Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero - Elites

ProfPotts

\"Wot? 'ard? Bloody'ell! 'ard is bleedin' tough mate - like bloomin' Pax or 'Phil' on East Enders.\"

[Hah! Phil'd kick Pax's ass any day of the week!  ]

((You guys know eastenders?!?!?!?!!! I am never leaviong this message board ever again...))

Andy basks in this environment. Hmmm...lets have some fun with the guy...Bruce.

"Well, Im Andrew Brothers. Everyone calls me Andy though...And my power?"

He raises an arm dramatically....

((Im trying to make every small metallic object in the room lift into the air and swirl in a spiral galaxy looking deal above everone then move it all to the closest trash bin...thoes being a modified Storm, going into a Magnetokenesis))

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Thinking "Blood'ell! You know it takes all kinds mate... but we wasn't 'xpecting one of them...

FASHION PEOPLE!

If this bastard wants to do me nails I'm bleedin' out of here!"

The Magnificent Oz
Andy raises an arm dramatically....

Small metallic objects start to fly.

Now we have a bit of an if / else statement... Guy is wearing a daisho on his belt - an ornate katana and wakizashi set with bone hilts carved into the heads of dragons and showing warriors bravely facing down Oni.

so

if ( small metallic objects includes either of these swords (which seems likely) ) {

Guy reacts instantly - with uncanny speed [ firing Enhanced movement for the scene and Quickness ]

Aikido move:

Grabbing hold of Andy's wrist with his right hand Guy pulls his body in behind the arm out so that it is across his chest and slaps his own left hand across Andy's chest - and up slightly so that Guy's hand is covering Andy's eyes. This will cause Andy to try to twist backward. Then Guy twists stance counterclockwise so that Andy trips over Guy's only slightly extended tripping foot... bring him down slowly with a controlled lock on his wrist.

"Please. Don't. Do. That."

} else {

Guy looks impressed by the display and interested to see what Alex has to say.

}

(I said small objects...it is attached to your belt also...right now im not going all out...this is for an impressive display not a real *storm* storm so to speak, I would say everything under 10kg instead of 40kg...and if that does happen...well...lets see if it happens first))

*This place is even stranger than they said. The Oz music seems almost appropriate.* ::shocked ::shocked

Suddenly [bruce Sauvage] looks up at the Novas & smiles ::biggrin ,

\"So\", he asks, \"who are you & what do you do?\"

Alex begins, \"Well, I...\"

\"Well, Im Andrew Brothers.  Everyone calls me Andy though...And my power?\"

*OK, so I'll go last. Considering the innate problems trying to fit me that seems fair* Alex decides. *I might as well show him the problem.* All of Alex's clothes become infused (or covered) with Darkness (although he doesn't transform). ::ninja

(And metal objects start flying across the room. )

*Ahhh. Somehow this doesn't seem like the level of respect the pilot suggested...* Alex concludes and edges away. ::halo ::nervous

\"Well, Im Andrew Brothers. Everyone calls me Andy though...And my power?\"

He raises an arm dramatically....

... & all Hell breaks loose! There's a lot of loose metal under 10 kgs inside Superimpose: studs, buckles, zippers, clothes-hangers, (not to mention priceless antique heirloom swords) - you name it; even attached to clothes these things weigh less than 10 kg a piece. In moments there's a tornado of colour whirling around Andy, as pretty much everyone else either screams or dives for cover (even though he's reduced his power level so much that any impacts have no chance of causing actual harm). Bruce Sauvage looks absolutely stunned ::blink ... & not in a good way ::angry (there's a little vein in his forehead that seems ready to pop) as his lifes-work is taken apart & scattered to the winds.

For those who manage to keep their cool, the swirling magnetic carnage is actually quite artistic in it's execution - reminiscent of a deep-space photgraph as it'd be interpreted by Salvador Dali. [Andy finds himself unable to focus the effect above everyone's head, however, since it's an area centred on him. Also, Magnetokinesis can only move a single object at a time, without the use of an Extra like MIRV or Area, so moving stuff to the trash this way will take a loonnnggg time.]

