Trinity Universe: The game's afoot!

Heritage

To the VIP lounge, then. Conenient that you made sure we have the room to ourselves.

Feeling something cold and wet touch his hand, Calvin freezes for a second, taking stock of things around him. When he realizes that it's only a dog sniffing, the nuzzling his hand, he visibly relaxes, and takes time to give a good scratch behind the ears.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lounge is small and cozy, with several couches and a tidy little fireplace. Bethany closes the door and takes a seat.

So, ideas then. Do we let him perform the show, interupt it, or sneak into his dressing room and rummage through his things?

Calvin takes a seat away from the fire, looking cautious and keeping an eye on his coat's front pocket.

I'd suggest letting him go on with his performance. Don't let the cat out that we're trying to get the goods on him. While it's going, one or two of us could sneak backstage and caper.

Other plans, maybe?

I'll go back stage, I'm quick enough to get away if someone stools on us. I can even do it alone, no one will even notice I was there and gone until after the gigs over.

Jiro looks eager and excited and ready to go. She looks to Calvin and the rest of the group for approval.

Bethany smiles evilly at Jiro.

I'm always up for a little mischief myself, but I wouldn't want to cramp your style. If you prefer to work alone, I can always make trouble up front.

She looks to Johnny and Calvin.

By any chance would either of you be carrying miniature radio sets or some such thing? If we're spliting up, it might help if we could contact each other quickly.

Borris goes to one of the walls, sticking it soundly with his cane. He then listens to the wall for movement on the other wall.  When he get to the last panel he finds that that it sounds hollow.  Though he does not seem alarmed at all, a bit of investigation reveals a secret panel filled with a full compliment of "Imported" beverages.  satifed with his discovery he makes him self a Wiskey Sour.

Did you realy think that the VIP lounge would be with out all the amenities.  Any one want a coctail?  I fully trust Miss Jiro's powers of stealth but also our new friend Calvin may also be able to move about back stage because the charlitain is unaware that you are on our side. Plus you can always say that taking an assesment in order to give the theater an estimate for the new lighting.  The Great what ever his name is will be looking for me so the only place for me to be is to be in the front row.

Mr. Calvin, you should be aware that this man Berastro has some constiderable amount of skill with concealing wepons. He found his way in to the Aeon chapter house unchallenged.  In fact to device that he used to wound our dear Enkidu is some sort of high powered air pellet device.  You mechanical skill would most certinaly be invaluable to us in this investigation.

Calvin listens casually, watching Borris briefly with interest. He digs into his case beside him, producing two wrist watches.

Miniature radios? I have just the thing. These two are spares, and communicate between each other and the one I'm wearing. He pulls his sleeve back to show a semi-fancy wristwatch, not the same one he had out before. It has a watch face with the correct time, and a tiny speaker at the bottom. The others are similar.

I've been wanting to test these. They've all been woking fine so far, but I haven't had time yet to field test them.

Whomever is going backstage should have one, plus one in the theater. I think I shall go back myself, as I'm not yet affiliated with you folk.

That gun you mentioned, Borris. I would like to see it if we can get our hands on it. It sounds to be a marvel of modern engineering.

Let me take a pek backstage. I'll let you two know when the coast is clear, then I'll come back out. That's when you two go in Calvin points to Jiro and Bethany.

I'll join everyone else front row then, making sure he notices we are there.

Johnny Atomo nods his head sagely at all that's been said.

I'm sure glad all you folks are good at being sneaky - if it doesn't involve tinkering with engines or laying some palooka flat, I'm not much help, I'm afraid. Maybe I should have a seat on the aisle, in case I have to spring into action.

OOC - Just to get this straight, Anthony, Johnny, Borris and the everfaithful Bernard are going to take their seats, while Calvin peeks backstage, leaving Jiro and bethany waiting in the VIP lounge. If the coast is clear, he'll signal to the two lovely ladies, who will then starking poking around while Calvin takes his seat. Do I have everyone's actions right? If so, we'll move on to the next bit of action.

Also, who's going to wear Calvin's two remaining radios?

Jiro slowly, gingerly and with a look of fear reaches for one of the watch radios.

Do they work the same way as the last ones? Wait, you did get them to stop blowing up right? I mean, no offense but that hurt last time.

OOC: :P

To Heritage: I think that was what everyone had planned.

The door to the theater opens and you see flashbulbs going off right outside.  Then in walks a tall, muscular, incredibly attractive and well dressed man.  It's the world famous actor Rocco Shabowski, who also happens to be a member of the AEon society.  People crowd around him asking for autographs as photographers continue to take pictures.  After a few minutes of signing autographs and talking about his latest movie the crowd finally starts heading back to their seats.

