Trinity Universe: Absolute Zero Space Station

CHILL

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'A' watches the new arival at the bar for some time.... then, as if pulling his attention away from the distraction he looks down at the frantic 'Ed'

.......... what ARE you doing?

looks sidelong at Robin

Well done Robin.  Announce the Ab......erm......'pest' problem we've had to everyone why don't you?

{{sniff}}

OOC - M'ryw: Feel free to use your interest for character description until mended.  See the new OOC thread under Trinity - Character Games for more updates on that little thorn in my side

OOC - Spartan: Welcome back buddy - Happy Holidays?

OOC - Senior Mal:  So reserved in character - such a mad bas**** in real life :D

{Hesitant, innocent voice.}

No… Aberrant…?

{Slides out from under table. Sits up like an unemotional robot. Begins to mop up spill with napkins like nothing has happened. }

{Cold, unemotional voice.}

So is it dead?

Do you know the woman at the door as well “A”?

{“Ed” has not looked at the door or anything else other than the table as it wipes up the mess thoroughly.}

*Umanju smirks at Robin for a second* We got some nice spaceports in Africa but I have been flying since I was like 16, not legally under UAN law, but screw the laws their.  I as loyal as anyone to my tribe and for that matter I can speak Swahili better then most of the Amhars and Maasai guys around me.  Theirs those Arabs who drive me crazy though... but I digress.  I taught myself most of the space stuff by myself but I studied Astro Physics in the University of Zanzibar, and a bit from some 'smart' pirates, which I still think is a contradication.  I could plot a jump ship coordinate if I needed to, and could navigate through an Asteroid belt at top speed, and my ship is wired to go fast.... really fast, hatari hatari, piki piki, kutataka kutataka fast.  *Anyone who knows abit about any Bantu language can tell he means 'very fast'*

*Looks at Ed* Whoa.... Talk about drinking a bit to much, whats wrong with you Mzungu?  Looks like you just got stranded between stars.

Jose stretches as he gets out of the matress that is supposed to pass as a bed.  He dresses, and takes his time to ensure that his appearance is immaculate, despite the lack of adequate facilities.

Deciding that he should get to know the station better he decides to head back down to the Bar to get a drink, leaving most of his belongings in the room.

He strolls in and orders a drink, sitting on his own for now at the far end of the bar, content to take a few drinks.

OOC - Hehe, good to back.  Bring on Mayhem!

To Umanju

"I have to admit that experience far outways formal training and it seems that you have plenty"

Turning his attention to Ed

"You don't have to worry about the Ab-... the problem was dealt with amicably for all concerned"

And finally to A

"As for the woman, I've spoken to her. Shes... interesting, if a little self confident for one in her position"

She sits down on one of the bar stools, brushing aside the tails of the figure-sewn long coat as she does. She orders an Imperial Ice Tea by exchanging a subtle series of pantomime maneuvers and nods with the bartender, sending him a mimimalistic smile (barely the hint of muscle motion) as it is delivered before her.

She lights up a cigarette and inhales deeply of the smoke.

She takes a first sip from the auburn liquid in her glass, freezing for an instant but then relaxing in something halfway between dignified and resigned, deciding not to make a big fuss as to the quality of the drink. Instead, she peels off the visor sunglasses, turning her head slightly to look at the exchange between the men and the bandaged little urchin.

Now that is a sight in and of itself.

*Umanju tries a nibble of whatever food these people traditionally put on a  bar table, hoping it won't kill him like the stuff they serve on Luna. He looks back at Robin* So, Bwa-na, You trade right?  You look like a person who has stuff he needs to get back to earth..... I could do that if you ever need it.... my minicomp adress is. *He quickly takes out a pad of good old fashioned paper, and scrawls down the mailing/ calling adress of his computer*  I can assure you, no one gets stuff done faster then me. *Umanju smiles, knowing people can get it done faster, but he can put the cargo at a much higher risk to make his job seem all the more daring, or dashing or some other similarly 'adventure like' word*

....... at the far end of the Drunken Aberrant Bar & Grill is a reinforced window that looks out over the docks, where ships can be seen to come and go on a regular basis........

.......through the window a collection of small ships can be seen diving in from the Belt towards the station, they might at first be mistaken for automated mining drones........

.......the steady dive starts to accelerate............

In the bar the holovid cuts suddenly from the regular sports transmission to intermittent static...... the digimenu's on the Bars' tables flicker and fail.......

.......just outside, in the Promenade, a Zeronet terminal screen flickers and dies - and so does another, then another......

