Trinity Universe: I Want You. . .

Defender

Hi all,

Well, it's official. I'm putting together a play by post game, with the option of arranging chats as well. I'm still putting together ideas for the game, but I have few rough notions I'm putting together and here are the few I have thus far:

A) Theme and mood: The theme is going to be one of hope of course, the heroes are working towards making the world a safer and better place for people and that'll be reflected in the bigger-than-life action of this caper. The mood will be rollicking, with a hint of mystery and intrigue and maybe even some horror to boot.

B) I'm limiting the number of players. Not as a slight against anyone who wants to play, but my ST skills are. . .well, let's just say I'm more roleplay than roll-play and leave it at that. Ideally I'm looking for no less than two and preferably no more than five players, that way everyone gets a chance to take the spotlight as opposed to it becoming a town hall meeting.  :P

C) Standard char creation rules apply for Phase One, however I'm tempted to up the Transformation points from 13 to 23. White Wolf never gives you enough points for your characters to be really _boss_ y'know? And I want some tough hombres for the goodies I have in store. Heh heh heh.  ::devil

Apart from that I'm still working on what the game would entail and the where/when/how of it. Mainly I set up this post so I could hear from you, who's available, who isn't, and what you'd like to see in an Adventure game. It'd be as much your game as mine, so let's hear your feedback!  ::bigsmile

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

-Defender.

Ooh, me, me, pick me!

I have no ideas for characters yet - well, I have one, a mysterious and beautiful French jewel thief. Yeah, I'm one of those guys who plays female characters a lot; take it up with my therapist  ::blush.

I'd being willing to play just about anything, actually. I usually like to know what other people want to play, to avoid too much overlap.

Let me know how many points you'd give us, and if there are any PC types that are off limits.

Okay. You make three of my five thus far chosen Heritage. As for power level, I'm thinking kinda tough, above average Inspired. I still want to hear from a few more folks and hear their ideas on what they'd like and what they'd want from a game before I make anything too concrete.

-Defender.

Well, with my Trinity tabletop game coming to a close in a few sessions, and with additional help here by way of the new staff position it looks like I might have a little bit of time on my hands..., I'd like to get involved.

As for character type, I'd really like to play a 'bad guy gone good' :)  

I need to think a bit more about the details first, but my initial thoughts are a guy who's got something to attone for, a sincere driving need to make up for past mistakes....

.... I'd like the character to still have some contact with places / people / events in his past, just so the pressure is on a bit more for him to prove to himself that he can do the right thing...

......  just initial thoughts at the moment, I need to think more about it like I said.

....and, um......  oooh, oooh pick me!

::starts bouncing along with Heritage::

::bigsmile

::withstupid

chill the boss?? oh that will never do!!   ;)  ;)

Don't worry, i can keep him in line   :P

I was thinking along the lines of a female Indiana Jones (with modification of course)

(now chill, stop laughing!!! I mean it! Stop laughing!!  ::yanks chain::  :P )

but i'm not completely sure on that one....usually like to wait for other input as well...

Good, good. I like what I'm hearing thus far; jewel thief, bad man gone good, and a female Indiana Jones. . .nice. That makes my three. Good to have you guys aboard.  Room for two more though. Is anyone else interested?  ::bigsmile

-Defender.

And just where is this chain attached, exactly....?

Def- I'll stick with the jewel thief, but screw the French angle - I'd just be typing "Mon dieu!" and "Allors!" all the type, which I think would be annoying for everyone. I'll just be lazy and make her American.

Any thoughts on the point total yet? And what's your opinion on crossing knack types?

Well I tell you this H. . .I don't like the idea of knack crossage. If you're a stalwart, you get stalwart goodies. If your a mesmerist, daredevil. . .natch. As for points, I'm thinking of upping the ante to 20 transformation points. Gives you enough room to get a few extra goodies without going too overboard. I want pulp/cinema adventure heroes, not the Justice Society of America. . .yet. *chuckles*

I've got some vague ideas about what I'd like for the game. It's going to be set in 1924, starting off in New York and heading across the globe in a _race against time. . ._

Ah, ah. But that'd be telling wouldn't it?  :P

-Defender.

