Trinity Universe: Holo Lives

knave

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One more point... sooner or later you guys will have to pick a name for the team  ::tongue

Rochester's Roughnecks!!

Doesn't quite roll of the tongue, does it? Of course, my first thought was the PIXIes... I don't know which is worse.

By the way, Knave: Thanks for the personnel file post. I'm a lot happier now!!

Doesn't quite roll of the tongue, does it? Of course, my first thought was the PIXIes... I don't know which is worse.

Rochester's Roughnecks!!

HooHa!

Or however you're supposed to spell it. (sorry - too american for me to spell ::tongue )

Of course, my first thought was the PIXIes... I don't know which is worse.

er... yes... ::confused

No worries... the whole thing was just a bit confused. ::tongue

In response to PM questions.

For those who have not specified, I'm assuming standard kit

>>>Standard Kit:<<<

1) All 2121 firearms come with a laser sight as a basic (no additional bonus on top of an ECS)

2) In addition to 15X zooming an ECS may operate in Low Light or IR or UV or Thermal mode. As far as I'm aware, IR and UV modes involve actually shining invisible light (to humans) and picking it back up, whereas thermal involves picking up temperature differences.

3) An ECS may connect to HudSpecs or HudContacts via a bodynet or (more reliably in combat) via cables.

>>><<<

I'm assuming that everyone is either connected to an ECS in this way and/or using IR/Lowlight goggles.

Unless you specifically asked for it beforehand, you have not got sonic imaging equipment. (which is probably non-standard enough to require AEon requisitioning)

--- to answer the second half of the PMed question, the visibility is pretty bad around the entrance of the tunnel because of the amount of dust from the explosion. Tiger's location is considerably clearer and presumably further in will be clearer still.

How about communication?

Since many, if not all, of us are wearing closed helmets and radios, all communication is through the comm, right? Does that mean we all hear what everybody says unless otherwise stated?

I assume our radios can transmit to just one receiver, and that that setting is voice-controlled. Meaning that if I start a message with "Harker." , that means the message is just for him, and the communication unit blocks all other receivers from reading it. What do you think?

Right guys... some mix ups happenning and its clearly me being used to this method of GMing that's to blame. My italicised comments for the clears are extended vision or psychometric vision where applicable. Please note - when these characters get flashes of things the vision may be out of sequence or contain two or more separate incidents. The point being that psychometry requires interpretation.

Right now Harker seems to be trying to shoot something in the next room over that he first needs to run across the room, climb up a steep path against a rock face and then run into the next room to do. ::confused

Also I thought I might share the full horror of my take on the Freeform Psi system with you guys. I think its a lot easier than their one.

1) Double Psi Pool

2) Covering modes. You can't do this. Having a skill of 5 in Pyro does NOT help you using Cryokinesis.

3) Base difficulty is always zero. Difficulty is added ONLY for effects that you do not have the power to create. So - want to create a Level 3 cryo effect and you have 0 cryo - you are at +3 difficulty.

4) Basic Level. As in their rules you start with a score in each relevant table as follows (1 at 1/2 dots, 2 at 3/4 dots, 3 at 5 dots, 4 at > 5 dots --> see 9)) Successes from your Psi roll may be placed into any table as desired. Also - see below for Extra Power and Less Power.

5) Extra Power You may buy extra points in any relevant table by spending psi points on a 1 for 1 basis. You may spend up to your skill in lowest of the relevant modes that you posses. You may also add a maximum of 1 additional point by spending a WP point.

6) Using Less Power If you chose to NOT spend extra power - ie you are not pushing yourself, you may buy down the cost of the power by using successes from your roll. The minimum is, of course, 0 Psi.

7) The power only works if the Psi roll succeeds

8) Mastering a power gives you plus 2 discretionary points to spend when using it.

9) Enhancing Bioware gives you its rating in additional points to spend, unless it specifies a specific mode, in which case it raises your basic rating in that mode, but only for the purposes of determining basic level.

Actually that raises an interesting point. I'm not too sure the order in which actions take place - is it always in the order they were posted? I thought it hadn't been so far (at least in combat), & that Knave was sorting out the initiative as he went along - but then again I get easily confused (what with all the Clairsentient visions I'm meant to ignore because my character gets told very little about them, & stuff like that...). ::confused

Either way, I was just kinda responding to Knave's last ST post, rather than presuming anyone else's actions would work, or that they'd get to 'go' before Hastings (or, more likely Taka... ::wink ) did.

Plus - shooting the guy who's making the Big Speech™ is just too tempting, even when it's in an alien language... ::sly

::alien ::m60

In any case - Hastings was never meant to be a commanding officer type - he was just lumped in that role because no-one else spent the dots on Status... ::rolleyes

Plus - shooting the guy who's making the Big Speech™ is just too tempting, even when it's in an alien language... 

It is TRADITIONAL to kill the big bad during the Rhetoric phase ::tongue

Either way, I was just kinda responding to Knave's last ST post, rather than presuming anyone else's actions would work, or that they'd get to 'go' before Hastings (or, more likely Taka...  ) did.

