Wayward

SnakeEyes

K... I know the WW forums are probably a better place for this, but, quite frankly, they scare me ::smiley4 . Has any one else noticed the reception people get? And why is there no EDIT button?

Any who. After cocking up what I meant to say on those forums, I've decided to condense it... Any tips to play a Wayward?

Be gentle...

Snake Eyes.

's ok. I didn't expect much. A wayward is one of the lost creeds of Hunter: The Reckoning. I'm sure I'll get on fine.

Different way of putting it... how would you play a psychopath (or sociopath as the americans put it)? I know how I would... but the player and the ST know me so well, it may become predictable ::confused ...

Sicerely,

Homer J. Simpson.

Sorry...

Snakeyes.

P.S. What's a flamer (dagnabbit, I'm still new to this)? ::blink

Um... A psychopath... not one from Bates Motel ::smile ...

Not Overt, and certainly not reclusive... and not a normal guy who chops up his family for no apparent reason. Let's see... Think of someone who's a psychopath for, or because of, their profession... I got a tip which was "Icy and calculating"...

Other than that, I'm not sure... just throw answers at me.

But not too hard. *Remembers 'Soft'Ball and flinches*

Ta.

SnakeEyes

1) Hey! Us Americans know the difference between a psychopath (kills individuals) versus sociopaths (kills big groups)! ::tongue

2) Best way to play one is someone who basically doesn't care that they kill. You grab a candy bar, you eat it, no remorse. They kill, it's just like getting a Value Meal or going to the park. (It's near lunch ::bigsmile ....)

Best Three Motivators:

a) Revenge (they go after people that are like those that nailed you at some point)

B) Thrill (it's better than sex! Either you live for the hunt or you're normal libido has been sublimated to your killing)

c) Profit (not necessarily money; you could just be a cannibal, you get power from those you kill, or if you kill enough, you become more powerful).

3) Some good movies: American Psycho I/II (you will never see Jackie in the same light after this movie...); Psycho IV (Bates' motivations are looked at), Friday the 13th II and IV, Fright Night (watch it for Evil Ed....the need to belong also works as a good motivator), and Nightmare on Elm Street III/V

And, um, HAVE FUN!

FR

Uhhh... so your saying the difference between a Psychopath and a Sociopath is when they were caught?

*mmmmm info alert... I hate it when I do this*

Actually, Sociopathy and Psychopathy are considered the same thing by those in the medical profession. And revenge is a terrible motivation for psychopaths (though not impossible) as revenge is righting wrongs through commiting wrongs, where as Psychopaths have never felt guilt, and sometimes the distortion of reality means they don't realise they are doing anything wrong... (the latter is often seen in kleptomaniacs).

AAAAAHH! Got it out. Knowing me half of that is probably wrong and mixed up with someother info in my useless head. Don't kill me.

But Thrill and profit are great, though unfortunately my character is a priest. His motivations would come from the schizophrenia he has developed over the years, and he believes the voice to be that of God.

Still, if I go back to my original hybrid hunter idea then profit would be fantastic...

Cheers Finbar... ::thumbsup

Any more ideas?

Hmm... that priest in Johnny Mnemonic comes to mind.. ::priest

My advice is to do it one of these two ways:

1. With God's help, the character has realized that the limits of the universe are his own perceptions, leading to the conclusion that since he can only percieve things that occur to him, he's the only real person in the universe, and everyone else is just an illusion. He therefore feels no remorse in killing them, even whimsically, or to further the slightest of his goals.

2. The character considers himself the messiah, the next incarnation of Jesus, or some such. As such, it is his duty to lead others to enlightenment, which is only possible through abandoning their flawed mortal body, through death or extreme pain (crucifixion, etc.).

1) Sorry...My freshman Science teacher, yeah, that's the ticket told me that...Actually, it's from an outdated book on child psychology (from the '60's!)....BTW, the difference isn't when you're caught, it's how many you kill at one time...Ergo, Jack the Ripper is a "psychopath" (because he liked to kill his victims one at a time), whereas Brainiac (who was going after worlds) is a sociopath (a combo of "socio" (society) and "psychopath")...If the words held the meaning I thought they did.... ::crazy

2) But...Revenge is great motivator...It's just a perspective thing...Who says there has to be some incredible passion/need for revenge? Why couldn't it be more subtle, more, well, bloodless?

Let's say there's someone who is completely obsessive-compulsive about the rules. Rules make life easier. Society is based on rules. Those who follow the rules belong to the society. Those who don' follow the rules don't belong to society. If you don't belong to society, the rules don't apply to you. If the rules don't apply to you, and you know this, then you won't follow them. If you don't follow them, you make my life harder. I want my life to be easier; who doesn't? If you're going to make my life harder, and the rules don't apply to you, then I am justified in eliminating you any way I please, right? I wonder if I can find a way to make you serve society...A warning to others, perhaps, or some medical reason...hmmm....

Or sees themselves as an avenger of sorts. I mean, if you transgress against me, then you are willing to do so against anyone. I can take care of myself; what would you do against someone who can't? Would you care? Would you rape or murder them? They need someone to defend them against you, which I can do, I will do. I can, by law, use equal force to defend myself or someone else; since you are going to kill them, that mean deadly force is acceptable.

Now, for a priest, throw in your choice of:

a) Divine backing (God Himself will defend me because of how well I serve His ends);

B) Divine forgiveness (God forgives the sins of his servants, and I am one of his most loyal servants, so He'll forgive anything I do, right?); or

c) Anti-priest (God needs some of us to be evil so that others may be good; I merely made my choice instead of it being made for me.)

A mind is a fun place to play....

FR

I see. When you put the words like that it makes sense.

What I meant when I said revenge was a terrible motivator for a psychopath, was that psychopathy is often a by-product of vengeance, as you are not a psychopath to begin with, but the need for revenge often results in the temporary loss of moral behaviour.

But then, I talk too much bollocks ::unsure .

A) would be the best one... mixed with the 'God Told Me To Do It' idea from Ayre el KaBeer.

Cheers the both of you ::thumbsup .

And phoenix.... I haven't watched that movie for a long time...

Wow... 1 is a bloody good idea ::smile . But, I'm not sure if it is right for my character. But I'll mull it over, and it might wiggle its way in.

Cheers. K... motivations seem ok... now actual quirks and characteristics?

SnakeEyes

Archived