Aberrant RPG - Unnatural Disasters

Reighnhell

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't work. Even the President needs multiple confirmation to actually initiate launch orders. And that just sends out the order to make an attack; at each silo, bomber, or boomer, there exists multiple confirmation requirement as well, including the best judgment of the people involved.

If you get a shot at Dominating the Prez, more subtlety is required.

Yep. *And* Directive agents keeping an eye on those novas, too, I'm sure.

Which reminds me, something they conveniently managed to overlook. . . American military/government novas. They get a *very* brief mention in one or two places, and then no further information at all. And of the three novas who got decent writeups and were US military or intelligence in background, all three ended up working for someone else.

I tend to think of how the setting might change if a decent, patriotic soldier erupted, and ended up becoming something of a 'real life Captain America'. . .

Which reminds me, something they conveniently managed to overlook. . . American military/government novas. They get a *very* brief mention in one or two places, and then no further information at all. And of the three novas who got decent writeups and were US military or intelligence in background, all three ended up working for someone else.

I tend to think of how the setting might change if a decent, patriotic soldier erupted, and ended up becoming something of a 'real life Captain America'. . .

I'd imagine that those novas, unless they make a point of a public brouhaha, get shuffled into covert ops and/or Directive cells.

Somehow I don't think this'll work ...

But I woke up from a dream of an evil nova hypnotizing everyone in the US (thanks to the wonder of television) to take every fan they owned and turn them on facing due east, in an effort to screw up the jet streams. ::huh

This was after my mind had shuffled away from the thought of CSI: Baldur's Gate.

If you've got a good enough Matter Creation and Mega-Wits rating, and if you perhaps throw a max in as well, you could probably create a nuclear explosion by just creating the high density compressed mass of several tons of plutonium or pure U-235. After all, nuclear weapons usually presume a few ( or few dozen ) kilograms of the material. . . and you could pretty easily generate a few thousand times that amount.

If you've got a good enough Matter Creation and Mega-Wits rating, and if you perhaps throw a max in as well, you could probably create a nuclear explosion by just creating the high density compressed mass of several tons of plutonium or pure U-235. After all, nuclear weapons usually presume a few ( or few dozen ) kilograms of the material. . . and you could pretty easily generate a few thousand times that amount.
Then you die and with that the effect stops. And MC has a damage limit of 2dice per dot.

Maybe use the Disintegrate power to create weaknesses or openings in the ceilings of magma chambers near the surface. Sudden release of pressure from such chambers could easily lead to volcanic eruptions.

Think of inducing an eruption from the massive magma chamber under Yellowstone Park, we're talking about the possibility of a super eruption that would cause varying types of devastation on a continental and even global scale.

It could even be possible to get the same effect with powers such as Elemental Anima/Mastery Earth or Telekinesis at maximum power to move the dirt and stone and open up the pressure release needed.

Jus a thought. ::wacko

Then you die and with that the effect stops. And MC has a damage limit of 2dice per dot.

So you'd need to spend a perm willpower point. If your doing this, your sacrificing your life anyway.

Yeah, its got the damage limit of 2 dice a dot. So either this would constitute an exception, or you shouldn't be able to conjure plutonium.

I agree that the damage caps imposed on Matter Creation (and a few other powers) are overly nerfed. I understand from a game balance point why they would want to do this but its a case of the mechanic not adequately simulating effect. If you have maxed mega wits and only a die or 2 of matter creation you are going to be able to onjure a crapload of stuff. The damage limit just doesn't hold water to my reckoning and even less so considering the damage potential of other level 3 powers...

I agree that the damage caps imposed on Matter Creation (and a few other powers) are overly nerfed. I understand from a game balance point why they would want to do this but its a case of the mechanic not adequately simulating effect. If you have maxed mega wits and only a die or 2 of matter creation you are going to be able to onjure a crapload of stuff. The damage limit just doesn't hold water to my reckoning and even less so considering the damage potential of other level 3 powers...
MC is already one of the most flexible and brutal powers in the game. Letting you snap you fingers and create nukes is seriously broken before Q6, and if you want to do that you should be forced to buy Q-Bolt+Area+Mastery.

*shrugs*

What canI say? Its a broken theme. Along with molecular manipulation these are the kind of powers that Doctor Manhattan wields. Or Molecule Man etc. If the book says you can create *anything" in even small amounts a lil plutonium can go a LONG way, if you know what I mean.