Within moments of the overt power-display sending the room into chaos, Guy notices his own two swords sliding free of their sheaths to join the storm (as well as feeling a tug on his belt buckle & any other metal on his person). He reacts quickly, Andy's concentration on his 'task' making him an easy target...

Grabbing hold of Andy's wrist with his right hand Guy pulls his body in behind the arm out so that it is across his chest and slaps his own left hand across Andy's chest - and up slightly so that Guy's hand is covering Andy's eyes. This will cause Andy to try to twist backward. Then Guy twists stance counterclockwise so that Andy trips over Guy's only slightly extended tripping foot... bring him down slowly with a controlled lock on his wrist.

\"Please. Don't. Do. That.\"

Even with Andy pinned & his eyes covered the storm doesn't cease, & the swords fly free to dance around the room in a mockery of hundreds of generations of the Oshiro Clan's honour.

All of Alex's clothes become infused (or covered) with Darkness (although he doesn't transform). 

Strangely enough no-one seems to notice right now.

*Ahhh. Somehow this doesn't seem like the level of respect the pilot suggested...* Alex concludes and edges away.

[For some reason Alex gets the impression that it's a really good move to be distancing himself from Andy right now... did I say 'Andy'? I mean't 'that guy he's only just met & doesn't know anything about'... ::wink ]

Through the whirling fashion-wear, blades, & other items (& over the din of Judy Garland) Sauvage can be heard calling to one of his assistants,

"Maurice! Break-out that 'bulls-eye' motiff fabric we've been saving for a special occassion, I've just had an idea or two for Mr Brothers' costume..."

\"Please. Don't. Do. That.\"

Even with Andy pinned & his eyes covered the storm doesn't cease, & the swords fly free to dance around the room in a mockery of hundreds of generations of the Oshiro Clan's honour.

Andy is laying on his stomach and growls bak at him. "The hell? The hell is wrong with you?" He growls again.

(im bringing the storm down onto the (apparent) Samuri. ima go ahead and max out for a Magnetic Blast to bring all the metal smashing him off of him, forcing him into a wall. I didnt know about hte Katana's IC, BTW)

Bahamut810

[ooc] I did make a point of Guy buckling them on... I guess I could have been slightly more explicit about what a daisho is - but I was kinda waiting for someone to ask about them ::crazy [/ooc]

Andy is laying on his stomach and growls bak at him. \"The hell? The hell is wrong with you?\" He growls again.

(im bringing the storm down onto the (apparent) Samuri. ima go ahead and max out for a Magnetic Blast to bring all the metal smashing him off of him, forcing him into a wall. 

"BLOODY STOP MATE! STOP!" Guy is almost crying - his shouts hoarse.

Hopefully being forewarned of the immanent danger to himself by his Intuition and having little trouble guessing the source, Guy reacts - still moving as fast as ever. He stamps down on Andy's ankle - not going for a break just for leverage - so when Guy rolls backward (actually falling into the roll) still holding onto Andy's locked arm Andy's body is forced upright into a kneeling position (or possibly even standing depending on how dextrous Andy is) and into the brunt of his own blast... At which point Guy releases him - being in the almost prone part of his backward roll and accelerating rapidly out of the fire zone.

[ooc] For what its worth I really didn't want this situation to happen ::crazy [/ooc]

Alex stares aghast at the impending disaster concludes that it would be wise to place some distance from all this. He continues to slide away. (Half move and reserve rest of action).

He thinks, *Better not transform. My extra height would put me smack in the whirl...pool? whirlwind? What is that? Good thing the black "metal" on my jacket isn't really metal.*

(If this mess slides into Alex, he will use his reserved action to transform as a defensive action).

There are a few tense moments as Andy concentrates ::angry . The storm of metal & attatched debris pauses in mid-air, creaking & groaning can be heard from the nearby metal clothes-racks, & Judy's voice warps & squeals, as the local magnetic fields are twisted to the pinned Nova's best ability.