The usher comes up and leads Rocco down to the 2nd row.

(ooc red is the usher) Here's your seat sir.  I'm sorry it's only the 2nd row, but the all the front row tickets have been purchased.

Thank you very much, this will do fine.  Here, have an autograph.

Rocco reaches into his jacket and pulls out an autographed picture of himself and hands it to the usher.

OOC: Hi everybody my names Ben, I'm joining the game.

OOC: Welcome aboard, Ben! Enjoy the forums here.

OOC: So far, Heritage. I'll warn you now, though, that I have a bad habit of altering plans at midpoint. I think Harle's the only ST that's been able to beat me back into submission when I do that.

Calvin looks at Jiro, an apologetic look on his face.

I really didn't think they'd do that last time. Who knew the extra radio waves in the area would cause them to explode like that? Innocence creeps across his face.

I shielded them better this time, testing to make sure that incident doesn't repeat itself. I even added an actual time piece to the gizmos! He seems very proud, almost seeking affirmation of his talents.

His eyes grow large with a revelation. This magician, he uses assistants, right? Pretty, young things? Cal eyes Jiro and Bethany thoughtfully.

His eyes grow large with a revelation. This magician, he uses assistants, right? Pretty, young things? Cal eyes Jiro and Bethany thoughtfully.

Bethany's eyes narrow as she smirks at Calvin's suggestion.

I see where you're going with this - just for once, I'd like to see a magic act where they use pretty young *men*.

She turns to Jiro with a sigh of resignation.

What do you say, Jiro? Up for the old switcheroo? I'm pretty good with disguises, since I've done a great deal of research incognito.

OOC- I accept your challenge, Joseph - I pride myself on being quick on my feet as an ST, so bring it on!  :thumbs-up

Welcome, Ben! Nice entrance, too.

Once Calvin says the radios are fine Jiro puts hers on .

If you say so, that's good by me.

When disguises are mentioned, Jiro looks almost amused enough to pop. She giggles slightly.

Disguise? Yes, I think I can manage that. *giggle* In fact, I would say it's my speciality. So, what do we do about the other two Janes? Well, Bethany and I can figure that out our our way. Why don't you gentleman go take your seats, and why don't us girls ankle on back?

OOC: this is where my forsight comes in to play. (GM tell me if you think this should cost an inperation point)

A rather timid Usher appoches Mr. Shabowski "Sir actualy the front row has been researved for the members of the Aeon society.  Please forgive us for the over sight sir."

Rocco is ushered to the front row. Seated next to a rather surprized Borris.

I'm sorry friend, but the front row is reserved only for members of the aeon society...  Wait you look vaugely familur though.  

OOC- If that's a dramatic edit, it's almost an invisible cut. I'll give it to you free, since you did say you bought the whole row.

IC - Johnny turns in his seat to the famous stranger, and starts visibly.

Great Scott, you're Rocco Shabowski!

Johnny gives him his usually excessively vigorous handshake.

Why, I've seen all your pictures, Mr.Shabowski. My favorite was "Guns Along the Congo" - I'll bet I've seen it a dozen times at least! Atomo's the name, Johnny Atomo! Boy, this sure is swell!

As the two women slip backstage, Bethany nervously whispers to Jiro in Mandarin.

Jiro, when we have taken care of the magician's assistants, I will be using certain...abilities I learned back in the East. You must swear upon your ancestors that you will tell no what you've seen unless I give you permission. Do you promise me this?

She's trying to smile, but her face is both frightened and severe.

Rocco returns Johnnys handshake with his own rather strong grip.

Johnny was it?  It's always nice to meet such big fans of mine.  But if you thought 'Guns Along the Congo' was good you'll definetly want to go see my newest picture as soon as it's released, 'The Tomb of Terror' it's a real thriller you'll love it.

Rocco turns his attention to Borris.

And you, you're a funny guy.  Pretending not to recognize me, 'vaguely familiar', you'd have to be living in a cave to have not heard of me. Heh heh heh.

Rocco chuckles and give Borris a big slap on the back.

So anyways I'm assuming you two fellas are AEon members too, right?  Mind telling me what we're doing here?  I showed up at the chapter house and the butler said you guys were here staking out a magician who shot a monkey or some other nonsense.  Poor guy was probably drunk.

In Mandarian: I was about to say the exactsame thing, and I swear on my ancestors never to speak of what I see here. Only you must promise me the same thing, and I warn you that if this breaks into a fight you will see me do some very strange things. I assure you, whatever happens, you will be in no danger from me unless you attack me.