Possible fix is to make it a level 4 power from the get-go. Seriously people, the canon mechanics are FAR from perfect and Id rather see these kind of powers be put in their place above level 3 than nerfed to the point of IC sillyness. It feels forced and arbitrary in the same way that shapeshifters or force field users should have to roll for a different effect. They fixed this with Force Field but it was nerfed aa a result (since you would get none of the benefit of a high mega-stamina).

The powers in question are only as flawed as the players that meta-game and get away with using them for exceptional purposes. Aberrant is a game of power and its consequences, but its also a game that revolves around story-telling, and there is a balance, and if someone is the type of player that's going to interpret the rules for the purposes of getting away with something that would unbalance the game (even if a strict reading of the rules would allow them to), then its time they played another game. If someone is going to meta-game, then I suggest they crack open a D&D book and play that, because White Wolf games fall apart in the hands of meta-gaming. If something like a certain power would ruin a story or break the balance of gameplay, then it gets nerfed. Its for the better, whether that players thinks it is or not. End of debate.

This is the difference between role-playing and roll-playing.

Matter Creation exists to create things. Its understandable that there would be a damage cap, because 1.), it's not a power made for causing damage (there are a dozen others made specifically for that), and 2.) if you managed to bring a nuke into existence with the snap of a finger, then it's terribly unbalancing to the gameplay AND the story. This line of thinking is also the reason powers like Clone and Molecular Manipulation have limits. And look at Pretercognition; the power's description even suggests that the power not be allowed in a campaign because of its unbalancing effects on a game.

If a Storyteller thinks its alright, then they can go ahead and allow a nova to spend a few permanent Willpower points on a level 3 power and nuke a series of cities. Its their game, their choice. And since that player can do it, so can every other nova that develops Matter Creation and a high Engineering. If that line of play fits into their campaign, then they can go ahead and allow it.

I dont consider it meta gaming to use matter creation to create plutonium. The rules already give a difficulty penalty for such unique elements. Having a player do that in game and then either nerfing the in game effect or disallowing it is penalizing player ingenuity. Same thing with power maxing a warp for the permeability extra and opening one in the the heart of the sun or the bottom of the sun...

Im one of those people that balks at "game balance" anyway. Especially for a game theme like Aberrant. Life isnt balanced and neither are comics. Let players take whatever actions they choose, just let them deal with the consequences. In a group of mature gamers one will want to play ant man scale, another Thor. Let them. Likewise as ST, dont use Deus ex Machina to roll over the players...unless it suits that moment in the story and a purpose is shown.

That is all.

I tend to agree with both Blue Thunder and SkyLion. I agree with BT because I feel that rp games should be more about the story than about who can dish out the most damage, and because of that I definitely feel that "realistic rules" should take a backseat to good storytelling.

On the other hand I also agree with what Sky said. The term "Game Balance" is quite literally offensive to me. I tolerate it because so many other gamers seem to approve of it wholeheartedly. I grew up playing lots of sports, getting into a crapload of fistfights, and (like most of you I would assume) taking lots of tests and doing lots of homework in school. And here's the thing: none of it was balanced or fair.

I played basketball in highschool and while I was on the team I was one of the star players on the starting line, leading the team in rebounds, and steals, and I was one of the best guards. But I didn't start out that way. I suck at sports naturally. I had to work my ass off for years to get that good. But there were guys on my team who didn't practice even a fraction as hard as I did and yet they were just as good as I was, one of them was significantly better. Was that fair? No. That guy hardly even tried and yet he was superior to me as a basketball player, despite my years of hard work and practice.

Growing up, I was always shorter and smaller than most of the other guys my age, but like I mentioned above, I got into lots of fights. The vast majority of them were against guys much larger than myself. Did I go crying to my teachers or running home to my Mother complaining about how unfair it was that I was smaller than those other guys? Or weaker? Or slower? No, on the contrary, I learned how to fight and I kicked their sorry asses and sent them home crying for trying to pick a fight with me.

Nothing in life is balanced or fair. Fate does indeed favor the well-prepared. Some people are just simply *better* at certain things than others are, and some people are just *worse* at certain things than most. That's life. My personal feeling is that if you don't like your situation, change it. (i.e. if you don't like the fact that one of your fellow players seems more powerful than you, don't whine and cry about it, get more powerful!)

