Desert Islands

darthphil1

Okay. I got a thread.

If you were stranded on a desert island:

1) What RPG/ RPG supplement would you like to have with you?

2) What book would you like?

3) What one album?

My own little selection:

1) Adventure. Or Call of Cthulhu. or Star Wars. Or Fading Suns. AHHHHHHH!!! Adventure.

2) War of the Worlds by HG Wells

3) Moving Pictures by Rush

Keep 'em coming.

1) What RPG/ RPG supplement would you like to have with you?

Trin, without a doubt, Trin.

2) What book would you like?

LotR.

3) What one album?

hmm...  tough one.  Roger Waters, Amused to Death. I'd appreciate the irony at least ;)

RPG?

Trinity, when it comes down to it, i'm a ch girl at heart...

Book?

you can't seriously ask me to decide can you? ::shocked ok, ok, Dealing with Dragons, by Patrica C. Wrede, kinda silly, but i've never gotten sick of it...

Album?

LUXT - Chromasex MonkeyDrive... never gotten sick of that one either, finished my collection of their albums last night too...

hmmm....

RPG: I'll go with Wraith: The Great War. One hell of a setting and I still haven't completely figured out the perception of the world(s), its one to puzzle over and contemplate.

Book: Joseph Heller's Catch 22, theres a horrible truth to it thats both hilarious and horrible.

Album: Hmmmm... tricky one this, although as its a desert island I'll go with the very best of Stevie Wonder

::malrules

actually, think he's working on time seven currently...
 ::eh Okay this is starting to get a little weird I'm reading it for the seventh time as well at the minute...

::crazy  What if he's my love child?!? I knew all that loose lovin' in the 60's would get me into trouble eventually   ???

High atop a huge ventilation shaft two figures are locked in mortal combat.

Mal: Stand with me and (deep breathing) we can end the monkeys constant chattering.

Pax: I'll never join you.

Mal: Harlequin never told (deeper breathing) you what happened to your father.

Pax: She told me enough, she told me you killed him.

Mal: No... I am your father.

Pax: NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mal: Join with me and together we will rule as father and son, you can defeat Chill, he has forseen it.

::robotmonkey

Rpg: Trinity (players guide)

Book: The collected Hawk and Fisher stories by Simon R. Green

Music: Probably Silver Side Up by Nickleback (although I might stretch to Jesus Christ Superstar)

::malrules  ::downmal  ::malrules  ::downmal  ::malrules  ::downmal  ::malrules  ::downmal  ::malrules  ::downmal

Sorry couldn't make up my mind!

JC

::alien

Okay, I'll bite at this one...

RPG: Trinity. (Though not my Limited copy, as it'd fall apart within a few days.)

Book: How to Survive on a Desert Island for Dummies.  ::sigh

Music: Maybe a swing compilation? Like a mix of old and new stuff. (Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Royal Crown Revue)

-Joseph

Well since I have been spoken about in this thread I suppose I shall grace it with my presence...

RPG: Probably WereWolf the Wild West

Book: Either : "The Annotated Sherlock Holmes" or Catch 22. yeah yeah save the jokes  :P

Music: DKM: Live from St. Patty's Day...

So yeah

-Pax

Hmm. . .what to do, what to do. . .

RPG: Adventure! I'd be so swept up in it's dynamic heroism that I'd work up the gumption to build myself a raft and sail the seven seas.  :P

Book: Don Quixote by Cervantes. I'm a dreamer. T. H. White's The Once and Future King would be a close second though.

Album: The Dirty Boogie by the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Really nice, toe-tapping old school swing. With an updated version of Rock This Town that kicks _ass_.

Best to all you knuckleheads,

-Def.

• 3 months later...

Man, how did I miss this thread? Sheesh.

1. Trinity, obviously.

2. Brave New World. Or possibly Philip Pullman's trilogy, His Dark Materials (the Golden Compass trilogy). Also possibly a book about Jeeves, or a Dirk Pitt or Sherlock Holmes book. I've also been meaning to read The Three Musketeers. Also the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, or one of the Eat-Man books. Eat-Man is a manga hero with the power to eat metal and construct it into weapons or vehicles in his stomach. He's also my avatar. I dare any Aberrant player, by the way, to try to create the aberrant equivalent of that!

3. Blink 182 - Enema of the State. Most of the songs are awesome, but "Adam's Song" is simply the most beautiful song that I have ever heard.

DO we get dice? I want dice!!! If we don't get dice i'm not playing!!!

1: Trinity, definately.

2: Magician by Raymond E. Fiest, without question the best fantasy book i've read and I've read heaps. I'd also consider Starship Troopers, forget the movie the two are nothing alike, the biggest problem is that it's really short, between 120 and 160 pages can't remember.

3: Ummm... Damn it I'm not sure! I'm going with SevenDust Animosity, really good and it grows on you, for those who must know; yes like a fungus. ::wacko

Sure, why not?

1) MegaTraveller. I'd like to say Trinity, because it's more fun, but I have to think practically here. a) If I'm alone, MT has the most solitaire value. B) If I'm not, then I'm probably gonna have to run the damn game (knowing my luck), and MT has far more flexibility to it than Trinity (sorry!). Besides, I know I'm gonna run out of metaplot rehashes sooner or later, and there's only so many abbies to kill. I have to think long-term. ::blush

2) Tough one. Initially I thought the Mists of Avalon would do, but Joseph's idea on Desert Island Survival for Dummies sounds good too... ;)

3) Hmmm. I think that I'd get sick of nearly any one album eventually. I dunno, Jurassic Park soundtrack maybe? At least it would make life there seem more interesting (I always thought that life should have a soundtrack!).

What a tough question!?! The mind boggles! ::blink

RPG: Tough one! Trinity would be cool but I think I'd choose Mummy - loads of different Gods to try to remember when I got bored, it would give me hope of something better next time around and I know my copy floats... Damned bath time reading sessions and slippy hands! ::tongue

Book: Easier this one. My favourite book's the mouse and the motorcycle by Beverly Cleary. I know it's a kids book but it'll always be my favourite!

Album: Requires a lot of thought this one! I finally settled on God shuffled his feet by the Crash Test Dummies. Nice and mellow to ensure I don't get too stressed and wonderful lyrics to amuse and bemuse me. Anyone who knows the album will respect the choice. It was so tempting to choose the Police... I'll send an SOS to the world...

For those die hard Chloe fans out there I'd like to say sorry for my lack of appearances for the last, well, ages. All sorts of things have been going on, and the computers at uni have been going off. Lots. Life is good, I hope y'all had a good Valentines, New Years and Christmas. I did. ::wink In current news I've been dumped on by my ******* landlady who's kicking me out. I'm doing the whole busy busy find a house thing at the moment. It's a bit like Challenge Anika but I'm not in a pink shell suit. Although I would wear one if it helped me get a house!

Hello again one and all!

Don't mind if I welcome myself back do you?

::tongue

Chloe

uhmmmm...

uhhhh....

RPG: Trinity Player's Guide (more juicy stuff)

Book: Dune - The Litany of Fear would keep me going through hard times "Fear is the mind killer..."

Music: Geez, I don't think I could be sated by just one cd...uhmmm...I guess a Neville Mariner/London Symphony Orchestra compilation of Mozart. (I have a particular one in mind, but short of giving you the serial number, you'd probably have a hard time finding it.) At least its got the full gamut of cathartic music on it, from light and airy (magic flute) to dark and brooding (Don Giovanni) and outright powerful lament (Lacrimosa(Requiem) - no version beats Mariner's!)

I'd miss my funky jungle/dub/electronic/drum&bass music though...

Archived