Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CHILL

Trinity Universe: Absolute Zero Space Station

Recommended Posts

"hey robin i think lo-mi would love this stuff she has a better way of ease dropping then we do, as it looks as though our old BEST BUDDIE in the whole wide universe is up to his old tricks and probably get us involved as always".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose ponders A's reply for one second.

Speaking deliberately, "I think it is possibly best if you were to meet with the Pai personally.  I do not believe that he wishes you to work for him, but merely wishes to access the knowledge that you possess."

Jose slowly reaches into his pocket and pulls out a ticket for a transport, first class, to Buenos Aires.  "I assure you that the Pai de Norca only employs the best, and compensates them in the manner that they desire.  There may be incentives other than simple monetary rewards.  Perhaps you would like to talk to him?"

He patiently awaits a response.

OOC - Come on, decision time!   :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She closes her eyes...

... and if she but wills it, she can feel the universe expand around her. Memories, hopes, dreams; they all weave together into a surreal whole.

...and then she opens them...

...as the voice declares that she is now stepping into the public areas of Absolute Zero; suddenly, she is intensly and acutely overwhelmed by the sheer presence of biomass. Human presence, people moving and talking and sweating. The sounds, the smells, the sheer intensity of the impressions almost takes the air out of her.

There´s something to be said about the emptiness of space; you open yourself up to impressions. Sensory input amplifies; her meditative exercises became something new altogether as the sheer emptiness almost consumed her. Now, with the backdrop of human white noise, it seems like a fragile dream.

She walks through the gates and into the bustle of the station. She is a tall woman, even more so due to the massive heels on her plateau:d Morteaux boots, her thin though feminine shape draped in the ultra-black embrace of a Costbarr figure-sewn long coat; tres chic, and in sharp contrast to her platinum white curls.

A set of semi-organic , matte silvery visors encases her eyes and shields them from view. She has a mocca carrybag slung over her shoulder, and is carrying a smaller bag in her gloved hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC - uhuh  :D

IC

{{sniff}}

Im sure the Pai would dearly love access to the 'knowledge' I have - he wouldn't be the first I might add...

looks across at Robin & Julian's table, noticing that Sid has walked away

But, some knowledge is dangerous, especially in the hands of Guiseppe.

No, I think not.  There's a reason I stay on this station my friend....

Tell your Proxy that you have failed, but don't worry - I think he would be more angry with you if you actually succeeded - not even he wants the knowledge I have, the Proxies like to make sure I'm still here from time to time, that's all.

Now that business is sorted out, hows about a drink..

glances at the digiscreen in the table and it starts zipping through menu options and finally selects two beverages - by itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She pauses, right there, in the bustle of the Promenade.

Up ´til this very moment, she was extremely sure of herself. She knew where to go and what to do. She had a central purpose, a work order, a recipe for living and functioning as a breathing human being.

Now, she is quite lost among the people of the Promenade.

Slowly, she turns her head from this side to that, her eyes sweeping over her surroundings, trying to assess what they take in. People. Businesses. Small, seedy, semi-back alley shops clashes violently with the polished chrome of the supposedly upscale. The people, the establishments, everything seems (for one fragile second) to blend together into a Giger:esque construct of flesh and grainy metal.

She shakes her head, rubs her temple lightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose watches A's eyes and notices him watching the group of men huddled at another table.  His lackeys perhaps?

"The Pai does not make the same offer twice, I must remind you... are you sure that you do not wish to reconsider his most... generous offer?"

Jose uses power to make himself immune to poisons and toxics

"But yes, let us have a drink together."

OOC - Hello Spartan.  Nice to have another player.   :colgate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sign seems to stand out like a sore thumb:

The Drunken Aberrant Bar.

She shakes her head, almost imperceptibly; someone´s got a sense of humor. Maybe all too easy to let the maners slide a bit in the middle of nowhere.

Apparently coming to some sort of decision, she hoists her carrybag and steps forward, determinably, towards the entrance of the bar. Her neck, ankles and shoulders are sorfe, and she is in dire need of sitting down anyways... besides, she has a distinct feeling about the place.

And if there´s one thing that she has learned over the years, it is to put trust in her feelings.

