Hi all, I had a few ideas for weapons and other tech and decided to post some of them here. I'm hoping if you have any items in mind that you'll post them here, they can be anything from vehicles to biological port-a-potties! ::crazy

Voss 32C Plasma Carbine: Shortly after the release of their Plasma Pistol, Voss designers began work on its carbine sibling. Taking the base design of the Plasma Pistol, famous for it’s power and equally powerful recoil, a butt was added to the carbine for recoil suppression. The key issues for the carbine were range, rate of fire and a ‘small’ clip. Designers knew that the Plasma Carbine would posses the shortest range of any carbine available, the first addition to enhance range was an extended barrel granting a mere 5 meters to its effective range. Voss executives were unimpressed and considered canceling the project, but gave the design team 2 weeks to come up with something to make the carbine more viable. During this time the team came up with a new cartridge, which rescued the entire project. The Twin Plasma Cartridge is 25% larger than its fist-sized cousin and more cylindrical in shape, containing 2 chambers to be energized via the carbine’s in-built laser, the two chambers allow for 2 shots to be fired without overheating. Having greater volume and two chambers, the cartridge also dramatically increased ammunition capacity and due to a re-designed laser to accommodate the TPC the range of the carbine was doubled.

Tech: HT Acc: +1 Dmg: 10d10 L Range: 50 Mnv: Ms, Sp, Tw Rof: 2 Clip: 14 Conc: O Mass: 3.5 Cost: ····· (restricted).

Banji 7.62 Typhoon Heavy Autopistol: Prior to the release of the Voss 22P Plasma Pistol, the Typhoon was enjoying the title of “Most Powerful Pistol” that has now been altered by Banji’s advertising department to “Most Powerful Autopistol”. Utilizing similar technology to its big brother the Tornado autocarbine and sharing the same ammunition. Despite it’s power and its regular appearance in Holovids, its popularity has been far from wide spread, limiting it’s use to weapon enthusiasts and a handful in the military who want a potent backup weapon. The Typhoon is nonexistent on Lunar and all orbital facilities due to the small but very real possibility of hull breach.

Tech: HT Acc: 0 Dmg: 7d10 L Range: 65 Mnv: Ms, Sa, Tw Rof: 2 Clip: 15 Conc: J Mass: 1.5 Cost: · · ·

Ok I have more stuff comming, they might not be great but i hope they'll give you ideas to start posting your own. ::biggrin

LeeStar DreamWex Compiler: Leestar is a fairly recent Australian Holotech company, named after its creator Lester Genvey by his 14yearold daughter. Originally producing high quality personal Vidcams and a large variety of headsets and goggles, and started to branch out into the dream recorder market. The success of the DreamWex Recorder prompted Genvey to expand the DreamWex series, disappointed with his design teams inability to come up with anything other than dream recorders with virtually no distinction from the first model. Genvey sought out ex-Orgotek engineers and designers, their fees almost crippled LeeStar, but they came through with a biotech-hardtech hybrid design for a dream compiler.

Utilizing existing LeeStar recorder headsets, the palm sized DreamWex Compiler is carried or worn by the user along with the recorder headset that picks up and stores images, sounds and smells encountered by the user. The organic “brain” in the device then selects which images and sensations to incorporate into the dream, and the agent AI orders them and prepares them for ‘viewing’. The DreamWex Compiler has three intensity settings for its dreams 1 being the tamest and least memorable but still pleasant and 3 being the most intense most memorable. The highest setting can produce wonderful dreams or horrifying nightmares and user discretion is advised! Formatting does little to the outcome of the dreams as the hardtech agent decides on what is shown, although it does grant the “brain” more sensory input, touch and taste are also incorporated. DreamWex Compiler also records both natural and compiled dreams.

