Adventure! RPG - Wish lists aplenty!

CHILL

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to ruin this for you, but do you not know that Adventure is supposed to be a one-off book?  I know that it is a bummer, I would love to see stuff like I guide to the Aeon Society and all the usual sourcebooks, continents and the like.  Perhaps we can get somebody to do stuff here?  I would if I were not so damn lazy and busy!

Aeon

Yeah I know about Adventure being only one book.....  pain in the backside that it is.....

What Im hoping to do is get some interest going in here to generate some netbooks.  Tom (aka Senior Mal) Martin is already kinda working on some setting stuff, and Ive got another couple of guys interested as well in posting stuff.

If the book did well enough and the other two lines continue to sell WW might think differently about Adventure.  You never know :)

We can only live in hope!  Was'nt there another WW book that was only supposed to be a one off, and became popular enough to keep going on a permanent basis?  I can not remember which one though!  ########## or Perhaps Vampire : The Dark Ages.  I forget.

It was indeed Vampire: The Dark Ages, however lets not forget this is Vampire, it was bound to sell. I'll demonstrate:

Ideas Man: O.K chief I've got this great idea to really push the Aberrant line.

White Wolf Executive 1: Fine, lets hear it.

Ideas Man: Aberrant...Candles! and possibly license plates.

White Wolf Executive 1: I'm not sure.

White Wolf Executive 2: They're not very likely to sell are they?

White Wolf Executive 1: Anymore bright ideas Einstein.

Ideas Man: ...Vampire candles?

White Wolf Executive 1: ...Its...Genius!

White Wolf Executive 2: Brilliant!

Ideas Man: and what about Vampire license plates

White Wolf Executive 1: Fantastic!

White Wolf Executive 2: Amazing!

Repeat Ad Nauseum

Ooh ooh, I've just spotted another classic example. For more than a few days now the Wolf has been displaying a sale on all Wraith books because they're going out of print, perfectly reasonable I hear you cry, however in the Wolfs infinite wisdom they then decide to spend a load of money to reprint a book about Spectres for a game line that they're trying to sell off.

Does anybody else have 'DOH!' screaming around their head

• 3 weeks later...

:P Wel, the Developer has said Adventure! is selling quite well, despite initial bad expectaions. In some areas it is known to sell = to Exalted. So, the possibility is very real for more stuff.

So, now that it is a ligitament question again, what junk would you want to see for Adventure???

Me? I'd like dice first, ST screen, Player's Guide, and then a book of exotic placess like the lost land, the underworld fantasy world, and Dr. Zorbo's flighing fortress!

In that order. And, also because Adventure! is still technicaly under WW banner, it can still get ST Guides!  :colgate

I'd agree, although WW have repeatedly said that they are nervous about ST guides, as they traditionally dont sell well at all...

Players Guide would probably be the first thing they would release, if they make anymore releases that is :)

As WW likes to do it, it seems that ST screens with ST handbook is ussualy first in the row of ussual main books (i.e. Player's, ST's Guides and such). Dice ussualy come after or before, than they eventual get to a Player's Guide either right away, or they sit on it for a year or two after some supplaments like adventure (no pun intended) books come out.

I think they are savy enough to know to relese more "core" stuff (Player's, ST's Guide) before more "fluff" stuff like story/adventure books. At lest this is the impression I get when talking to Mr. B.

Yeah - as the main ST' for our group I'd prefer a host of ST sduff - but dont forget that Trinity and Aberrant didnt get ST guides.....  Hidden Agendas for Trinity, whislt very useful, wasn't a ST guide.

Players Guides - Trin and Ab both got them.....

I remember (sifting through the poor excuse of a memory I am burdened with) that in the developer charts (perhaps?) that ST guides, and things like City Books for WoD aren't that good at performing, which is one of the reasons that the order books in Trin were region/order books - to increase the potential sales.....

Personally I'm not a fan of branded dice - i've got too many d10's floating around the house as it is (you find them in the _wierdest_ places don't you?!?!?) - so no more dice thanks :)

Bring on the Players Guide - it would sell, all group members would be potential purchasers, and I prefer player focused products anyways, even though it means I have to do more work myself.......