Now, going back to what BT said, if a particular ST and his gaming crew are all in favor of "Game Balance" and mildly nerfed rules, then I say more power to 'em. RPing should be fun, and if that's what's required then by all means, nerf away and have fun. But for myself, I enjoy pushing my limits, and I enjoy pushing the limits of any system of rules I run up against. That's just me. And as an ST I respect and honor a player's attempts to get creative and ingenious with the rules or with their powers. However, like I already said, Life isn't fair. So as an ST I definitely favor Punishment over Deterrant. If a player can successfully push the boundaries and get away with it, and add to the story in the process, then I will quite happily let them. If a player tries but ends up being little more than an obnoxious Munchkin, then I will quite happily smite them like the gaming-infidels they are and move on with the game.

But hey, like I said, that's just me.

Having a player do that in game and then either nerfing the in game effect or disallowing it is penalizing player ingenuity.

Or player abuse. Not every player is the "mature" player you describe; thats why these limitations are brought up in roleplaying books. From my experience, only half of all roleplayers fall into the "mature" category in regards to things like this. A lot of players think only of the dice, and what they can get away with doing. And then you have to consider the scope and theme of the game being run...if it just won't fit for a character to be able to pop a nuke into existence in a ST's campaign, then that's the ST's call, and he has every reason to disallow something like that. I'm not going to stomp all over the player's effort because I hate seeing players try to experiment and do new things and use thier powers as best they can or to be creative. Just because you think you can accomplish something, and you want to accomplish something, doesn't mean that you autmatically can accomplish that something. Or I wouldn't be at this forum right now, I'd be climbing over a pile of half-conscious supermodels piled up near my bed, trying to get to the phone and tell both Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel I'll be late for our midnight threesome sex romp, because I have to go save an orphanage somewhere in Africa from terrorists; and all this after I roundhouse kick Chuck Norris in the face, a feat normally thought to be impossible for mere mortals to pull off.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah.

By "game balance" I wan't refering to dice pools, btw. That would be the old-school RPG approach, where every class has to be perfectly equal to every other class at the same level. A character in Aberrant can have a devastating one-hit kill attack, and that's fine. If they Hyperspeed Slam someone with Hypermovement 5, Flight 5, Mega-Dex 5, Enhanced Movement, and Mega-Str 5 (if all those apply, I can't remember, and anything else that could possibly add in), chances are that person is pretty much turned into vapor; a one-hit kill. And that's just too bad for the person that got turned into red mist while walking their dog. Like Cottus said, life isn't fair. There are 30 NP novas that can kill 100 NP novas, and that's the way it is. But if a player is planning something like opening a Warp into the heart of the Sun and aiming the other end at an enemy to spray them with plasma, I'm gonna say no. Besides the fact that no one would survive the blast (maybe if they had Mega-Stamina 5, Armor 5, every Mega-Stamina enhancement, Density Increase 5, Invulnerability: Heat 5, Eufiber 5 with Eufiber Attunement 3, Force Field 5, Molecular Manipulation 5 with Second Skin, Absorption: Energy 5, and 5676597856 Extra Health Levels, I could allow them to cling on at Incapacitated) it would soak the entire region in radiation, and hell, it could even set off a chain reaction in the Sun that makes it go nova.

There's pushing probability, then there's pushing plausibility, and then there's pushing reason.

Same thing with power maxing a warp for the permeability extra and opening one in the the heart of the sun or the bottom of the sun...

That is exactly the kind of maneuver that I wouldn't allow, for reasons explained above. Opening a warp hole into the ocean, that's fine...but the Sun? Even though it would be a Level 4 Warp, that's just too ludicrous. I don't care if that's a bit of ingenuity on the player's part. Not to mention the Sun is basically a massive ball full of burning quantum energies, probably preventing someone from opening a Warp into it in the first place...not to mention the range difficulties, plus with Warp you still need to have a good impression of where you're opening the warp to, but that's neither here nor there I guess. Or something.

It's 4:30 AM now, and I can't even remember half of what I just typed. Time to sleepy.

Well, the argument that the sun is a big quantum interferance reactor is a good one. Just saying "no I wouldnt allow it" though is heavy handed and again forced. Technically according to the rules it *should* be possible.

