WOO HOO!!!!

Defender

Yep, yep, yep. So cool it's got a Fonzie jacket and turns the jukebox on by hitting it. Cooler than liquid nitrogen in the arctic. Cooler than The Empire Strikes Back. . . ::blink . . .well okay, maybe not -that- cool, but pretty damn near. My thoughts, surmised into a single solitary word?

Groovy.

::thumbsup

-Def.

Hmm... I see most people are about as ambivilant as me. ::crazy ::wacko ::blink

First impression is, I'm just not sure how you'd role-play it. I mean, are you Ash? Are you just some person from the past? More? Less??? Bugs Bunny?!? What!!!!!!!

Ahem, sorry. The madness of it all. And it's 6:30 in the morning. (Oh come on, it was for a good cause. Just finished running a Trinity game. ::cool )

I guess once I figure that out, it will seem cooler.

For as long as it isn't D20. ::angry ::mad

::dozingoff

::sleep

::sleeping

I'm sure this'll be a great game to bring genre movie fans to the RPG table. For one, name me a geek who hasn't at least -heard- of AoD and I'll be one shocked mofo. Like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG Eden also produces I'll assume you can play Ash, but there's also room in the Evil Dead universe for many other player types as there is in the Buffyverse.

I don't think AoD will suck *knocks on wood* for a couple reasons. Firstly, Eden Studios has already produced the Kick Ass Keen zombie survival horror RPG All Flesh Must Be Eaten, which quite frankly rocks on toast. Secondly, the game is being written by Shane Hensley, creator of the very cool Deadlands Trilogy of games from Pinnacle. Add to this the fact that Bruce did an foreword to the Player's Guide for Deadlands (it clearly meeting with his approval) and I think we're seriously on to something here.

I have no defense here for my bias, and I assure you I'll be the first to snatch this game up when it's released and give you all the inside scoop. I pray nightly to the gods of Sheer Damn Manliness that an RPG starring Ash will not suck. . .I only hope my offerings of repeated viewings of the Boomstick Edition AoD DVD are worthy. . . ::tongue

-Def.

The Buffy RPG is actually a lot of fun, with a simple rules system and the appeal of playing around in Joss Whedon's universe. It's even based around a d10 die system, so you don't need to worry about buying still more dice. ::cool

Now all that's left is the waiting. . .

*hears crickets chirp, realizes he has no patience* ::blink

Crud. ::unsure

-Defender.

how can something be so WRONG!!! and so right at the same time

Sums up my views quite nicely, ::tongue

very cool Deadlands Trilogy

I keep meaning to look at these, are they actually that good? It really appeals, I'm quite the 'Missionary Man' (or however it's spelt) fan...

Chloe

Archived