Trinity Universe: PULP BRITANNIA!!

El Enano Gigante

Spotting the figure on the third floor, Harald breaks into a sprint and runs into the building through the main entrance. Inside, he makes his way fast towards the nearest staircase, shouting to whoever happens to be in the hallway or nearby You have a burglar on the third floor!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Dr. Roscoe, i'll assume you can handle the wounded man.  i suppose someone must check that other noise," despite the aplomb of his delivery and the smoothness with which he rolls up the sleeves of his blue pin-striped shirt and pulls out a shiny Colt .45, Andrew seems a little nervous.

"Field work isn't really my thing," he says as he heads in the direction of what he is about to discover is the kitchen...

At the sound of the gunfire, Dr. Roscoe frowns. Guns are never, never a good sign. Means that he'll likely have to patch some people up once it's all done- at least.

But, that's beside the point, as the good Doctor gets back to the matter at hand, bandanging the apparent 'Sato's wounds as nessescary. As he does this, however, he can't help but spare a glance at the lady Loadham. "Friend of yours?" he inquires in a dry manner.

Looks like we need a floor description here...

Harald dashes into the entrance hall.  Ahead of him is a large staircase leading up.  To his left is the entrance to the Library, to his right is the conference room.  Beyond the staircase is an entrance to a small sitting room, and stairs down to the kitchen and scullery.  As he rushes up the stairs calling

You have a burglar on the third floor!!
Paul Vaughn exits the conference room and heads for the front door.  Spotting the Norwegian He calls across "Harald! Glad you could make it. Perfect Timing!" before rushing out of the front door.

Harald reaches the middle floor quickly, taking the stairs two at a time.  Turning the corner to go up to the next floor, he finds himself confronted by two figures clad in close fitting outfits of a red so dark as to be almost black.  Strange hoods cover their faces, and they are armed with fairly short (2 feet long) swords.

Andrew and Richard reach the kitchens by way of the stairs.

The first thing that strikes you is the man in a dark red, close fitting, hooded costume nailed to the wall by an ebony stake through the shoulder of his suit.  The second is the half dozen similarly attired gentlemen standing around looking menacing....

Lying on the floor by the table is the unconscious form of Tony Blockall, still clutching the modified shotgun he must have grabbed from his personal effects by the door.

(OOC - I've deliberately left the description of the kitchen vague.  If you want something that would normally be in a kitchen, assume it is there and waiting to be used in a fight.  Not that I'm a Feng Shui fan or anything........... ;) )

But, that's beside the point, as the good Doctor gets back to the matter at hand, bandanging the apparent 'Sato's wounds as nessescary. As he does this, however, he can't help but spare a glance at the lady Loadham. \"Friend of yours?\" he inquires in a dry manner.

Sarah's eyes become teary......."He came back from Japan with Daddy about ten years ago. Daddy said that Sato had agreed to come back and look after me, but he never told me why.....He disappeared investigating an antiquities theft in Germany two months ago, and we hadn't heard from him since.  Promise me he'll be alright?"

Morpheus looks over Roscoe's shoulder and enquires "Will you be needing any help, Doctor?  If not, then I shall investigate our alleged 'upstairs intruder'....."

"Lady Loadham really should do something about all these dangerous things in the kitchen.  someone could get hurt"

A look of concentration briefly flashes across Andrew's face as a handful of kitchen utensils (hopefully) seem to fly of their own accord off of the counter towards the mysterious interlopers.

(Psychic Hand, 2 suxx, not quite what the power is supposed to be, but i think it'll fly)

"Your friend here will be fine, Miss Loadham." The good Doctor assures Sarah, patting Sato's chest a bit. "Seems that he's got a rather durable wardrobe; just a few days time, and he'll be back on his feet in no time..."

This said, he nods to Dr. Morpheus and Joe, ears catching the sounds of conflict upstairs. "...It sounds as if things are getting rather complicated...Joe, why don't you stick around here, make sure that the good lady and her friend are safe? I believe I can get some help;"

This said, Dr. Roscoe closes his bag up and slips out of the room-

And, moments later, a black-swathed figure, Dr. Roscoe in his 'Vigilante' getup, stalks up the stairs, attempting to find a good medium between stealth and speed on the stairs.

Acting purely on reflexes, Harald grabs the first goon and throws him over the railing and down the stairs, then turns to face the other guy (Initiative 16, Brawl 2 successes, Might 3). One down, one to go (hopefully). As the second goon attacks, he does his best to avoid getting impaled on that big knife of his (Athletics 3 successes!! )

IN THE KITCHEN......

Two of the red clad figures stumble backwards, their arms raised to protect themselves from the unexpected rain of silverware, rolling pins, breadboards, and kitchen knives...a third goes down for the count when a cast iron cooking pot connects with his head.