Incidentally this application of Warp has been debated on these forums before. Honsestly, to me its an example of the inconsistencies inherent in the game design. Just like how it talks of flying novas routinely outpacing fighter jets which we all know takes mastery level hypermovemnt (I think...that still might be shorting it a bit).

Oh well.

I stil love the game but some of the inconsistencies make me pound my head every now and then...like a blockbuster that ran out of special effects budget halfway through but they released the film anyway with grade-school theatre effects...

Incidentally this application of Warp has been debated on these forums before. Honsestly, to me its an example of the inconsistencies inherent in the game design. Just like how it talks of flying novas routinely outpacing fighter jets which we all know takes mastery level hypermovemnt (I think...that still might be shorting it a bit).

Actually, a fighter jet normally has a cruising speed of a little over 600 mph (or slightly over 966 kmh), and a max speed of just over Mach 2 (in the case of some planes, such as the F-16, that number seems to be kept a bit vague, in others cases exact speeds are listed). Hypermovement at 5 dots equals out to 2500 kmh which is just over Mach 2. Add in Enhanced Movement and even a single dot of Mega-Dex and voila! You can now outpace fighter jets.

Now experimental aircraft and certain stealth planes are a completely different matter since these craft can attain speeds exceeding Mach 9, and Space Shuttles exceed Mach 20 when re-entering the Earth's atmosphere. Still, at Mega-Dex 5 with Enhanced Movement and HyperMove 5 you could reach speeds of over Mach 12. And if you allow some combination of Quickness or Multitasking on top of that, then, well... yeah. ::blink (Though that last bit would probably be bending the rules a tad)

Add in the fact that most flying novas are probably far more maneuverable than most aircraft (even fighter craft), and saying that novas can routinely outpace fighter jets makes much more sense.

There is a big difference between creating plutonium and creating weapons grade SUPER CRITICAL plutonium.

For example, if your objects don't all appear at exactly the same instant, then instead of an atomic explosion you created an atomic meltdown.

That would work with plutonium, but not U-235. After all, the gun-type nuclear weapon works with uranium, and thats basically just putting two chunks of uranium together fast enough.

If they Hyperspeed Slam someone with Hypermovement 5, Flight 5, Mega-Dex 5, Enhanced Movement, and Mega-Str 5 (if all those apply, I can't remember, and anything else that could possibly add in), chances are that person is pretty much turned into vapor; a one-hit kill. And that's just too bad for the person that got turned into red mist while walking their dog.

Heh, thats a build my character uses. However, my GM's ruling is that Rapid Strike is usable with Hyperspeed Strike, but not Slam, which evens out the damage. Still, tag the stuff together, and you do nuke-range damage.

Heh, thats a build my character uses. However, my GM's ruling is that Rapid Strike is usable with Hyperspeed Strike, but not Slam, which evens out the damage.

Don't forget his super-duper-uber-Thunderclap effect on the surroundings.

Add in Enhanced Movement and even a single dot of Mega-Dex and voila!

At first, Enhanced Movement seems useless. Buying it costs 3 NP, but so does a dot of Hypermovement. But then it says Enhanced Movement's effects stack on top of Hypermovement's effects. Damn. With a high Mega-Dex, your character can basically Thunderclap an army away just by running.

Just saying "no I wouldnt allow it" though is heavy handed and again forced.

...if you assume an ST would do it just to be crabby and mean and nothing else. If the ST disallows something there's always a good reason, unless he's got severe flaws in his gamemastering technique and hates his players.

Technically according to the rules it *should* be possible.

And that's the problem. A technical reading of the rules would allow you to do a lot of other things as well, things that just don't make sense. That's why its up to the ST to make calls. For instance, as machines gets simpler and simpler, how much harder is it for Cyberkinesis to affect them, or can it just not effect some devices? If your body is Bodymorphed into rubber, should you gain inate extra soak against electric attacks without buying Invulnerability? If you've Bodymorphed into water, would you take extra damage from electric attacks without taking an aberration for it? If you have Density Increase, but then buy Bodymorph with Density Increase dots attached to it, do the two effects stack or use the highest rating? If your Telekinesis is "wind" based, then will to work in a vacuum, even though the description for the power never mentions as much? Should you have to take that as a weakness to the power? If your Stun Attack is "mental" based, should Willpower and Psychic Shield protect against it, even though Stun Attack is normally a Stamina-resist roll? Should Sensory Shield extend to protect against Stun Attack?

