Trinity Universe: Trinity game anyone?

Mr_Grimm

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup! We are all kinda wacho, aren't we ::crazy ::laugh

This is bound to be fun. ::biggrin

Mr. Grimm - I have mailed you my character, complete with stats and background. I am going scuba-diving in Sweden tomorrow, and won't be back online until Sunday evening.

Don't start without me, y'hear.

Tempting as it is, you'll have to count me out, Mr Grimm. I'm already involved in two stories (well, two characters in the same story...), and somehow I got the crazy idea of starting a story of my own...

I just don't have time. So have fun without me!

::hehe OMG! What am I getting myself into! You all are a bunch of morons! I like you already ::biggrin  ::biggrin  ::biggrin  ::biggrin  ::biggrin

Morons eh,

Anyway all - I'm reviewing Phoenix and Jace's characters now, so the rest of you send me a character so I can work out some fine tuning to the adventure.

I would like to get started next week - the dates I have here are the 6-10th of June as I have some time of work. How does this sound to everyone - is there any issues with that?

Ian

Morons eh,

Anyway all - I'm reviewing Phoenix and Jace's characters now, so the rest of you send me a character so I can work out some fine tuning to the adventure.

I would like to get started next week - the dates I have here are the 6-10th of June as I have some time of work. How does this sound to everyone - is there any issues with that?

Ian

::hehe OMG! What am I getting myself into! You all are a bunch of morons! I like you already ::biggrin  ::biggrin  ::biggrin  ::biggrin  ::biggrin

Sorry - there was supposed to be a joke in the above post but I did somehting bad - I'll check my posts form now on before posting them.

The joke was;

Morons eh,

SOUND OF ELEPHANT CANNON BEING PRIMED AND FIRED

Tempting as it is, you'll have to count me out, Mr Grimm. I'm already involved in two stories (well, two characters in the same story...), and somehow I got the crazy idea of starting a story of my own...

I just don't have time. So have fun without me!

Sorry to see you go Asbjorn - ::smiley4

Oh well - I'll see who else wants to play and go from there.

Ian

Hey Phoneix,

Name of adventure = the hardest thing about writing an adventure.

Seriously though, I'll have one soon - I've got the skeleton of the adventure down, just adding the meat now. Once I get that sorted I'll try and come up with something appropriate.

ian

I'm fleshing out my character now. Right now I don't have internet at home, but I have had a situation come up that I may not be at work for about a week and therefore little to no net access. I don't know when it will start, but will start probably in the next 10 days. You can either start without me and add me later, start with me and the GM can control my character until I get back, or if need be I can be excluded all together. I will understand if that is how you feel and no hard feelings would be had. Let me know how you want to handle it, and in the mean time I'll finish up my Clear :)

Ian

Grimm, have you recived my character?

I will be running a real-life game for my friends, who live in another city, on the 6-9th, so I will be away from my computer. I should be able to make a few posts using my friends computer, but I will be hard pressed to commit to a game full-time.

Have anyone got the time-zones figured out yet? If we are going to play while everyone is online at the same time, some of us are going to be up pretty late. As far as I can se, we have Denmark, Australia and the US represented.

Hi All,

Finally found my copy of America Offline, so I'm finallising the geogrpahical details, and such, for the adventure.

Thanks for your continued interest everyone. Kimi and Jace - I'll kick off the game around the 10th with a new post and lead in - if you are around then throw in a post or 2 and if not, I'll throw in some "join game" highlights so you can join in smoothly later.

Jace - got your character, looks ok, but I'm just checking up on the latency rules for blanks - I have not made one before as a player or NPC so I need to familiarise myself with them again - I had a feeling you coudl not spend points on PSI straight up, but I'll let you know - Background is great though - love it!

Fingers crossed I'll have a name for the game soon as well.

If anyone wants to do any pre-game reading - I recommend familiarising yourself with FSA laws as they regard your character (citizen or not, psion or not) and a general understanding of major areas in the USA (Blight, texmex, especially)

OK - I'll check back again soon to see what you all have to say,

Ian

Hi Grimm,

I used the rules for creating latents from the Players Guide (page 86). They say, that latents calculate psi as a normal psion. Of course, I will not be able to actually DO anything with it.