Jiro also looks nervous, but has just a hint of curiousity about her.

Someday you must tell me how you know so much about China and the ways of its people.

Borris offers Shabowski his hand.Ah yes. I feel a bit silly for not recogizing  you earlier.  We're here hoping that the target slips up and tips his hand.  (leaning in to wisper) We sent a couple of surpizes back stage for him.

As the two women slip around backstage, they come upon two young ladies in gaudy costumes getting in their last cigarette before the performance. The blonde stubs out her cigarette and shakes her head.

I tell ya, Myrna, if that creep puts his hands anywhere they ain't supposed to be one more time, I'm gonna have Tito break his legs!

The brunette finishes her smoke, tosses it to the floor and grinds it out with her heel.

Gladys, if he gets grabby with me, I'll have my Burt break his back!

They both laugh as they adjust their eloborate feathered headdresses.

In the shadows behind a piece of scenery, Bethany pulls a small brown bottle and two handkerchiefs out of her purse. She pours the contents of the bottle into both handkerchiefs and hands one to Jiro.

Have you ever used knock-out drops before? You just put the cloth over her face for a few seconds until she passes out. Then we can stash them safely out of the way.

Bethany looks down at the bottle and back to Jiro, then gives an awkward shrug.

Don't ask why I carry this stuff - you'd be appalled by some of things I do.

OOC - I just blew two Inspiration points on the chloroform; Bethany isn't all sweetness and light, believe me.

And did we bump Calvin out of the action? He was supposed to be scouting ahead, but the two girls just went back on their own. Maybe Cal can get a look at Berastro before he goes onstage.

Bethany quickly eyes the two women, who appear to be ready to go onstage.

I'll take Gladys - I've never been a blonde before. Let's make our move.

OOC - I guess what I'm looking for here is a Stealth roll, to see if we sneak up on them. Or maybe a Brawl roll? Tell ya what, Stealth roll to see if we get the jump on them, Brawl to do the actual grabbing. If the Stealth roll fails, but the Brawl one works, we grab 'em but they get to scream first before they go under, which means we'll have to work *real* fast.

I'm going to assume average stats for the assistants as far as Perception dice go, but I'm giving them a dot each in Awareness, since an actor's life can be treacherous, especially at this level.

Hmm... kinda crappy rolls for Bethany.

IC - Bethany slips behind Gladys and lunges for her; Gladys sees her coming out of the corner of her eye and starts to scream just as the handkerchief covers her mouth, which only partly muffles it as she quickly wilts under the fumes.

Bethany hisses under her breath.

Damn!

OOC - Myra the brunette got *no* successes on her Awareness roll (unlike the sharp-eyed Gladys - grrr! ), so unless Jiro botches on her Stealth or Brawl rolls, Myra will go down quietly.

*1 success on the stealth role*

*4 successes on the brawl role*

Myra falls without a peep. As soon as the two are asleep, Jiro busies herself making sure that they are tied up and hidden away. As she does that her hair subtly changes style and length, her eyes widen and lips fill out, she seems to grow slightly shorter, and her figure fills out. She looks nearly perfectly like Myra only dressed in a man's suit. Jiro sighs and looks down at the suit, takes off the jacket and begins to unbutton the shirt. Underneath she is wearing the same outfit her sleepy double wears. Hurriedly she stashes the suit near the back door and looks to she if anyone heard the scream and is coming to investigate.

Bethany are you dolled up yet? If not I'll make up a story if anyone comes looking.

Someone did indeed hear! A large man who is jammed into a small cheap suit waddles backstage just as Bethany ducks out of sight.

What the hell is taking you broads? Everything okay back here? I thought I heard somethin'.

A moment later, 'Gladys' pops out back into view, her transformation as complete as Jiro's. She appears rather flushed.

Oh my Gawd, there was a rat back here! It ran right under my legs - I thought I was gonna die!

The big man snorts.

Its always something with you two. Now get your cute little butts onstage, it's time for curtain.

He turns and rolls away. Bethany gives Jiro a quick desperate look and whispers in Mandarin.

Let us pray that our job is not too difficult, or else we shall both be joining our ancestors!

The two women step onto the darkened stage - there are several gaudy and ornate props placed upon it, including two large chests with various holes at different intervals. The oily voice of an unseen announcer echos throughout the darkened theater.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the Adelphi Theater is proud to introduce a performer unequalled in his mastery of the dark arts! A man possessed of ancient wisdom and bizzare secrets passed down from empires long dead, and better forgotten! He walks in shadow, fearless and undaunted, as he pries forbidden mysteries from the very clutches of the damned! If you are faint of heart or of a nervous disposition, please leave now; the management of this theater will gladly refund your money for your own safety!