Dr.0 - what other products would you like to see after your core requests?

Also, how do you feel about non-canon publications - I've got a lot of requests for Trinity supplements, A-Z Players guide was the first (and put together a bit quickly to be honest).....

But I'm busy creating a core team of staff for Europnet, one of their man jobs is going to be writing web supplements for Trin, Ab and A! - any thoughts on what you would like to see?

Or do you steer clear of non-official publications  (I did until Aeon to be honest - but I got tired of waiting!!)....

:cool

Copy/Paste Dr.0's friend. 0 like.

<>

Yeah, I doubt it will happen, but there is a CHANCE of it happening IF Adventure stays under the WW banner instead of the Arthoude banner, as Arthouse' policy for no area/ST books. ST Screens and Handbooks seem to be exempt, I am guessing because they contain helpful stuff (Spill over from Core Book) that both ST and Player can and will use. Personally, the way they have set up Adventure, I don't think it really needs a ST Guide yet, as it's meta plot is far less complex compared to Trinity and Aberrant.

<>

Oh yeah! God bless those books.

<>

Yup. All true. Especially for Arthouse. That is way Arthouse has a "No Area/ST Books" policy. I remember Bruce said they MIGHT consider it in the future if sales go up. (Yeah, right.)

<>

I'z likes to collect purdy dice all shiny and differant.

<>

I just hope to God they learn to organize the darn thing better than the last PG. Ug!

<

Well, the region book I mentioned with exotic locals. I REALLY think you need a book like that for a game like Adventure(!), because one of the staples of adventurous stories is exotic locations

<>

I rather liked the A_Z book. Very cleaver. Reminded me of a Babylon 5 manual I have. Nice art too. Where did that come from? I liked the "mysterious" characters and the secret organization in charge of the station, as well as the cultists.

One thing I noticed missing is a description of the situation with any local Aberrants (if any). most of the Trinity area books mention the Taint ridden bugers in at lest a paragraph. I suspect some of the mysterious people might be some stealth Aberrants. LOVED the bit about the Electrokinetic’s with mysterious Psi Powers and might be able to learn more Modes out side his aptitude. That was creepy and cleaver.

Also, is there any Alien Presence, like Quin, or Doyen (gulp!)?

<

Hummmm... A setting "book" for the 2 would be wonderful to set online games. you could get a lot of mileage out of that. One of these days, when I get some REAL free time, I intend to write some optional rules for Psi powers (because I have a lot of problems with some of there applications) and doing a full fledged Crossover book, as I believe I have some wonderful ideas for Crossover rules, and Aberrants in Trinity setting fascinate me for some odd reason. I would LOVE to see what other fans would do with similar ideas (Crossover Rules, Optional Psi Rules).

<>

I have not really had the fortune of coming across any really interesting Web-Publications except Absolute Zero. Some stuff on N! Prime is nice though.

Hum. That's anoying. It does not show what I write in << >>.

I'll do this again. Sorry. Wasn't aware of that.

Spory if this takes up space. YOu can delete the previous post if you like.

Copy/Paste Dr.0's friend. 0 like.

“Yeah - as the main ST' for our group I'd prefer a host of ST stuff - but don’t forget that Trinity and Aberrant didn’t get ST guides.....  Hidden Agendas for Trinity, whilst very useful, wasn't a ST guide. “

Yeah, I doubt it will happen, but there is a CHANCE of it happening IF Adventure stays under the WW banner instead of the Arthoude banner, as Arthouse' policy for no area/ST books. ST Screens and Handbooks seem to be exempt, I am guessing because they contain helpful stuff (Spill over from Core Book) that both ST and Player can and will use. Personally, the way they have set up Adventure, I don't think it really needs a ST Guide yet, as it's meta plot is far less complex compared to Trinity and Aberrant.

“Players Guides - Trin and Ab both got them.....”

Oh yeah! God bless those books.

“I remember (sifting through the poor excuse of a memory I am burdened with) that in the developer charts (perhaps?) that ST guides, and things like City Books for WoD aren't that good at performing, which is one of the reasons that the order books in Trin were region/order books - to increase the potential sales.....”