OOC: Hiya. Glad to be here. :cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and so she steps through the doors, pausing for one moment to survey her surroundings. Behind the matte silvery visors, a pair of icy blue eyes moves this way and that, shaping a collective whole out of the disparate nuances that make up the room.

She is quite beautiful, in a cold and somewhat detached way; you could almost imagine her to be nothing but a construct, a chimaire of ice cut out by a master sculptor. Slender body, thin and delicate features, that quite-exotic touch of her posture... she looks both sharp and fragile, like a dagger of glass.

She lowers her head and steps deeper into the room, pausing by an empty table. After making sure that the chair is not soiled or stained, she puts her bags down and slowly slides into her seat; her back is tense, like she has been put through many an exertion lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(To Julian)

I know your feelings concerning A, Doctor. They are shared by many. A new face on the station is dangerous enough, particularly when it has a business meeting with A. This will be worth keeping an eye on, but I feel from more of a distance. There aren't many Norca on the station, A's guest will be easy to keep track of.

(Robin looks up just before the attractive, blonde enters the bar, he follows her movements as she finds a table)

Excuse me for a moment Doctor, I have...school business to attend to.

(Robin rises and walks over to the woman)

Excuse me, do you mind if I take a seat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She pauses for a while before replying, or even looking up at Robin. When she does, she tilts her head upward  slowly, one hand lowering the visors just to let a pair of icy blue eyes peer out above them.

"That would depend on your intentions. If you are looking for a companion for the night, the answer would have to be no. If you would settle for a cup of coffee and care to bring a newcomer to A-Z up to speed, I´d ask you to sit down as well as accept my apology."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Apology accepted, I'm not in the habit of finding, nor needing, night time companions. You don't seem familiar but you did attend The School didn't you? As for AZ, my names Robin Teller, I co-own the Pulse nightclub up there on the second level. The general rule of thumb round here is if someone implies that they want you to keep out of their business its probably best to. The gentleman I was sitting with over there is an aesculapian, he's a good man to know. Would you mind if he joined us?"

ooc: I'm away from home for a week so I probably won't be able to post again until next weekend, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She extends her hand; quite a large hand for such a delicate frame, with long, slender fingers.

"Then, I do apologize again. On a good day, I tend not to have my defenses put up so high, but my trip to this very station has been... less than satisfactory somtimes, as far as common manners go. As for staying out of people´s business, well..."

She smiles for the very first time; not a big smile, mind you, but it serves to soften her features considerably.

"... that´s hardly exclusive to the A-Z, as far as I see it. I´m not a habitual muckraker; if I am going to interfere in other people´s business, it is on a strictly professional basis. And I am on a holiday, for the time being."

She leans back and crosses her legs after exchanging greetings with Robin.

"My, that´s a lot of theories and observations for such a short relationship, wouldn´t you say? What makes you think that I attended ´the school´ , whatever that´s supposed to mean?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC - welcome back Aeon....   :)

IC

{{grins at Jose}}

So, what other business do you have on the station, I hope you're not here purely to track me down.....

that would be a terrible waste of an opportunity for someone with your particular.....skills.....on a place such as Absolute Zero..

{{grins}}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC - And good to be back!   :colgate

Jose leans back again, and when his drink arrives he cradles it in his hands.

"Well, the Pai assigned that as an aside to my other duties.  There is someone else I am due to meet.  But that will be tomorrow.  Until then, I am simply... relaxing."

He slowly and deliberately takes a sip of his drink.

"But as I said, are sure that you will not reconsider what is a most generous offer?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps at some time in the future...  but not now, I have other pressing concerns on this station.

{{{sniff}}}

My business interests keep me very occupied.....

So, if I may ask, what else do you plan to do on the station whilst you're here?

{{{grins}}}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<< “A” has most likely noticed that he has been watched very closely by another for quite some time. He can feel other unblinking eyes upon him in the Grill, examining his actions, word, and features very closely. It comes from a both on the other side of the Grill, behind him to his left. >>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'A' seems to close his eyes ever so slightly whilst waiting for Jose's response, for a brief, almost inperceptible moment, pinpricks of blue/white light shine from deep within his eyes.......

........ the digimenu on the table behind and to the left rapidly flashed through a series of menu's in front of the table's occupant.......and rests upon a popular beverage....  an order for one is place.......

