What is your favourite RPG?

CHILL

Personally I'll have a go at anything once (stop sniggerig at the back!)....

I usually GM games through - so this is what I GM (in order of preference)

1) Trinity

2) Known World (home made fantasy game, based on ST)

3) Vampire: TM (although Ive lost interest in recent years)

4) Noir (gangster pulp game)

As for playing:

1) Aberrant

2) Known World (home made fantasy game - we have 2 gms for this, me and Senior Mal)

3) Star Trek

4) D&D 3rd ed (long story.......)

Out of all Trinity is by far my favourite game, followed by Known World / Aberrant a joint second.

These three rock!

For me its still got to be Vampire (If only I could find some young innocents to ply my trade to) after that probably Tinity.

I ST Aberrant mostly so I don't know what its like to play. I'm also not sure I've worked out the best way to run the world. Whether to go for gritty angst or spangly superheroes (and before anyone says anything its very difficult to get a mix) So far I've gone more for the gritty angst types (my group seem to be the cynical types)

I've also got a large horror collection like Cthulu, Heaven & Earth, Kult, Delta Green etc but haven't managed to build up the nerve to try and GM one. Horror deserves to be done right after all.

• 4 weeks later...

Heh....

Known World is a fantasy setting that Senior Mal and I have written based on some rules that circulated the net about a year and a half ago called 'Fantasy Using Trinity' - I _think_ they were by Nikolai Lemke (sp?).

Basically we have setting, rules, magic system, combat systems, character creation, 'big book 'o bad guys' and a massive 1st campaign sorted (kinda)...

and its going to be in print format....  when Mal and I can sort all the various notes, mutiple files (Photoshop, Word, Publisher et al), back of fag packet scribblings etc and turn it into some sense that people other then we can understand....

soooo.....  yep, theres gonna be a version available.  In fact, Im thinking of setting up a website for it and giving it away, but probably early next year.  Europnet eats my spare time at the moment.

You could quiz Mal about it for some interesting info through - he's ST'd the first 'third' of the campaign already, and has a 'hands-on' idea of how it works, as a player (me played in game!) it went really, really well :)

Ill dig out some of the introduction stuff and post it here in a bit for you.

Cheers Joseph.....

Although I've still got the pdf downloads from the site, we heavily modified things for the Known World.

In fact, i've just been skimming through what we have, and its a couple of hundred pages of stuff.........

I'd forgot how much we had done :)

More to come on this as I tidy the documents up and pdf 'em :)  

Glad you found the link tho9ugh - i've wanted to place a link to 'based (loosly) on these rules' in the final version of the book.

Im fairly certain the map we used in the game was done by Steve Otte of aeonsociety.org fame but I could be wrong.

Lessee...

Aberrant (wonderful!)

NeoTech2 (second edition of a Swedish cyberpunk game; the best in its genre on the market, imo).

Eon 2 (see notes for NeoTech2, supply "cyberpunk" with "fantasy"; same realistic system as N2 which makes the act of letting your sword stay in the sheath a matter of survival)

KULT (´coz we Swedes rule)

Fading Suns (Maybe the best gaming world ever)

Shadowrun (Because I´ve played it so goddamn much...)

...the list goes on...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well....

The Known World system works around points allocation ala White Wolf systems.

Your starting points allow you to invest in Art (magic / arcane) skills (like disciplines or Modes I suppose) and a slew or combat and martial skills (theres loads, some have 3 levels and a lot have 5 levels, with many many different effects).

Where you come from in the Known World, and your cultures beliefs play heavily on your ultimate 'career' choices - but I structured the system with Senior Mal (my partner in crime for the Known World) so it was kinda 'flat' and that there are no set career classes as such.

There are certainly ability groups based on allegiances (which also sometimes place restrictions or benefits on what Art and Combat skills you can have at character creation).

For example, you can have a character that throws everything into Art or everything into Combat - or neither, or a multitude of combinations of all the above.

Its quite flexible really :)

That help?

More info wanted?

:(  hmmm, i feel a little outclassed now, i've been gaming six years and have only ever played one non-white wolf game, and it wasn't d&d... perhaps i shouldn't admit to this... my favorte games are though:

Gurps Discworld (now if i could on;y find a group)

Aberrant

Adventure

Trinity

-harlequin

• 2 months later...

hmm, fav games? k

trinity (st'd this one game for four years, i better like it)

adventure (my st for this is incredible, just awesome)

changleling

mage

aberrant (i haven't *played* per se but i'm reeeeaaaallly close, honest)

hmm, no worries harle, i've almost never played outside of white wolf and a few homemade systems, and i've been gamming just as long as you have. hehe, i'm such a total gamming gimp  :sigh

jake

• 2 weeks later...

Fave games:

Call of Cthulhu

Adventure!

GURPS (esp. swashbucklers)

Run out the Guns (never played it, though)

Rolemaster 2nd ed (yikes!)

d20 D&D (I know, how weird, but I'm having fun reliving my JR high days)

I like the other WW stuff, but I got too tired of the new edition a year thing, and doubt my editions are even compatible with anyone else's now.

I like the other WW stuff, but I got too tired of the new edition a year thing, and doubt my editions are even compatible with anyone else's now.

I know the feeling. I have first edition Wraith. At least with that, I'll only be one edition behind.  :D

-Joseph

Favorite games:

Aeon

D&D

Rifts (yeah the system isn't the best but the game is still good)

Elric

Star wars

WoD (Mage, Vampire and wraith. I like changeling but it's hard to fit with the others game.)

To be fair, I haven't played aberrant or adventure! yet...Seeing the good reviews though I might try out adventure! soon.

• 1 month later...

Im not that big fan of ST:ing but Im the GM off Abb.

But I rather play it.

I got this nice character ::butbut

I hopa someone else could ST abb so I could play.  

Vinc?!?! ::bigsmile

Well other games I like is Trinity and Starwars seems good.

Adventure is a little down at the moment.

And I never liked WoD

And by the way  ::downmal  ::smokin

Name a time and place, André my friend, and I bet we can get the group together.

Now, I just need to get my Ab char fixed...

Too many choices! *head explodes*

Right, favourite games:

ST:

Trinity

BESM

Aberrant

Gemini

Adventure!

Play:

Trinity

Aberrant

Mutant Chronicles

Haven't played other games enough.

The somewhat-cool games I've mostly read on are:

KULT

Dragonfire 6th ed

Star Wars 2nd ed

Fave games?

I'd go, in no particular order, with :

- Trinity

- Blue Planet

- Tribe 8 (Pre-Vimary Burns)

- Vampire (When STed by The Draconian Garden Gnome, our current ST)

- Changeling

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Aberrant and Adventure, but I try to include games I've STed or Played sufficiently to have a solid opinion about.

Nat

Archived