Yup. All true. Especially for Arthouse. That is way Arthouse has a "No Area/ST Books" policy. I remember Bruce said they MIGHT consider it in the future if sales go up. (Yeah, right.)

“Personally I'm not a fan of branded dice - I’ve got too many d10's floating around the house as it is (you find them in the _wierdest_ places don't you?!?!?) - so no more dice thanks “

I'z likes to collect purdy dice all shiny and differant.

“Bring on the Players Guide - it would sell, all group members would be potential purchasers, and I prefer player focused products anyways, even though it means I have to do more work myself.......”

I just hope to God they learn to organize the darn thing better than the last PG. Ug!

“Dr.0 - what other products would you like to see after your core requests?”

Well, the region book I mentioned with exotic locals. I REALLY think you need a book like that for a game like Adventure(!), because one of the staples of adventurous stories is exotic locations

“Also, how do you feel about non-canon publications - I've got a lot of requests for Trinity supplements, A-Z Players guide was the first (and put together a bit quickly to be honest).....”

I rather liked the A_Z book. Very cleaver. Reminded me of a Babylon 5 manual I have. Nice art too. Where did that come from? I liked the "mysterious" characters and the secret organization in charge of the station, as well as the cultists.

One thing I noticed missing is a description of the situation with any local Aberrants (if any). most of the Trinity area books mention the Taint ridden bugers in at lest a paragraph. I suspect some of the mysterious people might be some stealth Aberrants. LOVED the bit about the Electrokinetic’s with mysterious Psi Powers and might be able to learn more Modes out side his aptitude. That was creepy and cleaver.

Also, is there any Alien Presence, like Quin, or Doyen (gulp!)?

“But I'm busy creating a core team of staff for Europnet, one of their man jobs is going to be writing web supplements for Trin, Ab and A! - any thoughts on what you would like to see?”

Hummmm... A setting "book" for the 2 would be wonderful to set online games. you could get a lot of mileage out of that. One of these days, when I get some REAL free time, I intend to write some optional rules for Psi powers (because I have a lot of problems with some of there applications) and doing a full fledged Crossover book, as I believe I have some wonderful ideas for Crossover rules, and Aberrants in Trinity setting fascinate me for some odd reason. I would LOVE to see what other fans would do with similar ideas (Crossover Rules, Optional Psi Rules).

“Or do you steer clear of non-official publications  (I did until Aeon to be honest - but I got tired of waiting!!)....”

I have not really had the fortune of coming across any really interesting Web-Publications except Absolute Zero. Some stuff on N! Prime is nice though.

Let's see if this shows up this time.

OKey dokey - some answers re A-Z first methinks....

Aberrants - dont like em, so I didnt include em.  Seriously though, I wanted the hardest things on the station to be dodgy, all too human kinds, like 'A' (who Im playing on the IC game incidentally)......  I also wanted to make sure that A-Z was a place the characters could flourish without having to know a damn thing about the Trinity setting...

Thats way the orders are only partially represented at best, Aeon got blown to bits in my first campaign (literally - bombed!) and I steered clear of Aberrants........

As for alien's, yep - there was a very very brief appearance of the Qin (1 ambassador with bodyguard), but it was one of those 'guest appreance' moments....  they came, saw and went away in about 10 minutes....

Again, I wanted the setting to be detached and very different from erth/luna/mars et al...

Another reason why I kept the setting based before the return of the Upeo......  even now (with campaign 3 soon to start, and up to date with canon timeline) I dont allow them on A-Z as PC's.  simple.

As for my campaign - Im busy writing it up for publication as an adventure / expanded setting thingy -  problem is the story is something like 26 segments long :(

Im getting there - just not as quickly as I'd like.  To make things easier, I'd freeformed the whole thing, so I'm busy scouring my memory, and that of my players to make sure I include everything.....

OK - thats A-Z...  now onto unofficial publications....

A-Z Players Guide ws the first of many to come.  I'm currently writing up my first A-Z campaign, called (retrospectively)  'Invasion at Zero Degree's'.....  Senior Mal is busy writing up a brilliant Aberrant game we recently completed at our group - as well as a complete setting thingy based around his 'Naughty Hellfire Club' for Adventure! (on the Adventure! section of this site)......