Tech: Bio Mass: 1 Tolerance: 1 Cost: · · · · ·

Orgotek Biocockpit: Designed primarily for superior life support and moderately enhanced pilot-fighter integration and handling without the cost of replacing existing hardtech fighter craft with their biotech cousins. The Orgotek biocockpit is integrated into single seated hardtech hybrid fighters to provide pilots with a greater chance of survival should their craft be damaged or destroyed, as it utilizes identical technology to that of the Orgotech Locust Fighter cockpit. Orgotek is also developing a model for the popular two-seated fighter the Bakuhatsu E-15, however test models have only been capable of being formatted to a single pilot, leaving the other with basic flight and weapons controls. Orgotek is also due to release 2 new models resembling oversized flight suits for hardtech VARG pilots.

Tech: Bio Handling: +1 (formatted) Mass: Variable due to fighter size Tolerance: · · Cost: · · · ·

While I was thinking up another device this one just came to me and I couldn't resist including Code Indigo Bioapps. By the way if anyone thinks I've swiped a device here and there let me know so I can take them out of the list and apologise, i assure you i have no intention of swiping other people's ideas. ::thumbsup

Code Indigo Bioapps

Assassin Bug: Originally designed to sell to government and police agencies for its ability to enter a room and wait out a target undetected. The idea was to subdue its target using non-lethal poisons to make it simpler to capture a criminal or criminals. The dung beetle shaped bioapp had the potential of being used in hostage situations, crime busts, and could be deployed for severe riot situation. However these agencies immediately saw what would happen should the Pacifier Bugs, as they were called at the time, end up in the hands of criminals, extremist organizations and opposing governments and ordered the project be shut down and all information and equipment used for the project be impounded. Not all the data was taken and a desperate employee sold the plans to the underground. The code indigo Assassin Bug has a deadly toxin in place of the non-lethal variant, and is starting to emerge in the crime syndicates, so far governments have been fortunate that the Bugs are only being used to remove rival criminals but governments are on the alert and many government offices are being fitted with biotech detection devices. The initial Bugs required a psion to be formatted to them to implant the mission parameters, however the underground teams have developed a Biocomp that replaces the need for a psion. The inclusion of the Biocomp increases the price dramatically so all Bugs are sold as a pack; packs can have up to six Assassin Bugs and one Biocomp.

Tech: Bio Toxicity: 8 Lethal Mass: (Bugs) Negligible, (Biocomp) 3 Tolerance: · Cost: ····· · (Restricted) (Pack contains 1 Bug and 1 Biocomp) (· · · per additional bug).

Wow... me likey very much.

How 'bout this. It's not as good as the stuff you've been spouting out Ayre el KaBeer ::biggrin , probably because it's 1 part of 37 pages (and growing ::smokin ) of tech I've come up with that still needs perfecting...

AL-GADS [Automatic Laser Guided Armoured Defence System]: These quad cannons, ATV or tripod mounted, are able to differentiate between friend and foe by thermal resonance scanning, vocal, finger print and DRS (Distance Retinal Scanning). These weapons are then able to fire on enemies and protect allies.

This device must be formatted to all allies that are likely to be anywhere near it.

Tech: Bio, Accuracy: +2, Range: 600, RoF: 8 (2 per barrel), Clip: 1,000, Mass: 68, Tolerance: N/A, Cost: ••••• • - (clip) •••

So, wadya think? I'm not sure if this is my best, and I wouldn't mind suggestions on perfecting it...

Mmmmm! I like it, i had something similar in mind but simply because it is a quad gun it wins out ::thumbsup If you want ideas on which company is likely to have designed it in the trinity world try one of the popular or at least common companies and based on its fairly low price I'd say maybe fueradler, LK, or banji still if you want it to be your own all the better! Oh wait it's biotech! Um... Maybe Sudamerica's Biosystems, because i think they're the only company to have vehicle class bio-weaponry. By the way what dammage do you have in mind and will it be a vehicle class weapon? Reading it again I spotted Mass 68! WOW!!!!!!!!! ::shocked

There is a slight problem with companies... Sure, use one of them if you want to use it, but my tech was designed with my campaign setting in mind. I actually left stuff out because it would just confuse people. So companies in my settin ain't a problem but I'm not sure otherwise.

Oh Yeah! I didn't realise I left damage out... thanks. I'll think about that... And as for the mass, this weapon is totally automated, with a large number of scanners. I mentioned ATVs, but now I'm not sure... what would you suggest?

