Trinity Universe: Absolute Zero Space Station

CHILL

Aren't we all business-like......

Well, let me see

{{processing}}

Right, there's plenty of work going in the Ore Processing Plants, and there are also calls for deckhands in the public spacedocks......  ooh....  and the Pulse Nightclub is looking for a waitress....

Other opportunities - well, the FAC is currently offering a discount on new business licences, and there are some 100+ details of different ventures people are looking to fund.....

and......yep........the ToshiGinko Bank on the Promenade 2nd Level is currently looking for a buyer of the old 'Eclipse Restaurant' site....., it seems they need to shift if fast, what with the location reminding everyone of the bombing and all....

This any use to you?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as it is said, the woman (now in the process of sliding into a pseudosilk bathrobe) rolls over on the bed, observing the LED hieroglyphs that scroll over the projected ball of light like rain on a windshield.

She purses her lips as she blows out a thin pillar of smoke.

"Why, thank you, Armitage. I´ll consider that if ever I do decide to pursue a career as a waitress. For the moment, I don´t really think that I´m sufficiently service-minded."

She taps the cigarette impatiently.

What now?

It is an easy thing, keeping in motion. The hardships begin when you stop and must decide what to do next; behind you, the past. Ahead... an unseen future.

Time passes; at least if you buy into the normal misconception of time as a sequence of events.

She knows better than that.

The cut of the figure-sewn Kostbaar coat hugging her slender body perfectly, the thick heels of her boots elevating her already cobsiderable height to one that is slightly above most males, she smiles and lights up a cigarette.

In the smooth surface of her visors, a logotype is reflected:

The PULSE

{{sniff}}

Turns back to his table and mentally accesses his biocomp

Slight Psi (EK) emanates from 'A' for a second

bounces a message to Robin Teller

"Robin - I'd like to pick your brains, if you can focus for more than a second that is..... - Have you come into contact with any, ahem, Sudamerican, types in the last couple of days?

By the way, I thought I'd stop pas the Pulse later on, I keep meaning to catch up with Lo Mai"

grins

*Still sitting at the bar in the Cove, Umanju starts to brag about his exploits.  He tells the bartender even more outrageous stories the more, caffine he drinks.  I mean, sure it's far from earth, but could this person from the UAN with an odd fashion sense have any skill in flying a spacecraft?  The way he makes it sound, he's out manuvered the entire Chinese fleet in a scout ship, with broken weapon systems and even in a famous ship.  Sorta sounds like the story of a pirate, but it's unlikely this guy is a pirate, right?*

OOC:

What “A” might have noticed by now:

Note, I tried to write from “A’s” perspectives, but he’s not my PC, so feel free to correct anything adn everything I say.

The stalker was not bad. No, not bad at all. He would have to give them that. Seemed to be only one, unless there were others a great deal of distance away, or very good at stealth. But it was not likely that there were multiple targets for two reasons. One, this one was good, good and silent, but ultimately a bit sloppy. They were to repetitive with the different corners and alleys they ducked into when you “casually” looked around. It was the first sigh that was not an ordinary lost tourist. Good enough you did not see them directly, bad enough you saw the odd figure a lot in the corner of your eye. If the team was better than this one, they would have been dead long ago, or killed this one themselves. The second reason to doubt a team was you never picked up a blip of radio or any tech you know of transmitting near the stalker.

Not even some odd code. Nope.

Scout? Maybe.

Lone assassin? Possibly.

Spy?

Interesting…?

Defiantly.

And now “A” sat at the Drunken Aberrant Bar and grill, and it seemed the Stalker was tempting him to take a direct look! In the corner of “A’s” eye yet again, he saw an eye from the Stalker staring at him from that damnable both to his back side. Any “casual” glance in that direction, and it seemed the face would duck down behind the booth’s seat, like a demented game of Peek-a-boo. The best description “A” saw of the target confused him a bit. The corner of one’s eye can make out only so many details after all, no matter if the eye is enhanced through Psi or… “special” training. The figure seemed so far to have worn very baggy clothing, and seemed quite short. Gender was impossible to make out do to the baggy clothing, as well as full height, as the person could be crouching all the time or wearing lifts. He had seen those before with really determined Stalkers.

