WOOHOO!

GDP_ST

We can have babies!!!!! laugh

Some background might be in order:

8 years ago, before we met, my wife was involved in a nasty car accident, in which she was a passenger. She was the only one of three to suffer serious injury.

Her spine, hip, leg and pelvis were broken badly, and she carries a lot of metalwork in her lower half to compensate. Her surgeon told her that she would never be able to carry a baby.

Now, today we went to get a consult here, since she had some worries about her cagework and the pain she had recently (last two to three years) started experiencing. It came up that everything was doing very well, and all she needed was some physiotherapy to help with pain management. She mentioned carrying children, and the surgeon told us that in his opinion, she would have NO TROUBLE AT ALL in carrying a child to term, and even conventional delivery was favorable.

Needless to say, we are gobsmacked. Delirious. Ecstatic. Manic. And dancing around naked whooping. laugh

I know its kind of personal, but I just had to share this with everyone I know (she's off doing the same on her forums and newsgroups: we're such net-nerds! :P )

So, expect me to be bubbling and totally impossible to deal with the next time I'm in chat (which won't be till early in the morning here until Monday night, when I get a whole night off.)

Hope to see some of you tomorrow morning my time. Expect me to be incoherent, seeing as I'm staying up and eating pizza with my darling when Mr Sensible would be getting some sleep. :rolleyes:

Congrats!!!!

We have two of our own, and let met tell you this:

HELL AWAITS!!!

Getting up every two hours!

Changing twenty diapers a day!

All kinds of nastiness coming out of such a tiny bundle of joy!

It will still be the best time you ever invest.

w00t! w00t!!

Archived