Trinity Universe: Holo Lives

knave

"What the 'ell are you doing, mate? We going to wait around 'ere till a patrol finds this middle of nowhere neighbourhood and waste the evening writing reports about nothing?!? We're off duty, mate, and I want a beer. I'm not going to 'ang around 'ere for ages because of some stupid tourist who didn't read the guidebook properly."

Taka shrugs as though it doesn't matter to him.

"You're the one packing."

Taka replaces the computer.

In my experience, the reports don't take all evening, not with computer agents to assist. Then again, in my experience, the suspects don't walk. Not in Nippon. Maybe things are different here.

Struck by a wave of nostalgia, Taka looks around again, taking in the identically blue-clad toughs, and the clueless tourists, his usual dispassionate demeanor slightly diminished.

Different indeed.

"You people get lost, verstehen sie? Get back to your 'otel, or go see the bloody tower or something. I don't know how long we'll bother keeping these fellas here."

"Why keep them at all?"

Taka straightens up, tucking his identification back into his jacket pocket, and looks around at the thugs arrayed on the ground.

"I hear anything else happened, I come looking for you lot."

He straightens his jacket and, without further ado, leaves the scene and walks into the Queen's Beard for a drink.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Why keep them at all?"

Tiger glances at the tourists, hoping Taka's comment - if they heard it - speeds up their departure.

Taka straightens up, tucking his identification back into his jacket pocket, and looks around at the thugs arrayed on the ground.

"I hear anything else happened, I come looking for you lot."

He straightens his jacket and, without further ado, leaves the scene and walks into the Queen's Beard for a drink.

Tiger hangs around a minute or so making sure the tourists at least get a head start on the thugs before he joins Taka in the pub.

He grabs himself a beer and joins the asian at a table, placing himself so he can see the entrance and the football holo.

Catching Taka's eyes he mouths the words

"Better if nobody knows we were in Camden..."

Then he goes about watching the game and cheering for the appropriate team while having a pint or two.

Archived