The really odd thing was this, the person seemed to have a lot of white underneath the layered, baggy clothing. The face seemed covered in a white ski mask or something. He needed a direct view to make it out. Very odd.

After “A” took that last, more direct view of the Shadow following him, his eyes saw a head, raped in white. Still hard to make out what the head wore in the shadows the Stalker sat in. A deep, crystal green eye stood staring back at “A” before the head vanished behind the table again. It seemed to be trying to look at “A’s” details, his face and such. The head than re-emerged, and stared back at “A,” despite him looking back. Was this a challenge? Maybe a threat at a public place? Secret message? Or maybe just sloppy?

Jose, tired from the flight up looks for some accomodation once he leaves the grill.  He heads off the promenade and hires a small room in a hotel not too far from the Promenade.

Tired, he checks that the room is secure, before hitting the sack, the days events still spinning around in his head.

OOC- See ya later guys.   :cool

:xmas

'A' Thinking to himself...

wtf?

{{cough}}

.....carefully takes in the scene near the door....... spots the owner of the Drunken Aberrant 'Jake' behind the bar and smiles faintly at him in recognition........ takes in the scene behind him.......to the left........

{{sniff}}

.......... very interesting.........

forces himself to stand........slowly,........ and turns and walks directly towards the figure watching him.....

In a cold voice........

"may I help you?"

"may I help you?"

OOC:

“wtf”

lol!

That was the reaction I was hoping for! Thanks!  :D  :P

OOC Action:

Now “A’s” view of the Stalker is clear! He see…

WFT indeed!

Description time! (ho boy!)

Sitting in the corner of the booth is a small figure. The figure does not look clean or healthy in the lest. “A’s” formable sense of smell can detect the all too familiar sent of infection oozing from the figure even before he leaves his table, as well as a waif of gauze and medical tape.

The figure short, wearing several coats on top of each other, all too big, give a baggy look to a scrawny, stick like body. The top coat is a think winter coat, under that is a beaten up trench coat, and under that a (formerly) white lab coat. The coat has a name tag on it. “Edd.”

Torn, patch pants and miss matched boots or the only other clothing on it.

The person wearing all the layers is wrapped from head to toe in bandages, and looks like a burn victim. (Think Dark Man, before the crappy sequels!) “A” can see no hair on the person’s head poking out the bandages, or any skin. The only piece of flesh that can be seen is the…

…things… one good eye. The other is covered with a whit gauze patch held on with bandages and medical tape. The eye is the only attractive thing about this… creature! It is a strange, icy green, almond shaped eye.

A small, meek voice, like a wisper, slips from behind the bandaged mouth.

IC:

“A- actually, I was wondering if I may help you…”

tone of voice lowers, and a faint blue spark of light glows from deep within his eyes

"You have me at a....... disadvantage..........sir......?"

May I enquire as to who you are, and how you know me, and then I will decide if you can help me........

{{sniff}}

*Before he truly makes the people think he is a poseur, playing the act of a space trader who works with pirates, has seen an Abberant, been to KLG twice and even out manuvered the Chinese on Mars, he pays his bill and drops a few extra yuan for the tip.  He walks into the Pomegrande and heads towards a general store and buys a periodical before he goes back to bar hopping.  He heads into The Drunken Abberant and sits at the bar, moving his braids from his face, and wiping some of the glistening oil on his head onto his pants.  He orders another cup of some caffinated drink, and starts to tell more tall tales to these poor saps*

Character Action: "Ed" looks a bit nervous about "A's" passing frustration. The voice is hollow and shy.