Reading the rules again, i notice, that I have mixed up the rules for creating normals and latents and spendt too many bonuspoints (21 instead of only 15). Feel free to make adjustments, or I can tell you which stats to lower.

HI Bahamut,

Yep - send me the character today or tomorrow if you can. I'll be opening the adventure forum soon.

Hi everyone else - I've finallised the length of the advenutre - 4 chapters - and I'm still working on a name - working title is "a spider in the web of the totality" - but it's a bit long

Ian

Hi All,

I'm reviewing Bahamuts character now, but otherwise I am ready to go with the adventure. I've got a weekend coming up so if I get Bahamuts character worked out in the next couple of days then I'll start the adventure post and we can start to game.

Thanks again everyone for your interest - hope you enjoy the game.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that, Kimi.

To those remaining in the game (Ian, Bahamut, Ayre, & Jace), I'm going to be absent for some time as well. I'll be going on a bike trip up in Nova Scotia from June 29 to July 17, then leaving for North Carolina from the 19th to the 26th. When I get back from that, I'll join the game (and plunge back into the fray of Quantum Zero). I PMed Ian with this about a week ago, but I haven't seen him around lately either..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since there hasn't been any movement on this thread for a while, I've been toying with the idea of starting a Trinity game. Now, it's probably just my insanity ::crazy talking, what with the two QZ threads & all, but I've got a few ideas kicking around the ol' noggin' - I'll run some basic ideas past you all & see what (if anything) you think:

First up - my Trinity collection (unlike my Aberrant collection) is rather limited, so no fancy stuff from all those order-type books that I don't own! ::wink The core book, PG, Tech Manual, & 'porter book are it, I'm afraid.

Next, I'd probably want to go with the freeform rules for Psi from the PG. Other PG rules (extra Abilities, more powerful neturals, combat specialities) would also be used.

The starting setting would be a reception onboard a newly commissioned Jumpship - with VIPs (including Qin) & media, as well as the ship's crew. As such, many different character types would be available for play - if they had a good reason to be at the reception. No Chibs or 'porters, thanks very much ::wink . Neutrals or Psions are welcome. The ship will include fighters & VARGs in it's bays, if anyone's interested in those directions, as well as requiring Psion & neutral crew-members both. Media types, representatives of governments & other interested parties, or even espionage types, could all be at the reception for one reason or another.

That's the basic concept, so any ideas / questions / comments? ::lookaround

One big question, for me anyway, prolly not all that important to most others... Are you starting it in between now and a month?

Ok now Big question for everybody, freeform or standard rules?

What the hell here are a couple more...

Beginning characters?

What device cost are you charging for said VARG's (all my current players use them in my game, I'd love to have a go with one), and which models will you allow?

Check out the downloadable tech list on this site, it has the listings for all the Trinity official tech with stats for most that are 'safe' for GM's to implement in a game.

P.S. If you need descriptions of said tech I'd be happy to run down most of them, I don't have Alien encounter: Deception, Darkness revealed: decent into darkness, ascent into light, and Aurora Australis but I've commited the tech to memory for my legion player.

No idea when I'd start - I guess it'd depend on if anyone's interested or not.

Freeform Psi rules.

Starting level characters, yes.

Access to a standard (unmodified) VARG of most models costs 3 dots of Device (TPG p.107) - more advanced or modified versions would cost more. A quick rule-of-thumb would be to deduct 3 from the VARG in question's cost (in Resource dots), although keep in mind that the character in question wouldn't actually 'own' the VARG, rather, they'd have access / have it officially assigned to them. Any model from the Tech manual would be ok by me (although that funky multi-pilot thing may be a bit much).

I think I'll stick to the tech' in the books I've got - there's plenty enough to cover most needs, thanks all the same. ::thumbsup

A quick rule-of-thumb would be to deduct 3 from the VARG in question's cost (in Resource dots),

Unfortunately none of the millitary VARG's has a price tag, all are "Not Available Commercially". Even so I'd say that none of the characters would be able to afford them unless they were opting to have the Rhienmetal, since the Chameleons cost is 6, I'd assume the rest would start at 7 or 8, don't know of too many millionaire Legionaires.