Yup - that's pretty much what I want. For the record: I am mostly rolling initiative with a bit of guesswork aroound the edges when characters do multiple or conflicting things or don't post, just to smooth things out. I will slow down my pace if you you guys like. I'm generally waiting for most everyone to post or at least catching the posts I missed, provided they're still relevant. If I'm missing something important, please PM me! ::cool

In any case - Hastings was never meant to be a commanding officer type - he was just lumped in that role because no-one else spent the dots on Status...

Nods... and it was pretty funny when the 'Who was in command' question came up. ::biggrin Though Taka does have an equal amount of status.

As for the Clear visions, it seems better to post them to the main forum - when I was PMing them they often lost their relevance (and some of them were quite long). This way, private clear queires can still be PMed or the clear can say, I warn the group if I see something relevant or dangerous - and I could incorporate that into my post, OR they can pick what to relate. It's better to have everything in one place too ::cool

... Taka recovers to see Hastings stagger backwards from the laser attack...

My character did what now? ::confused

I have no idea what's happened to Hastings - but Knave didn't post anything like that (I thought everything was obscured by smoke), unless this is info' via a PM or something. I hardly see a laser causing knockback in any case.

I'd quite like to know what happened to my character, but right now he could be dead for all I know...

In any case - very nice scene, Knave (at least from where I'm sitting) - thanks! ::thumbsup

Heh - cheers Prof ::smokin

I'll post a short clarification on the main thread, but your take on things is what I was going for.

What you guys have to remember is that the anti-chromie smoke is VERY VERY GOOD at stopping light and at trapping heat because natural chromie senses are as good if not better than the visual gear that you guys are packing.

Knave didn't post anything like that (I thought everything was obscured by smoke), unless this is info' via a PM or something. I hardly see a laser causing knockback in any case.
Blue laser light flash/hisses from the creature straight into the centre of Hastings’ chest…

I think "hissing blue laser light" is grounds for assumption of a laser, but to each his own. And I'm not talking knockback, but he's pretty likely to back off a bit from the thing that just shot him and is still blisteringly hot..

Nods... simple clarification of events - as I see everyone else seeing them, without trying to 'write them up'. ::biggrin

1) Doorway with glowing chromatic that is blinding everyone

2) Everyone but Hastings is struck by Telepathic attack. Caroline Hsu immediately absorbs / defends against the attack, allowing everyone to recover.

3) Hastings charges the chromatic in the 'doorway' - slowing down as he enters some sort of telekinetic barrier. His agent releases anti-chromatic smoke from various smoke grenades that he's had attached inside his reinforced clothing.

4) The group recovers to see a blue laser hit Hastings in the chest.

5) Smoke totally obscures the doorway, including Hastings and the Chromatic.

6) The group hears the sound of a dart gun firing.

7) --> Action! - You still can't see Hastings, or the chromie, or much of the doorway. So, what I believe Prof was disputing was

see Hastings stagger backwards from the laser attack...
which was the bit I didn't say.

What I wanted and still want you all to do is decide what to do now - quickly. Hastings is gone - apparently struck down and Caroline Hsu looks as if her will could give out any moment. Do you open fire with grenade launchers? Or do you press forward with clearsentient senses more cautiously...? I have some answers. If my writing was too crappy to make clear what was going on before, then hopefully this helps. I'll make my next ST post Saturday night - so add what you like till then ::thumbsup

::devilangel I'm a bastard when I gm ::devilangel

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding food I know I brought some glup (Pmed Knave what I was bringing along before the mission began...I really did bring plasma grenades to block off tunnels.. ::smile ) So at the least we have some food. Plus we could try some chrome meat... ::wink

Right now the main question is how we get there. Was there forest or at least some cover outside?

Each of you will have been issued with at least one glup pack, along with a field med kit. Being Spec. Ops. you may have decided not to take it. I'm happy to assume that you do have it.

There was no forest that you saw. The terrain below the mountain was basically a fractured badlands type of deal.

Anyone seen Umoja recently?

btw - I'm off to Australia for a couple of weeks from the 9th, and I'm not sure what my net connection will be like while I'm away. So - fair warning - expect a bit of a GM posting break from then till after Christmas.

• 1 month later...

Fair enough - it just seemed funny since 'humming' means either to make a sound or to smell bad - if it's not an oxymoron, then I guess it means that the blade just stinks! ::tongue ::laugh ::wink

Sorry - no offense or anything, just struck me as amusing, that's all. ::smile

• 2 weeks later...
Any more of this weather & it's brass monkey time for me, & the wife wouldn't like that one bit, I can tell you
God I need a good cup of tea. Earl Grey, with a Digestive on the side. No, sod it, a Chocolate HobNob - you know you've earnt it Robert, old bean...*

::smiley1 ::smiley1 ::smiley1

::thewave

::prof2

Why did he bring a screamer! Daniel mentally goes over how useless his pacifist weapon of extreme pacifism is right now. He stands up, and pulls his screamer out and aims it at the abberant as well.

Why DID he just bring a screamer knowing full well he was going on a hostile planet full of chromatics...?!?! Screamers don't even work on chromies... ::confused

You'd think he'd at least have picked up one of the chromies' bio-weapons or something by now...

Archived