I hope I... I did not scare you. I just... I just like to capture a subject who is not aware of being watched. They look so much more natural. You looked like a man who would make a fine model. Very… at peace and aware. But maybe I should have asked first..

What do you think of them? Are they worth a few yen? I can make many more. Even better with the right supplies.

I am especially proud of the last ones. (cough.) Would you take a look?

{{sniff}}

I can see that your not going to let this go are you......

with distinct disdain etched across his face, 'A' follows the strange person's instructions, takes the pad and looks in more detail at the last 'pictures'.......and says

here's a couple of yuan.......

passes some yuan over

OOC:  heh, I warned you that he's paranoid  :D

Actions:

“A” begins with the first page. It looks like an ordinary character profile and study of himself. About 3 large pictures of his face on one page. Distorted and crude, as most studies are. Than he turns the page, and sees a series of much improved studies and sketches, and another page, and another! This freaky little person has draw what seems to be several days of character sketches in the few minutes he was out there, while moving! That can’t be right! The bum was avoiding him at the same time! No way it could sketch that fast, right? After skipping over 9 whole pages to the back set, he sees incredible improvement. The drawings are flawless as far as he can tell. Stuff in the galleries. They are so detailed and dramatic! The critter managed to draw “A” just standing around in a very dramatic way! He might hate to admit it, but the bum has captured… him. The way he sees himself! The shadows and light. The mood. He stands in the picture, towering over the masses, filled with confidence and control. Subtle power is hinted in his bearing and body language. A man holding powerful secrets is depicted with his knowing eyes and Buddha smile. He stands grinning, taking in his environment, in complete peace. These are the last 3 pages before the last. “A’s” pulse quickens. His outer environment forgotten. All full page and filled completely with pencil, and achingly beautiful. The dirty environment and common people somehow made into the setting for masterpieces.

Than he turns to that last page, lost in the moment. His hands almost drop the pad.

*Umanju scratches the back of his neck, looking at the guy talking to the old man in the bar.  He gazes at them a second more before dropping the bartender money.  Paying less ofcourse saying he owns the Manyanga and that he even has it in one of the hangers, guarded by fifteen of the best Argentian mercenaries that the government is allowing other groups besides themselves to higher out.  The bartender gives him the finger and Umanju curses at him a bit before paying a price that is only a few Yuan less then normal, the bartender could really care less by now though.* "Crazy Africans...." *is all he mutters.  Umanju looks around the bar noticing 'A' dealing with the old man.  Knowing he is so odviously important Umanju heads over to the table nearest them and sits their, odviously eavsedropping, but he has a right to, he flew ship past the Chinese and survived.*

to the observant in the room, the burly bartender Jake, makes what is known amongst the regulars of the bar as 'THAT move'.....

He slowly reaches behind the bar, always staring at the back of Umanju's head as he sits at his table.....  and seems to grab hold of something.....

Umanju notices a few people from the tables behind him hurridly making their way towards the exit, and just as he turns to see what has caused the strange reaction he feels the nozzle of something cylindrical pointed at the base of his neck......

What makes you think I've finished wih you - flyboy - drinks cost MONEY in here - not tall tales

Umanju thinks for a moment - yep - netgun - I was was so having a good day...........

as the pad decends to the floor the look on 'A's face, changes from betraying his shock and amazement to a look of barely concealed anger........

In a brief second, 'A' seems to get hold of himself, and the self assured grin replaces the look of anger...... but it is obvious that deep down he is doing an excellent job of controlling his anger

So.......{{{sniff}}}.....  exactly how long of you been following me my short friend, and perhaps you could tell me why?

as A moves to his left and takes a seat at the table the strange small fellow was hiding behind earlier he indicates for the artist to take a seat

It is so rare that my likeness is caught on any medium, so I am intrigued.......

ever cautious, 'A' takes in the room again, looking for possible accomplices of this strange man...... and notices Jake standing behind Umanju...  for a brief second Jake and 'A's eyes meet......... and 'A' casually turns back to his strange 'friend', completely non-plussed by the scene playing out a mere table away...