\"BLOODY STOP MATE! STOP!\" Guy is almost crying - his shouts hoarse

Guy suddenly looks up, as the hairs on the back of his neck rise. Sensing the immanant danger he's in he rolls back, pulling his captive with him. He's fast, but Andy's control of his power is pretty impressive...

... The levitating metal gathers into one general mass & rockets towards the two Novas violently, catching Guy as he comes out of his roll (there's a brief flash of light as he's hit). The stray fragments that would have hit Andy swerve around him at the last moment, before joining their friends scattered across the floor. The metallic mass hurls the Nova swordsman far across the room - smashing through several interviening aisles of clothing - until he impacts the far wall - hard (with another brief flash of light)! The force of the impact is so great that Guy is physically blown through the wall & out onto the road beyond (where, after skittering several meters, he rolls to his feet). Outside Novas & baselines alike stop to stare at the battered Guy, his own clothes in tatters, with twisted metal coat-hangers & items of various clothing scattered on the road around him (as well as his prized, & scuffed, swords).

Inside Superimpose Mr Sauvage is looking even more horrified than ever as he stares at the hole in his wall... ::shocked

[Guy appears to be Injured, on Bashing damage, but hardly seems to notice...]

Andy slowly stands up. he is gently massaging his wrist. "Gawd...the hell was that all about?"

He looks over at the hole and takes a step over in that direction, then stops noticing bruce.

Looking really sheepish he says, "Errr...sorry about that. I didnt think there would be that much metal in here...."

He points his thumb over to the wall. "Ill...ummm...errr...Eh, heh...I wonder if that other guy is alright..."

he then finishes his trek over to the hole in the wall.

Inside Superimpose Mr Sauvage is looking even more horrified than ever as he stares at the hole in his wall... ::shocked

(Alex makes an engineering roll to check the stability of the building.)

Alex opens his mouth to make a comment, but shuts it without saying anything. (Really, What could possibly be added to this? ::blink ::shocked )

He reaches down and lifts up a metal rod (former clothes rack) and places it upright... (waiting for the other shoe to drop... ::wacko )

Sauvage stares at Andy as he heads off, a look of disbelief in his eyes ::blink . He then looks around at the remains of his inventory, & at his assistants (& Ms Cable) slowly getting back to their feet & brushing themselves down. Finally he says (to himself as much as anybody),

"So... his power is 'being a huge pain in the ass' then? Maybe we should register his name as 'The Catamite' to match his powers..."

The metallic mass hurls the Nova swordsman far across the room - smashing through several interviening aisles of clothing - until he impacts the far wall - hard (with another brief flash of light)! The force of the impact is so great that Guy is physically blown through the wall & out onto the road beyond (where, after skittering several meters, he rolls to his feet). Outside Novas & baselines alike stop to stare at the battered Guy, his own clothes in tatters, with twisted metal coat-hangers & items of various clothing scattered on the road around him (as well as his prized, & scuffed, swords).

An observant observer might notice a jagged shard of masonry in Guy's almost white-knuckled right hand - a shard plucked out of the air sometime after he went through the wall...

Guy looks down at the broken brick.... breathing hard... he catches sight of the swords, scuffed and lying amidst the debris of the attack. He focuses on the depictions... Warriors bravely facing demons... He throws the brick aside...

Guilt is what he feels when he holds them once again... He sighs and slowly wipes the blades over his forearms cutting shallowly - letting the blades taste his shame and resolve. "'onour isn't in things... they jus' serve to remind us..."... He wipes the blood off the blades and slides the swords back into their scabbards.

Guy walks slowly back into the building through the hole in the wall...

...by the time he's inside his wounds - including the new cuts on his arms - have vanished.

\"\"You ok? Why did you do that\"

"What would you 'ave done if one of these people 'ad a bleedin' pacemaker?"

GUY! wearily sits down on anything still chair height and available... He looks across at Bruce... "Sorry about your wall..."