::unsure Im not really sure, let's face it though with a mass that high it might as well be some kind of super weapon. I have an idea! it doesn't have to do masive amounts of dammage but it could have an incredible amount of armour on it, especially considerring any enemy is going to want to take it out as soon as possible so they can proceed to taking whatever is being defended. as far as it being mounted on a vehicle it would have to go on a support weopns mount so only tank and support VARGS could ever hope to have it on board, it's range is too short for space defence unless you want it to fire energy rather than projectiles. Also i'd recommend Having the control system being bio and the weapon itself being hardtech, meant to put that in earlier sorry.

Armour, hmmm... I wish I'd thought of that. And yeah, energy would be a good idea.

As for damage, the AL-GADS is a support weapon, not anti-vehicle or anything, it's just meant to plow down foot soldiers.

I have much, much worse for anti-vehicle (and orbital) waponry ::devil .

One of these days, I'll have to go over all of my tech and add a helluvalot more detail to 'em.

Cheers.

When I say support i mean it the way it's stated in the trinity tech manual, sonething to be strapped on tanks and tears the hell out of anything it hits, as far as antipersonell trinity considers that Assault class. Mmmm! bigger and bader ways to take out vehicles i can't wait for those! And WolfHaulen will do for now thanks. ::thumbsup

Ok people I want feedback on this one what do you think?

Rheinmetall (Heulender Wolf) Howling Wolf: Based loosely on the common Fueradler, the Howling Wolf is a light VARG with crowd control and policing in mind, even enough to include police lights, a siren and megaphone. The smallest of the European designed VARG’s, the Howling Wolf is just short of 2.5meters, and is designed to apprehend and detain people without the need to obliterate them as with other VARG’s. Armed with a heavy Web emitters on each arm, two shoulder mounted sonic turrets with the ability to emit a wide sonic shockwave to incapacitate multiple targets or a focused wave for individual targets, the shockwave draws on both weapons while firing preventing more than one per turn. Also like the Fueradler any infantry weapon can be used in the Howling Wolf’s hand at +1 accuracy, however unlike the Fuerdler the hands also allow for fine control, this helps in holding someone without causing injury, etc. The small upraised section between the shoulders has specialized audio sensors designed specifically to pickup key sounds that would point out a concealed human. Since the Howling Wolf’s duties are essentially anti-personnel, it does not require tremendous amounts of armor and strength, though it can still tear apart many things (and people) should the need ever arise. It’s small size, relatively light armor and along with the weapons systems keep its price low to make it a viable policing option.

VT: VARG Tech: Hardtech CS: 50km/h TS: 120km/h Handling: +3 Cost: Not available commercially Armor: 2[4] Weapons: Two heavy Web emitters (Acc: +5, Dmg: 8d10B*, Range: 120, Ammo: 40), two Sonic turrets (Acc: +1/ + 10 (focused shot/ shockwave), Dmg: 10d10B**, Range: 200/ 75 (focused/ shockwave), Ammo: N/A (draws on reactor for power). Strength Effect: 4[2] Sensor Bonus: 2 (4 for detecting people within 150 meters). Life Support: 8 hours.

* See Web emitters in Trinity core rules and Story tellers screen.

** See Screamers in Trinity core rules and Story tellers screen.

Standard VARG already has thermal in its sensor package and the audio sensors pickup signs of humans ie. breathing, heartbeat, shuffling, sneezing, whispering, etc. I just thought it would be a nice addition to it and since it seems with every new VARG released a new gizmo is added and i wanted to maintain that, what can i say im a traditionalist at heart. ::closedeyes

As for SnakeEyes AL-GADS ( good for a company name don't you think? ), if they weren't scanned by the device previously then they shouldn't have been there in the first place and probably saw too much! ::crazy

Now that i think about it I'd only consider using the AL-GADS for defence of special military or government "research" facilities. ::ninja

Yeah, the AL-GADS is a primarily defensive system, giving cover fire to allow allies to cros into friendly territory. As for military facilities, it isn't uncommon to see them.