Well, won't you take a seat?

{{{sniff}}}

Description:

“Ed” straightens up it it’s seat. “A” can notice that “Ed’s” left arm has been underneath it’s three jackets. A random patron enters the Grill, only to stop dead at the site of Jake with a gun to the back of a man’s head. The patron immediately turns and leaves, but the breeze the door brings in passes over the bandaged man. An odious and horribly familiar sent touches “A” nostrils. It is the unmistakable stench of burnt flesh. Some memories of “A’s” first encounter with that noxious odor might come to his mind. It is unmistakable and is coming off of the thing with the nametag “Ed”. The sent seeps from under it’s bandages, crawling toward “A’s” perceptive nose before dieing down.

{“Ed” speaks in a depressed, defeated tone. A near suicidal calm in it’s body language. The voice barley raises over a whisper, hardly fluctuates.}

It appears I have made a mistake. Now I must suffer.

I was not aware I had picked someone… of influence.

{“Ed” gestures toward Jake with out looking at him.}

Now you believe I have been stalking you. You will not believe me, for your influence and power makes you cautious, but I have never seen you until today. I was looking to sell what ever art I can make to someone who might be interested. You have a strong presence and interesting body language, and well dressed, so I thought you might make a good patron. It seems I’ve stumbled onto a Psion who does not appreciate “attention.” I have not followed you before this day. I am just very gifted and practiced.

{“Ed’s” pircing green eye looks straight at “A.” Voice calm, contemplative.}

So, how are you going to punish me? Will I die now?

{A startled look comes across “Ed’s” face. A terrifying thought apparently entered his mind. It’s bandaged head turns to the side a bit while it’s good eye fixes on “A.”}

{Nervous, terrified.}

You… you ARE a Psion, right? You are not an… Aberrant?

{“Ed” inches away a bit.}

Pardon?!

{{sniff}}

no 'Ed', I am not an Aberrant, I am a ........  well, enough about me.

You are indeed talented artist, and I would be more than happy to buy some drawings off you.....in fact, ALL of the drawings of me to be precise....

{{sniff}}

.....say, 500 yuan?

casts a critical eye over Eds form

Do you need a doctor - I happen to know a doctor who is very g......erm.... he can help you out I'm sure....

{Calming down instantly. Inches back into seat.}

500 yuan sounds quite generous. Thanks ever so much.

And thank you for the offer of a Doctor, but a Doctor was already… examined me… my condition is a bit… terminal. But thank you for the thought.

I am free to do any work you might want in the future, if you so like. A portrait perhaps? Or a gift to a loved one or acquaintance, perhaps? Please consider it.

{Reaches down and picks up the fallen pad with it’s right hand that is free, left still under the coats. Places the pad on the table, slides it toward “A.”}

{Looks a little worried for a moment.}

You have not seen any, white haired men around, have you?

a comtemplative look crosses 'A's face for an instant

.......no..... I do not believe that I have, perhaps you could be more descriptive, that way I'd know if I've seen this man you refer to.

...... do you have a cred chip, I'd be happy to transfer the Yuan now if you'd like.....?

*Umanju sighs, the thrill of all this is nice, but having a gun pointed at the back of his neck, when he can move isn't that fun.... oh well... Umanju is the master of having fun, he doesn't cheat pirates for nothing*  Listen bwana, I didn't get my paycheck from the pirates okay?  You know how hard it is to go to Argentina and hire mercenaries to?  It cost mad yuan.  All I got is pocket change. *Umanju digs into his shirt and pulls some change out of it, he puts it down on the table infront of him and waits*  Don't call me fly boy either, I'm 26. *Umanju tenses abit after he says this, expecting the invetiable small bit of violence*

{To the question about “The Man with Hair of White.”}

Oh. No. No, you would know if you meet him. He is… unique? Unforgettable.

Just curious.