"Well, Jose - perhaps both our business interests on this station may benefit one another......?"

{{sniff}}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The school reference is obviously my mistake, I apologise, although I'm sorry I didn't catch your name"

(While conducting the conversation Robin opens his mind to noetic totality allowing it briefly to wash over him {in other words guys, would all the psions please make themselves known, you can private message me with the details if you'd like})

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Umanju Kari, a dark man of Eastern UAN decent  walks towards the cove.  His black skin has a luster that only a person who lives on the edge could have.  His thick dark brown hair has been carefully tied into Masaai braids and is dyed reddish with clay, just like his ancestors did.  He stands tall, 6'5, further adding to the mis-conception that all East Africans are tall.  He dresses in typical working class gear, even with the nice boots.  Over it though, he has a Kente cloth vest and a Kostbaar belt.*

*Sensing something... maybe something Psi like around he decides to investigate.  His appearence most likely makes people note the design on his arm.... an Upeo wa Macho tattoo plainly sits on his arm*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pair of icy blue eyes focus on Robin, establishing eye contact and keeping it steady, still. The irises seem to shift aslmost impercetibly in color, the nuclear dance of molecules on the head of a pin.

She half-sighs and shifts one thin eyebrow somewhat - a distinguished way of rolling her eyes. This sense, or rather aura of distinguished distance defines her very being; it is hard to imagine her ever losing her poise. Right now, she is remniscent of a sleek, albino feline... apparently laid back, but with a ceirtain edge to her features that suggests a fiery core.

"Well, well. We do seem to have at least something in common."

Still keeping eye contact, she picks up her glass and sips the amber liquid within. She then raises the glass in front of her face so that one of her eyes (now lending a startling shade of yellow) looks at him through the liquid, and the other one (keeping its´ original cold color) on the side of it.

"So. What will it be now? While I assume that Fate works in nearly incomprehensible ways, I do so hope that this scene is not going to turn ugly. To be frank, I have had enough of open hostilities for the time being."

It is worth mentioning, though, that her other hand almost casually has slid beneath the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm not a hostile man and don't see any need for violence... nor the concealed weapon, which I hope, by the way, you have a license for. If not I can help you attain one quicker than usual, I have some pull with the law enforcement agency here. If you've come here to get away from open hostilities, AZ's the right place for you, unfortunately you have to watch out for the more subversive methods more carefully."

(At this Robin, glances in the direction of A and then returns his attention to the table)

"I can see I'm pressing on you too much however and am probably in danger of becoming irritating, so I'll take my leave, if I can help you with anything, I'll be in the Pulse. Good day"

(As Robin goes to leave he signals to Julian that he is going to the club)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That is a possibility... but as I have told you, the Pai is desperate to meet with you."

Jose toys with his glass as he is talking to A.  Then he pushes it, now empty, towards the edge of the table.

"I may have to contact you later for... specifics.  My other contact may wish to speak with you.  But for now," Jose rises to leave.  "I bid you good-day."

Jose turns and heads for the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(julian gets up from the table and leaves after robin does)and goes after robin.

"robin do we start to worry what A is up to and if so should we get the troops together and do some plotting of our own?"  :lookaround

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She nods as Robin takes his leave and is joined by his friend.

When they have made their exit through the doors, she slowly withdraws her still empty hand from underneath the table.

She shakes her head, ever-so slowly, to herself as she lifts the glass to her lips. Her lips form a half-smile.

For being a Clairsentient, he does take a whole lot for granted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

grins at Jose as he leaves

"Of course I'd be happy to continue our discussions later on.................."

turns slowly in his chair to look behind him and to the left, a faint, but noticable 'scowl' on his face

"............"