A further two circle Richard warily.....one of them attempts a clumsy strike to Richards face with his short sword, which is easily parried.......

MEANWHILE, IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM........

Morpheus ensures Sarah is OK, and turns to Joe "It's very quiet outside...I'm going to check on Major Vaughn"

Morpheus grabs his coat and leaves the room.  As he does so, a red garbed figure climbs through the shattered remains of the window and speaks to Joe and Sarah in broken English "Stand aside from the traitor and you will not be harmed. Our quarrel is not with you.....".  The figure draws a short sword of Oriental design, and walks towards the prone form of Sato......

Joe stands squarely between the red clad figure & Sato (& Lady Sarah), staring into the intruder's face so that it is reflected & distorted in his own mirror-polished visage. With a menacing voice that seems to be deeper than his usual conversational tones, & with a considerable metallic echo, he states,

"Drop your weapon & surrender. You will bring no harm to my friends... Tell me what this is all about, & you may leave this place alive..."

Joe takes a meaningful step forward to punctuate his words.

[spend 1 Inspiration to "go heroic" on an Intimidation roll: 12 successes]

Where did they come from? Trying to get the closest swordwielding thug out of the way before he gets company, Harald puts all his weight into a punch to his face (initiative 13, called shot, 4 successes, damage 4).

Hoping to have one less adversary to worry about, he looks around for some weapon or other to keep the other four away.

Throwing caution to the wind, Richard executes a classic lunge at one of his assailants before they have a chance to flank him.

Initiative 17

5 success on the attack - assuming a hit?  carryover?

Damage is Str + 4 for sword-cane.  -you will have to roll that - if they have lethal soak?

-knave

Finding his path barred by two obvious goon-types, the masked Dr. Roscoe barely bats an eye as he continues to bound up the stairs, gracefully leaping forward, as to deliver two rapid-fire kicks to the pair, muscles twitching with patterns ingrained from years of oriental study, aiming to down each man with a single kick before continuing on his way up the stairs!

(Divided action- 5 dice each. 2 successes to strike one, and four to strike the other)

"Forgive me for leaving you with my dirty dishes, Richard, but I must tend to the wounded man."

Andrew ducks behind the table and begins to work on the unconscious Tony Blockall, tracing pseudo-aetheric energy centers and muttering things about mechanics...

"hmmm, a lot of damage to the torsal frame, not so much to the cavity...some impact damage to the shoulder actuator and elbow servo...i think i can repair this...a little pseudo-aetheric redirection...reattach these frame pieces and restore this cushioning..."

(1 Inspiration, four successes on the Medicine roll, Touch of Life)

• 2 months later...
Joe stands squarely between the red clad figure & Sato (& Lady Sarah), staring into the intruder's face so that it is reflected & distorted in his own mirror-polished visage. With a menacing voice that seems to be deeper than his usual conversational tones, & with a considerable metallic echo, he states,

\"Drop your weapon & surrender. You will bring no harm to my friends... Tell me what this is all about, & you may leave this place alive...\"

Joe takes a meaningful step forward to punctuate his words.

The man in red stands completely motionless for perhaps three heartbeats before dropping his sword and falling to his knees, gibbering in a language that you do not recognize. Although the words mean nothing to you, his manner of speaking and rhythum lead you to beleive that it is a prayer............

Where did they come from? Trying to get the closest swordwielding thug out of the way before he gets company, Harald puts all his weight into a punch to his face

The mighty blow forces Harald's opponent over the bannisters. The red-clad stranger loses his grip on his sword as he topples, leaving it laying at Harald's feet.

One of the thugs lunges at Harald, but succeeds only in slicing his jacket....

Throwing caution to the wind, Richard executes a classic lunge at one of his assailants before they have a chance to flank him.

A look of surprise flashes across the villains eyes as he finds himself neatly impaled on Richard's sword cane.

The second thug swings wildly at Richard with his own sword in a vicious attempt to hamstring him - the sword connects, but not deeply

(One dice down on actions until you get healed)

Finding his path barred by two obvious goon-types, the masked Dr. Roscoe barely bats an eye as he continues to bound up the stairs, gracefully leaping forward, as to deliver two rapid-fire kicks to the pair, muscles twitching with patterns ingrained from years of oriental study, aiming to down each man with a single kick before continuing on his way up the stairs!

The kicks connect quite soundly, felling Roscoes opponents instantly. Rounding the corner he finds himself confronted by three more red-clad figures attempting to face down a large blond gentleman (Harald Anker)......

\"Forgive me for leaving you with my dirty dishes, Richard, but I must tend to the wounded man.\"

Andrew ducks behind the table and begins to work on the unconscious Tony Blockall, tracing pseudo-aetheric energy centers and muttering things about mechanics...