{To the cred chip.}

I have no money and no cred at this time. I was told only cash was used on Absolute Zero? However, I can steel one in a few moments if you do no mind waiting. Does it have to be in my name, or are cred chips nameless?

... the nozzle of the gun is moved away from the back of Umanju's head.....  and in a gruff voice, tinged with amusement Jake says:

heh, lad, no need to take offence, you'll find I treat everyone who attempts to skip the tab in exactly the same way.

Jake reaches around and takes the money off the table, turns a gives Umanju a long hard look, almost assessing him, and then walks back casually to the bar, replaces his gun behind it and carries on serving the partons (who seem oddly disappointed that the incident came to nothing)....

{{sniff}}

Well, Ill keep an eye open for your.......friend.

As for cred-chips, don't worry - I just don't make a habit of carrying that sort of cash around with me on the station.

'A's voice changes tone to subtle menace

Don't let the presence of the Fuyoushi Police Force office on the Promenade let you think its any safer here than elsewhere on the station.

{{sniff}}

His voice loses its menacing edge.... and he grins at 'Ed'

So, I can get the money to you later, where will I be able to find you?

{Spoken in peaceful, whispery monotone.}

{To the question about The Man of White Hair.}

I would stay away from him if I were anyone else. I would stay away from him if I was even myself. And I am not myself, but I would still stay away from him.

{To the menacing comment.}

Oh, I am never safe no matter were I am.

{To Credits.}

Let me see…

I picked up some things…

{Digs through a wallet pulled from it’s back pack to it’s left. The wallet is old and grubby. “Ed” pulls out a Credit Chip, examines it to see if it is a retina / thumb scan Chip, and when it notices it is, hands it to “A”.}

{The Credit Chip’s name is to a man named Brian McDowell. )

OOC question: Are pictures on these things?

IC:

This should work for now.

Any other advise about this station, Mr… I did not cache your name.

"I am known as 'A'.......

I am but a simple business man, amongst many others on this station I might add.

'A' takes the cred-chip and connects a similar device of his own, a brief scan of his thumb indicates he has necesary funds....  he looks down at Ed as a brief, barely noticeable shine of blue light emmantes from his eyes for a split second....

There, consider the funds transferred to your 'account'.

Game: faint residue of PSI, Electrokinesis from 'A'

{{sniff}}

as for this station, well, I'd advise paying your bill in this bar

{{grin}}

.......I'd stay away from Subzero, unless you are extremely capable of taking care of yourself.  If you need work, you could try 9said with extreme disdain the Aeon Trinity office....... or pehaps one of the mining companies? ....... no, I'm not sure that would be your sort of thing.

The business types around here hire people for occaisional jobs as well, you could try {{grins}} the Pulse Nightclub - the owner, ahem, one of the owners is a ......a friend of mine.

You see my friend, this whole station (casts his hand around to illustrate the station) runs on one thing.

money

There's plenty of it to be made, and lost here.

glances to his right and sees Jake back off from the customer........

Excuse me for just one moment Ed

turns back in Umoja's direction

Would you care to join me and my...friend?  ........  Jake is not the kind of person to annoy - he's quite happy as long as your paying for something.

indicates to a chair next to Ed and himself

*Umanju shrugs slightly, trying to seem like it doesn't matter, it really didn't.  The gun was only aimed at his head in a bar, not an empty space. * Sure, and bartender is pretty cool.  He knows I was only playing around, yeh?  *Umanju stands and takes a seat near them, still slightly jittery from all the neo-caffine he drinks daily. He looks to Ed before looking back at the old man who invited him.  Not really saying anything he quiets his own psionic senses really not wanting to have to explain his 'orderly prediciment'.  It can be noted some tattoos in Arabic are on the backs of both of his hands, and other one in Hindi is on his neck.  His hair coloring looks even odder closer as well, as it can be noted that you can practically see the natural color of his hair through the red clay as it glistens in the artifical light of the room.*

Archived