Mr Sauvage manages to keep his anger in check ::angry , a forced smile upon his lips ::smile . He looks at the Novas, then says (very slowly & deliberately),

"We've sorted out a fitting identity for Mr Brothers", he almost spits the name, "but do you other gentlemen have any ideas for your Elite personas?"

Ms Cable fails to fully hide the dark look she casts Andy's way. ::angry

\"We've sorted out a fitting identity for Mr Brothers\", he almost spits the name, \"but do you other gentlemen have any ideas for your Elite personas?\"

Guy sighs resignedly... "Don't really know... Nothing too flash like... Don't fink I'm that kind of nova." ::unsure

\"but do you other gentlemen have any ideas for your Elite personas?\"

(Alex has always been fairly indifferent to social interactions so...)

"Mmm. Actually, Yes."

"The news crews are calling me "Dark Matter Destroyer", so I figure that I've got a name. And my other form doesn't really need a costume."

Alex transforms into Dark Matter. DMD is big, black, and imposing. He holds out an arm and turns slowly around. The arm grows spines and then forms an axe. Then Alex shifts and it is just Alex standing there.

"But shifting like that really trashes my clothes normally." (He is still wearing total darkness). "What I'm left with is this solid darkness." (The clothes form a Tux, then a black jacket)

"Eufiber doesn’t seem to work with me, so I realize that I'm not giving you a lot to work with here, I mean with one color and all. It would take a real miracle worker to come up clothes that look good for this body using just Black."

*I wonder if Bruce is the guy who registers our names. Guy may find himself with a name after all.* Alex thinks.

Realising that Bruce might need a little more to go on ( and coming down from his adrenalin rush ) Guy adds - "I used to be a soldier - an engineer. And these " ( he tilts the swords up without even starting to remove them from their scabbards ) "have been in my family for a very long time." He looks pointedly at Andy... and back to Bruce. "I know how to use them."

Ms Cable walks up to Andy & pulls him to one side, whispering in his ear (from between clenched teeth ::angry ),

"What the Hell do you think you are doing? Superimpose creates your legal Elite persona. Not only is it in your contract, but the descisions made here can, & have, made or broken Elite careers. This job is at least as much about image, & marketing that image, as it is about how powerful you are. How many people do you think will be willing to hire a guy called The Catamite or The Human Target? Mr Sauvage has total control & discretion over what your image will be. If you don't appologise to him right now, & make it sincere, then you'll be a world-wide laughing-stock within the hour & your employment options will be nil. I kid you not, Mr Brothers, I've seen it happen."

Guy sighs resignedly... \"Don't really know... Nothing too flash like... Don't fink I'm that kind of nova.\"

Bruce looks over to Guy with & raises one eyebrow ::sly ,

\"My dear Mr Oshiro, we're all 'that kind of Nova', some just hide it better than others.\"

...\"Eufiber doesn’t seem to work with me, so I realize that I'm not giving you a lot to work with here, I mean with one color and all. It would take a real miracle worker to come up clothes that look good for this body using just Black.\"

Bruce listens with interest to what Alex has to say, feeling the 'fabric' of Alex's lapel between his thumb & forefinger & looking thoughtful,

\"Well, Mr Green, 'The Dark Matter Destroyer' is the type of name that'll give you a clear psychological advantage over your opponents, & will attract potential employers as well. It seems to fit your powers, & already has some media coverage. Maybe not all 'nice' coverage, but just the sort of thing people who employ Elites are going to love - I've already had some of my people editing certain shots from that New York incident into your electronic resumé: that one of you climbing out of the melted tarmac was priceless!\", he sighs, \"If only all my clients came so well prepared...\"

Taking a step back be gesticulates at Alex's general appearance,

\"As for the black, you carry it off well - you're no Bruce Sauvage, but it's not bad... not bad at all. The question is now one of style: your identity is a matter of public record, but you may wish to wear a mask anyway (many Elites do so as a symbol of their 'Elite' status); you have a fine physique, so maybe something that shows it off? A bare-armed 'Hercules' look perhaps - maybe with chunky bracers on the wrists?...\", he walks around to Alex's rear, \"... tight pants, definately...\"