Blockall stirs, before sitting bolt upright and yelling "NINJA!!!!" He attempts to stand, but is still woozy from the beating that he has taken, and falls back to his knees....

(OOC: Cool. Welcome back El Enano!)

After a few moments spent contemplating the kneeling man Joe steps forward, planting one foot squarely on the flat of the fallen blade, to pin it to the ground. He reaches out with his left hand, grasps the gibbering intruder by the front of his dark-red outfit, & lifts him, holding him suspended dangling in the air. The man's weight seems no effort for Joe to lift with one hand. As he holds the (ex-)swordsman at arm's length he inquires,

"Have you any idea what his words mean, your Ladyship?"

Lady Sarah leaves her fallen companions side and walks over to Joe and his captive, her head cocked to one side as she listens.

"I'm not altogether sure.....Sato only managed to teach me a little Nipponese, but it sounds like he is praying for forgiveness from his ancestors." She frowns in concentration, and then turns to face Joe "I think he believes you to be some kind of demon........."

Lady Sarah speaks to the helpless man in his own language for a short while before sighing in frustration and turning back to Joe.

"It's no good, I'm afraid. You seem to have scared him quite witless. Perhaps one of the good doctors will be able to help when they return?"

Joe looks from the suspended man to Sarah & back again.

"Amazing", he comments, "his imagination has linked my appearance with that of something out of his culture's mythology. I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted."

He scrutinizes the man's face for a few more moments, then again turns to Lady Sarah,

"Demons are evil, correct? I am not evil...", there's another pause before he adds, "...at least, I think I'm not."

There's a faint whirring noise of cogs & gears, then Joe asks,

"Is 'demon' better or worse than 'golem'? Do you think I should do something 'demonic' to this man? Would he want his expectations fulfiled? I don't feel demonic..."

He seems to have all but forgotten the man he's still holding rock-steady at arm's length.

One of the thugs lunges at Harald, but succeeds only in slicing his jacket....

Grabbing the sword as he rolls away from the attacker, thoughts of having to find a new tailor crosses Harald's mind. Not really familiar with a blade bigger than his own knife, he nevertheless gets to his feet and inserts the pointy end in the other man as quickly as possible. (1 success, 4 damage)

Noting the other masked figure bounding up the stairs, he almost aims the sword in the newcomer's direction, but something about the goons' reactions tells him the cavalry has arrived. Smiling slightly he turns his attention to the thug next in line...

The good Dr. Roscoe doesn't even break his black-clad stride as he finds himself coming across more of the red-robed individuals- there's -ALWAYS- more goons to worry about, after all. Again lunging forward, he swings out with his hands, each rigid hand swinging towards the temples of the goons, hoping to incapacitate the pair before they can do anything particularly unpleasant to the larger blonde man. He's got better fashion sense; he's likely a 'good guy'

OOC: Good to be back! Now...Dice. Divided action, 5 dice each- 1 Success on the first, and two on the other...man, gotta warm up these Dice :)

\"Is 'demon' better or worse than 'golem'? Do you think I should do something 'demonic' to this man? Would he want his expectations fulfiled? I don't feel demonic...\"

Lady Sarah lays her hand on Joe's arm, obviously a little concerned about his intentions.

"I think, perhaps, that we should simply restrain this one for now. When the others return, and we can calm him down, he may be able to tell us why they chose to attack us. Besides, I don't think 'demonic' would suit you."

Grabbing the sword as he rolls away from the attacker, thoughts of having to find a new tailor crosses Harald's mind. Not really familiar with a blade bigger than his own knife, he nevertheless gets to his feet and inserts the pointy end in the other man as quickly as possible.
The good Dr. Roscoe doesn't even break his black-clad stride as he finds himself coming across more of the red-robed individuals- there's -ALWAYS- more goons to worry about, after all. Again lunging forward, he swings out with his hands, each rigid hand swinging towards the temples of the goons, hoping to incapacitate the pair before they can do anything particularly unpleasant to the larger blonde man. He's got better fashion sense; he's likely a 'good guy'

Anker and Roscoe succeed in dispatching their foes quickly, if with little finesse. A search of the upper levels of the townhouse reveals no more of their strange, red-clad adversaries, although something about their appearence is familiar to Roscoe.........

Having made sure there are no more intruders on the upper floors, Harald turns to the black-clad figure who came to his aid. So... these aren't normal burglars, are they? You want to tell me what's going on here? Or maybe this isn't the time for explanations. There might be more downstairs.

Bringing the borrowed sword with him (you never know what you might run into), he heads downstairs, moving towards any sounds that seem out of place.

Archived