Trinity Universe: The OOC posts of Sir Henry Morgan

Asbjørn

I have no idea when the term 'Native American' was coined. You may be right about it being a too modern term to use. However, I don't think it would be a KKK term. Those guys were more concerned with so called real americans. WASPs.

As for experience, I'm not sure, but I'll cross that bridge wen I reach it. It's way too early to be thinking about yet, anyway. Any suggestions? Prof?

• 2 weeks later...
(OOC: Damn haven't said grace in ages, can hardly remember how it goes.  pitty "Rubadub dub thanks for the grub", won't cut it)

I always liked Bart Simpsons' classic, "Dear Lord: we paid for this food, so thanks for nothing!" ::devil , but I doubt that'd go down too well in the '20's either! ::wink

Just to make sure I've got this correct, the following characters are guests on the Nausicaa, right?:

Mrs Victoria Morgan - wealthy widow who 'looks young for her age'

Tom King - Mrs Morgan's batsman

Sir Robert 'Roughneck' Hawkshaw - big fella' & nector to th' ladies... ::sly

David Harrington - linguist, swordsman, & Tom's 'nanny' ::wink

Cody 'Dash' Quill - technical genius (but not 'one-trick pony') who is unimpressed by Captain Park's mighty vessel ::tongue

• 2 weeks later...
You know... posting descriptions of the Nausicaa while listening to the music from 'The Hunt for Red October' feels pretty surreal....

"Watching Teletubbies while listening to Rob Zombie is a trip." -Leviathan from Aberrant.

This story is looking kickass, guys - let's see more violence! ::devil

Um...hello? Is there room to join this game?

I copied all the previous posts, but I haven't read them yet. I realize if you are all in fact on a boat, it might be hard to suddenly appear on deck and look like you belong there, but perhaps as a stowaway or be picked up on a liferaft? Yes, I am aware that these are both silly suggestions, but they are both pulpy, aren't they? ::bigsmile

I have a character sheet I can send to the approriate person for approval. If there's a better spot for me to be brought in at, I can wait a while, and if the game is currently closed, I respect that as well.

This is so cool, isn't it? Long live EON! Wheeee!

um.... actually we're in a sub. Talk to Asbjørn about joining the story. Maybe you can be a member of the crew.

Yeah, I noticed that.... Hmm.

Well, I'll wait to hear back from him; if he says no, that's fine. I've read up to the first three pages of posts, and it seems like you guys are having a good time - I'd hate to see a good story bent out of shape just so I could slip in a character in a silly and highly improbable way.

If all else fails, maybe some day I could fire up the old 'Game's Afoot' game again, and take it in a new direction. We shall see.

Well my character (Captain Park) owns the sub' (& the crew) - the only real criteria I set for crew-members was that they be subjects of the British Empire. ::sly

Asbjørn is handling the write-ups of any needed crew-members & has all the details, decides who plays, etc., naturally.

Personally I've no problems with you playing a crew member (can ya' follow orders m'lad?), or just another guest who came aboard earlier & hasn't been mentioned yet (maybe sea-sick in his cabin... ::wacko ). Or we could just pick up your guy along the way. The more the merrier IMHO - it's a big boat - but it'll depend on how many PCs Asbjørn's willing to be subjected to... ::devil

GAHHH!!!! I deleted TWO post in a row!! xdldkxdgjxdkljgjjfsjsefjkse!!!!!!! Gotta be a new record.

So she's a Yank journalist with a mysterious past, yadda yadda yadda, not gonna be part of the crew ::tongue

maybe a seesick guest, maybe found floating on her extensive collection of steamer trunks, what have you. Let me know Asbjørn, I'll send you her sheet for approval if you approve of me in the first place.

Asbj(strange "O" not on the keyboard)rn.

Is it my fault you guys only have a 26-letter alphabet? ::tongue

Actually, I'm used to people having problems with my name. I just don't care... ::wink Use a regular "O" if you can't be bothered to cut and paste.

Heritage: Yes, I'd love having more players aboard. PM me your ideas and we'll see how we can fit them in. If we end up putting you aboard as an earlier guest or one of the crew, we just have to clear things with th'Cap'n too. No Americans on the crew, I'm afraid... ::tongue

• 1 month later...

Since the History Follower doesn't check in as often as the rest of us, I'm gonna take the liberty of describing Dash's actions when the story hangs on him. Like right now, for example, it would be bloody stupid for me to send him a PM telling him what he finds about the chest and let the rest of you wait for him to come back online, share it and state his next action.

Sorry, History Follower, but that's the best way to keep things going, as far as I can see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Monster? I don't know what you're talking about... ::halo

Don't worry, if the 'monster' was anywhere near as dangerous as Barb, he'd probably just tear the whole sub to shreds. But of course, you don't have as advanced weapons as a certain future legionnaire...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bloody good question, that.

As I have told some of you in PMs, there are too few hours in the day, and too few days in the week. There may be too few weeks in a monthe and not enough months for the year as well, but I don't feel that in the same way as the hourshortage.

What am I saying? I'm saying I'm having trouble finding the time to do the storytelling I want to do. On the other hand, your characters deserve better than to be left frozen in time in a mexican standoff with an undead indian under the Caribbean, so I've decided to get my act together, though, and try again. Of course, if you don't think it's worth it I'll understand that too.

So, here we go again. If you think it's worth it, that is.... Sorry that it took this long to reach this conclusion and write this post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Ok.... I decided to try again. I fully understand if any of you want to bail out because of lack of time or stuff like that. If that's the case, your character just doesn't wake up yet... ::wink

It's also possible for new players to join in, either as newly inspired crewmembers or something completely different. The more the merrier, I've started to think.

I'd be interested...but I think I'm taking on too many games...

gneeeeee... ::wacko

k, I'll read through it soon, would it be too much to ask for a recap in a nutshell? Just so I have an idea of what kind of character to create. Though really I need to think about this, what with all games being active and all and I'm in pretty much all of them (except CC and QZ elites).

Excellent re-start post Asbjørn! The Cap'n may well awaken soon...

... a recap in a nutshell...

Group gathered to go find sunken treasure. Got to treasure via Captain Park's über-sub the Nausicaa. Fought underwater zombie for treasure. Brought treasure on-board sub. Forgot anything about any horror films ever seen & opened treasure. Old dead guy woke up & started killing people. PCs (& the entire Nausicaa crew) proved totally powerless against old dead guy. Weird light-show kicked off & PCs ended up in comas...

... & after breakfast... ::wink

Hello everyone!

My name is Codex, and I will be playing Desiree Roix, an Inspired Haitian-Creole woman with strong voodoo beliefs who is a member of the Aeon Society's Miami chapter. For those members who might know more about her, feel free to PM me and I'll pass on a bit more. Otherwise, look forward to meeting you all in-game!

IPB Image

Picture of Desiree for the curious. :)

Archived