I am looking for players or story tellers

Paradise

I am trying to get an aberrant game going, I have just about all the book,and wanted to know if any lived near by Stanta Cruz Califorina.. by near by I mean as away a san fran... there..seeing as that that area is about 10,000,000 people..I would say my odds are preaty good.

I am willing to play any of the Whte wolf games,and some other games as well such as shadowrun, some the d20 games(dnd,wot.).. among others..In other words I just want to play...

welcome aboard paradise! my group is just north of san francisco, but EON is looking for someone to storytell a play-by-post game. trinity, aberrant and adventure are all open. if you're at all interested i can tell you more, if not don't worry about it... ::thumbs-up hope you like the boards...

Well, I think I could make up there ,once i get a job... i tend to like  game at the power level of say sipder man..You know  I am guessing like 15-20 nova points..but I am fexable..as far the story teller post by post,what the hell just tell me about everthing.....

I hope you have an slightly open mind about some powers ie I think some poweres are over opered,and should be changed off hand I have to say Bodymorph is broken.But other than that I see no magor problems with most powers and love the world up untill the way the nova age ended.

I am up to story telling if poeple are willng to up with my typos..I will strive to get those out of the way..but  I would love to do a game,, the players can be whatever factoin they want to be,as long as there is reason for the to work together... If it is going ot be by post and I was to story tell, I would have  two rules out of the normal..One only 20 points,two  up to 14 point of edges and or flaws.

All character would have to be aprovved by me,and all charatcer should have a good back gorund, not a great one but one that is better than..hey myc haracter was a paro,and stuff so he is the master of flame now... ::partyhat

Wow! That didn't take a lot of convincing!  ::thumbs-up

Only problem is I don't have any books with me so you'd have to remind me the nova point costs. Also what type of game would we be looking at? Four-Colour spandex heroes or gritty black Dark Knightish chronicle? Mucho combat or lotsa intrigue? Oh and the play by post game can be played in the chat forum...there's even a die-roller! (unless that changed with the new site layout)

As for finding a group in Santa Cruz, you should try your local university gaming club.

Will be thinking about a character concept soon (after I finish this assignment for tuesday..)

Um I would be lost up there,and USSC is not famous for liking the locals,and vice vresa...

As for the posting gmae, it is not what Iw a slooking for but but in tame like this  you should not demand too much.After all better to have water than nothing?

I was thinking a darker ,and yet lighter.As in the world has more problems than the normal setting but there is mroe hope that things will get bbetter.

http://www.darkshire.org/~jhkim/rpg/aberrant/index.html

Oh in my world there is a city of nova in novada.. the leader of withc made a deal with US sentate to have this land in exchange for servies rendered.

They are lead by Vangaurd one the five most powerful nova in the world..When he had a fight with Pax, it lasted for hours, Pax was clearly stronger,but Vangaurd was clever and not trying to iwn, rather to stay alive. the fight was in 2003,and wile it was huge thing, everyone thought Vangaurd was killed.In 2010 he came back  from what some poele say the grave,in reality he was  in space, ploting how he would repay pax for what happened to him..he learns something like crytilis..that was less rewarding in power, but mroe ins dealing with taint.

He made Project Eden,and invited any nova to join, save pax. Eden is a smmal town, have only around 100 poeple who live there, but all are novas.Vangaurd  dosen't hate basseline, but rather he thinks that if a nova gets mad a bassline, the Basslie will be in threat of his life..and wellt aht is no good for anyone.So unlike the teragen he think that is the weakness of Nova, that they live part..Andways.. Eden acts much like T2M but only in the us,or in area where the US has interest,and rarely when they are invited..They also watch over any t2m or utopia program in US areas of interest.

Eden's modo is that"we are all lost in paradise."

Eden, is just that..an Eden.. it had a five  mile by five mile plot of land..aside from the fact they make,everthing thay need, from food,to houses,to computer,and even their own eufiber suits.the only  poeple wh o "work" are the entertainers in the night clubs,and bar tenders.. but for the msot part Eden is it's own natoin, with passports,that only let poeple into Eden,and bass lines are let in but rarely,and only after they sign a waver.

No one knows how poerful Vangaurd is, aside that he stared down Pax, in a stare off..Pax left do to legal reasons..after all Utopia,and thus T2m is not a law eforment or geverment thing, just a privatecorp to a foriegn power... ::baaa

Well, there are no really laws, as there are only depending on the tiem fo game up to 180 people who live there full time...But when  fights,or thing of  bad morals..or crime happens it frist seatled if they were gulty by a group of pears, then they are sent to a fed court.The only two people who seem to be "cops" are Vangaurd..he as broke up a many of fights before they got messu,and  Jessica Smith, the only lawer in the town..she used to be a PI..then welllaw pays better.

Sounds good What about the governing body of the city. Do they defer authority of laws to the US government, or do they make their own laws and act as a seperate nation?

Secondly how does the rest of the american population respond to this city of novas? Are there feelings of relief that there is this group of novas who are policing themselves for the greater good; or is the population generally distrustful of the concpet of 180 novas whose actions can't be seen by the general populace of the nation?

Thirdly Project Utopia has immense influence over the international opinion; How do they feel about this city of novas?

Thanks,

Paxs Pimp

Frist they defer to most of the us laws, and ther really isn't a govement, when a mater need to talked over they either talk it over witht eh parties that  involed ,have a thrid party deal with the mater or have a town meeting.

Most of the US thinks of nova as god sent.SO they are fin with the nova living that city,as wile they admire them, they also fear them.Further more threw the powers that be i the us, Utopia is offten frowned up on.As msot peopel think of them as big brother..After all why do we need them to tell us what to do.

Eden prety much hate Utopia them,and vise versa..they have work together but they do so with  no fun at all.And remember that wile the us is nto the biggest country it has the largest amounts or resourse,both in food stuffs,and tech. Wile the city of Eden is only around 100-200 nova, eden has is the thrid largest group of nova in the world, just shy of  devris,I think..but  really I would prefer to talk of the details when i know I have agame..as I said I don't know many peopel here,and four too seven players seems to be the best range,and if anyone want to play i already posted rule on to make charatcers..just post them or send them to me.

I'd explain a PU Nova there as being a proselytizer, trying to convert other Novas to "The Cause."

Or, maybe as a PU watchdog, helping out where needed, but keeping an eye on the local populace for "fugitive novas."

How about a PU Nova acting as a charity of sorts? (Mod of the idea above, without all the sneaky business.) Helps out with physical, mental, social problems as the community may need out of a general desire to see a Nova-based population work. (Think Jedi.)

There ya go.

-Joseph the Justifier

::smokin

Archived