Suddenly the station is rocked, violently, the patrons of the Bar are thrown to thew floor - screams can be heard from the Promenade.......  Somewhere an ear splitting explosion echoes......

here we go :D

*Umanju stands up, visibly happy* Yes! This is why I come out to the belt! Anyone here know how to work a ships weapon systems... Nah... I could handle these pirates by myself. *Umanju gets up and starts to head out of the Bar very glad his ship had a paint job and looks like a piece of crap currently*  Anyone else comming? *Umanju digs into his coat looking for the screamer pistol just incase some people are around his ship.  Odviously this is Umanju's lucky day, even though anyone with hair Red like his is kind of a strange person*

*Umanju dives past the nervous people with ease, his life is all to much fun compared to these nobodies who can't even live on the Motherland of Earth.... but then again that would make pirates nobodies, no time to think though.  Umanju narrowly avoids a large group of people and heads right for the docking port, quickly typing on the security lock it beeps at him for a wrong code* No! Not now I don't have the time just freaking open! *He slams his fist into it, happy to see it open to him being an idiot.  He quickly runs towards his ship and hands the Mestizo guy guarding it a check.  Before the guy has even left Umanju has gotten into his ship.  Upon further analysis it can be noted that this ship has recently gotton a new coat of paint to hide the cheaply fixed hull damage.  The ship is odviously heavily modified but to the skilled observer it looks to work like your typical scouting vehicle.*

As the patrons of the bar are shaken by the station, Jose observes A and his companions making their way purposefully out of the bar.  Evaluating for a few seconds his chances of being able to find a ship that is willing to take him, Jose waits a few seconds before finishing his drink and following them, always staying a good distance away as he was taught to during his training.

"Why does this always happen to me," he grumbles quietly, followed by a torrent of Portuguese swear words.

All at once the following happens:

1) 'A' can be seen making like a 'bat out of hell' for the exit - the speed the guy moves at is nothing short of impressive.

2) Jake goes for his 'behind the bar special' - and realises that the threat is from 'outside' the station

3) About 40-50 patrons all scramble and run like headless chickes - all at onece, spilling out into the chaos that is the Promenade.

4) As this happens the ear-splitting sounds of the resident Strike Team Raptor's starfighters can be heard from outside the Bar window as they leap to engage the enemy.

General chaos all over the place.

Oh, and the ISRAN's are the only ones _still_ on their feet ;)

Ed could care less about the pirates, or whatever is attacking. Marauders over capitalist overlords. Some choice. If they get in Ed’s way, than that will be different.

Ed takes FULL advantage of the situation for it's own survival! Though Ed hates to do it, but survival demands stealing! It quickly slithers to the tables abandoned by the running patrons, constantly watching were Jake is looking. The first table Ed reaches, Ed hides under, it's arm snakes up from underneath and grabbing the plats of food, emptying them into a large, black plastic bag kept in it's backpack (stolen from used garbage cans, and cleaned in the public rest rooms). Ed repeats this, ignoring any tables with people still sitting on them.

Are there any wallets or purses left by patrons? If so, they are Ed's now!

Ed still watches Jake. Does he leave?

Ed also remembers that it will have to hunt down A again latter to give him the drawing pad, as he left before it gave them to him, and could care less to be hunted down by a powerful Psion with criminal connections.

Nope, this thing can't take on pirates, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't do this. *Umanju starts to charge up the ships engines getting thrown violently back and forth inside the ship...... The inside of the ship looks to be extremly used and numerous drawings and words in Swahili are all over it.  One word stands out on the ships interior "Manyanga", the famous ship that somehow always avoids getting blown to smitherines and who's pilot is one of the most daring and stupid people still flying in the inner part of the Sol system*  Okay we are gonna blast by the pirates, going straight for a head on to whoever looks important, Don't fire till I give the mark, I know these guys aren't gonna wanna risk a ship on ship collison and they'll vear off to one direction, once that happens blast with the main turret, I stripped this thing down and alot of the weapon systems had to go so be careful. *The ship lets out a slight hum as it slowly finishes charging up*

Nina snaps into wakefulness as the station rumbles from the explosive impact. She had been resting since arriving on A-Z, several hours ago, owing to the time differences between the station and her home. "Well, former home."

Swearing under her breath, she gathers her clothes and dresses, judging she doesn't have the time to unpack her suitcases. Stopping momentarily to check that her WEI tag is firmly attached to her lapel, and that her Orgotek Wasp II is discreetly concealed beneath her jacket, she examines herself in the mirror. "Yeh, girl! You look ready to kick it hard. ZAP!" She points her index finger at her reflection and cracks a smile.

Nina turns to the door and heads out of her room, and then out onto the streets to see just what is happening. "Nice first impression of the place...."

Jose follows the men to their ship, and tries to consider what exactly they intend to do.  Are they trying to escape?  A foolhardy extra assistance in dealing with the pirates?  It seems unlikely that they are taking such altruistic action in the rustbucket that he sees docked before him.

Making a concious decision, Jose opens one of the cargo hatches from below the ship, and stows away.  He can deal with the occupants of the ship later if they prove to be doing something foolish.

OOC - Heh heh heh...  I don't suppose that you could describe your ship for me?