LOL ::biggrin We should rename this to "How to buy a tank, for Dummies!"

Im in. You should know I am instinctivley;D.

I think im going to remake the char I was going to play before to a better consept (I have now officially ready a good quarter of the TPG and I knwo what the world is like better now).

Hmmm...I dont have the tech manual though...

Ayre...since I plan to make a mechanic/pilot of all trades type character...can I PM you for help in finding if one is for me? I promice I wont give you a cake on your next birthday if you do ;D

Wow - quite a bit of interest then?... ::crazy

Ok, cool. ::thumbsup ::cool

Couple of points - VARG-wise, any of the basic VARGs from the Tech manual are available for three dots of resources (as mentioned before the character is 'assigned' the machine, rather than actually 'owning' it, so millionaire status isn't required - just Backing by the right people ::wink ). 'Bells & whistles' cost a little extra (e.g. the Armour Sculpt bioapp for the Chameleon, or a Flight System, etc.).

To the 'no Chips, no 'porters' list I guess I should have added: no Superiors, no Daredevils, no Edenite Novas, no Vampires, no Kinfolk-Ghoul-Skindancer-Sorcerer-Mage-Wraiths, etc., etc.. Just Psions & neutrals please (pretty please... ::halo ). I have my reasons.

Also, no Merits & Flaws, with one exception (kinda') - I'll allow Psion characters to buy a sixth dot in an Attribute for 8 Bonus points (or later in play for 30 XP) - if they already have the standard 5 dots, obviously. This reflects the genetic potential unlocked by being 'dunked' (based on the 'Exceptional Potential' Merit in the TPG).

I'm extremely tempted to join but don't have the TPG, meaning I have no way to learn Freeform Psi.. maybe I could play the neutral agent I had prepared for Come Into My Parlor?

Neutral characters are very welcome. However, if you want to play a Psion then having the actual freeform rules isn't strictly necessary - like in QZ I'll be making all the rolls & stuff, so you just need a basic understanding of what each level of a Mode can do & to describe what your character is attempting. Freeform has a few more changes from the basic Psi rules (like the ability to attempt to use all your Modes at a level as high as your highest Mode within that Aptitude, & the ability to create 'combo' Psi-effects & the like), but description is really the key. It's kinda' like a less-insane version of the Mage magic rules. I'm sure others around here could explain it better than me. On the other hand, I'd really like some neutral PCs too ::wink .

How long will the reception last?

I don't know - I'm only the ST! Seriously, depending on the characters people submit I'll be fleshing out the story in various different ways. The reception is just a conveniant way to get any number of diverse characters together in one place. If everyone submits, for example, VARG pilot concepts, then the direction of the story will be a little different than if everyone submits political manipulator concepts.

I want in as well. If I can't find me copy of AsiaAscendent, I'm planning on playing a Norca agent. I'll send you the relevant info when it's ready.

Cool. Feel free to send me character ideas, or even full characters (with a breakdown of where the bonus points went please) any time. PM only I'm afraid, since my E-Mail is dead right now.

. However, if you want to play a Psion then having the actual freeform rules isn't strictly necessary - like in QZ I'll be making all the rolls & stuff, so you just need a basic understanding of what each level of a Mode can do & to describe what your character is attempting.

Hmm.. That sounds good (I shoulda bought the TPG when I had the chance). I'll have to think about what kind of character I want to play..

Though overall I think the freeform rules are awesome but can cause a few problems. The biggest downside to it is that it causes far too much min-maxing from the players since their capabilty is based on their highest apptitude mode, you start to see too many people taking 4's and 5's to start with in a single mode. This would be fine if they were planning to play a character with a dysfunction but that rarely happens. Another gripe I have which is quite small but I think worth mentioning is that it makes the lower level powers alittle expensive to use anywhere near as much as you would under main rules...

This was just a heads up Prof, not me trying to change your mind on the rules... Not that I think I could do that anyway.

As for character maybe ex-VARG pilot would leave me some versatility with the character, maybe...

Archived