Realising that Bruce might need a little more to go on ( and coming down from his adrenalin rush ) Guy adds - \"I used to be a soldier - an engineer. And these \" ( he tilts the swords up without even starting to remove them from their scabbards ) \"have been in my family for a very long time.\" He looks pointedly at Andy... and back to Bruce. \"I know how to use them.\"

Leaving Alex with his thoughts for the moment Bruce heads over to Guy,

"Ah... A warrior born of Samurai tradition! We can work with that."

He now circles Guy in the same manner he eyed Alex earlier,

"You move well - so something unrestrictive. Hmmm... Nice legs, well-toned... There's possibilities there."

He pauses to look Guy in the eye,

"Any family symbols you'd wish to incorporate? A mon design for example? Maybe those dragons from your daisho blades? There's a rich tradition of Japanese fashions we could draw inpiration from, but combined into a more practical & modern fighting outfit. Like Mr Green you'll also have to make the descision whether to mask or not."

He shrugs,

"As for a name 'Dragon' is taken, but there's plenty more possibilities. Maybe something to do with swordsmanship, or are you looking for something that has more of a general 'warrior' feel to it? 'Black Samurai', 'Black Dragon', 'The Swordsman', something along those lines? If possible we want to appeal to both the Asian & Western markets."

Leaving Alex with his thoughts for the moment Bruce heads over to Guy,

\"Ah... A warrior born of Samurai tradition! We can work with that.\"

He now circles Guy in the same manner he eyed Alex earlier,

\"You move well - so something unrestrictive. Hmmm... Nice legs, well-toned... There's possibilities there.\"

Guy tries desperately not to look unconfortable at being sized up in this manner...

He pauses to look Guy in the eye,

\"Any family symbols you'd wish to incorporate? A mon design for example? Maybe those dragons from your daisho blades? There's a rich tradition of Japanese fashions we could draw inpiration from, but combined into a more practical & modern fighting outfit. Like Mr Green you'll also have to make the descision whether to mask or not.\"

Guy considers this... \"I could use my family mon I 'spose, but I fink I'd rather not. This isn't the fifteen-'undreds - they could come to 'arm if someone wanted to use them against me. But the dragons - sure...\" warming to the subject \"An a light armoured vest would be good - I've got one in me bag actually. An' in dark colours or camouflage even I fink... I'd rather not be the first bastard to get 'it. An' some sort of gizmo belt obviously an' a mask with like low light vision or somefing... showing like no skin or anyfing since my face is pretty distinctive... hmmmm.\"

Guy looks slightly embarrassed that he actually has put a bit of thought into this... and worse - been goaded into this little discourse by Bruce's prompting.

He shrugs,

\"As for a name 'Dragon' is taken, but there's plenty more possibilities. Maybe something to do with swordsmanship, or are you looking for something that has more of a general 'warrior' feel to it? 'Black Samurai', 'Black Dragon', 'The Swordsman', something along those lines? If possible we want to appeal to both the Asian & Western markets.\"

"'Black Dragon' would be bad mojo I fink an' 'Black Samurai'... Guy glances down at his Afro-Asian skin and grins a bit, "I like, but not very P.C.like. The Swordsman is cool too... but I fink if we want to appeal to Orientals too then per'aps I should go with just 'The Samurai'. What you fink?

Bruce smiles a sly smile ::sly as Guy warms to the subject of his Elite identity, nodding as he listens to Guy's comments,

"Yes, that sounds fine. 'The Samurai' isn't taken, & if you've decided to keep your identity concealed then your ethnicity, as you say, needn't come into it - for all anyone will know you could be of full-blooded Japanese stock. You do speak Japanese, correct? Maybe your Elite persona could use Japanese as his first language, to reinforce the image (the Americans always fall for that kind of thing). Let's hope that no Japanese traditionalists find out & take offense, eh?"