*Typucal modified Scout ship, modified heavily.  I can give you what it is modified from when I find the Tech Manual.  The inside is full of Graffitii and Swahili sayings.  A bit of some other stuff is thrown around on the walls, and the ship seems to have sacrificed some parts of it's interior for Cargo space and resting areas.  On a whole the ship looks like either pirate Trash or a ship a insane Space trader would use. Back in the cockpit Umanju makes the final preperations* Okay Mzungu, prepare to get those laser cannons charged up because the Manyanga is clear to do some insane flying! *Umanju turns on the commlink* Hello, Station command? Open the bulkhead here, I'm about to burn me some good ol' Chinese fuel! *Umanju listens to the person on the other end and starts arguing as his ship begans to slowly move*

Deep, oh so very deep in the station's belly, so deep, it is were the rock of the ancient asteroid meets the relatively modern, rusted metal of the station. There, a little crack appears. Little by little, a small hole forms. Little by little, it grows in width and height. Little by little...

"It's all in the little things you know, my love..."

As your ship picks up speed and  heads out of the hangar bay, the flashes of gunfire can be seen from outside and above...

The small fighter craft, which number about a dozen, are giving Strike Team Raptor a fight for their lives.

Raptor's lead ship, with Commander Jazz Dandett at the controls no doubt, can be seen engaged in a series of death defying twists, turns and dives as she tries to outpace 3 of the smaller ships that are close on her tail.

The other members of Raptor are each enggaged with at least 2 ships...

the Commander is on her own............

A couple of wallets.

Jakes DOES NOT leave the bar - EVER! :D

As for people left - theres about a dozen near the main window watching the fight (some people have no sense)...

The rest have made it out to the Promenade - which is still in chaos.

A team of ISRAN's are on the Promenade trying to calm peope down, and a small contingent of the Fuyoushi Police Force are making good use of the ensuing chaos to randomply arrest multiple market stall owners (they had it coming anyways)

*A blast of his afterburner shoots Umanju into the fray, flipping some more switches he boost his ships engine to insane speed, and his ships gauges began to flash saying his ships engines are slowly beganning to overheat, the ship easily picks up to beyond acceptable speed for flying and he zooms past one of the pirates ships hoping to draw some of their fire away from the strike force.  He dropps down speed a little and he quickly turns the ship back around to set his targetting computer on another ships engine signature. He presses down the comm quickly switching the channel to Friendly channel* Strike Force Zero, this is the pilot of the Manyanga here, and I feel like helping you about. Feel me? *He quickly switches to another channel hoping it's the pirate one* You pi-rates! You all spilled my beer, so it's anti-Mzungu time okay?  *He guns his engine and flys right toward the pirate on his targetting computer*

The comms in the Manyanga crackle to life...the communication is interrupted regularly with sounds of laser fire.

"Manyanga.........the is Commander Jazz Dandett......be advised these.............. 'pirates' WILL attempt a collision with you if then can............these ships are DRONES..........

'The Tribe' hasn't even arrived...............yet..............."

Manyanga's sensors pick up sudden power surges coming from Absolute Zero......  a quick tug on the ships controls lets you see a series of 'portal's opening in the side of the asteroid upon which Absolute Zero is built.....  from within each portal a series of dual laser cannons can be seen automatically powering up and taking aim.........

The comms kick in again

"I repeat......  these ships are DRONES Manyanga - you're gonna get yourself killed!"

As Umoja takes in the message, the inhabitants of the ship can see a 'drone' in a terrifying dive straight towards the Manyanga - this thing is gonna hit!

OOC:  What are the inhabitants of the Manyanga doing, exactly?

Okay I'm assuming that there's not enough firepower in this thing to completely destroy the drone so, its rules time. combining Telethesia powers Danger sense and active defense. Robin will target and fire on one of the drones wing stabilisers in order to knock it off course from us.

Through the comm to Umanju

"Remain on this heading, repeat DO NOT deviate from this heading till the drone is clear"

After the shot is fired (and providing the plan worked) use farsensing to plot safest course to bring us back to assist commander Dandett.

*Umoja follows the commands cursing silently at the fact he is only fighting drones, he checks to be sure that the weapons are slaved to his navigation area, just in Case Robin can't do it, and he keeps a steady heading preparing to dodge the thing if it gets dangerously to close* You better be right about this because if I die, I won't be able to drink beer. *Umanju says it pretty calmly, he can jury rig a solution if he ship gets hit, and he quickly makes sure he can find the helmet for his flight suit*

Rules: Robin - Danger Sense: Yes - Lots, Immediate, barreling down on you NOW

............ the drone picks up speed, easily catching up with your ship......

Umoja steadies himself, and width a hair's breadth to spare dodges the drone at the last second.........

Robin?  Want to shoot the thing?

OOC: The plan was to shoot it to knock it off course so it didn't hit us but as it missed anyway it doesn't matter.

IC: Robin rattles off a shot at the passing drones targeting the exposed engines as the ship passes by.

Through the comm system: "Nice flying Umanju, course is now at your discretion, I'll do my best to pick some more of these drones off before they get too close!"

Archived