What I am planning to do, along with the staffers, is take contributions and turn them into 'publications' like the A-Z Players Guide - layout, format, size etc.......  and give them all away on the site.

Im busy working on the next version of the site (I'm not happy with the current layout, and I need to finallise site management with staffers)......  which will allow for all contributions to be properly DTP'd and easily downloadable.......

Should kickstart the new design early in 2002 (mid Jan methinkgs)....

See the private message I'm about to send you to go and have a look at the inital concept for the homepage of the site....

Cheers..

• 3 weeks later...

I already have a gazetteer for Adventure!, only White Wolf didn't write it.  The Dictionary of Imaginary Places, by Alberto Manguel and Gianni Guadalupi, has more places in it than any one Storyteller could ever use.  It's an encyclopedia of fictional places that are accessible from Earth and that have appeared in published works.  It has descriptions, maps, and just about whatever else you might need for over 1200 places ranging from J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-Earth to Edgar Rice Burrough's Pellucidar to J.K. Rowling's Hogwarts (new to the latest edition) to Jonathan Swift's Laputa (the flying island in Gulliver's Travels).

Personally, I'd rather not see White Wolf clutter up the game line with a bunch of source books.  My experience with White Wolf's other lines has been that after a certain point (usually right after the core book), further books develop things that I don't find interesting, develop things in directions that I don't find interesting, and bog down the game with a storyline that I don't find interesting.  Of course I just Golden Rule the whole thing, but it's annoying to have to explain to my players that the stuff on page 56 is part of my game, but the stuff in Chapter 2 is not.

i'm also finding lots of ideas in my old Cthulhu stuff, especially the 'Sourcebook for the 1920's' in the old boxed set. I've also got several tomes from the Time-Life "Mysteries of the Unknown" series to rifle through.

I'm living at my dad's with a 12-year old godbrother (don't ask), and my step-mom finds many of my books disturbing  :Devil

Hi All  :Thumbs Up

I'm New here (I'm from Spain, that's why my writted English is so bad... excuse me...)

Well, I d'ont know anything about Trinity or Aberrant, but when I listened that WW will send ADVENTURE! I'll fall in love. I've been playing RPG the las 12 years (playing like player and Master of many games). The last 2 years, I have only been Master of games like "Castle of Falkenstein" and "Space 1889" trying to scape of the tentacles of WOD (but I have made plays of Vampire, WereWolf, Inquisition, Wraith, the best of all the line, and many others..)

Well, this part is about if I would like to see more Adventure Books... Well... if the books will be Campaigns, litlle Adventures ...welll YES!!! I'LL WILL BUY IT INMEDIATLY...

But if WW makes more Adventure books... Well probarbly they will start with : "Book of DAREVILS, new knakcs, virtues, flaws, new Character Sheet", and "Book of Mesmerists..." and things like that...

And don't forget things like... "COMPENDIUM OF THE CONGO JUNGLE" with a lot of information but nothing created... Be informed is important, but with a campaign, you have enought information when it finishes to play in the scenari of the campaing during all your life (with a litlle of imagination..)

It's good to have manuals... but... WW don't sells good Campaings Books... It's a real pitty...

AAAH! I have made a PDF storyteller screen (in english)... Can I upload it here?? Somebody want's it??? Well, if some of you want it.. you can e-mail me at jda@inicia.es

JDA (excuse me again for my writted english...)

I like the ST Board JDA!  I may have to make good use of it!  :)

Nice to have you on the forum!  Whereabouts are you from in Sunny Spain?  And by the way, your English is not that bad, and a damn sight better than any foreign language I can speak.  My French sounds like a castrated chicken trying to communicate!   :)

JDA: you're english is better then, well, quite a few english people I know (heh, I didn't include you scots in that Aeon!)

ooh, Aeon, don't mention chickens.... Mal gets all, erm, wierd(er), when you mention chickens......

:D

JDA: you're english is better then, well, quite a few english people I know (heh, I didn't include you scots in that Aeon!)

ooh, Aeon, don't mention chickens.... Mal gets all, erm, wierd(er), when you mention chickens......

:D

Aye, ye better not.  Ya ken we speaks English better.   :)

And chickens?

Archived