{{sniff}}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC-

Forget about the Tattoo of the Upeo Wa Macho, that Umanju had on his arm.  Besides that, I'm clearing things up to make sure he can fit in the setting, the way I planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Relax Doctor, Its when we don't see A that we should worry, as always he merits some inspection, but I don't think we have anything to worry about as yet, I would however like to know what business he has with the Norca."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Umanju turns his full attention to the Cove, deciding this is the best place to brag about his flying skills.  He enters into the bar, carefully looking around at all those who stare at him for the flashyness of his appearence.  He walks over to the bar slowly, adding to his mystique, and sits down on one of the stools. He pulls a group of his braids foward, and it can be noted they seem to be held together in a triangle.*  I'll take some Beer with a swig of that NeoCaffine stuff. Tafadhali. *For those who know Swahili, it can be noted he says it like an Ethnic Kenyan*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After finishing her drink, she seems to ponder her surroundings for a few moments. Apparently coming to some kind of conclusion, she picks up the form-fitting sunglass visors and puts then on yet again, masking her icy blues from public view.

She rises slowly from her seat, hoisting her bag in the process and throws a few coins on the table with the grace of a true aristocrat.

She turns and saunters out of the room, being embraced yet again by the hustle of the street...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Umoja takes a sip of his drink, hating the taste of this stufff but knowing it is the only thing that'll keep him from falling asleep behind the throttle of a space-craft.  It's not like Neocaffine doesn't get rid of alcohol more effectively then caffine, and besides he lives on the bleeding edge, no laws against flying a spaceship under the influnce hold him back.*

*Umanju sighs shifting around in his seat and looking around the bar, no woman praticurally pretty to brag to, he looks to the bartender, shifting his triangular braid design away from his eyes* *He starts to brag about his skills in piloting hybirds, and even says he once fought off Abberants around Mars in his reliable little craft, of course most of this is odviously complete BS, his skill at telling it makes it slightly interesting for all those around him*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A short while later, in an inconspicious hotel room...

Still steaming from the shower - hot water; a luxury that she has come to enjoy to its´fullest after spending a lot of time out there in the dark between the stars - she steps out into the small room, brushing a few wet strands of hair out of her face as she does. She stretches carefully, like a cat, feeling how her muscles have softened from their tense state under the steamy embrace of the shower.

She sits down on the small bed, picking up the wrist bracelet put there with the rest of her accesoirs as she does. She slides it over her hand, and it automatically adjusts to the shape of her wrist.

"Armitage."

The computer agent, remniscent to a middle-aged man with distinctive british features and silvery hair at his temples manifests in a small sphere of light projected just above the smooth bracelet, lending its´greenish glow to accentuate her face and the line of her cheekbones in the dimly lit room.

"Madam."

"I need you to go through the classifieds for me. Don´t take the phrase too literally, mind; I don´t need you to upset some poor systems operator by waltzing into any restricted systems. utmost discretion, as per usual."

"Ceirtanly, Madam. If I might comment, I would like to make clear that I have not, as of yet, acted against your interests or compromised your person when at all avoidable."

She smiles; the wry, feline smile that twists her lips in an expression that would make many men feel like they´ve just shrunk to half their original size.

"My apologies, Armitage. All of this time spent in a sterile environment so often makes me a little out of synch with more immediate concerns such as common courtesy."

"Think nothing of it, Madam. So, you will seek... gainful employment?"

Her smile faded somewhat, she raises an eyebrow.

"Why, Armitage; do I detect some cynicism in your tone?"

"Ceirtanly not, Madam. As you know, while I am equipped to manifest quasi-human emotional responses in order to facilitate a useful user/agent interface, I am not equipped with actual feelings per se. I simply noted that your monetary balance seems quite sufficent for quite a stay."

"Well, maybe´I´m just a tad bit bored, then. Feel free to begin at your leisure."

"Accessing system as we speak...

The projection fades, and she leans back in her spartan bed, picking up a cigarette from a pack of Dunhills placed on her nightside table, shaking it once to light it.

As she feels the precious tendrils of smoke burrow into her lungs, she lets her mind wander...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Status: Natsuko 1.0....... Online

Welcome to the Fuyoushi Opnet.......my name is Orchidware Natsuko, you can call me Natty! ....................

.......................?

huh?

Oh, a bloody avatar.............

What do you want Unsatisfactory Intelligence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The systems Avatar maintains a stiff upper lip, as far as persona programs go.

"Incorrect as well as impolite. I am called Armitage, type-Watson III biosoft agent. I am under order to acquire information as to the current situation of the employment market, as well as gainful market opportunities at the Absolute Zero. The latter, of course, is more of a judgment call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...