Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

...and part of my character. Though she quit when she turned Nova (doesn't get her high anymore, and her powers *do*). Pre eruption, she was featured as cover-girl and feature article/interview for High Times magazine. The cover depicted her tastefully nude, covered only in Cannabis. The article talked about her support for legalization or at least decriminalization along the lines of the Dutch. Not only did she partake but finished med school by age 19 and is a world champ snowboarder.

Regarding it not being a performance enhancing drug, that may be true in the technical sense but I know many snowboarders who wouldn't dream of hitting the slopes before getting high. It adds to their experience and the ones who are my friends say it taps them into a "flow" and taps into their creativity.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sir, congrats, Sir! ::biggrin
Indeed! Good job Sir!
Possibly the strongest.
First of all, *VERY* impressive piece of art there! Ah... but I suspect that Pax would object to the word "the". ::sly You can lift around 200 tons, he can probably do 420 Million (although granted that's back of the evelope without seeing Prof's build of him).

First of all, *VERY* impressive piece of art there! Ah... but I suspect that Pax would object to the word "the". ::sly You can lift around 200 tons, he can probably do 420 Million (although granted that's back of the evelope without seeing Prof's build of him).

Two words Alex, two words: Lifter Enhancement.

This would, of course, be followed by another two words: Node Background.

Lorena can lift over 100,000 tons.

Edit: Oh yeah! Thanks for the compliment!

Ok, I went and edited the novaphile so that it doesn't say anything about her possibly being the strongest anymore. Though I had already considered the distinct possibility that there were other novas (including Pax) who were probably as strong or stronger, after I posted the above I got to thinking about what Alex said about Pax objecting to my wording. And considering how Pax is portrayed in the books, this is actually a really good point. Even if he isn't stronger than Lorena (and he probably is), chances are good he wouldn't react too well to a Utopia-produced novaphile implying that he's weaker than some auxiliary member.

So good call Alex.

Wow! Amazing art Cottus! ::blink ::biggrin

And good call on the whole Pax thing Alex... yes, the man has ego 'issues'... ::sly Besides Pax, however (& possibly Mal, but he doesn't show off the muscles as much - just dresses in outlandish pseudo-Egyptian garb... ::rolleyes ) Lorena may well be the next strongest Nova on the planet.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it was one of those weeks at work. On the plus side, I was promoted to Major this last Wednesday, so I should be getting a bit more money to play with ::cool .

Congrats on the promotion to O-4; may you enjoy your new pay grade!

*Tickinng? I didn't notice... Maybe. One second. Maybe I show you?*

Floating invisibly above the bomb Haunt turns inward - visualising the connection between himself and Bridger as a fine silver thread similar to the one connecting him to his own flesh body. Then, focussing on the image of the bomb, and his perceptions of it (spatial and otherwise), he pushes these images gently along the the thread.

Finally, listening carefully, he pushes his shimmering astral head through the bomb's casing to take a look inside - and passing these perceptions along as well...

*Pretty kool, huh?*

Hey Prof, How much of that do I get? The book is more than a little unclear on this point.

Yes, I know Blaze is out of it, but I figured a little comment wouldn't hurt...

And by the way.. Why, oh why do I never learn?!? Leaving body imprints in rock and tarmac seems to be becoming a habit for Nate.

Oh, well... Guess I've got good enough excuses to buy more soak if I go on like this... ::rolleyes

Psychic Link is basically talking, plus some general impressions (enough to, say, target a Warp) - but no, you can't 'see through his eyes' or anything like that.

True, but Haunt can give him a memory using Telepathy can't he?

True, but Haunt can give him a memory using Telepathy can't he?
He can, but this isn't Telepathy, it's a distant cousin.

Basically the Prof is saying that I *can't* use it to probe or anything, even if you want to let me.

EDIT: Wait, you're saying that you're a telepath? A real telepath?

You need to play to your strengths. Use flight to stay out of his reach and attack at range. You have a big fire blast, right?

::biggrin

I know that, Alex. It just seems to slip Nate's mind now and then.. Goes with the reckless Thrillseeker territory. But yes, he'll be getting a taste of Blaze's plasma bolts pretty soon.

He can, but this isn't Telepathy, it's a distant cousin.

Basically the Prof is saying that I *can't* use it to probe or anything, even if you want to let me.

EDIT: Wait, you're saying that you're a telepath? A real telepath?

Yup. ::tongue

You've established the link and likely aren't resisting so it should be a piece of cake to give you the memory.

Sorry, but you may have noticed that Pyotr is a complete geek and is by design intensely bad at expressing anything other than ise cracks. Sort of a Russian Hiro Nakamura. His powers sort of blend into one ability - he astrally projects and is able to speak (telepathy) and interact (TK) at a mundane level, but it's not a power suite, so I presume he can do things like attach astral cords to people and 'speak' to them even when they're not at his perceived location. Prof?

you are using distance scan ESP for the Astral Projection too yeah? His body still stays though right so its not a desolid/transmit kinda thing, or is it?

I speculated about how his powers worked early on because I admired how ell you use the "special effects" to "hide" the mechanical powers...

you are using distance scan ESP for the Astral Projection too yeah? His body still stays though right so its not a desolid/transmit kinda thing, or is it?

I speculated about how his powers worked early on because I admired how ell you use the "special effects" to "hide" the mechanical powers...

Yeah, thanks :) it's ESP distant scan - his body stays still, but faded (taint effect) - but he can reverse the process too (teleport) - his real body fades out completely and astral body fills in.

Can't take (all) the credit really. I came up with the concept and wrote his eruption story and asked prof if it was possible within the rules and he came up with the crunchy numbers.

Haunt is not tough for a Nova, but it would be very hard to think up a better scout or spy concept.

Yes. This is one Prof game that doesn't compel me to play in it, but the jobber stuff has been very interesting to read.

If only there was some way I could communicate my approval... perhaps through a graphical representation of an everyday gesture of good cheer...

Ah yes. ::thumbup

End of Masters + work overlapping til I finish my _____ paper. That's why I haven't posted in QZ yet, don't want to post a two liner like in the other games I've posted...Should be done by the end of august.

P.S. Due to my new job (regulatory law & policy department of a major canadian telco) I actually care about yesterdays canadian cabinet shuffle... ::blink

Times change. ::tongue

I'm alive! I'm still ill but I have made it through the worst of this sequence of disease, I didn't realise working in a school and living with two children was going to expose me to so much plague but I'm happy to say I can hear in my right again (not at good as before unfortunately).

Going to try to get a post out today, it's a slow day at work the servers report no serious error and all the toner has been changed so I might have time to catch up on QZ while I wait for a hysterical teacher to tell me how her children "didn't" install limewire and downloaded 43,673 virus' on a department of education laptop for the umpteenth time this year.

I say again, I live!

• 1 month later...

What the? ::confused Where'd my Will post go?

Yet another apology (getting old I know) but with illness, works little kick in the rear whenever someone can't get onto non-work related sites. Not to mention my engagement to a great gal and the disaproval of my entire family (they actually like her it's me they have issue with ::huh ) they don't like that I've chosen someone of asian decent as they're so old school that they can't look past their ideal of marrying someone from the next village... I live in AUS there are no villages left! ::tongue

Yep! Welcome back, and what post do you mean? Of course a lotta good being back will do you in this forum considering Pott's is gone again (I blame myself...)

Oh and congrats on your engagement...and shame on your family! Asian women are hot! ::what

Archived