And now, if only the stout of heart remain, I give you... the Amazing... Berastro!

There is no sign of Berastro as the orchestra begins to play a swirling and mysterious theme. The curtain rises...

Jiro takes quick stock of the stage, taking carefully note of any exits and dangers. She looks at the props and tries to get a feel for what they do and how they work. * 1 success on a Perception + Awareness roll*

As the curtains rise she tries for a pose that she thinks will blend in, * 0 successes on a Charisma + Performance roll* she blinks in the bright lights and strains to see where the other Aeon members are seated.

OOC: My dice are cursed! :butbut

OOC - Only have time for a quick post. Can we assume that Borris got the third radio watch? We never said who got it, which I think was just an oversight. Since the party's in three parts, the women onstage, the fellows in the front row, and Calvin floating around somewhere backstage, I think communication between the three groups is a good idea.

I shall return upon the morrow!

OOC - Well, Jiro took one, and Calvin still had two. I was just suggesting a sort of free dramatic edit if you wanted a radio. If you don't want it, we could give it to Johnny; I suggested Borris because he's not my character, and Anthony hasn't been posting much lately. If things got a little dicey, I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to be able to reach everyone, and to keep Calvin in the loop.

OOC: Cal had a radio on, plus two spares. Don't know if that helped any. He typically has unknown quantities of variously useful (or not) gadgets hidden somewhere on his person.

OOC: Also, sorry to have disappeared over the weekend. It was my second anniversary, and I had three days off. (Monday was California Indian Day.)

Calvin can be happily sneaking around backstage. One of his gadgets is a set of goggles that acts like the Stalwart knack Aetheric Vision, with some minor (usually working) modifications. Magnification for example.

Calvin heads towards the dressing rooms, pretending to inspect some of the equipment and props on the way.

Jiro notes that the two large cabinets are human-sized, and is fairly sure that the large holes are meant for heads, hands and feet, while several smaller slits are meant for swords or other pointy objects. There are also small tables dotted with scarves, cups and balls pushed off to one side of the stage.

Bethany has considerably more luck with the appropriate posing (4 successes) but has nothing to offer as to the props' usage (1 success). She slips a wink towards the Aeon members in the front row.

Suddenly, amidst a blinding cloud of flashpowder, Berastro appears onstage! (From their positions nearby, the two 'assistants' can see that he smoothly rose out of the stage on a rising trap.) The audience applauds enthusiastically as he bows low, wearing black tie and tails.

He sweeps across the stage and grabs both women's arms, holding them triumphantly above his head; however, as he does so, he stiffens for a moment, quickly darting a glance to right and left. He then peers through the glare towards the front row. With a shake of his head, his smile returns, perhaps with a hint a cruelty tucked in the corners.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, thank you! I feel tonight will be a very special night, a night of illusions far surpassing even my own expectations! Spirts walk among us, gently poking at the fabric that seperates the world of the living....from the world of the dead!

There are numerous amused gasps from the crowd.

We're going to do things a little differently tonight. For my first trick, I need a volunteer from the audience - how about you, sir?

His eyes lock with Borris - his tone is light, but there is more than a touch of menace in his words. He gestures towards the stage.

Would you be so kind as to aid me in the simplest of illusions?

Meanwhile backstage, Calvin finds a door with a hand-painted sign reading 'Berastro' stuck to it. No one is in the immediate vicinity, but the door is locked.

Calvin is attempting to pick the lock. Netted 2 sux of 5 dice. (Considering this is the roll he normally botches, he's having a good day.) Once he feels the lock slip, he's going to carefully open the door, looking for some kind of alarm or other intrusion detecting device. (Magician's girlfriend...)

On a side note, he has his Ether Goggles on, and is peering around trying to detect anything out of the ordinary.

OOC: OK just to make perfectlu sure Jiro has one radio, bethathany the second and calvin the third right?

Borris pats Bernard on the head. Grunting while he gets up, he wispers a comand to the dog, "flank him". Borris waves to the audiance while he assends to the stage, tucking the cane under his arm.  When on stage he waves one last time and turns to Beastro. In a threatening tone and soft enough that his voice won't carry off the stage.You are either a bold man, a fool or worse yet a bold fool.

{Borris rolls a 6&9 on his intimidation, pretty good for only two dice}

Bernard hops down from his seat and tries to sneak back stage, to get into position for when Borris commands him to atack.

{Bernard stealth: 7,2,5,1,}

Archived