Trinity Universe: The OOC posts of Sir Henry Morgan

Asbjørn

Anyway: We have two new players in the story, Codex and Nullifier. Does anybody else want to join in? If not, I'll be throwing the two of you in on one of my next posts.

I'm too lazy/busy to read everything in reasonable time. What I have read seems excellent though! ::thumbsup Since I jumped on Prof's directive game though I definitely won't have time for this. Thanks for asking. ::smile

Buggrit. ::lookaround I mean... woohoo!

The reason for this somewhat confused post is that I won't be able to post anything in this story or any of the others I'm involved in for a week or so - which is a bummer - because I'm off on my first trip abroad for ages tomorrow - which is way cool.

Prague, here I come...

As much as I hate to say it, I think I'm gonna pass on bringing Bethany back into the game - I'm having major problems staying current in the games I'm running and playing right now, and I think any extra games are just going to make it that much more difficult.

Bethany can either stay in her coma indefinitly, or quietly pass away, whichever you'd rather do, A. I'm bummed to admit it, but I think this is for the best... ::smiley4

And have fun in Prague, dude! ::smiley5

edit: It was pointed out to me that I did not allow for using Bethany as an NPC - please feel free to do so, with my blessing! ::blush ::tongue

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Asbjorn, I was going to have a post with the information you pm'd me a while ago but since then the amount of school work has increased and my due dates are all this week. Feel free to fill in the group wit what you told me as I won't be posting untill saturday at the earliest, again sorry for holding up the game.

Like Ms Morgan I'm not entirely sure how many people there are room for in/on an autogyro. The listing in the book says 2 passengers, but doesn't specify if that includes the driver or not.

The listing for a horse is 2, which in my opinion is pretty much the limit for those animals. Which in turn suggests that the number includes the driver. But the listing for a motorcycle is 1, which I find a little strange. What's the point of having a motorcycle if you can't have a passenger along with you...? ::halo

I'm gonna rule that the list is passengers in addition to the driver, and that the game designers are slightly mislead when it comes to horses. A horse can safely take only one extra passenger.

And the autogyro has room for David, Park and one more person.

An autogyro of the period was typically just a normal aeroplane body without the wings but with an unpowered rotor assembly for lift instead - usually there'd be four supports mounted to the body of the thing & pointed into a sort of pyramid shape above the passengers' heads, with the rotors on top. An autogyro couldn't hover, but could go very slowly without stalling (the aircraft's own forward motion was required for the rotors to turn & for lift to be maintained - the rotors didn't have any power of their own).

As such an autogyro can have as many passengers as the 'plane it's based on - although the ones I've seen from the time were all similar to two-seater bi-planes (one seat in front of the other) - open cockpit jobs.

As a matter of interest the London Metropolitan Police actually used at least one autogyro to observe traffic during the interwar years - police choppers aren't that new an idea after all!

Of course, more modern autogyros are things like 'Little Nelly' from the Bond film 'You Only Live Twice' - more like a mini-helicopter than a modified aeroplane - but that sort of thing would have been 'super-science' in the twenties.

*sound of incoming missile fire* ::wink

Please don't assume things like that. You don't know who Mr Saturday is, even if his story's written in the rule book. No fun in discovering secrets that aren't secret, you know... ::sly

As far as the Aeon society is concerned he's a mysterious caribbean crimelord who's flooding the southern united states with smuggled drugs and alcohol, and is rumoured to be a voodoo practitioner. The Miami chapter knows he's up to no good and that he does have more than a few 'black magic' tricks up his sleeve, but even they have no idea where he came from.

Edit your post, and I'll respond once that is done.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Any chance this game is still running? ::unsure  ::smile

Nope. It's definitely not 'still running'. But it might run again some time in the future. I've got too much going on at the moment to run two games, and Carbon Shadows has pretty much taken all my focus after I abandoned the Adventure! era.

I might take up the reins again around christmas or the start of next year - at the earliest - but at the moment it's dead in the water. Sorry.

But there's room in Trinity if you're interested... ::wink

Archived