They are set into the ground, and auto-deploy when an unformatted unfortunate happens to wander near enough. Or they are integrated into a troop carrier to give a nice, clean (but slightly red) area for the troops to get out into.

Has anyone thought of morphing tech for Norca and shapeshifting aliens? For example, if a shifter needs to maintain contact, but also needs to keep his hide covered, then he needs a somekind of comm. link (probably radio, I don't think microwaves would be a good idea) that morphs to fit him whatever form he's in....

Hey SnakeEyes have you thought about what the AL-GADS armor (if any) and dammage ratings are going to be? And what kind of funky gizmo's do your alien race posess, do they need environmental gear, robotic (biotech servants), etc.

To everyone else have you got any ideas for devices, weapons, vehicles, anything else you can think of? if you don't want to go into writting up the device just post it and im sure if someone takes an interest will write it up for you so long as you describe how you want it to work. ::thumbsup

Ok.... armour ratings and damage ratings...

Hmm... I'm not sure for either. As the AL-GADS is generally anit-personnel, but needs enough power to stun the driver of a lightly armoured vehicle. Maybe I should add anti-vehicle rockets to the bundle...

As for armour, how would I put it? Would I set it like vehicle armour?

If so, tell me if you don't think it is heavy enough, how 'bout 5[8]? Or maybe heavier (or lighter)?

ANy suggestions for either?

5[8] seems like more than enough armor, as far as dammage goes i'd keep it like the heavymachine gun in the tech manual which is a vehicle class weapon ( 7d10[5] ) if not a medium laser ( 6d10[5] ) or a medium coilgun ( 6d10[10] ) , each has it's advantages and dissadvantages and a missile launcher is too much and would bring the cost right up.

SnakeEyes, hows this for a Norca communiator

Orgotek Bio-Communicator

Orgotek engineers, after studying the capabilities of several radio implants and deciding the world needs more nifty toys, designed a bioapp that can duplicate many of its capabilities. The communicator resembles a circular patch about an inch and a half in diameter, and when formatted and placed anywhere on the psion’s skin becomes almost undetectable (+4 difficulty to find during a search). It has the ability to send and receive microwave, radio, and infrared communications over an average range of 20 kilometers, and has cellular capabilities. It can provided uplink capabilities by connecting to a hardtech computer via a bodynet adapter or connect directly to a formatted biotech computer. In addition this device works on mental commands and can also optionally send what the user is seeing and hearing. This device does not work unformatted. Tech: Bio Mass: Negligible Tolerance: · Cost: · · ·

::thumbsup I like it overall, personally i'd increase both the tolerance and the price and decrease the units range since it can piggyback off other things anyway. I don't like the idea of microwavs but since orgotek built it it makes sense, other than that it's great, still why a norca communicator? ::unsure

SnakeEyes wanted a radio that shapeshifters could use in ::ninja covert ops, and I figured this would work.

I might increase the tolerance to two, but I want to keep the price below the implant radio, and that cost four. as for the range, thats not that important to me, I just picked a number that was slightly smaller that the one that implant radio had.

thanks for the advice though ::smiley5 ::teleport

Rheinmetall (WolfHeulen) WolfsHowl: Based loosely on the common Fueradler, the WolfsHowl is a light VARG with crowd control and policing in mind, even enough to include police lights, a siren and megaphone.

As a German, I'd just like to comment on the designation of the VARG:

The Rheinmetall Fueradler was always spelled wrong. Fire Eagle would translate to Feueradler in german.

Might I suggest Heulender Wolf, "Howling Wolf", as a more authentic sounding german designation for your original VARG design? "Wolfsgeheul" is an actual word, but no one would use it to name a class of military vehicles.

Otherwise, great design! ::biggrin

wee! more tech to play with!

i always thought trinity needed more "mundane" tech, everyone and the friend has designed a varg or gun or new armor, but what about everyday household advances? i think stuff like that would be great... a biotech toaster might be to far, but things that would get everday use...

-a bit of randomness for you all

Archived