I'd think about joining, but I (a) have little experience with post type games (played one PBEM but it died early so I got little experience with the format), (B) just joined an online game, have a semi-bi-monthly tabletop game to work on and a family of 5 to take care of, and © don't know Adventure! (have seen parts of the inside of the book once)...

Now with that said Defender, (a) how much time do you see this taking, (B) if chat sessions occured what night(s) are you looking at, and © do you mind having to hold my hand though chargen?

If so then I'm in... if you'll take me. Jewel thief and Jones are taken... oooh, hard one... get back with me on the above first maybe? :)

Well guys, you might want to start putting your chars together. . .I'm thinking of lighting this firecracker on June 21, once my first sessions of classes are done and I've got some quality goof-off time.  ::sneaky

Now, on to NV's questions:

A) About as much time as it takes you to reply to your average forum post. Roughly 75% of the game will take place via play by post. I'll write up a beginning scenario, then the first one to reply picks up the slack, and we round robin like that. Think of it as a game of hot potato. . .and I make my taters _hot_ baby. Hehe.  ::devil

B) I'm thinking a chat session about once a month or so, just to give the feel of a team in action giving the baddie a sound thrashing, or failing that we'll schedule whenever the Team gets to the point of beating the Big Bad, whichever comes first.

C) Pfft. . .that's no problem NV. I'd be more than happy to walk you through the basics. Try me on the chats this weekend, and I'll be glad to help.  :)

Okay, so that makes four. Good sized team, lotta chances for everyone to have fun. I think I'm gonna hold out for one more day in case someone else'd like to join in. Twenty-four hours from now. If you want in, you betta holla at me. ;)

-Defender.

Ok, keep in mind I have no clue about how this system works, but my ideas are (in order of preference):

(1) A Jedi-esque character

meaning someone who can do the 'these are not the droids you are looking for' kind of thing but  ::butbut  can also do the incredible physical feats we witnessed in Episode I and II (also Luke's leap in the Cloud City fight just as Vader says "Almost too easy" or something like that).

(2) A "Danger Dan" type guy (name is made up, but similar to what I'm thinking of...)

the guy who is extremely physical fit adn athletic, capable of surviving anything

the type is also typically rich...

(3) A Tarzan/Kazar-esque Character

the guy who is at home in the wilderness, raised by dingos in the austrailian outback or something like that...

I figure that the last is easily intheme/doable (from what little I know of the system) but not sure about the other two... and the first may be a mixed knack idea which I know you won't allow, but again just guessing.

I wanna play.

How about if I'm a mysterious foreigner with all kinds of psychic stuff noone knows about.

Or maybe a daredevil, jumping from cars, walking on planes, running into burning buildings, whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it hurts.

Or something else if those won't fit the game.

I'd also like to play but i'm not sure if you are alread at your limit for the game, so let me just trow out the character concept to see if it flys.  

He wears a white rumpled cotton suit, that looks like it has seen better days with a carpet bag tuked unter one arm.  Your first inpression is that he's some sort of charlitan or conman, but as he comes closer you see a weight in his eyes that makes him look more like a hundred years old even though his frame is that of a thirty year old.  He starts to walk past you than pauses.  He turns to you "You come across a dame in a red dress, avoid her."  Then continues on like any other spring day.  Latter that same day you meet your future ex-wife who breaks your heart and your bank account.  

Ten years later as you sit in the gutter a the same man comes up from behind sitting down next to you,wearing what looks like the same white cotton suit.  He gives you a warm smile and handing you from the carpet bag a hot sandwich and a mysteriously cold beer.  "I told you to stay away from her"  You give him a puzzeled look "Your Ex, she was wearing a red dress that day"  He stand up abruptly pats you on the back and continues on like any other spring day.

So hey do you like it  :D

Wow, cool character concept but (and keep in mind I am not the story teller nor do I have an In with his thought processes) as a ST myself I'd not allow it as a PC, too much forescripting gives me a headache and comes along with precognitive sources of information.

Good luck though, looks like there may be a scrap over the last slot. ;) ::hehe

Sorry guys to burst your bubbles, but Def made a post i think in the general descussion board saying that RL has gotten in the way and so the game is gonna have to go on hold...

unless someone else volunteers to start a game, then we're gonna be waiting for a little while

::smiley4

Archived