And that doesn't even bring up Shapeshift, Telepathy, Clone, Teleport, and Warp, which have all kinds of "open to interpretation" aspects to them.

If your Stun Attack is "mental" based, should Willpower and Psychic Shield protect against it, even though Stun Attack is normally a Stamina-resist roll? Should Sensory Shield extend to protect against Stun Attack?
For both of these, my answer is "No" unless you change that Stamina resist over to something else. Stun Attack is already useless against anyone with two or more dots of Mega-Stamina - which includes a majority of novas I've encountered - without adding something else to it.

However, Sensory Shield should protect against Shroud, Strobe, the Askew technique from Spatial Manipulation, and regular things like tear gas, flash-bangs (which, technically, are Strobe), LSD, and similar drugs.

Pleas conside the quantum energies that "should"/could affect a nuclear explosion, and then consider the inherit problems of creating an instable material with QUANTUM energy.

Seems very hard IMHO, and not very do-able.

On the other hand, if I create a ton of rock over someones head then It should not simply cause 2d of damage, it should splatter the little fool (and yes, it was a very simple example just to show the flaws of the system, and no I dont know enough about MC to actually have an opinion).

Sorry, I was wrong. That's 1d x (Q+L), so the min would be 6d.

As for that rock you want to create above someone's head, your Q+L determines how big, how solid, etc you can make it. I.e. basically how good you are at making stuff. Even if you try to make a gun filled with ultra high tech bullets, sorry, you're still limited to 6d.

Since a nuke is *much* more than 6d, I'd guess that a single dot of MC simply isn't enough to make one.

Of course on the other hand you can make big clouds of clorine gas, or radiactive stuff that makes things all radioactive, so all isn't lost.

Well, the argument that the sun is a big quantum interferance reactor is a good one. Just saying "no I wouldnt allow it" though is heavy handed and again forced. Technically according to the rules it *should* be possible.
And that's the problem. A technical reading of the rules would allow you to do a lot of other things as well, things that just don't make sense.

Boy, this is another one of those things where I kind of agree with both view points. BT is talking sense because seriously, a warp gate to the heart of the Sun? That is just plain insanity!!

On the other hand opening a warp gate to the sun isn't half as hard as everyone makes it out to be. A nova with Quantum 5, Perception 5, Mega-Perception 5, and Warp 5 can statiscally expect to get ((10x.4=4)+(5x.9=4.5)+5 (for the Q-gained auto-sux))=13.5 successes per roll. That will take you straight out into interstellar space (2 trillion kilometers to be exact). 14 successes takes you half way to Alpha Centauri and 15 will get you to any one of about 20 nearby star systems. If a player with that sort of dice pool maxes their power roll, succeeds on the power max, and all they want to do is open a warp to the sun with the selective permeability extra added on? Dude, I really don't see how you can avoid this without being heavy-handed as an ST. It only takes 7-8 successes (depending on how far into the sun they want the warp to open up) to get the base distance, and if the player already has Q 4 or 5, that's all of 3-4 extra successes they need. Even if you stack on a diff. modifier, a player with a large enough dice pool has every right to expect to succeed at this given enough time.

My personal method of dealing with this? I'd warn the player that he was about to try something real stupid, and I'd indicate that attempting such a monumental feat and failing would carry some very severe penalties. But I wouldn't stop him if he was bound and determined to go through with it. If he failed I'd hit him with every nasty side-effect I could think of (especially if he botched, and if he botched badly - ooh! Lord help him!). If he actually succeeded...well then. That's probably the end of the campaign right there. If some of the other players get real creative and come up with some way to stop their teammate before he destroys the world (because seriously, even a small warp gate opened to the heart of the sun would unleash damage equivalent to Quantum Inferno), then hooray! Everyone's saved! This is also the outcome I would prefer, and I would help the other players think up ways to save the day, or possibly even max one of the NPCs powers to try and avoid Armeggedon. In all likelihood, things will work out. Either way though, you can bet that stupid-idiot-munchkin-boy is going to get the tongue-lashing of his life and will hopefully get the idea that pulling over the top stunts without putting in the necassary thought and care into what they're attempting is just not conducive to a good roleplay session.