Bruce gives the impression of not caring too much for political correctness himself...

"As for the outfit - something full-body then, tailored to show off those muscles of yours. The dragon motiff can be your trade-mark - something on the chest & back I think. The actual colour-scheme can be of secondary concern, changing to suit each mission (such as jungle camouflage for a jungle mission, black for a night mission, etc.); that'll also give an impression of professionalism that clients may like. Light armour's no problem, although if you get the opportunity to take some eufiber from a defeated opponent I suggest you do that - the stuff's origins are nasty, but it really is quite tough. We can work wonders with masks, but we'll see how your credit rating is doing after your first mission (we don't want DeVries' investments in you to be for nought now, do we) - low-light lenses & some sort of radio-link shouldn't be a problem for a start."

As he talks several of Mr Sauvage's assistants take notes or run to get sample bodysuits or masks (when they can find them in the mess that is now the once-well-ordered Superimpose), bringing them over to show Sauvage, who in turn picks certain items out & shows them to Guy.

"We do a lovely range of utility belts & harnesses. You'll need room for your swords, & it sounds like you'll be carrying some military equipment too, so holsters, pouches, grenade belts... We best be careful not to over do it though, a 'slimline' image is probably best for you."

\"Yes, that sounds fine. 'The Samurai' isn't taken, & if you've decided to keep your identity concealed then your ethnicity, as you say, needn't come into it - for all anyone will know you could be of full-blooded Japanese stock. You do speak Japanese, correct? Maybe your Elite persona could use Japanese as his first language, to reinforce the image (the Americans always fall for that kind of thing). Let's hope that no Japanese traditionalists find out & take offense, eh?\"

\"Hai, I do... If they find out who I am and take offense... well... I'm not lying about nuffing anyway... they can bite me...\"

\"As for the outfit - something full-body then, tailored to show off those muscles of yours. The dragon motiff can be your trade-mark - something on the chest & back I think. The actual colour-scheme can be of secondary concern, changing to suit each mission (such as jungle camouflage for a jungle mission, black for a night mission, etc.); that'll also give an impression of professionalism that clients may like. Light armour's no problem, although if you get the opportunity to take some eufiber from a defeated opponent I suggest you do that - the stuff's origins are nasty, but it really is quite tough. We can work wonders with masks, but we'll see how your credit rating is doing after your first mission (we don't want DeVries' investments in you to be for nought now, do we) - low-light lenses & some sort of radio-link shouldn't be a problem for a start.\"

\"We do a lovely range of utility belts & harnesses. You'll need room for your swords, & it sounds like you'll be carrying some military equipment too, so holsters, pouches, grenade belts... We best be careful not to over do it though, a 'slimline' image is probably best for you.\"

"Fatigues and webbing then? Sounds good to me."

Ms Cable walks up to Andy & pulls him to one side, whispering in his ear (from between clenched teeth  ),

\"What the Hell do you think you are doing? Superimpose creates your legal Elite persona. Not only is it in your contract, but the descisions made here can, & have, made or broken Elite careers. This job is at least as much about image, & marketing that image, as it is about how powerful you are. How many people do you think will be willing to hire a guy called The Catamite or The Human Target? Mr Sauvage has total control & discretion over what your image will be. If you don't appologise to him right now, & make it sincere, then you'll be a world-wide laughing-stock within the hour & your employment options will be nil. I kid you not, Mr Brothers, I've seen it happen.\"

Andy frowns...and knows to bite the bullet as he was planning to anyway.

He walks over to Bruce and waits to be noticed. After a cold welcome (im sure) andy says. "Im really...*really* sorry about that. I didnt expect there to be so much metal in here. Sometimes im not too much in the common sence department. In the Amp room, Andy always said I was never slick enough in that department..."

"Is there any way I can make it up to you? As you can probably tell, Metal is nothing to me...Im sure there must be something I can do..."

