Just saw The Martix Reloaded. . .

Defender

Def! Me too! I actually went with two friends of mine who are really hard-core fans - they went to see it before me at midnight the day before it came out (well, technically the day it came out.. you know what I mean). They came to school dressed as Trinity and Switch and they actually said that it sucked. Then we went that evening, and I loved it! They actually said that they were as impressed as I was the second time.. just a side effect of being tired, I guess.

But yeah, it was the best action movie I've ever seen! I realize I said that about X2.. this is better. Everyone has to see it! The virus twins are incredibly cool and British!

Am quite jealous! I have to wait a week to see it! ::angry

Reassure me about something though - does Morpheus (qsp?) get to do loads of cool stuff in the movie? I'm kinda worried he's gonna get left out. He's obviously the coolest character!

Thanks!

Jealous Chloe

Chloe, Morpheus is the -man-. He easily does one of the coolest things in the midst of the film. He kicks so much ass it's scary. And he's cool as glacial ice. Neo may be Superman, but Morpheus is Batman and Batman is hellaciously cool in his own right. ::tongue

I'll admit I did have few minor nits to pick. Some scenes seemed a little long and the ending was just so abrupt I literally exclaimed " That's it?! " But still, it was just so cool. The revelations from this thing literally left my head spinning. I went out and bought Enter the Matrix for Ps2 and I'm snatching up the Animatrix upon it's release June 3. I've -got- to figure out what it all means.

Well, I do know what it means actually. There is no spoon. ::cool

-Def.

I hate to say it but to really get everything in the Matrix & Reloaded involves a philosophy course or 2. One of the brothers is a philosphy nut & it shows.

The Matrix quotes DeCarte, the plot is modern version of Plato's cave, & let's not even get into the Oracle. By the way an interesting tidbit is that the term the One is a straight ripoff from Neo-platonic stuff. All & all it really is pushing Rationalist philosophy.

Now the Matrix Reloaded deals with Empiricm (the Merovingian's causulity monologue sounds a lot like Hume), it also gets heavily into determinism, as well as buddhist & confuscian/taoist thought.

The movie RAWKS!!!!!! I will it is a much more mature movie & getting to its terms beyond the eye candy takes more work.

I think one of my favorite ironies of the movie & I have several, is Agent Smith. He bcame what he condemned: a virus.

It was pretty good, it's weird when the fights in a movie are the borring bits though and I did find myself thinking 'BullS**t' at alot of it but it was very enjoyable... November untill we see the end of it, as for the animatrix the flight of osiris rocks!

My favorite line is still "Mr. Anderson". ::thumbsup

This is much more scary to those of you are British - the same twins were actually handymen on Carol Vorderman's "Better Homes".

I'm sure if you find them scary in the movie, imagining them saying something like "With a bit of MDF it'll stay up all right" will assuage a lot of it. ::smiley1

The twins were incredibly cool. I loved the part where one is holding the portal door open and Morpheus is shooting the crap out of his arm (didn't have Morpheus pegged as a gambler.. hee hee, get it? shooting craps?) and he just turns to his twin and says, "Could we move along?"

You have a point, it was a little forced. I still consider the Matrix saga so far to be the best movies I've ever seen. And I hope you're right about the Matrix Revolution being even better- I am definitely dressing up for the next one.

i actually prefered X2 i think, this movie did feel forced to me as well (saw it opening day, been busy since then) it seemed like they were trying to stuff a bit too much into it and hoping no one would notice. still, a very good movie though...

I admire the hell out of the Wachowski brothers for creating an action-adventure franchise with some depth to it. I love The Matrix, enjoyed The Matrix Reloaded and look forward to Animatrix. Heck, I even enjoy Enter the Matrix, the video game written and directed by the Wachowskis. I'm no heretic. ::tongue

-Defender.

I can't stand it any longer!?! When do I get to see it!?! ::angry

::biggrin

Thanks for filling me in re: Morpheus. I can't take the suspense! PM me if you don't want to post a spoiler here, but I NEED to know more about those bizarre vampire dudes! I've been playing the game (doing okay) and would love to know what is going on with them! Argh!

Chloe

One of Agent Smith's coolest lines is when he drops in on the 2 resistance fighters trying to get the Oracle's message to Neo. One gets away & the other says, "Oh God," & Smith replies "Smith will do".

::devil I luv his evil butt lol

One of Agent Smith's coolest lines is when he drops in on the 2 resistance fighters trying to get the Oracle's message to Neo. One gets away & the other says, \"Oh God,\" & Smith replies \"Smith will do\".

Oh, that's excellent! I missed the first part, I just heard \"Smith will do\" and laughter from the others in the theatre. That's hilarious.

One of my favorite Smith lines is when the other agent comes up to him and recognizes him, saying, \"It's you.\"

Smith shoves his hand in and turns him into a Smith clone, saying, \"Yes, it's me. Me, me, me...\"

And the second Smith looks up and says, \"Me too.\"

I love Smith. There's just something about his drawling voice.

I'm conflicted about having such affection for such a bastard as Smith. . .but he's just so much -fun-.

Come to the dark side Def, you can't resist forever. ::devil

Smith is cool. I spent most of Lord of the Rings waiting for Elrond to say something like; "Tell me Mr Frodo. What good is the one ring if you have no fingers?"

Oh, but the game is frustrating isn't it Chloe? It's making me crazy over here, but I must unlock more bonus footage!

I like the game, it's a little simple for my tastes but it's great fun. Am doing okay with Naiobe but got stuck with Ghost really quickly. Any advice on how to do that bit when you have to chase the plane without losing sight of it? The bonus movie footage is really great although a little spoilled in places by bad extras who can't act. Watch the two dudes who nick the key off Niobe and Ghost - they should be in panto!

Chloe

Archived