My personal technique is to let muchkins be munchkins because, contrary to their popular belief, being a munchkin has a very high fatality rate. Especially in my games. Spending all your time trying to figure out how to twist and bend the rules means that you forget how to simply play by the rules, and next thing you know you get nailed by a straight-laced, goody-two-shoes, by the book, good old fashioned beating. Munchkins tend to forget that, by being a munchkin, they place themselves in competition with the ST. This is stupid because no matter how good they are at twisting the rules or finding loopholes, they're going up against someone with unlimited resources and unlimited IC knowledge of what's to come. So for my part, I simply use their own munchkinness against them and let them kill themselves off - or conversely, they actually wise up and learn their lesson and stop acting like munchkins - and the rest of us continue happily along our way, enjoying the game for what it is without feeling the need to act like a bunch of primadonnas.

However, Sensory Shield should protect against Shroud, Strobe, the Askew technique from Spatial Manipulation, and regular things like tear gas, flash-bangs (which, technically, are Strobe), LSD, and similar drugs.

Shroud? Shroud doesn't attack senses or the psion's body, it just encases an area in an effect. It doesn't stop that sense from working, because it isn't assaulting that sense at all...it's changes the environment. If Sensory Shield protects against Shroud, then it should also prevent a character from not being able to see at night because the darkness is blocking her sight, or let a character hear through a wall because the wall is blocking her hearing. If someone uses Shroud to encase an area in darkness, Sensory Shield has no application. It's the equivalent of the nova walking outside at night.

And how would Sensory Shield protect against drugs? You're overstating the scope of a level 1 power. If Sensory Shield can protect against anything that even remotely involves a nova's sensory faculties, then we would be arguing that it can defend against all Social rolls that involve talking to the nova, because the nova can "resist" the sounds entering his ears, thus allowing him to ignore The Voice, Persuader, and many other enhancements (as well as every Subterfuge, Seduction, Intimidation, etc. roll that involves talking). And we could argue that the nova with Sensory Shield can ignore any and all wound penalties because he can outright ignore all pain. And then we would argue a dozen other things.

Sensory Shield's use is basic and limited, because it is level 1.

Re: Warp to Sun

Actually, the added difficulty comes from aiming the Warp itself. The Warp text isn't clear at all on the mechanics of where a Warp can open up. Like if you say "New York!" and use Warp, but your character has never been to New York, nor does he know the direction to it from where he is now, or even where he is, should it work? Sure, a character can look at the Sun and know relatively where it is, but how the heck does he know the distance? I really wish the Warp power was more specific, because so much of it is open to interpretation.

Keep in mind that warping to the sun isn't something that adapt is going to help with. Adaptability helps with environmental things... but "the sun" and it's various effects are not "environmental" for the Earth any more than a nuke is.

So he makes a nuke, he dies in it, the gate shuts down before the earth dies (of course this assumes the gate isn't in the middle of the sun or everything drops dead instantly).

Keep in mind that warping to the sun isn't something that adapt is going to help with. Adaptability helps with environmental things... but "the sun" and it's various effects are not "environmental" for the Earth any more than a nuke is.

So he makes a nuke, he dies in it, the gate shuts down before the earth dies (of course this assumes the gate isn't in the middle of the sun or everything drops dead instantly).

Mmm...no. Adaptability helps with naturally ocurring environments "normally hostile to human life". So the sun, and all its attendant effects, would be included. This is how Cyrus Katrak, who travels through space and "channels quantum energy" to protect himself, and who has walked on the surface of the sun manages to survive. Of course if you're referring to someone using a warp gate to channel a focused blast of solar plasma as an attack, then no, Adaptability wouldn't help.

Mmm...no. Adaptability helps with naturally ocurring environments "normally hostile to human life". So the sun, and all its attendant effects, would be included. This is how Cyrus Katrak, who travels through space and "channels quantum energy" to protect himself, and who has walked on the surface of the sun manages to survive. Of course if you're referring to someone using a warp gate to channel a focused blast of solar plasma as an attack, then no, Adaptability wouldn't help.

Actually...page 62 APG, the surface of the Sun, a volcano, etc...So the thing to do in this case is have adaptability go to the sun...open a maxed warp+extra (with enough range on it you could open the warp within the sun...) to Earth and sit back and watch!

Would this count as an unnatural disaster? ::devil

Archived