(im going to try to look really pathetic when I say this...Im already feeling bad about it, no acting required)

EDIT...((I forgot the word NOT))

\"As for the black, you carry it off well - you're no Bruce Sauvage, but it's not bad... not bad at all. The question is now one of style: your identity is a matter of public record, but you may wish to wear a mask anyway (many Elites do so as a symbol of their 'Elite' status); you have a fine physique, so maybe something that shows it off? A bare-armed 'Hercules' look perhaps - maybe with chunky bracers on the wrists?...\", he walks around to Alex's rear, \"... tight pants, definitely...\"

Alex walks up too an undamaged mirror (on one of the non-holed walls) and tries a few forms. *’Hercules’? Hmm. Not bad.* Clothes shift and reform. At one point Alex takes off his t-shirt and pants (bizarrely not taking off any clothes since there is another pair of pants (black) under the blue jeans), and then continues. The new pair of black pants is much tighter. *Ah yes, the nova physique. Being a nova is definitely a fantasy. Cleared up my lungs, added several more inches, and about 40 lbs of muscle. I should have dropped a hammer on my foot years ago.* Finally something close to a black Hercules outfit with armbands and wristbands settles. *Not very warm, but I don’t feel the cold that much anymore.*

A half dozen masks form and then reform. One totally covers his head, but is so shear that it looks like his head turned black. Another looks like a black hockey mask. *Ick. Maybe Sauvage has an idea,* Alex though to himself.

\"Yes, that sounds fine. 'The Samurai' isn't taken....\"

Alex thinks darkly, "Meaning that the previous owner of that title is dead. That's way too cool a name to be unclaimed."

\"Fatigues and webbing then? Sounds good to me.\"

Bruce frowns,

\"Hardly 'fatigues' dear boy - we create art here after all!\"

\"Is there any way I can make it up to you? As you can probably tell, Metal is nothing to me...Im sure there must be something I can do...\"

Bruce looks Andy up & down (as if several forms of 'compensation' have just sprung into his head... ::devil ), but finally declares,

"Clean up this mess", he indicates the entire warehouse-sized room, "& we'll discuss it. The cost of repairs & replacements will be billed to you, naturally."

After watching Alex's efforts at clothing designs Bruce steps over to supervise his 'experiments'. (He suggests a half-face mask covering the top-half of Alex's face, his nose, & most of his head, just leaving his 'square jaw' exposed - either close-crowned, or open-crowned to expose his hair. He calls it 'a classic design'.)

\"Clean up this mess\", he indicates the entire warehouse-sized room, \"& we'll discuss it. The cost of repairs & replacements will be billed to you, naturally.\"

"Of course. Well...to work!"

((ill just start cleaning up the best I can...ill grab an unused assistant of his to help. If the warehouse is as big as a 747 warehouse full of costumes...ill call my coven in to help out as this will take a few days...otherwise ill clean everything and use my powers to fill the hole in temporarily))

Bruce frowns,

\"Hardly 'fatigues' dear boy - we create art here after all!\"

"Right, right... sorry. Jus' meant militaryish type costume... with correct camou' 'nd sh...stuff... webbing for kit I mean like."

Thinking* "Bleedin' ell... don't let me say the wrong thing in 'ere... I'm bleedin terrified of this geezer!"*

Continuing nervously

"Just considering what I need to carry thatsall... The daisho, cable ties, some tape, maybe a nice little grapnel on a little electric winch... I can put that together an' maybe a pistol or even a taser or somefing? Can we get firearms authorised? An some ceramic knives I'm thinking just in case... An' maybe some C4 if we need it... detonators? Low light lenses, comms... no bloody MRE's I bloody 'ope... What's up with that Pursuer bloke by the way? 'e looked like 'e had a bit of a bee in 'is bon...er mask...?"

