion.

The Major

Strength 3

Intellect 7

Speed 2

Offence 5

Defence 3

Versatility 6

Birth name: Marc Xiang

Date of Birth: September 16th 1971

Place of Origin: Hong Kong, China

Powers: Much of the information regarding The Major comes from his time working as a tactical consultant for Project Utopia in Kashmir. During his time with Team2Morrow he was well know for his ability to rapidly plan and co-ordinate missions as well as motivate the troops fighting under him. Perhaps his greatest ability to see and apply the minimum force necessary to fulfil the goals often leading to bloodless victories as his opponents were out manoeuvred.

Background: If there is any one event that the British Government tries to Gloss over it is their failure to spot the eruption of a minor intelligence analyst after a fire at one of their barracks in South Wales. Receiving a medical Discharge for his injuries, it was not until he was referred to Project Utopia by his General Practitioner to gain help with his debilitating Headaches that his nature was discovered. He adopted his mask soon afterwards and has been a prominent member of the Military planning community ever since.

Tomahawk

Estimated Power Levels:

Strength: 7

Intellect: 2

Defense: 6

Versatility: 4

Birth Name: James Brightstar

Date of Birth: June 5th, 1980

Place of Origin: Michigan, USA

Powers: Tomahawk is strong enough to lift a fighter plane, can fly at speeds of up to 1,000 kph, can withstand the impact of an anti-tank missile, & has exceptional vision.

Background: Brought up in a travelling Mohawk community of 'high steel' workers, James followed his father & brothers into the trade. One day a sudden gust of wind toppled him from the skyscraper he was working on - only his eruption & newly found power of flight saved his life. Seeking help with his newfound powers at the New York Rashoud facility, James impressed the trainers with his dedication, & was soon offered a place in the T2M auxilliaries. Recently, Tomahawk has finsihed his probationary period, & become a full member of T2M-Am. Despite his wishes to avoid becoming a spokesperson for Native Americans & other minorities, it seems that Tomahawk often ends up in just such a role.

Archived