((ill just start cleaning up the best I can...ill grab an unused assistant of his to help. If the warehouse is as big as a 747 warehouse full of costumes...ill call my coven in to help out as this will take a few days...otherwise ill clean everything and use my powers to fill the hole in temporarily))

[No help for Andy, I'm afraid - he's supposed to do it on his own, that's the point. The destruction is mostly in the area around where he used his Magnetic Storm ability, the path taken by Guy from there to the wall, & the wall itself. Shouldn't take more than 8 to 10 hours... Before using his powers to 'fill in the hole' what exactly is he using his powers on (how much more stuff is he planing on wrecking)?]

Continuing nervously

\"Just considering what I need to carry thatsall... The daisho, cable ties, some tape, maybe a nice little grapnel on a little electric winch... I can put that together an' maybe a pistol or even a taser or somefing? Can we get firearms authorised? An some ceramic knives I'm thinking just in case... An' maybe some C4 if we need it... detonators? Low light lenses, comms... no bloody MRE's I bloody 'ope... What's up with that Pursuer bloke by the way? 'e looked like 'e had a bit of a bee in 'is bon...er mask...?\"

As Guy talks Ms Cable starts to take notes on her palm-top computer. On the topic of Pursuer Bruce offers,

"Pursuer is a sweetie really. If he comes off as a bit agressive it's probably just that he doesn't want any young fellows who couldn't cope with the job heading out to get themselves killed, that's all."

No one else in the room seems too convinced by this declaration of Pursuer's 'gentle nature'...

After watching Alex's efforts at clothing designs Bruce steps over to supervise his 'experiments'. (He suggests a half-face mask covering the top-half of Alex's face, his nose, & most of his head, just leaving his 'square jaw' exposed - either close-crowned, or open-crowned to expose his hair. He calls it 'a classic design'.)

Alex flexes in front of the mirror and tries to observe his face from all directions. *Well that looks great, I'm not sure that it hides my identity all that much... but I guess that isn't the point. Letting that T2M woman (Geisha?) talk me into coming in wasn't one of my better moves. Actually, heading back to my apartment after my eruption wasn’t a great move. If this is what I’m going to be doing, it wouldn’t have been that hard to totally hide my identity. Ah well. Sa la via. Don’t regret the past, learn from your mistakes and move on.*

*Am I missing something? Hmm. What about gloves?* Gloves form. *Good for wear & tear, and preventing fingerprints.*

Finally, after Bruce makes a few very subtle adjustments that Alex would never have thought of, it is done. Alex takes one last look at the image in the mirror and fixes it in his mind.

Wow, Mr. Sauvage, I’m impressed. One color, and it didn’t even slow you down. This looks really good.” *Did he come up with this on the spot or was there preparation behind this “miracle”? Never ask to look behind the curtain, it is rude.*

Appearing satisfied by his work on Alex, Bruce dismisses him & Guy, & gets one of his assistants to film Andy's 'work' on a digital camera (for his 'archives' he says...). Ms Cable suggests that the two Novas go to the mess to get something to eat, then back to their quarters to get some rest - it'll be a big day tommorow. She also asks if there's anything else they need. Andy she leaves to Bruce's tender mercies... ::devil

Ms Cable suggests that the two Novas go to the mess to get something to eat, then back to their quarters to get some rest

"Good thinking. I could really murder a curry right now"

With a bit of a wry glance back at Andy, Guy heads off to the mess - taking another butchers around the base as he goes - paying no heed to the stares that his ripped clothing bring.

To Alex: "So what made you decide to join this lot, then?"

Once in the mess Guy orders a double helping of whatever's going ( especially if its curry ) and sighs contentedly...

Alex accompanies Guy to the mess (although it seems to him that they just left a mess). ::blink And there he fills a tray.

To Alex: \"So what made you decide to join this lot, then?\"

"Yes, it just seemed appropriate. Powerwise it seems to be what I'm suited for. Mentally, I got more skilled, but not enough to re-invent the world. Socially, lots of people seem to look for the worst when you are made up of Darkness. ::ninja Financially it seemed like the best deal around. ::Shugs::"

"How about you? What brought you to this?"

Archived